Poll

The incoming Tory Tax Cuts..

Brilliant! With everyone struggling at the moment, a few hundred quid would be most welcome
Maybe a small one, but money should be spent on failing public services
I am an egg and I like cheese and fluffy squirrels called Bob. Bob the Fluffy squirrel is my fave babes.
There shouldn't be a tax cut when public services are already so broken. Keep spending what we are
Far more investment is needed in this country. Spend the money where it's needed now and fuck this stupid Austerity shite.

Author Topic: Never mind 'Stop the Boats' - STOP THE TORIES  (Read 1316025 times)

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Conservatives: wholly-owned subsidiary of the ERG and 55 Tufton Street
« Reply #15240 on: September 29, 2022, 07:30:06 pm »
I take your pint, but don't be so quick - there's well over two years to go before the next election and Truss has been there for only three weeks! :D

Really, though, the country cannot afford for the Tories to remain in power any longer. But what mechanism is there to remove them? Are enough of the PCP going to vote down the Government in VoNC?

The only Tories I can think of who might turn are the ones in safe seats who essentially have little to lose in the Tories are kicked out of office. But based on that poll, NO Tories are safe - well bar two anyway. ;D
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Simplexity

• Do we need the xity? (apparently not)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #15241 on: September 29, 2022, 07:30:10 pm »
She behaves like how I imagine I would if I woke up one day and someone made me prime minister. Just completely shell shocked and hilariously out of her depth.

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15242 on: September 29, 2022, 07:32:13 pm »

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #15243 on: September 29, 2022, 07:35:45 pm »
:lmao

OMFG…. Just got in from work….

This is genuinely incredible … remarkable

It’s the worst thing I’ve ever heard…

:lmao

And you were around at the time of RAWK X Factor.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15244 on: September 29, 2022, 07:42:50 pm »
I think until we see other polls with similar leads we have to treat this one as a massive outlier.

I remember years ago how the Canadian Conservatives were reduced to two seats in an election. Yes, this is a massive outlier - pretty much double what most other recent polls have shown - but these sorts of polls can carry their own sense of momentum. The electorate themselves can pick up on that and feel the political tides turning.

Obviously an election now would be political suicide, but if they're faced with these kinds of polls, they may just decide to cut their losses. The sooner they get Labour in, the sooner they can turn things around.

Of course, they will want to stay on long enough to ensure the country is fucked enough that Labour can't fix it, and spend their time in opposition blaming Labour for not being about to repair the damage they caused, but the longer they stay in power, the more they risk polls like these crystallising into hard results.

Popcorn's Art

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #15245 on: September 29, 2022, 07:53:14 pm »
Another poll

NEW Westminster Voting Intention. Largest Labour lead (21 points) we've ever recorded.

CON 28% (-5)
LAB  49% (+6)
LD    11% (nc)
SNP 5% (+1)
GRE 1% (-2)
Others 7% (+2)
*Changes in comparison to Survation polling September 5th 2022

https://twitter.com/Survation/status/1575522804644007941?t=xxG0kNFEXTlAvpggIEm5gg&s=19

Offline damomad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15246 on: September 29, 2022, 07:53:23 pm »
I remember years ago how the Canadian Conservatives were reduced to two seats in an election. Yes, this is a massive outlier - pretty much double what most other recent polls have shown - but these sorts of polls can carry their own sense of momentum. The electorate themselves can pick up on that and feel the political tides turning.

I think it will turn into an "anyone but the tories vote". How can the majority of the electorate inflict maximum damage for what they've done?

If there were any "Labour/Green's" or "Labour/Lib Dems" (those on the fence), more than ever before, with the current voting system, it's not even worth the risk of wasting a vote and not go with Labour.

