Author Topic: Club World Cup  (Read 112645 times)

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Club World Cup
« Reply #720 on: December 30, 2019, 10:15:37 pm »
It was a great trip can imagine if we won number 7 there will be a load more going next year , the amount of mates who said I was wishing I had gone when it was on the telly .

Offline rhylred

• Here, There and Everywhere Bar Hull City.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #721 on: January 6, 2020, 10:17:53 am »
Just seen this absolutely  fantastic trip,highlights were the brunch at the Radisson Blu,32 of us & they helped us  put the flags up as well...the souq was brilliant like a scene from Indiana Jones...
The fanzone on the Friday night, 2 ubers couldn't find the place so 5 of us absolutely smashed after the brunch walking across doha golf course with only the security lights to help us....
Also the roof top bar at the Marriott amazing....
But the best of all was winning that trophy,14 years after seeing us robbed in the final in japan revenge was very very sweet.....loads of reds in tears at the end....it meant that much....

Offline rhylred

• Here, There and Everywhere Bar Hull City.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #722 on: January 6, 2020, 10:20:46 am »
Here’s a couple from the brunch

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #723 on: January 6, 2020, 10:43:57 am »
It was a great trip can imagine if we won number 7 there will be a load more going next year , the amount of mates who said I was wishing I had gone when it was on the telly .

Is it definitely even happening again this Dec? I thought this was the last one in the current format and they'd try restructure it (i.e. milk it for maximum ££££)
YNWA.

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #724 on: January 6, 2020, 05:37:31 pm »
Is it definitely even happening again this Dec? I thought this was the last one in the current format and they'd try restructure it (i.e. milk it for maximum ££££)

Yes. This next one is Doha again. So whoever wins in Istanbul gets to go again.

Offline rodderzzz

• Plonkah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • That's Bullshit Miss!
« Reply #725 on: January 8, 2020, 01:51:48 am »

The World Club Cup is restructuring to a 24 team summer tournament from 2021, it'll be played in China across June/July and Liverpool are already in it by virtue of winning the European Cup in 2019.

Online Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #726 on: January 8, 2020, 08:15:23 am »
No break for those teams then ::)
We are a team of one half.

Offline rodderzzz

• Plonkah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • That's Bullshit Miss!
« Reply #727 on: January 10, 2020, 07:02:29 pm »
No break for those teams then ::)

Its replacing the confederations cup so i guess some of them would have been playing anyway

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #728 on: January 15, 2020, 10:00:21 am »
The World Club Cup is restructuring to a 24 team summer tournament from 2021, it'll be played in China across June/July and Liverpool are already in it by virtue of winning the European Cup in 2019.

Another location with current human rights issues...  :butt

I guess if it's used as pre-season I'd prefer a summer tournament than more games in December.
YNWA.

Offline kratos

• Kopite
« Reply #729 on: January 15, 2020, 02:26:00 pm »
Another location with current human rights issues...  :butt

I guess if it's used as pre-season I'd prefer a summer tournament than more games in December.

I think its actually taking place in the summer.  Though apparently only a few days after African Cup of Nations so potentially no rest for the likes of Salah, Mane, Keita etc. 

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA, Chester via Newtownards
« Reply #730 on: January 15, 2020, 02:29:42 pm »
I think its actually taking place in the summer.  Though apparently only a few days after African Cup of Nations so potentially no rest for the likes of Salah, Mane, Keita etc.
AFCON getting moved to next January if today’s rumours are true

Offline kratos

• Kopite
« Reply #731 on: January 15, 2020, 04:19:51 pm »
AFCON getting moved to next January if today’s rumours are true

Yep,  Just seen on @JohnBennettBBC that 2021 AFCON will take place during Jan and Feb which means could lose Mane Salah for 6 PL games.  What a pain. 

Offline gravy red

• Kopite
« Reply #732 on: March 9, 2020, 09:32:48 am »

This has taken a while to post, as I was away for 6 weeks after the final and then getting things sorted upon my return.

