Author Topic: The BBC  (Read 129949 times)

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
Re: The BBC
« Reply #640 on: January 17, 2022, 05:26:25 pm »
Is "soft power" just another way of saying propaganda?

If another country set up a TV channel in the UK to tell people how great of a country it is, and to push a certain world view, I like to think it would rightfully be viewed with suspicion.

1. No. It's different.

2. The BBC doesn't do this, though. You probably think it does because you don't know the difference between 'soft power' and 'propaganda'.

What data shows the BBC isn't biased then?

I didn't say that the data shows the BBC isn't biased. I said that if you wanted to know whether the BBC was biassed you'd have to consider a hell of a lot of data. I can't give you a comprehensive list of that data. But here are some examples. Its news bulletins, its current affairs magazines, its documentaries, its dramas, its website, its comedy. Stuff like this.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #641 on: January 17, 2022, 05:36:10 pm »
They are not even interested in the rules are they? This from the Guardian

Nadine Dorries's statement to MPs on BBC licence fee

Sir Lindsay Hoyle, the Speaker, starts by rebuking Nadine Dorries for tweeting about this announcement yesterday, and for the fact that it was briefed to the papers. If it was a leak, and Dorries was only responding on Twitter because she felt she had too, there should be a leak inquiry, he says.

Dorries starts by apologising. She says she refused media bids yesterday and for today.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline ShakaHislop

• Shocktrooper of the Vinny Cable Nasties
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #642 on: January 17, 2022, 05:39:05 pm »
1. No. It's different.

2. The BBC doesn't do this, though. You probably think it does because you don't know the difference between 'soft power' and 'propaganda'.

I didn't say that the data shows the BBC isn't biased. I said that if you wanted to know whether the BBC was biassed you'd have to consider a hell of a lot of data. I can't give you a comprehensive list of that data. But here are some examples. Its news bulletins, its current affairs magazines, its documentaries, its dramas, its website, its comedy. Stuff like this.

So we just accept your assertion that the BBC isn't biased even though you can't be arsed to provide evidence to back it up. Other people's perceptions that the BBC is biased is wrong but Yorkykopite's perception that it isn't is correct. Alright then.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2022, 05:41:54 pm by ShakaHislop »

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #643 on: January 17, 2022, 05:52:26 pm »
So we just accept your assertion that the BBC isn't biased even though you can't be arsed to provide evidence to back it up. Other people's perceptions that the BBC is biased is wrong but Yorkykopite's perception that it isn't is correct. Alright then.

I do happen to think the BBC isn't biased in any harmful or systematic way. But, once again (since you're hard of hearing), I didn't make that claim to you. I said that to discover whether the organisation was biased or not you would have to sift through an enormous amount of data. I said it wasn't as simple as your analogy suggested (the one about biscuits or sandwiches).

"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline stevensr123

• bedwetter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #644 on: January 18, 2022, 04:42:36 am »
You only have to see the state of tv news in other countries to realise how good it is to have the likes of channel 4 and the BBC. Murdoch and other media conglomerates have done so much damage to the US and Australia the past 10 years in excusing shit government (left or right) - careful what you wish for.
PUSSY cat, PUSSY cat, I love you,  yes I do.......

Offline shy_talk

• Main Stander
  • Shy talkin so misunderstood... really no good
« Reply #645 on: January 18, 2022, 06:27:34 am »
There is an institution here that I'd happily see the back of, has anyone had a refund for Harry stepping back from duties as he now doesn't get crown police farce protection? Hasn't his uncle Andrew been stepped back and so is costing less? any rebates? There's a load of waffle spouted about tourism, and how much the crown generates apparently, and how far embroiled in this was he? (BAE arms deal to the Saudis)
If there's the need for an extra few quid, up the cost (inc back catalogue) for rights overseas that aren't lacking a few bob. Oh and bin Eastenders off at the double.

