Author Topic: UEFA League of Nations  (Read 76952 times)

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
Re: UEFA League of Nations
« Reply #1800 on: September 26, 2022, 09:44:11 pm »
So we gave him off our training so he can train with England instead. Is their training better than ours?

I'm not suggesting it was anything but a shit idea, just why Southgate might have done it.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1801 on: September 26, 2022, 09:44:28 pm »
Lots of attacking talent but the defence is the obvious issue for England.

Maybe he should give Tomori, our best CB a go?

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1802 on: September 26, 2022, 09:45:49 pm »
I'd have Nat Phillips over Maguire these days.

Offline KevLFC

• Doesn't know the offside laws
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1803 on: September 26, 2022, 09:45:57 pm »
They went 2-0 down despite having every man behind the ball. Once he let them attack they looked far better. He should go for the Rodgers 13/14 approach and let the attack flourish. Score more goals than the opposition and win.

Yes better on the eye, either way this England team would struggle to get past the quarters based on last 6-12 months.

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1804 on: September 26, 2022, 09:48:55 pm »
Unfortunately Saka has to start at the World Cup, I was hoping he’d get the month off.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #1805 on: September 26, 2022, 09:49:31 pm »
Maybe he should give Tomori, our best CB a go?

Is he though? Don’t have an opinion on him either way as haven’t seen him play in Italy but is he one of those who gets better the more he doesn’t feature for England or is he genuinely our best (slim pickings I know).

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1806 on: September 26, 2022, 09:50:48 pm »
Errmmmm errrrmmmm errrmmmm great interview Harry

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #1807 on: September 26, 2022, 09:50:51 pm »
Germany have been shite ever since they won the World Cup. It was like it was job done at that point. Easy to blame Low for staying too long but they don't seem any better now.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #1808 on: September 26, 2022, 09:51:20 pm »
Unfortunately Saka has to start at the World Cup, I was hoping he’d get the month off.

He might still get a couple of weeks.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #1809 on: September 26, 2022, 09:51:57 pm »
They went 2-0 down despite having every man behind the ball. Once he let them attack they looked far better. He should go for the Rodgers 13/14 approach and let the attack flourish. Score more goals than the opposition and win.

They perform when they're forced to attack teams. Like the Germany Euros game. The first hour was an absolute dog of a game but they made some attacking changes and went onto win it.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Cafe De Paris

• Kopite
  • Up the Red Men
« Reply #1810 on: September 26, 2022, 09:52:12 pm »
Kazakhstan home and away next season…… that would be lovely. Welcome to the big time England.
LFC a bastion of invincibility.

Offline Dougle

• and the bleu cat!
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1811 on: September 26, 2022, 09:56:42 pm »
Well plan A, defend deep, cede possession and hit on the break .... hasn't worked. So Plan B ..... er ...

Ok. Saka,

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #1812 on: September 26, 2022, 09:56:46 pm »
I'd have Nat Phillips over Maguire these days.
I'd take Arlene Phillips. Much quicker on her feet and far less likely to fall over.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline mobydick

• Comes in any flavour
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thatcherite refugee
« Reply #1813 on: September 26, 2022, 09:58:20 pm »
He might still get a couple of weeks.

;D

Hope so

Offline Dougle

• and the bleu cat!
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1814 on: September 26, 2022, 10:02:45 pm »
Bellingham looks very very good

Yeah, had a quiet but effective game throughout but then really stepped it up offensively.

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1815 on: September 26, 2022, 10:06:55 pm »
Ok. Saka,

Foden without De Bruyne holding his hand looks like a kid who can do Keepy uppies but nothing else, and Sterling has zero end product. None of them are likely to create anything for Kane, who won’t create his own chances. England have a problem in defense and in the balance of the front 3.

Offline Cafe De Paris

• Kopite
  • Up the Red Men
« Reply #1816 on: September 26, 2022, 10:36:51 pm »
England will be lucky to get out of the group.
LFC a bastion of invincibility.

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #1817 on: September 26, 2022, 11:45:04 pm »
So does the fighting 3-3 win (draw) with Germany mean it's coming home now? I'm confused.

Offline TipTopKop

• Legacy Fan
  • Call Meeeeeee The Splund
« Reply #1818 on: September 27, 2022, 01:27:01 am »
That was a terrible singing choice for the anthems.
Having her, the music and the crowd trying to go at three different speeds was interesting.

Also, do they usually announce the name of the anthem? Or were they worried everyone had somehow missed the news about Liz?
Not surprisingly, there were plenty of classless and stupid boos for the German national anthem. While the German fans were very respectful of both, the God Save the King, and the 1 minute silence.

This Ingurland behaviour never seems to go under the spotlight, but if Celtic do something or even a minority of our support don't conform, well....

Offline grenny158

• Main Stander
  • Be kind.
« Reply #1819 on: September 27, 2022, 07:43:22 am »
If that was Arnold on the right in the build up to that goal, fucking hell you wouldn’t hear the end of it. ‘Not hard enough in the tackle’ blah blah blah.

1000% agree. Not to mention the other screwups that James has made during the last few games. Not saying he is a bad player - far from it, I actually rate him - but the picture being painted of TAA being defensively poor is actually pathetic, especially as James is being praised for his attacking 'prowess' last night but I have yet to see a single report where they highlight how weak he was for that third goal. Another example is Shaw - now HE is f'king useless .. woeful last night in the number of times he gave the ball away in dangerous positions, yet the media love him because he scored a lucky goal. Pathetic defender.

Finally, what is Maguire actually still doing in the England squad? You would imagine last night put paid to his England career, assuming England had a competent manager that is, but it would in no way surprise me to see Southgate select him for Qatar. Mindboggling - the guy is Championship level - and I mean a mid-table Championship side.