My self and the misses were one of the last to leave the stadium and as we were, the stewards were taking a banner down (as no one was about to take it). We asked what they planned on doing with it and they just said it would be 'disposed of' so I said I knew whos it was ( I wanted to try to get it back to it's owner).

So' if any one knows of someone who lost a banner Pm me and describe it and i will return it to it's owner. It is easy to identify as it is a Bespoke design!

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #733 on: March 9, 2020, 10:33:49 am »
We should be grateful that this was played over the winter period before the virus all kicked off as this would’ve been cancelled for sure!!

Offline rodderzzz

• Plonkah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • That's Bullshit Miss!
« Reply #734 on: March 10, 2020, 01:59:47 am »
We should be grateful that this was played over the winter period before the virus all kicked off as this would’ve been cancelled for sure!!

Hoping flights to next years summer tournament in China will be dead cheap now!

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #735 on: May 15, 2020, 08:50:46 pm »
Think if the champions league doesn’t get finished we will be asked to defend our crown in December 😀😁

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #736 on: May 15, 2020, 09:11:27 pm »
Think if the champions league doesn’t get finished we will be asked to defend our crown in December 😀😁

Isn't the December club world cup cancelled, as an expended tournament is supposed to be scheduled for June next year?
#Sausages

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #737 on: May 15, 2020, 09:11:40 pm »
They're doing both

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #738 on: May 15, 2020, 10:06:51 pm »
I’m made up we won this.
There were a few that were fuming we prioritized this over the league cup :D

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #739 on: May 16, 2020, 02:40:07 pm »
I’m made up we won this.

Was a very surreal feeling, having won the final with a father and mother, a young baby and the grandmother in front of us. They all seemed made up for us we'd won it too. Can't believe it was 5 months ago, loved my time in Qatar.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #740 on: May 16, 2020, 11:25:43 pm »
I’m made up we won this.

What prize money did we get for winning this, wasn't it £4 million for just turning up, we would have only got £50k for reaching the league cup final, & another £50k for winning it. :o
#Sausages

Online DougLFC94

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #741 on: May 17, 2020, 01:14:04 am »
What prize money did we get for winning this, wasn't it £4 million for just turning up, we would have only got £50k for reaching the league cup final, & another £50k for winning it. :o
I think we took £4 million for winning it. Also took 4 million for winning the Super cup.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #742 on: May 17, 2020, 01:34:02 am »
I think we took £4 million for winning it. Also took 4 million for winning the Super cup.
plus it was the one trophy out there we hadn’t won so far more important to the club, think it was $5m so that’s around right, was more in 2000 though, then it was $6m so that’s more like $9m in today’s money

https://www.fifa.com/clubworldcup/news/million-dollars-prize-money-offer-71817

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #743 on: May 17, 2020, 06:03:18 am »
plus it was the one trophy out there we hadn’t won so far more important to the club, think it was $5m so that’s around right, was more in 2000 though, then it was $6m so that’s more like $9m in today’s money

https://www.fifa.com/clubworldcup/news/million-dollars-prize-money-offer-71817

Yep, plus the opportunity to call ourselves world champions too :champ, very few clubs get the chance too, annoyingly Man Utd are the only other UK team to win this comp.
#Sausages

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #744 on: May 17, 2020, 09:27:27 am »
Made up I went to this one. Feels like one of them rare competitions and events to talk about in 40 years.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #745 on: May 17, 2020, 03:53:57 pm »
Yep, plus the opportunity to call ourselves world champions too :champ, very few clubs get the chance too, annoyingly Man Utd are the only other UK team to win this comp.
in terms of the fifa one yeah, chelsea lost to Corinthians I think when rafa was there, and it being Flamengo gave it a bit of extra spice

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #746 on: May 18, 2020, 05:49:21 am »
in terms of the fifa one yeah, chelsea lost to Corinthians I think when rafa was there, and it being Flamengo gave it a bit of extra spice

The 81 edition was our first appearance, we declined to participate in 77 & 78 both years would have been against Boca Juniors, & they were still played over 2 legs too 
#Sausages

Offline kavah

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #747 on: May 18, 2020, 06:34:26 am »
29 past World Champions, it feels good to be on the list. 

