Author Topic: Had the Vaccine?...  (Read 72998 times)

Offline Zeppelin

• Funds hate.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hammer of the Gods
Re: Had a reaction to the Vaccine?
« Reply #80 on: March 23, 2021, 12:31:34 pm »
Felt rough the next day - shivering and very tired. Stayed in bed for the day and was fine next day.

Online tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #81 on: March 23, 2021, 12:37:49 pm »
Had the AZ jab around lunchtime, no reaction yet.  Will report back.

Arm is a little sore where it went in, but nothing else at the moment.  Feel fine.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline El Denzel Pepito

• Tight-fisted and unimaginative moany wannabe feedback tourist. More Michael O'Leary than Dermot...but will also give out noshes.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #82 on: March 24, 2021, 02:04:39 pm »
Had the AstraZeneca at 6pm yesterday along with my partner. We both felt OK until we went to sleep last night but we've both woken up with chills, a headache, a body ache and a temperature. Completely wiped out, feels like I have the flu as well as a hangover at the same time.

Taken a couple of paracetamol now so hopefully things should calm down. I'd never experienced such a reaction to a vaccine before so it's all caught me a bit off guard.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #83 on: March 24, 2021, 03:59:54 pm »
I had the AZ one at 12:30 today. The pharmacist who administered it said that headaches afterwards tend to be down to dehydration, so remember to stay well hydrated. I've just been out and mowed the lawn and did other bits and bobs around the garden and feel ok afterwards. I used to have intramuscular steroid injections for hayfever so I'm expecting a sore arm later because I had that with them, but otherwise I'm ok.

Hopefully I'm ok tomorrow too, as I have an appointment I have to drive to.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
Re: Had a the Vaccine?...
« Reply #84 on: March 24, 2021, 04:09:02 pm »
Maybe worth changing the title so that those that didn't have any bad effects can post as part of an encouragement thing.

This thread seems a bit negative to me - and plenty of people are scared of hospitals and needles and being vaccinated.

If people can see a lot of people that have minor or no effects then it might be more beneficial?

Agreed - changed the title.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #85 on: March 24, 2021, 04:35:44 pm »
Possibly a stupid question - how have GPs been getting in touch to advise of vaccine availability in general? Phone?
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Online tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #86 on: March 24, 2021, 04:36:37 pm »
So been two days now and zero side effects from the AZ jab for me.  Slightly sore shoulder for a day, that was it.

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #87 on: March 24, 2021, 04:40:53 pm »
Possibly a stupid question - how have GPs been getting in touch to advise of vaccine availability in general? Phone?

I received an automated SMS from my GP surgery, followed by one confirming my appointment. Plenty of friends and family were also notified that way, obviously theyd need a mobile number on record.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #88 on: March 24, 2021, 04:45:24 pm »
I received an automated SMS from my GP surgery, followed by one confirming my appointment. Plenty of friends and family were also notified that way, obviously theyd need a mobile number on record.
Ah thanks. I recently registered at a GP for the first time since before uni (a decade ago) so was wondering. They've got my mobile and email so should be fine, though I'd reckon I'll likely be a while yet.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: March 24, 2021, 04:46:52 pm »
I think it's a bit random.
I just got a phonecall at about 5.30 one evening. Wife got a text followed up by a letter.

Online tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #90 on: March 24, 2021, 04:50:50 pm »
I got a text from either the GP or NHS, can't remember which one.  No letter, so I assume it depends on what info they have in their database regarding communication.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #91 on: March 24, 2021, 05:10:42 pm »
I got a letter, but I'd already booked online anyway after my age group became eligible.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: March 24, 2021, 05:43:03 pm »

Might want to have another crack at that....   ;)

Offline Slippers

• atennerandwesaynomoreyeah?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: March 24, 2021, 05:43:04 pm »

I got a letter from our surgery,they claimed that they'd been trying to contact me by phone but they hadn't done any such thing.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #94 on: March 24, 2021, 06:01:29 pm »

Missus got a text with a link to book. I had to remind my GP, via askmygp, of my medical history and they moved me into group 6, informed me of this via askmygp and then also sent me a text with the link.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #95 on: March 24, 2021, 06:01:39 pm »

I was notified by text and applied for it and then a few days later got a letter saying that I could apply.

