Author Topic: GBeebies (anything about Brillo's propaganda network in here)  (Read 50627 times)

Offline Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: GBeebies (anything about Brillo's propaganda network in here)
« Reply #80 on: June 27, 2021, 10:24:35 pm »
https://nation.cymru/news/gb-news-trounced-in-viewing-figures-by-pobol-y-cwm-and-gets-five-times-fewer-than-welsh-language-paw-patrol/

GB News trounced in viewing figures by Pobol y Cwm – and gets five times fewer than Welsh language Paw Patrol

GB News’s viewing figures have slumped below those of Welsh language S4C shows such as Pobol y Cwm, the latest figures reveal.

The right-wing news channel debuted to ratings of 336,000 on June 13, higher even than established rivals Sky News and BBC News.

But the latest figures showed a significant slump, with only a maximum of 32,000 tuning in on Thursday. Chairman Andrew Neil’s own flagship show only attracted 31,000.

It means that the channel has slumped below viewing figures for Welsh language S4C shows such as Pobol y Cwm, which attracts 44,000 viewers according to the latest S4C stats.

Welsh language Paw Patrol, Patrol Pawennau, pulled in over five times as many viewers at 161,000.

BBC News at Ten on Thursday meanwhile pulled in 3.6 million viewers.

The slump in GB News viewers comes as Chairman Andrew Neil announced that he would be taking a break from presenting on the network.

At the end of his regular program Thursday, Andrew Neil, said that he would “be back before the summer is out, and popping up when you least expect it.” Colin Brazier, another presenter for the channel, will be taking over Neil’s place during his break.

Admitting to a “rocky start” for the channel, the chairman said he would soon take a “few weeks” hiatus in a recent monologue.

He added: “We get better every day, and there is clearly an appetite for what we are doing.

“In two short weeks, we have already built a loyal audience, which has beaten all of our expectations.”

Sorry but are we allowed to laugh yet?

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #82 on: July 4, 2021, 12:51:49 pm »
Blocked on Twitter by Andrew Neil….

Not for my many jokes about his wig.  But for questioning why such a massively successful launch of a news channel would see its star turn take a break after only two weeks
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #83 on: July 4, 2021, 12:52:53 pm »

Not for my many jokes about his wig.  But for questioning why such a massively successful launch of a news channel would see its star turn take a break after only two weeks

What a snowflake.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #84 on: July 4, 2021, 01:04:04 pm »
So how long before the plug is pulled?

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #85 on: July 4, 2021, 01:12:28 pm »
I had my doubts before hand, but I just can't see how a lecturing, patronising opinion spouting 'news' channel could work in the UK. Its not very British, which is ironic considering its meant to be British. Watched a bit of 'Dan Wooton' and it was a painful watch.
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #86 on: July 4, 2021, 02:16:13 pm »
I had my doubts before hand, but I just can't see how a lecturing, patronising opinion spouting 'news' channel could work in the UK. Its not very British, which is ironic considering its meant to be British. Watched a bit of 'Dan Wooton' and it was a painful watch.

Have you ever opened a British "news"paper? Actually no need to open it, a quick glance at the headlines is enough.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: July 4, 2021, 02:21:00 pm »

If memory serves, Tepid, you have a habit of being blocked by blue-check-marked twitterers! ;D

Yep. There does seem to be high correlation of those who are the loudest voices against wokeness [sic] and are huge snowflakes [sic].
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #88 on: July 4, 2021, 02:27:55 pm »
If memory serves, Tepid, you have a habit of being blocked by blue-check-marked twitterers! ;D

Yep. There does seem to be high correlation of those who are the loudest voices against wokeness [sic] and are huge snowflakes [sic].
Not really

Angela Rayner because I told her that on her education policies was a waste of time beciase schools already did it (VERY thin skinned)

Owen Jones (who isn’t?)

And Nick Griffin…. Because I destroyed his illogical argument and it was easier for him to block me.  I could have said “I know where you live” …but didn’t …that would be unfair
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: July 4, 2021, 03:07:52 pm »
Not really

Angela Rayner because I told her that on her education policies was a waste of time beciase schools already did it (VERY thin skinned)

Owen Jones (who isn’t?)

And Nick Griffin…. Because I destroyed his illogical argument and it was easier for him to block me.  I could have said “I know where you live” …but didn’t …that would be unfair
So, that's four blocks from those with blue-check-marks. Hopefully it is not the only four times you've used twitter! :) I don't use Twitter, so have little idea of how much blocking goes on there. But I've used forums for 20 years - I've never blocked anyone. But maybe one or two have blocked me here. :-X

If that's all you did to earn being blocked by Rayner, that is indeed very thin-skinned of her. A very poor quality for anyone, and especially so for a politician. ::)
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #90 on: July 4, 2021, 04:11:38 pm »

Cancel culture. He's cancelled himself.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #91 on: July 4, 2021, 04:25:01 pm »
There does seem to be high correlation of those who are the loudest voices against wokeness [sic] and are huge snowflakes [sic].