And lets be honest, those Brexit redwallers are not lost, they have swung once, they can swing again. A harsh winter could be the tipping point for a lot of them.
You're still the one pool where I'd happily drown

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #15247 on: September 29, 2022, 07:55:35 pm »
Here are all 4 polls from today

Four polls published in the last hour
🔴 YouGov: Labour 33pt lead
🔴 Survation: Labour 21pt lead
🔴 Deltapoll: Labour 19pt lead
🔴 Redfield & Wilton: Labour 17pt lead

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #15248 on: September 29, 2022, 08:04:01 pm »
And you were around at the time of RAWK X Factor.
To be fair to me, I didn’t dip into that.

“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #15249 on: September 29, 2022, 08:04:27 pm »
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #15250 on: September 29, 2022, 08:05:21 pm »
Here are all 4 polls from today

Four polls published in the last hour
🔴 YouGov: Labour 33pt lead
🔴 Survation: Labour 21pt lead
🔴 Deltapoll: Labour 19pt lead
🔴 Redfield & Wilton: Labour 17pt lead
an average lead of 22.5 pts
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15251 on: September 29, 2022, 08:07:52 pm »
Watched a bit of this earlier. Sharing for anyone who's interested.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/jdqmFiBPAeg&amp;t=127s" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/jdqmFiBPAeg&amp;t=127s</a>

Popcorn's Art

Offline Libertine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing behind me, everything ahead of me
« Reply #15252 on: September 29, 2022, 08:08:04 pm »
I think it will turn into an "anyone but the tories vote". How can the majority of the electorate inflict maximum damage for what they've done?

If there were any "Labour/Green's" or "Labour/Lib Dems" (those on the fence), more than ever before, with the current voting system, it's not even worth the risk of wasting a vote and not go with Labour.

And lets be honest, those Brexit redwallers are not lost, they have swung once, they can swing again. A harsh winter could be the tipping point for a lot of them.

The Red Wall is gone for the Tories. Labour voters will come out in force. Low propensity Brexity/Johnson switchers will probably stay home.

In many of the Blue Wall seats though, any Lib Dem leaners switching back to Labour will be handing those Tories a lifeline.

Online redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15253 on: September 29, 2022, 08:16:59 pm »
With thise polls, the tories won't call an early election, and I'm not sure they'd even want a VONC. Truss is already the bottom of the barrel, they don't have anyone else to take the job.

When are the next by-elections though? Maybe that tory majority can be eroded.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15254 on: September 29, 2022, 08:21:46 pm »
I can’t get my head around how genuinely thick she sounds. Miss me with the “she can’t be thick she learnt Mandarin at school” shit either please.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15255 on: September 29, 2022, 08:25:07 pm »
Can you all understand why i was so keen for her to win all this time ;D

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #15256 on: September 29, 2022, 08:26:11 pm »
Will Question Time be worth a watch this evening? Paul Scully should be due to get an absolute roasting from all sides.

It's on the Iplayer now.

Scully is getting it from all sides. Perversely Fiona Bruce said the audience is mostly Conservative voters! It's Manchester ffs. Even then though the audience is sticking it to the Tories.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15257 on: September 29, 2022, 08:28:40 pm »
I just didnt think the short term pain for the long term gain would be this painful.,
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15258 on: September 29, 2022, 08:34:28 pm »
With thise polls, the tories won't call an early election, and I'm not sure they'd even want a VONC. Truss is already the bottom of the barrel, they don't have anyone else to take the job.

When are the next by-elections though? Maybe that tory majority can be eroded.

That's not happening unfortunately, not with an 80 seat majority.

But the scale of any by-election defeats will really have them in a panic, as they will be a strong indicator as to the accuracy of the polls.

Popcorn's Art

Offline damomad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15259 on: September 29, 2022, 08:41:54 pm »
It's on the Iplayer now.

Scully is getting it from all sides. Perversely Fiona Bruce said the audience is mostly Conservative voters! It's Manchester ffs. Even then though the audience is sticking it to the Tories.