Could be a decent quiz question; What cities have more than one club that have won it? (I make it 6)

Vasco da Gama, Peñarol, Santos, Racing,
Feyenoord, Nacional, Ajax, Independiente, Atlético Madrid,
Boca Juniors, Olimpia, Flamengo, Grêmio, Juventus, River Plate, Porto,
Red Star Belgrade, Vélez Sársfield, Borussia Dortmund, Barcelona
Corinthians, Liverpool, São Paulo, Internacional, Milan, Manchester United
Internazionale, Bayern Munich, Real Madrid.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intercontinental_Cup_(football)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FIFA_Club_World_Cup

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #748 on: May 18, 2020, 11:12:30 am »
Buenos Aires, rio, São Paulo, milan, Madrid (Atletico have never been european champions but have been world champions due to bayern CBA), porto alegre

Offline kavah

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #749 on: May 18, 2020, 01:21:25 pm »
^ Yes, Porto Alegre is the hard one I guess, great football city.

EDIT - Whoops, sorry 7 Montevideo, Peñarol and Nacional have each won it 3 times  :champ
« Last Edit: May 18, 2020, 01:27:50 pm by kavah »

Offline rodderzzz

• Plonkah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • That's Bullshit Miss!
« Reply #750 on: May 19, 2020, 12:25:26 am »
was planning to go to China next year for the expanded tournament but guess itll be kicked to the curb now

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #751 on: May 19, 2020, 01:16:30 am »
^ Yes, Porto Alegre is the hard one I guess, great football city.

EDIT - Whoops, sorry 7 Montevideo, Peñarol and Nacional have each won it 3 times  :champ
didnt see nacional, bugger

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #752 on: December 19, 2023, 02:47:09 pm »
Well, this thread has been dead for more than 3 years but now FIFA (with their new Saudi partners) have a revitalised tournament in 2025, designed to globalise football (pander to Saudi and allies) and steal thunder from others (Premier League and UEFA)

The new 2025 tournament is no longer a pop over to Jeddah for the weekend (Fluminense are already waiting for City to join them in 2023 final) but a whole summer month in the USA.

32 teams with up to 7 games for those who reach the final and a minimum of 3 for all.

Details were confirmed (in Jeddah) of the approach suggested in March

England will be represented by City and Chelsea (as winners of the CL), Al Hilal are already there and there could be 2 more Saudi State owned Clubs as long as they perform on the pitch with their multi million pound rosters (no guarantee of course, Al Hilal got knocked out this week by Al Ahly, Egypt)

Part of the death of football at the hands of Infantino
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Online ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #753 on: December 19, 2023, 11:12:57 pm »
Well, this thread has been dead for more than 3 years but now FIFA (with their new Saudi partners) have a revitalised tournament in 2025, designed to globalise football (pander to Saudi and allies) and steal thunder from others (Premier League and UEFA)

The new 2025 tournament is no longer a pop over to Jeddah for the weekend (Fluminense are already waiting for City to join them in 2023 final) but a whole summer month in the USA.

32 teams with up to 7 games for those who reach the final and a minimum of 3 for all.

Details were confirmed (in Jeddah) of the approach suggested in March

England will be represented by City and Chelsea (as winners of the CL), Al Hilal are already there and there could be 2 more Saudi State owned Clubs as long as they perform on the pitch with their multi million pound rosters (no guarantee of course, Al Hilal got knocked out this week by Al Ahly, Egypt)

Part of the death of football at the hands of Infantino
Summed up perfectly for me.
Quote from: Harvest Fields
i watched the chelsea game at my sisters. her 12 year old son is severly autistic and i forgot myself and jumped up screaming at the goal and he went nuts. screaming and shouting. scared the fuck out of me. apologised to my sister as i thought id upset him, turns out he was joining in.