Author Topic: Unpopular Opinions  (Read 131885 times)

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
Re: Unpopular Opinions
« Reply #1360 on: September 5, 2022, 03:56:47 pm »
Thats too broad.
Pineapple on pizza - disgusting
Jam on bread - heavenly

As a lifelong vegetarian, I've never had Hawaiian - pineapple when paired with chilli/spice, however, is top class and is a regular go-to for my pizza topping.

I tend to go for a thin & crispy base too, so the pineapple adds a certain succulence to the whole experience.

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #1361 on: September 5, 2022, 03:57:17 pm »
As a lifelong vegetarian, I've never had Hawaiian - pineapple when paired with chilli/spice, however, is top class and is a regular go-to for my pizza topping.

I tend to go for a thin & crispy base too, so the pineapple adds a certain succulence to the whole experience.

Taking mental note of a future album title right there ;D

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #1362 on: September 5, 2022, 04:03:27 pm »
Cheese is my Jam.

Like Liz Truss, Cheese is a big part of my life
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #1363 on: September 5, 2022, 04:09:22 pm »
I had steak with white chocolate the other week :boxhead
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #1364 on: September 5, 2022, 04:10:57 pm »
I had steak with white chocolate the other week :boxhead

Sausage butties with chillies, fish fingers, cheese, ketchup and curry sauce with gherkins is where it's at
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1365 on: September 5, 2022, 04:14:11 pm »
WTF did I just read?

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #1366 on: September 5, 2022, 04:24:12 pm »
Sour dough bread is OK the first time toasted .

After that, nothing special.

I think all bread deteriorates in taste/quality if you toast it more than once
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #1367 on: September 5, 2022, 04:25:13 pm »
WTF did I just read?

An order straight out of Scooby Doo :puke2
#Sausages

Offline lfcred1976

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1368 on: September 5, 2022, 04:28:08 pm »
Who thinks Tracey Connolly and Karen Matthews should be able to have more kids?

You can add Kate and Gerry McCann to that list. Or are they exempt from being classed as bad parents as they don’t live in a council house and are both medical professionals?

Offline jackh

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #1369 on: September 5, 2022, 04:28:22 pm »
An order straight out of Scooby Doo :puke2

:lmao Is that a 'known phrase' or have you just pulled that from nowhere?! Love it ;D

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #1370 on: September 5, 2022, 04:31:27 pm »
:lmao Is that a 'known phrase' or have you just pulled that from nowhere?! Love it ;D

Naa watched Scooby Doo growin up & were known for wierd food combos  ;)
#Sausages

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #1371 on: September 5, 2022, 04:37:11 pm »
Sausage butties with chillies, fish fingers, cheese, ketchup and curry sauce with gherkins is where it's at

Of all the nonsense you’ve typed over the years that maybe the worst. :D

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #1372 on: September 5, 2022, 04:38:46 pm »
Of all the nonsense you’ve typed over the years that maybe the worst. :D

I suspect like a lot of what he's typed over the years....also not true :D
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Boston always unofficial

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1373 on: September 5, 2022, 04:51:54 pm »

Offline jackh

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #1374 on: September 5, 2022, 04:54:09 pm »
Naa watched Scooby Doo growin up & were known for wierd food combos  ;)

Going to set myself the challenge of using that this week :D work lunches beware!

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #1375 on: September 5, 2022, 05:24:31 pm »
You can add Kate and Gerry McCann to that list. Or are they exempt from being classed as bad parents as they don’t live in a council house and are both medical professionals?

Fred and Rose West to thread
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1376 on: September 5, 2022, 05:30:47 pm »

I see. So your bad taste extends beyond movies.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #1377 on: September 5, 2022, 06:43:01 pm »
A Scottish breakfast can have any of the following on top of your basic (see Full English) ingredients.

Haggis vomit…(admittedly I’ve been put off by school haggis)
Proper Black Pudding Black pudding just isn’t that nice. It’s not horrible …just meh…
Tattie Scone Stodge. Just unpleasant at breakfast… oh and I don’t like them either 
Square Sausage tastes nice but is way too greasy for mornings
White Pudding ok, it looks like white dog shit, this disturbs me.  Generally the same as black pudding though
Clootie Dumpling Same reasons as Tattie Scone …. They’re ok

Think an Ulster Fry will have soda bread and potato farls. They do better link sausages over there as well.