Watching it now, even the openly (previous) Tory voters in the crowd are sticking the boot in to Scully. Complete car crash for them.
You're still the one pool where I'd happily drown

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #15260 on: September 29, 2022, 08:44:40 pm »
I'm in shock at those polls, the only annoyance, were still 18 months, to 2 years out for the next election, but Truss is already toast, Tories being Tories will replace her before the next election. :no

Annoying Parliament is still in recess, Starmer would tear Truss a new one at PMQs, Truss still deluded to think every think is ok.
#Sausages

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15261 on: September 29, 2022, 08:46:03 pm »
I just didnt think the short term pain for the long term gain would be this painful.,

Sunak would have been a better PM for sure but we are way past the least worst option scenario. These fuckers have been in charge for 12 years and have fucked this country and taken away our rights. We need these lot out and Labour in and unfortunately the only way this public would make that change is if we saw a real shit show and we all suffered.

She was my dream choice for PM a while ago but I seriously didnt believe the Tories would give her the job, but it became real when the Mordaunt train hit the skids. She is utterly stupid, thick and hopeless, no matter what people try to say otherwise and no matter how many GCSE’s, Alevels or degrees they throw in your face.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15262 on: September 29, 2022, 08:56:12 pm »
Sunak would have been a better PM for sure but we are way past the least worst option scenario. These fuckers have been in charge for 12 years and have fucked this country and taken away our rights. We need these lot out and Labour in and unfortunately the only way this public would make that change is if we saw a real shit show and we all suffered.

She was my dream choice for PM a while ago but I seriously didnt believe the Tories would give her the job, but it became real when the Mordaunt train hit the skids. She is utterly stupid, thick and hopeless, no matter what people try to say otherwise and no matter how many GCSE’s, Alevels or degrees they throw in your face.

I remember when the leadership campaign started Mordaunt was the favourite because it was assumed it'd be her and Sunak in the final 2 and she'd get the nod from the members. Then the Mail started running hit pieces on her to get Truss on the ballot with Sunak knowing she'd win.

Mordaunt would have been a much safer pair of hands on the face of it.

All the right wing grifters wanted Truss so they'll have to own it.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15263 on: September 29, 2022, 08:58:25 pm »
If the Tories axed Truss, then they'd be onto their third leader/PM in this Parliament; their fourth in as many years. If anything, won't that just piss the electorate off even more?  It would be clear the Tories are just chopping and changing in the desperate hope that something sticks?

Changing the leader again would be like rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic. It's not going to fundamentally alter the underlying crazy that is controlling the party, and you can't put the toothpaste back in the tube - it's impossible to hide what they have become. It's there for everyone to see. Anything else will be backpeddling and u-turns.

At this point, changing leaders will look as cynical as it comes. We know it's cynical, but only the dumbest of the blind voter could view it as anything other than an attempt to cling to power, not an attempt to rectify a mistake for the good of the country. They are stuck with her and changing won't help.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Ma Vie en Rouge

• J'aime voir...!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15264 on: September 29, 2022, 09:00:14 pm »
Even worse than being thick or hopeless... she's a born-again style zealot. She will believe madly and stubbornly in whatever the latest thing is that she has decided is the right thing... and this time she's chosen doomsday economics as her cult. Kwarteng is an over-educated old-Etonian who thinks he is a genius. And behind them all are disaster capitalists and men who just want to watch the world burn, it seems, quietly smiling as the likes of Truss babble on about growing the economy.

If this was France, the rioting would have started some time ago. Probably about a decade ago, actually.

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15265 on: September 29, 2022, 09:04:59 pm »
If the Tories axed Truss, then they'd be onto their third leader/PM in this Parliament; their fourth in as many years. If anything, won't that just piss the electorate off even more?  It would be clear the Tories are just chopping and changing in the desperate hope that something sticks?

Changing the leader again would be like rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic. It's not going to fundamentally alter the underlying crazy that is controlling the party, and you can't put the toothpaste back in the tube - it's impossible to hide what they have become. It's there for everyone to see. Anything else will be backpeddling and u-turns.

At this point, changing leaders will look as cynical as it comes. We know it's cynical, but only the dumbest of the blind voter could view it as anything other than an attempt to cling to power, not an attempt to rectify a mistake for the good of the country. They are stuck with her and changing won't help.

