Author Topic: Unpopular Opinions  (Read 131322 times)

Offline markedasred

• Knowing me, Knowing you... ahaaa!!! Resident Large Canine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No Murdoch in our house
Re: Unpopular Opinions
« Reply #1520 on: November 27, 2022, 03:01:50 pm »
autotune is today's version of lip-synching.
Lip synching is still the main form of entertainment in many a reality show though isn't it? I only watch the cookery ones, so I might be wrong.
"For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the team with the ball"

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1521 on: November 27, 2022, 05:09:31 pm »
Iron Maiden insisted on playing live on TOTP and they were quite a new band at the time

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/esH0yTfXfz4&amp;t=31s" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/esH0yTfXfz4&amp;t=31s</a>
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1522 on: November 27, 2022, 11:08:03 pm »
Any band in this day and age who do the forced handclap or crowd response thing live suck. Yes, especially Green Day. Let it happen organically or don't bother, if I want to go to a panto I'll go to one.

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1523 on: November 27, 2022, 11:35:58 pm »
Rosie Jones isn't funny.

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #1524 on: November 28, 2022, 01:16:29 am »
Tiktok should be removed from app stores.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #1525 on: November 28, 2022, 03:37:46 pm »
I'm a Celebrity is absolutely terrible drivel and Ant & Dec need to fuck off.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1526 on: November 28, 2022, 03:39:23 pm »
Rosie Jones isn't funny.

Tiktok should be removed from app stores.

All true.

How anyone finds Ant & Dick funny I'll never know
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1527 on: November 28, 2022, 03:40:20 pm »

All "reality TV" programs are absolutely terrible drivel and should be banned for the health of the nation.
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #1528 on: November 28, 2022, 03:58:14 pm »
I get why people hate Ant and Dec, it's the same kind of smugness that turns people off Lineker.  But they are absolute monsters at their job, unbelievably slick and bounce off each other so well.  I can respect how good they've got at their craft.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1529 on: November 28, 2022, 04:01:39 pm »
I get why people hate Ant and Dec, it's the same kind of smugness that turns people off Lineker.  But they are absolute monsters at their job, unbelievably slick and bounce off each other so well.  I can respect how good they've got at their craft.

When they ad lib, they are funny, but the scripted stuff is absolute shite, can be read a mile off and just not funny.

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1530 on: November 28, 2022, 04:03:19 pm »
But they are absolute monsters at their job, unbelievably slick and bounce off each other so well.

::)
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #1531 on: November 28, 2022, 04:04:46 pm »

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1532 on: November 28, 2022, 04:06:44 pm »
Presenting a TV show isn't a job?

Yea guess so.

I'm just in a very bad mood today and can't stand those two.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1533 on: November 28, 2022, 04:13:57 pm »
Damon Albarn has more talent in his little finger than the Gallagher brothers combined. Just look at what he’s done with Blur and Gorillaz, the man is a genius and deserves his flowers.

(This might not be such an unpopular opinion on here but it is when I’ve spoken to people about the same subject in Liverpool).

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1534 on: November 28, 2022, 04:17:51 pm »
Damon Albarn has more talent in his little finger than the Gallagher brothers combined. Just look at what he’s done with Blur and Gorillaz, the man is a genius and deserves his flowers.

(This might not be such an unpopular opinion on here but it is when I’ve spoken to people about the same subject in Liverpool).

This is completely true, although I'm far from convinced about The Good, The Bad and The Queen, they're just a slightly more upbeat Chaz and Dave

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #1535 on: November 28, 2022, 04:31:04 pm »
Rosie Jones isn't funny.

Can't argue with that (but you're not supposed to say it, dude!)

A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #1536 on: November 28, 2022, 04:53:58 pm »
Blur & Oasis are way overrated imo, i much more prefer Manic Street Preachers, JDB has more talent than all of them, & very underrated guitarist too.
#Sausages

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #1537 on: November 28, 2022, 05:05:23 pm »
Blur & Oasis are way overrated imo, i much more prefer Manic Street Preachers, JDB has more talent than all of them, & very underrated guitarist too.

I find Albarn an absolute bellend, and similarly don't think that much of Blur's music. But he is talented - as his stuff with Gorillaz proves.

The Gallagher pricks, on the other hand, stumbled on a rich seam of 'right place, right time' and milked it for all its worth. The elder prick had enough material for two albums that seemed great but were very 'of that time' and haven't aged at all well. Everything after that was derivative dung.

A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1538 on: November 28, 2022, 05:36:02 pm »
Blur, Oasis and The Manic Street Preachers were overrated. Much preferred Ocean Colour Scene.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1539 on: November 28, 2022, 05:37:19 pm »
Blur, Oasis and The Manic Street Preachers were overrated. Much preferred Ocean Colour Scene.