More joined-up NHS systems :)
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Theoldkopite

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Survived The Boy's Pen in the 60's.
« Reply #96 on: March 24, 2021, 08:45:11 pm »

Italian thread?

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #97 on: March 24, 2021, 08:49:58 pm »
What's-a matter you? Hey! Gotta no respect?
What-a you t'ink you do, why you look-a so sad?
It's-a not so bad, it's-a nice-a place
Ah shaddap-a you face!
 ;D
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline Theoldkopite

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Survived The Boy's Pen in the 60's.
« Reply #98 on: March 24, 2021, 09:04:22 pm »
What's-a matter you? Hey! Gotta no respect?
What-a you t'ink you do, why you look-a so sad?
It's-a not so bad, it's-a nice-a place
Ah shaddap-a you face!
 ;D

;D ;D

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: March 25, 2021, 07:14:42 am »
The texts people have been getting, what did it say?

I got one yesterday, sender says ‘NHS-noReply’ and the message said ‘We've noticed that you haven't had the Covid vaccine yet. Click here for useful information about the vaccine and to answer a few questions that will help the NHS to better support local people’ - I haven’t been offered it yet so I thought it looked like a scam text, anyone else had something similar? I’ve taken the link out but it went to a domain called ‘mygp.me’

Offline Lfc19ynwa

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: March 25, 2021, 07:21:32 am »

I got a letter from the NHS and then a few days later a text from the GP

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: March 25, 2021, 08:19:51 am »

I got one yesterday, sender says ‘NHS-noReply’ and the message said ‘We've noticed that you haven't had the Covid vaccine yet. Click here for useful information about the vaccine and to answer a few questions that will help the NHS to better support local people’ - I haven’t been offered it yet so I thought it looked like a scam text, anyone else had something similar? I’ve taken the link out but it went to a domain called ‘mygp.me’

Scam - .me is the country code for Montenegro.

You should only get a text inviting you to book your vaccination, mine was a link to accurx.thirdparty.nhs for a booking.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #102 on: March 25, 2021, 08:31:05 am »
Had the AZ jab a couple of days ago. In and out in a couple of minutes. 

No after effects. Like the flu jab, wouldn’t know I’d had it.

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #103 on: March 25, 2021, 08:47:30 am »
My notification was all done by text from my doctors.  It said:-

Dear Mr <my surname>,
You have been invited to book your COVID-19 vaccination. Please read the information at https://tinyurl.com/4bluds97. Please wear a face covering and DO NOT attend if you have symptoms of COVID-19. Thanks
Please click on the link to book: accurx.thirdparty.nhs.uk/r/<code>
<name of doctors surgery>”

I’m guessing different surgerys might use slightly different wording, but hopefully all given a template due to the scam issue, so should be very similar.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #104 on: March 25, 2021, 08:52:17 am »
Might want to have another crack at that....   ;)

It's the Joe Dolce edition...
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105 on: March 25, 2021, 09:01:28 am »

There are two ways to be invited via SMS.  One comes straight from your GP via the accuRx automated system giving you a link to select between a few practices in your primary care network.

The second comes from NHS central booking and the sender is NHSvaccine (exact format).  This one lets you choose between vaccination centres (chemists etc).