A lot of them are the sort of self-important blowhards that are used to being seen as important and having their opinions matter, but also people whose position in life would have traditionally insulated them from major consequences.

The idea that the 'little people' have any sort of power is an anathema to them.
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: July 4, 2021, 05:19:29 pm »
Watched a bit of Oliver and Stewart on there......

It's really really bad!  Not sure how big their budget is, but it doesn't look like much.

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: July 4, 2021, 06:43:43 pm »
Watched a bit of Oliver and Stewart on there......

It's really really bad!  Not sure how big their budget is, but it doesn't look like much.
Your comment there prompted me to take a look:

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/-uaMSJcj004" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/-uaMSJcj004</a>

I managed 14 mins. It is pretty dire. I prefer the other Oliver and Stewart myself (that's John and Jon).

It is pathetic. I am happy to see GBeebies imploding under the huge pile of shiteness. :)

Offline Commie Bobbie

• Just woke up......Member of the Committee for State Security. More Folkestone Fashionista than Sandon Sandanista......
  • Legacy Fan
  • #WTRWWAW
« Reply #94 on: July 4, 2021, 07:03:06 pm »
GBeebies: Where Racists' Careers End.
Twitter: @atypicalbob

DON'T BUY THE S*N

MacKenzie Is Still A Fucking c*nt

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: July 4, 2021, 07:20:31 pm »
Hopefully this far right news experiment is close to falling on its ass in this country.  Not quite the appetite for it that some were hoping for.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: July 4, 2021, 07:57:44 pm »
Funny how nearly all these presenters are big Brexiteers. Not very diverse when they all seem to have the same political views.

Even got Frottage on presenting shows at the weekend.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: July 15, 2021, 08:39:42 pm »
Oh

My

Fucking

God

Free speech?

They’ve got actual fucking racists on and this is deemed unacceptable.
W

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #98 on: July 16, 2021, 08:00:27 am »

Free speech?

It gets better. Apparently they were forced to tweet that out to save their viewership, which has apparently hit ZERO on some of their shows since that knee, because the viewers, who let's recall are the first to complain about their racist heroes suffering from 'cancel culture', decided to BOYCOTT the channel.

I genuinely don't understand the people on the right anymore (maybe not the entire right, or even strictly the far-right. What shall we call it the... "dense right"?). They're happy to stand on the wrong side of history, twisting their narrative of the world through bizarre contortions just so that they can arrange the awful, hurful things they believe in better in their heads.
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: July 16, 2021, 08:36:23 am »
From a positive slant this failed experiment appears to suggest the extent of racists & far right loons in the country may not be as extensive as envisaged.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: July 16, 2021, 08:39:55 am »
I watched the other day I  could only cope for 5 mins, not because of any right wing bile getting spewed - it was just awfully produced shite
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: July 16, 2021, 08:40:37 am »
From a positive slant this failed experiment appears to suggest the extent of racists & far right loons in the country may not be as extensive as envisaged.

It isn't.  It is just amplified by social media and stoked by our government.

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #102 on: July 16, 2021, 08:50:04 am »

I just don’t think many of them watch the news to be honest.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: July 16, 2021, 09:11:24 am »

Most people aren't actively racists and right wing, they are just lazy, opportunistic, greedy, and failing to see the bigger picture or to think things through. They are also frightful with a "poor me" mentality and thus they easily follow the self-proclaimed leaders of the right, who promise to make everything they go away.

Of the small minority of active racists and fascists, most are inept and too stupid to cope with everyday life, so they fail to produce anything and are often entagled in in-fighting and the occasional brush with the law.

Only very few are able to be successful, and usually by masquarading as someone less extreme.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: July 16, 2021, 09:17:51 am »
Most people aren't actively racists and right wing, they are just lazy, opportunistic, greedy, and failing to see the bigger picture or to think things through. They are also frightful with a "poor me" mentality and thus they easily follow the self-proclaimed leaders of the right, who promise to make everything they go away.

I was reading a community facebook group for my area

A woman asked what she needs to do or tell the council to get emergency housing

someone said cross the channel in a dingy and youll get one straight away

everyone was in agreement

Like you say lazy stereotypes 
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Riquende

• Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #105 on: July 16, 2021, 01:26:16 pm »
https://www.theguardian.com/media/2021/jul/16/gb-news-pulls-guto-harri-off-air-taking-the-knee-row

He's not just been cancelled by the viewers, but now cancelled by the channel itself!