All four are overrated

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1540 on: November 28, 2022, 05:40:09 pm »

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1541 on: November 28, 2022, 05:53:02 pm »

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1542 on: November 28, 2022, 05:54:30 pm »

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1543 on: November 28, 2022, 05:56:35 pm »

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1544 on: November 28, 2022, 05:59:20 pm »
Pulp are by far and away the best Britpop band.

Online Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1545 on: November 28, 2022, 06:01:07 pm »

Always found Jarvis Cocker dreadfully annoying  :-X

Online afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #1546 on: November 28, 2022, 06:03:24 pm »

I find Albarn an absolute bellend, and similarly don't think that much of Blur's music. But he is talented - as his stuff with Gorillaz proves.

The Gallagher pricks, on the other hand, stumbled on a rich seam of 'right place, right time' and milked it for all its worth. The elder prick had enough material for two albums that seemed great but were very 'of that time' and haven't aged at all well. Everything after that was derivative dung.

Isn't all dung sort of, you know, derivative?
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #1547 on: November 28, 2022, 06:03:46 pm »

Is this your opinion or an unpopular one?!

I like Pulp, and most of the other bands listed above (agree on the Albarn v Gallagher’s shout). Don’t think Hazell or SDDL will be inviting me and my record collection round anytime soon.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #1548 on: November 28, 2022, 06:04:15 pm »
Always found Jarvis Cocker dreadfully annoying  :-X

You Michael Jackson obsessive dare all the same. :wanker

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1549 on: November 28, 2022, 06:05:38 pm »

I like Pulp, and most of the other bands listed above (agree on the Albarn v Gallagher’s shout). Don’t think Hazell or SDDL will be inviting me and my record collection round anytime soon.

Mine, and probably (hopefully!) not unpopular, on here anyway.

Agree on Albarn vs Gallaghers.

Online Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1550 on: November 28, 2022, 06:11:11 pm »

I don't mind Albarn really, don't listen to him much but makes some interesting stuff and I can appreciate his talent. Agree with everyone about Oasis, a few good songs early on but they've been dining out on that since.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #1551 on: November 28, 2022, 09:08:09 pm »
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #1552 on: November 28, 2022, 09:09:10 pm »
Elastica for me…

Although the drummer from Pulp used to live next door to my sister and fixed her car for her a couple of times.

Which was nice.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
« Reply #1553 on: November 29, 2022, 09:32:56 am »
i don't want to send any more christmas cards

rather just whatsapp them with a funny image

now this is not down to saving the trees as using a mobile battery, a mobile network and all the technology that goes with that is far far worse for the planet - it's because i've go to buy the cards, write them out, put a stamp on them and then post them ad infinitum

that's a lot of hard work for a transient yuletide gesture bah humbug  ::)
Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #1554 on: November 29, 2022, 09:38:38 am »
The best 'Britpop' band, if you're going to use that term to define 90s British guitar music, was and remains Suede.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #1555 on: November 29, 2022, 09:38:40 am »
I never send Christmas cards. We still get some from random punters we were once in touch with and never see. What’s the point?

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #1556 on: November 29, 2022, 09:40:20 am »
The best 'Britpop' band, if you're going to use that term to define 90s British guitar music, was and remains Suede.

This man talks a lot of sense.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #1557 on: November 29, 2022, 09:41:41 am »
This man talks a lot of sense.

It’s actually Super Furry Animals.

Thank you.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1558 on: November 29, 2022, 10:26:56 am »
i don't want to send any more christmas cards

rather just whatsapp them with a funny image

now this is not down to saving the trees as using a mobile battery, a mobile network and all the technology that goes with that is far far worse for the planet - it's because i've go to buy the cards, write them out, put a stamp on them and then post them ad infinitum

that's a lot of hard work for a transient yuletide gesture bah humbug  ::)

No point sending them this year anyway, they'll never arrive. Strike dates for December:-

Friday, December 9
Sunday, December 11
Wednesday, December 14
Thursday, December 15
Friday, December 23
Saturday, December 24

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1559 on: November 29, 2022, 10:40:21 am »
Suede? And someone upthread was talking about another band dining out for life on two now dated sounding albums? Ultimately, Albarn has produced the more interesting stuff, but he needs to work with good collaborators, which is why his solo albums are so dull and why Blur became less interesting when Graeme started concentrating more on his solo work.

Definitely Maybe is still a thrilling album, Morning Glory could have been even better if Oasis had subbed in their better B-sides, but arguing the toss on this is like replaying a civil war. Damon and Noel came from different places (geographically and thematically) and were both a big part of a hugely exciting time in music and the wider culture. That can be enough.