Online Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #646 on: January 18, 2022, 10:21:11 am »
One thing I wish the BBC would bin off is when these self-satisfied political correspondents sit around a table, all wearing a set of headphones for some reason, and just chat shit. It's like they think they are entertainers and everything they utter is infinitely amusisng, and the audience are being treated to an insight into the minds of their heroes. Jesus it's so cringeworthy I can't hit the off button fast enough, its almost the same effect as when the theme music to Eastenders is about to come on.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #647 on: January 18, 2022, 12:05:03 pm »
One thing I wish the BBC would bin off is when these self-satisfied political correspondents sit around a table, all wearing a set of headphones for some reason, and just chat shit. It's like they think they are entertainers and everything they utter is infinitely amusisng, and the audience are being treated to an insight into the minds of their heroes. Jesus it's so cringeworthy I can't hit the off button fast enough, its almost the same effect as when the theme music to Eastenders is about to come on.

If there's one theme tune that has me scrabbling for the remote whilst suppressing a gag reflex, it's this:

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/rvDJwWtSvsM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/rvDJwWtSvsM</a>

A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Online Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #648 on: January 18, 2022, 01:46:33 pm »

If there's one theme tune that has me scrabbling for the remote whilst suppressing a gag reflex, it's this:

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/rvDJwWtSvsM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/rvDJwWtSvsM</a>

It's not that I hate the tune, though I do, it's that I don't want the neighbours to think I watch it.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #649 on: January 18, 2022, 03:05:12 pm »

Yep, Brexit cast and newscast is utterly dire. Having Laura Kuensberg and Adam Fleming and that other journalist with the glasses joke around is terrible.

Online west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #650 on: January 18, 2022, 08:46:51 pm »
Has it actually occurred to the Tories that if they stopped doing dodgy and illegal things the BBC wouldn’t cover them? Rather then trying to fix the symptoms maybe look at the causes? Radical thinking I know, but maybe it’s something they could consider.

What do we think guys?
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Online Dr. Beaker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #651 on: January 18, 2022, 09:47:04 pm »
Has it actually occurred to the Tories that if they stopped doing dodgy and illegal things the BBC wouldn’t cover them? Rather then trying to fix the symptoms maybe look at the causes? Radical thinking I know, but maybe it’s something they could consider.

What do we think guys?
I don't answer hypotheticals.
NAKED BOOBERY

Online west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #652 on: January 19, 2022, 10:12:14 am »
I don't answer hypotheticals, I’m waiting for Sue Greys independent report.

Fixed it for you.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #653 on: January 19, 2022, 06:28:11 pm »

What do we think guys?

Imagine the coverage if the executive board wasn’t packed with Tory stooges.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #654 on: January 19, 2022, 07:11:29 pm »
The rest of the world looks upon our BBC with envy: Quality is it's watchword;

Also if you want to make Murdoch happy get rid of it: Which frankly would be a total stupid thing to do.

A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #655 on: January 19, 2022, 07:29:28 pm »
The rest of the world looks upon our BBC with envy: Quality is it's watchword;

Also if you want to make Murdoch happy get rid of it: Which frankly would be a total stupid thing to do.

But hipsters don't watch the BBC they get their info from reputable sources like Face Book influencers. ;D

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #656 on: January 22, 2022, 06:36:59 pm »
Question Time will be in London on Feb 3rd and we're seeking those who have declined the Covid vaccine to share their views.

You can apply to be in the audience here:

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #657 on: February 5, 2022, 06:48:51 pm »
Hi all,

I've not posted to RAWK since September. I hope you are keeping well.

First of all, let me preface this with: despite its many faults, it would be a tragedy for the BB to be sold off. There is just so much good which would be lost. I feel a proper defense of the institution probably should include a patriotic vibe to better encourage those who are overly influenced by such tone into supporting and protecting the BBC from this assault. Indeed, there is much of which we should be proud about the Corporation. I appreciate that anything 'patriotic' could put off a few puritanical-types on the left, but I think this approach would have net positive upon the narrative.

I agree with the comments about the BBC News being used endlessly advertise its other offerings - it cheapens the news service. I don't mind a brief introduction to the next program, but leave it at that.