Soda bread …. A bit of butter…

That’ll do
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1378 on: September 5, 2022, 10:30:17 pm »
Libraries are becoming unnecessary and superfluous ….their days are numbered.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1379 on: September 5, 2022, 10:31:36 pm »
Most people are actually ok.
W

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1380 on: September 5, 2022, 10:36:16 pm »
nah.  at least where I live they are doing a great job of adapting themselves -  developing constantly to offer a variety of items to borrow (eg DIY tools) plus new services (lots of digital equipment you can go and use eg 3D printers) and ebook lending is huge now.

each time I go to a local library there are always young kids in there.  great to see. and students using the space for studying.
« Last Edit: September 5, 2022, 10:37:57 pm by SamLad »

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1381 on: September 5, 2022, 10:36:54 pm »
The writing in the Game of Thrones books are unrelentingly dire.
W

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1382 on: September 5, 2022, 10:38:38 pm »
The writing in the Game of Thrones books are unrelentingly dire.
they are really hard work, especially when you start off with them.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1383 on: September 5, 2022, 11:00:53 pm »

The books are numbered...if the library uses Dewey Decimal...

Libraries remain a cornerstone of a civil society. Doing so much in public libraries for mental health, the poor, the disenfranchised...they've worked beyond their remit for years, and if they closed, you'd see a huge change in society. Academic libraries continue to be the busiest buildings on campus at most universities, and their relevance is not in question.

Yes, your opinion is unpopular with me. And don't me started on your thoughts about scran...
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #1384 on: September 5, 2022, 11:13:48 pm »

Just what you would expect from a science teacher. :D

Out small local library has book readings for children, board games for the elderly, copies of newspapers and free computer access.

A world without libraries would simply increase social exclusion.

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1385 on: September 5, 2022, 11:19:21 pm »
The books are numbered...if the library uses Dewey Decimal...

Libraries remain a cornerstone of a civil society. Doing so much in public libraries for mental health, the poor, the disenfranchised...they've worked beyond their remit for years, and if they closed, you'd see a huge change in society. Academic libraries continue to be the busiest buildings on campus at most universities, and their relevance is not in question.

Yes, your opinion is unpopular with me. And don't me started on your thoughts about scran...
;D
W

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1386 on: September 6, 2022, 08:03:13 am »

Standalone libraries, yes. But some local authorities are starting to incorporate them into new leisure centres or other offerings now, which I think has the potential to work really well and helps attract more people.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #1387 on: September 6, 2022, 08:14:13 am »
Some of the thread name changes on this forum are embarrassing.  I mean 'Arsenal, the shite cowards' is just childish, reactionary and antagonistic, all because they didn't get a result against one of our rivals.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #1388 on: September 6, 2022, 08:32:08 am »

You won`t be saying that when you are down here in the winter getting a free heat and asking for tins from the food donations box. You might even want to use our PCs to fill in job applications to keep the DWP off your back. If that`s not your thing you can log-in and read The Guardian via our handy app. You might even want to read a book, who knows?

Libraries are only dying because they don`t get enough funding. Sound familiar? It`s deliberate.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1389 on: September 6, 2022, 08:35:20 am »

You won`t be saying that when you are down here in the winter getting a free heat and asking for tins from the food donations box. You might even want to use our PCs to fill in job applications to keep the DWP off your back. If that`s not your thing you can log-in and read The Guardian via our handy app. You might even want to read a book, who knows?

Libraries are only dying because they don`t get enough funding. Sound familiar? It`s deliberate.

Liverpool’s first public library 1852;
https://historicengland.org.uk/services-skills/education/educational-images/former-library-duke-street-liverpool-8986

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1390 on: September 7, 2022, 02:36:08 am »

They are a important social space for people. Many people don't have access to computers, books, or good environment to study at home.

Kinda related (and I assume not really unpopular opinion). Read an article by David Byrne about how technology is slowly making us more isolated. How we choose convenience over social experiences and how so many tech companies exist to facilitate that isolation. I notice this a lot with my friends.