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
« Reply #106 on: March 25, 2021, 12:54:23 pm »
It's the Joe Dolce edition...
The Italian Jab

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #107 on: March 25, 2021, 02:51:07 pm »
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline Gaz123456

• Legacy Fan
  • 2005 - The best and worst year of my life
    • Elite Financial Planning Consultants
Re: Had the Vaccine?...
« Reply #108 on: March 25, 2021, 08:30:30 pm »
Very slight sore arm the day after but no side effects at all. Astra vaccine

Offline dikwad

• Kopite
« Reply #109 on: March 25, 2021, 08:36:36 pm »
Me and Mrs D both got the Astrazenica. I had no side effects at all but she was rough for 3 days. All my fault apparently

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: March 25, 2021, 10:04:31 pm »

Offline pw1008

• Kopite
« Reply #111 on: March 25, 2021, 10:10:13 pm »
I had mine first AZ\oxford jab at beginning of March around 1pm. Felt fine all day took some paracetemol just in case around 2. Felt fine went to bed about midnight - 2am wok up felt a bit achey nothing awful and hot. Struggled to get back to sleep till about 6. Up for work pretty soon after that - goosed all day but just down to lack of sleep really.

Had a bottle of wine that night and a solid 10 hour kip and felt perfect next morning.

Have no concerns about he 2nd jab. Might just have a bottle of wine that night and hope I sleep thru it! Not advising that for anyone else mind

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: March 26, 2021, 07:12:05 am »
I had the Oxford AZ jab early yesterday. Had to go to Whiston, nothing local and you book both about 2 weeks in advance The process was slick, in and out. If you arrive 15 mins early just go in, you'll fly through.
Felt nothing at all.
Didn't take Paracetamol.
Felt fine all day, by the time I went to bed I'm not sure if I was starting to feel a bit crap, I may have just been really tired. I had a really restless night but can't put that down to it as I'm a terrible sleeper. No fever, sweats or anything.

Also, in the afternoon my GP surgery text me to say I need the vaccine and if I've had the first don't have the second until I've notified them - very unusual. I'll call them

My arm is a bit sore today, which is also unusual as I've been getting vitamin B12 injections and I should be use to needles.

Hopefully for all of you it will be the same, nothing to worry about.

Offline Slippers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: March 26, 2021, 08:30:41 am »
I'm booked in for mine this afternoon,I got a letter from our surgery on Monday informing me that I was in tier 6 and should contact them before April 2nd as that's the day they start on the second round of vaccinations.

Offline Teacher

• Pair Ant Even Ink
  • Main Stander
« Reply #114 on: March 26, 2021, 05:01:06 pm »
Just had my vaccination over at Broad Green. Involved filling in a form and waiting about twenty mins. All pretty organised and efficient. The nurse recommended plenty of water and a couple of paracetamol in terms of the most common side effects. Am tired of being a mask-wearing hermit and hope this is the first step toward some kind of normality.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #115 on: March 26, 2021, 06:00:13 pm »
Had mine at Broad Green Heart and Chest Hospital today.

Felt a bit weird after (Psychosematic I reckon) then felt fine.

I had been reading up on this quite a lot and stayed off the ale for a week. I plan to stay off the ale for a week after too. You can drink, it seems, but it lowers the immune response.

I also for the last week have been drinking plenty of water all week and today had a couple of pints of water before and a few pints of water afterwards.

No effects at all except that I've been hungry and just had a lovely vindaloo washed down with more water.

See how I feel tomorrow, but all good so far :)
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Slippers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #116 on: March 26, 2021, 07:58:24 pm »
Had mine eight hours ago,there was quite a queue outside the surgery but once I got in the whole thing took about four minutes.

Offline Mumm-Ra

• Dunking Heretic. Mexican drug runner. Can go whistle for a pair of decent trainees! Your own personal cheese. Yes.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #117 on: March 26, 2021, 08:11:29 pm »
The Italian Jab

This is the self-vaccination society  ;D

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #118 on: March 26, 2021, 08:25:48 pm »
Had mine eight hours ago,there was quite a queue outside the surgery but once I got in the whole thing took about four minutes.
This is the vaccine you’re talking about?
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Slippers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #119 on: March 26, 2021, 08:30:02 pm »
This is the vaccine you’re talking about?

Yep,dinner was only an hour and a half ago.