Offline Bergersrightwingviews

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1820 on: September 27, 2022, 08:34:18 am »
Pope was wonderfully bad.
Roger Scruton was right about everything.

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1821 on: September 27, 2022, 09:05:31 am »
Bellingham looks very very good

Absolutely class player and with a good coach he'd contribute even more. So much composure on the ball in tight spaces.

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1822 on: September 27, 2022, 09:07:25 am »
Germany are not very good either. Too many attacking midfielders who don't contribute enough regularly. Need a big bastard goalman up front like Klose to ruthlessly stab it in from 6 yards.

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1823 on: September 27, 2022, 09:07:48 am »
Maguire christ almighty put the lad out of his misery.

Offline mobydick

• Comes in any flavour
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thatcherite refugee
« Reply #1824 on: September 27, 2022, 09:19:15 am »
This from Luke Shaw.... has he never heard of John Barnes?

Following last night's match, Luke Shaw said England and Manchester United team-mate Harry Maguire receives more criticism than he has "ever seen before in football".

"Harry is an amazing player, an amazing character," Shaw told BBC Radio 5 Live.

"He's taken a lot of stick - probably more than I've ever seen before in football.

"He never hides away, he's always there. You can have people who can hide away and not want to be in the spotlight.

"He keeps putting himself in the spotlight, it shows the strength and character he's got."

Offline stewil007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1825 on: September 27, 2022, 09:34:58 am »

"He keeps putting himself in the spotlight, it shows the strength and character he's got."

I mean if by being the reason for their first goal and the start of the reason for their 2nd goal is putting yourself in the spotlight - then yep, cant disagree on that one.

Offline AlphaDelta

• Creepy, geeky, recidivist hose-spotter, checking out the size of your engine as we speak......
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Liverpool
« Reply #1826 on: September 27, 2022, 12:50:58 pm »
Maguire is woeful yes, but the amount of stick that lad gets in the media and in general, they want to keep an eye on him. The kind of stuff will send someone over the edge.
"I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #1827 on: September 27, 2022, 01:27:55 pm »
Maguire is woeful yes, but the amount of stick that lad gets in the media and in general, they want to keep an eye on him. The kind of stuff will send someone over the edge.

considering his attitude and arrogance, he needs taking down a few pegs. The guy is an absolute dickhead, who doesn’t know what the word accountability means.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1828 on: September 27, 2022, 01:37:23 pm »
1000% agree. Not to mention the other screwups that James has made during the last few games. Not saying he is a bad player - far from it, I actually rate him - but the picture being painted of TAA being defensively poor is actually pathetic, especially as James is being praised for his attacking 'prowess' last night but I have yet to see a single report where they highlight how weak he was for that third goal. Another example is Shaw - now HE is f'king useless .. woeful last night in the number of times he gave the ball away in dangerous positions, yet the media love him because he scored a lucky goal. Pathetic defender.

Finally, what is Maguire actually still doing in the England squad? You would imagine last night put paid to his England career, assuming England had a competent manager that is, but it would in no way surprise me to see Southgate select him for Qatar. Mindboggling - the guy is Championship level - and I mean a mid-table Championship side.
But James is "clear" of Trent, @blueChelseaHavertz846 on Twitter said so, idolo, finished player etc etc.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1829 on: September 27, 2022, 01:39:31 pm »
He's an arrogant twat, does he deserve the media taking shots at him?, no, nobody does, but he brings a lot of it on himself, the celebration against who was it?, San Marino after he slid on his knees with his fingers in his ears after scoring?, come on, he's making himself a target for ridicule with shit like that.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #1830 on: September 27, 2022, 03:44:18 pm »
The guy is an absolute dickhead, who doesn’t know what the word accountability means.

Too many letters...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #1831 on: September 27, 2022, 03:53:08 pm »
Absolutely class player and with a good coach he'd contribute even more. So much composure on the ball in tight spaces.
Belligham aside, that Musiala fella looked proper handy
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #1832 on: September 27, 2022, 04:06:47 pm »

Does he...? Genuinely, I dont do newspapers or Sky Sports News or whatever. Does he particularly get a lot of stick? I'm just on the BBC 'gossip' section where they show the backpages for the day, and it seems universally they're slating Pope. If there's articles or whatever calling him a bit rubbish, that seems fairly factual to me. We all know mental health should always be a big issue but it always seems a bit silly bringing it up when discussing a bit of an arrogant footballer who just isn't very good. I'm pretty sure United and England have a lot of mental health experts at hand in constant contact with their players. I remember people bringing it up when he had a shit game at the end of last season, it just doesn't really sit right.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #1833 on: September 27, 2022, 04:49:22 pm »
The best thing that Ingerlund and Yernited could do, is take him out of the firing line, pronto, because he is not even Championship level.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #1834 on: September 27, 2022, 08:20:15 pm »
Jota unlucky not to score. He looks really sharp at the moment.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #1835 on: September 27, 2022, 08:21:53 pm »
How shit are these Ukraine forwards, jesus wept
« Last Edit: September 27, 2022, 08:24:42 pm by rushyman »
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline SouthDerryLaggo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Enjoy these times
« Reply #1836 on: September 27, 2022, 09:16:44 pm »
christ almighty. 2-2  :butt
YNWA

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1837 on: September 27, 2022, 09:22:50 pm »
Good God Ireland

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #1838 on: September 27, 2022, 09:23:15 pm »
Jota safely subbed:
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1839 on: September 27, 2022, 09:27:16 pm »
Scotland haning on here... Ukraine should be out of sight.