Anyway, this is not why I am here. I just came across a pretty dire example of BBC journalism and 'fact checking'. I don't suppose for a moment that it is the result of anything nefarious. Rather, just monumental ineptitude.

https://www.bbc.com/news/60145237

And once you have read that, watch this - many of you here already know of Dr John Campbell's YT channel:

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/bza1gAc8sOA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/bza1gAc8sOA</a>
« Last Edit: February 5, 2022, 07:06:04 pm by Jiminy Cricket »
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #658 on: February 10, 2022, 10:42:48 pm »
Owen Moran, lead singer and song writer for legendary Liverpool band Cook Da Books died this week after a short illness.

RIP Owen.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/iTY1aFB71KY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/iTY1aFB71KY</a>
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #659 on: February 22, 2022, 06:08:13 pm »
Procol Harum singer Gary Brooker dies at 76

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-60485697
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline elbow

• grease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boss Tha
« Reply #660 on: February 22, 2022, 08:11:59 pm »
Mark Lanegan has passed away. Gutted, one of my absolute favourite singers.
We are Liverpool!

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #661 on: February 22, 2022, 09:58:43 pm »
RIP

Just read about his horrific experience with COVID too

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #662 on: February 22, 2022, 10:48:46 pm »

No fucking way  :(

Rest in peace. Real shame that.

Was just thinking recently about the likes of Chris Cornell and Scott Weiland passing in recent years. Tremendous voices, now Lanegan. Not old men by any means. Cobain and Staley were so young.

Hope the likes of Jerry Cantrell, Eddie Vedder and co never leave us
« Last Edit: February 22, 2022, 11:03:25 pm by disgraced cake »
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #663 on: February 22, 2022, 10:51:40 pm »
Procol Harum singer Gary Brooker dies at 76

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-60485697

Still remember first hearing Whiter Shade of Pale in WH Smith on Allerton Road in 1967.

Believe it or not they actually had the singles out on unsupervised open display! ;D

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #664 on: February 23, 2022, 01:11:47 am »
I remember seeing Screaming Trees on the late late show on BBC2 early 90's and I was so 'Nah' with them, particularly the singer in this big cliched coat. Long hair. Big drawl on him. I dunno, it was 1994 maybe, and there was already a uniform gathering: sub pop cap? - tick, Checked jacket? - tick. etc. So, in short, his life passed me by a little. I knew who he was and if I ever chatted to someone who knew of his stuff I had ears... like Nick Cave in a way (for me) - but have listened to a great Isobel Campbell + Lanegan live gig and it was so good. Genuinely missed out.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/dOsmG-sufNc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/dOsmG-sufNc</a>

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #665 on: February 23, 2022, 01:14:22 am »
Absolutely gutted here, his solo work is incredible, not to mention his (too many to mention) collaborations, saw him 4 times in Belfast, and loved that he came out at the end and sat down and signed memorabilia/merchandise etc, I got a photo with him, I'm genuinely in mourning, I'm going to get drunk here and listen to Blues Funeral, RIP comrade.

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #666 on: February 23, 2022, 02:22:02 am »
Must be the least surprising rock death in ages, but he had one of the most distinctive voices in rock history, he's put out some really good stuff over the years and his autobiography is a great read. He did go through that awful stint with covid-19 last year, and I thought at the time it was amazing he managed to get the book about it out so quickly. Seems like an even bigger achievement now. I remember seeing him play with QOSTA on the tour above by the way, that band absolutely cooked.

Online duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #667 on: February 23, 2022, 10:24:42 am »
Just seen the Mark Lanegan news, very sad. Absolutely loved that Screaming Trees album (Dust) back in the day
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #668 on: February 23, 2022, 11:27:14 am »
RIP Mark Lanegan..an eventful life to say the least....'Sing Backwards And Weep' is the best/most astonishing rock memoir I've ever read....
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #669 on: February 28, 2022, 12:23:03 pm »
Skibadee: Influential drum and bass MC dies at 47

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-60554108
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline Boston always unofficial

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #670 on: February 28, 2022, 08:19:03 pm »

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • June 20, 2009. Still no justice for Neda
« Reply #671 on: March 1, 2022, 02:54:34 am »
Like Freddie King?