It's like Watford last season with Roy Hodgson. He was hopeless and taking them down with a whimper but they'd already sacked two managers, they couldn't really sack a third.

They're damned if they do and damned if they don't though, they're fucked. It was similar with John Major after Black Wednesday in the 90s but at least the Tories had the option of getting rid of him and changing leader, they didn't bother in the end and knew their time was up anyway. They can't even roll the dice now. Any leadership change would need an election to follow quickly. The only thing they could do is to do that and hope it mitigates the losses (bearing in mind the current polling).  Limping on until 2024 could do them a lot more damage.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2022, 09:08:19 pm by Fromola »

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15266 on: September 29, 2022, 09:07:31 pm »
Truss having emergency talks with the OBR now.

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15267 on: September 29, 2022, 09:09:57 pm »
@JasonGroves1
Tory grandee Sir Charles Walker tells
@Channel4News
 that if Labour's 33-point poll lead is repeated at an election the Conservatives will 'cease to exist as a political party'

:P

That poll will definitely panic them. This Tory conference will be hilarious.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #15268 on: September 29, 2022, 09:12:39 pm »
@JasonGroves1
Tory grandee Sir Charles Walker tells
@Channel4News
 that if Labour's 33-point poll lead is repeated at an election the Conservatives will 'cease to exist as a political party'

:P

That poll will definitely panic them. This Tory conference will be hilarious.

I’m hoping her advisors tell her she needs to win the sceptics over by lightening up a bit. Let’s see her deliver some witty one liners with real panache. That should do the trick.

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15269 on: September 29, 2022, 09:13:48 pm »
I’m hoping her advisors tell her she needs to win the sceptics over by lightening up a bit. Let’s see her deliver some witty one liners with real panache. That should do the trick.

I can't wait to see her Dancing Queen moment at the conference.

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15270 on: September 29, 2022, 09:21:52 pm »
Given the polls out today, and the slight rallying of the pound, I'm assuming John Redwood and the Telegraph have been out putting it down to the prospects of an impending Labour Government?

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15271 on: September 29, 2022, 09:29:49 pm »
Given the polls out today, and the slight rallying of the pound, I'm assuming John Redwood and the Telegraph have been out putting it down to the prospects of an impending Labour Government?

Redwood’s been alright actually, saying that the Bank of England shouldnt put interest rates up. Maybe he can convince her to take control of the BoE and we can see if she plays economist better than she plays PM?

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15272 on: September 29, 2022, 09:35:00 pm »
I assumed you were a psychopath - I think I was correct! ;D
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #15273 on: September 29, 2022, 09:38:46 pm »

i can relate, I recently tried explaining to my 5 year old how value of money differs from the number of coins in your hand although I suspect the only thing in Truss’s hands are magic beans.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15274 on: September 29, 2022, 09:41:19 pm »
FFS. ::)
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #15275 on: September 29, 2022, 09:41:43 pm »
Redwood’s been alright actually, saying that the Bank of England shouldnt put interest rates up. Maybe he can convince her to take control of the BoE and we can see if she plays economist better than she plays PM?

I’m terms of reducing demand he’s probably right, we don’t need to raise rates, but to keep Sterling where it is the BoE will have to. I suspect at least a 1% rise in priced in already for November and anything less then that will see pound take another battering.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15276 on: September 29, 2022, 09:51:24 pm »
Where's the bloke who always posts whenever there's bad news for Labour on the Opinion Poll front? I need to know what he's thinking!

Haven't seen Cap Reina for a while......

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15277 on: September 29, 2022, 09:56:34 pm »
It's just going to be a lot of bad things though isn't it?

Yep. It's going to be fucking awful!!

Offline cheesemason

• Kopite
« Reply #15278 on: September 29, 2022, 10:05:56 pm »
Wouldn’t put it beyond the realms of possibility that Boris could be back as PM by the end of the year. Would be somehow fitting

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15279 on: September 29, 2022, 10:08:04 pm »

I assume she’s trying to pressure/threaten them.

Does the Chancellor appoint their head?