A lot of social experiences like movie theaters, dine-in restaurants and service people at supermarkets, banks are going to slowly disappear because people think they want convivence at expense of their own loneliness.

https://www.technologyreview.com/2017/08/15/149854/eliminating-the-human/

Offline AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #1391 on: September 7, 2022, 02:41:20 am »

Libraries can do all those, just with less books they will have space for more of that. Virtual libraries I can imagine as well for kindles etc. it’s inevitable they will change as less and less people read paper books.

Online Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1392 on: September 7, 2022, 08:15:55 am »
Aren't Libraries being touted as the provider of Warm Banks.
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1393 on: September 7, 2022, 08:43:04 am »
Some of the thread name changes on this forum are embarrassing.  I mean 'Arsenal, the shite cowards' is just childish, reactionary and antagonistic, all because they didn't get a result against one of our rivals.
Agree with this. If they're shite cowards then what are we? Put in a pathetic display against a team that got battered 6-0 by Brentford the week before.

Offline KillieRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1394 on: September 7, 2022, 08:45:31 am »
Libraries can do all those, just with less books they will have space for more of that. Virtual libraries I can imagine as well for kindles etc. it’s inevitable they will change as less and less people read paper books.

We do both. We have an app, or via our website, where you can download and read books, audio books, magazines and newspapers.

Paper books made something of a comeback during the pandemic & our virtual services went through the roof. We also did home deliveries for people, housebound & those unable to carry actual books. The thing about virtual services though, is that not everyone has the requisite devices to use them, especially the young and the elderly. Some people don`t want or know how to use a laptop or smart phone. It`s all going to be a question of getting the right balance. I`ve been based in a public library - one from the original Carnegie grant - for 25 years and i`ve seen the use of the actual building very much fluctuate according to the times. When things are bad people really do come here to come out of the cold in more ways than one. Other social services send them here! We even had our own resident bag lady who would come in with her shopping trolley of stuff and grab a comfy seat on which to sleep for the bulk of the day. I`m hoping things don`t get that bad that there are many more of them.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1395 on: September 7, 2022, 09:56:16 am »
We do both. We have an app, or via our website, where you can download and read books, audio books, magazines and newspapers.

Paper books made something of a comeback during the pandemic & our virtual services went through the roof. We also did home deliveries for people, housebound & those unable to carry actual books. The thing about virtual services though, is that not everyone has the requisite devices to use them, especially the young and the elderly. Some people don`t want or know how to use a laptop or smart phone. It`s all going to be a question of getting the right balance. I`ve been based in a public library - one from the original Carnegie grant - for 25 years and i`ve seen the use of the actual building very much fluctuate according to the times. When things are bad people really do come here to come out of the cold in more ways than one. Other social services send them here! We even had our own resident bag lady who would come in with her shopping trolley of stuff and grab a comfy seat on which to sleep for the bulk of the day. I`m hoping things don`t get that bad that there are many more of them.

I do a lot on line but still much prefer reading a paper book to an e book.

Coincidentally I started going to Toxteth library as a four year old with my dad in the days when the only access to information for working class people was the public library. Whilst not a Carnegie library it did inspire him to open a branch in West Derby.
https://carnegielibrariesofbritain.com/archetypal-buildings/toxteth-library/

And the one thing about free public libraries is that they keep ebook providers relatively honest. Without public libraries I would imagine ebooks would increase in price.

Offline KillieRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1396 on: September 7, 2022, 10:26:48 am »
Authors also still get money from the PLR (though unsurprisingly dark forces are trying to do away with this too). It’s about 8.5p per issue limited to £6,600 per item. I doubt James Patterson needs it, but a wee bonus for some.

https://www2.societyofauthors.org/where-we-stand/public-lending-right-plr/

Most book releases sell under 1000 copies & first print runs are generally limited to that, so the PLR is appreciated. We often get local authors coming through our doors wanting to donate their books.

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1397 on: September 8, 2022, 10:22:38 am »
Thank you. Just makes the forum look petty and puerile.

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #1398 on: September 8, 2022, 01:53:35 pm »

It can make things confusing too when you're trying to find a thread, & the thread name has been completely changed.

The current Everton thread name, when you take a first glance at the thread name, The People's Club (I was saying Boo-urns), you wouldn't know it's the Everton thread, if you didn't know the meaning behind the thread name. 
#Sausages

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1399 on: September 8, 2022, 01:58:48 pm »
for newcomers to RAWK, shifting the thread names is baffling.

not as baffling as posters being able to change their name though.  that's ridiculous imo.