Right wing cancel culture running wild!

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #106 on: July 16, 2021, 01:28:09 pm »
Oh

My

Fucking

God

Free speech?

A late spring clean for the echo chamber.

A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Libertine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing behind me, everything ahead of me
« Reply #107 on: July 16, 2021, 01:41:04 pm »
Oh

My

Fucking

God

Some amusingly pointed out the similarity between how those two tweets developed and the great Bob Katter clip....

https://twitter.com/Tevildo2/status/1415758932287627264

Always worth another look  ;D

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: July 16, 2021, 01:56:38 pm »
It gets better. Apparently they were forced to tweet that out to save their viewership, which has apparently hit ZERO on some of their shows since that knee, because the viewers, who let's recall are the first to complain about their racist heroes suffering from 'cancel culture', decided to BOYCOTT the channel.

I genuinely don't understand the people on the right anymore (maybe not the entire right, or even strictly the far-right. What shall we call it the... "dense right"?). They're happy to stand on the wrong side of history, twisting their narrative of the world through bizarre contortions just so that they can arrange the awful, hurful things they believe in better in their heads.

The true insanity is that history itself tells these idiots that they're on the wrong side. Yet they choose to persevere. I guess Brexit and politics in other countries has emboldened them.

As with many who have gone before, they seek to put a spell on enough people to intimidate the rest into going along with things. Media is a key tool in that endeavor. So far, thankfully, it's not worked.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: July 16, 2021, 01:57:54 pm »
So. Does anyone still feel that GBeebies is going to be a runaway success? To me, they seem destined to fail and I could not be happier about it. :)

Offline BobOnATank

• Kopite
« Reply #110 on: July 16, 2021, 02:12:32 pm »
Well if their ratings cannot compete with a bloke eating a kebab to lift music @ 3am then.... https://mobile.twitter.com/davechannel/status/1415948980756918272   ;D

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: July 16, 2021, 04:12:12 pm »
Well if their ratings cannot compete with a bloke eating a kebab to lift music @ 3am then.... https://mobile.twitter.com/davechannel/status/1415948980756918272   ;D
Brilliant! ;D

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: July 16, 2021, 05:15:02 pm »

Because their base is pretty much relegated to Lawrence Fox voting, Tommy Robinson supporting, Brexit voting, S*n reading flag shaggers. And the problem with that is they'll never be right-wing enough to satisfy them.

Andrew Neil wanted to bring over the small c conservative Boomer viewership demographic from the BBC, which hasn't happened. Younger demographics aren't wasting their time watching 24 hour news channels either. There just isn't the market for it in the UK.

And the market GBeebies are going for, Talkradio have got covered anyway.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: July 16, 2021, 05:27:44 pm »
Thier director of programming has just quit..
W

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #114 on: July 16, 2021, 05:39:41 pm »
Thier director of programming has just quit..

Racists quitting a sinking ship

Offline redbyrdz

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #115 on: July 16, 2021, 05:43:10 pm »
So. Does anyone still feel that GBeebies is going to be a runaway success? To me, they seem destined to fail and I could not be happier about it. :)

I thought people would love having that shit on, but I'd be very glad to be wrong about it!

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #116 on: July 16, 2021, 06:32:57 pm »
I thought people would love having that shit on, but I'd be very glad to be wrong about it!
Well, to be fair, we all were only guessing at the outcome. But I am very happy that my guess seems to be panning out. Hopefully, the pockets of some assholes will be emptied in the process.

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #117 on: July 16, 2021, 06:44:47 pm »
Well, to be fair, we all were only guessing at the outcome. But I am very happy that my guess seems to be panning out. Hopefully, the pockets of some assholes will be emptied in the process.

Expect the worst and you can only be pleasantly surprised.

It's like being a Scotland fan.

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #118 on: July 16, 2021, 06:57:53 pm »
Expect the worst and you can only be pleasantly surprised.

It's like being a Scotland fan.
;D

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #119 on: July 16, 2021, 07:03:14 pm »

Liberals and lefties aren't going to watch it and it'll never be right-wing enough for the hard right, who'll have a shit fit every time something happens that they don't like (i.e. this fella who've they've just got sacked). The further right they go they'll also lose the more moderate conservative, so it's a conundrum. Therefore their target audience is reduced. Ultimately their presenters are second rate and that's a big problem, along with the amateurish production.

They're not going to be able to afford stronger presenters and a more professional outfit once the advertisers desert them because nobody is watching them. It's just an Andrew Neil vanity project.