Check this out.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/PMuePyV1nr8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/PMuePyV1nr8</a>
Kill the humourless

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #672 on: March 13, 2022, 12:35:01 am »
Gave us the base for one our legendary club songs.

Legendary singer-songwriter Pete St John dies aged 90.

President Michael D Higgins has led tributes to the artist, best known for writing songs including The Fields of Athenry and The Rare Ould Times.

The traditional music legend died peacefully at Beaumont Hospital in Dublin earlier today.

Mr Higgins said Dublin-born St John had a rare gift and his passing will be met with sadness nationwide.

He said the singer was a friend of his and his wife Sabina.

“It is hard to imagine a world where songs like The Rare Ould Times did not exist and in his work Pete has left us with songs that not only defined his own career, but those of many other musicians and indeed all of us as a people,” Mr Higgins added.

“People throughout Ireland and beyond will have been saddened to hear today of the death of Pete St John.

“Pete had the rare gift of being able to write songs that while new and original creations, immediately assumed a timeless quality and central place in all our lives.

The singer was born Peter Mooney in Dublin in 1932. He spent many years in the US before returning home in the 1970s.

His songs were renowned for exploring how Ireland had changed over the years.

His work was recorded by many artists including The Dubliners, Paddy Reilly, and Mary Black.

https://www.independent.ie/entertainment/music/legendary-singer-songwriter-pete-st-john-dies-aged-90-president-michael-d-higgins-leads-tributes-41439636.html
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #673 on: April 2, 2022, 06:48:18 pm »
Country singer CW McCall has passed away aged 93.

If, like me, you are a child of the 70's and the CB generation you will remember his massive novelty hit song "Convoy" and the film of the same name that it inspired. Truckers Rubber Duck, Spider Mike and Pig-Peg being pursued by those pesky Smokey's.

I actually never knew the movie was directed by none other than Sam Peckinpah until about 5 minutes ago!!

As novelty songs go I loved Convoy.

RIP

I imagine his funeral will be like....

Offline Boston always unofficial

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #674 on: April 11, 2022, 03:12:02 pm »
Chris Bailey of The Saints.Punk before Punk.
https://www.nme.com/news/music/chris-bailey-singer-of-australian-rock-band-the-saints-has-died-aged-65-3202029.
 I'm Stranded.Classic song,great album.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #675 on: April 30, 2022, 11:16:28 pm »
I don't know her, but apparently Naomi Judd died today of "mental illness", which seems a crying shame.

apparently she was quite famous in country music circles. Such a shame that someone at 76 would succumb to their demons. :(
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #676 on: May 1, 2022, 05:08:14 am »
I don't know her, but apparently Naomi Judd died today of "mental illness", which seems a crying shame.

apparently she was quite famous in country music circles. Such a shame that someone at 76 would succumb to their demons. :(

Mother of actress Ashley Judd.

She performed with her other daughter Wynonna as The Judds who were to be inducted into the Country Music Hall of Fame this Sunday and they had just announced an arena tour to begin in September, their first tour together in more than a decade.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #677 on: May 1, 2022, 10:02:56 am »
Mother of actress Ashley Judd.

She performed with her other daughter Wynonna as The Judds who were to be inducted into the Country Music Hall of Fame this Sunday and they had just announced an arena tour to begin in September, their first tour together in more than a decade.

That's such a terrible shame. Just goes to show how success doesn't always help a person's emotional state. RIP :(
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline shy_talk

• Main Stander
  • Shy talkin so misunderstood... really no good
« Reply #678 on: May 8, 2022, 05:32:50 pm »
Sorry it's the Metro https://metro.co.uk/2022/05/08/baftas-2022-russell-t-davies-slams-privatisation-of-channel-4-16606819/ if you can find a more friendly clip of his suggesting voting for someone else that'd be great.
Protecting channel 4 it seems is probably the best way to defend the bbc.

I hope 'it's a sin' lands something at the tv baftas shortly and someone in the legions of deserving gives dorries and her cretinous ilk the shoeing they're so sorely begging for.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #679 on: May 17, 2022, 09:15:06 am »
Didn't realise that Dan Walker was leaving to go to Channel 5.