Author Topic: Pro Evolution Soccer Series  (Read 50689 times)

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
Re: Pro Evolution Soccer 2018
« Reply #80 on: September 18, 2017, 04:16:38 pm »
Best price for this on PS4? I enjoyed last years game but most people I know play FIFA so I struggle for online matches against mates, so I'm reluctant to pay £40+ like it is on Amazon.

Seen £34.85 on eBay, anyone seen cheaper?

Similar price on SimplyGames? In fact the same price.

Offline Strummer77

• Legacy Fan
  • @AlexDavis90
« Reply #81 on: September 18, 2017, 11:43:56 pm »
Also Keegan, Barnes and Mcmanaman

Is there anything actually different/extra in this LFC edition of the game? Do you get the legends offline or anything or is it literally James Milner and Gini on the cover?

Offline ArthurDooley82

• Box-clever, non-pink, manly man's man. Contact for more details. No bibs! Grrrr :)
  • Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #82 on: September 19, 2017, 11:34:24 am »
Is there anything actually different/extra in this LFC edition of the game? Do you get the legends offline or anything or is it literally James Milner and Gini on the cover?

You get the chance to sort out the defence.

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #83 on: September 19, 2017, 11:52:01 am »
You get the chance to sort out the defence.

I did that in PES 2017 by buying Virgil van Dijk.

He's brilliant, which is why PES is such a good game.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline thelinnen

• Tepid Water Lite. Serial Moaner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #84 on: September 19, 2017, 06:57:03 pm »
Defending on Super star is atrocious. The CPU's attackers are always in acres of space.
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #85 on: September 20, 2017, 03:55:57 pm »
Defending on Super star is atrocious. The CPU's attackers are always in acres of space.
Switching it via a curved through ball out wide that bypasses the midfield? Noticed that a lot on the PC demo.

Offline ArthurDooley82

• Box-clever, non-pink, manly man's man. Contact for more details. No bibs! Grrrr :)
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #86 on: September 21, 2017, 12:15:26 pm »
Scored this beauty with divock in my club yesterday - https://twitter.com/cptnbeefheart82/status/910638853773561856

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: September 22, 2017, 12:46:39 pm »
Just picked this up on ps4.

Any decent option files knocking about?

Offline GiorgosCarraGoonies

• Kopite
« Reply #88 on: September 22, 2017, 12:48:48 pm »
Just picked this up on ps4.

Any decent option files knocking about?
Not used then myself (I'm Xbox One) but PES Universe looks ace

Offline Upinsmoke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: September 22, 2017, 12:49:52 pm »
Not used then myself (I'm Xbox One) but PES Universe looks ace

I got a good one last year, includes the bundesliga too but can't remember where I got it from now...

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: September 22, 2017, 08:45:54 pm »
Think I'm going to get this instead of FIFA now, I've read too many glowing reviews not to buy it.

FIFA sounds like it's FIFA 17.5.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Offline thelinnen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #91 on: September 24, 2017, 01:03:27 am »
It's the Liverpool of football games, attacking is fun but getting a clean sheet on Super star is like trying to get blood from a stone. CPU players are also unerringly accurate at long passing and lose their markers with ease.

The CPU teams all play the same as well, it's a step back from last year in my opinion.
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Offline thelinnen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: September 24, 2017, 01:52:44 pm »
The input lag is absolutely criminal as well. The amount of times I've told a player to boot a ball clear only to do nothing and be easily dispossessed and concede is unbelievable. 

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #93 on: September 25, 2017, 02:58:41 pm »
The input lag is absolutely criminal as well. The amount of times I've told a player to boot a ball clear only to do nothing and be easily dispossessed and concede is unbelievable. 

ER you are playing as Liverpool I take it?

:)  #realism
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #94 on: September 25, 2017, 06:08:42 pm »
I've downloaded the PESWorld file.  Updates have been applied but the team's are all in mixed up orders (I've tried fixing in competition structure).

Anybody else had this issue?

Offline WillG.LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: September 25, 2017, 07:22:38 pm »
I've downloaded the PESWorld file.  Updates have been applied but the team's are all in mixed up orders (I've tried fixing in competition structure).

Anybody else had this issue?
unfortunately thats the problem with the option files if you don't have the correct option file against database it gets a bit wonky.

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: September 25, 2017, 09:06:13 pm »
Still debating on whether to get this, really enjoyed 17 but didn't like the demo for 18 at all, felt too much of a sprint fest could just glide past players. Also sounds as if the AI attackers can do the same as well on the main game. How does the AI feel because I'd only be buying it for Master League to be honest?

Offline CrasherKid79

• Crashedandburnedkid2017
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: September 25, 2017, 09:10:27 pm »
Still debating on whether to get this, really enjoyed 17 but didn't like the demo for 18 at all, felt too much of a sprint fest could just glide past players. Also sounds as if the AI attackers can do the same as well on the main game. How does the AI feel because I'd only be buying it for Master League to be honest?

Have you tried the FIFA 18 demo?

Offline Upinsmoke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #98 on: September 26, 2017, 06:43:32 am »
Superstar is pretty difficult this year. However it seems like the way they fashion chances is similar across all teams. They tend to play a ball over the top from deep very often the minute your defence pushes up.

Offline Jesse Pinkman

• Main Stander
« Reply #99 on: September 26, 2017, 08:36:54 am »
Superstar is pretty difficult this year. However it seems like the way they fashion chances is similar across all teams. They tend to play a ball over the top from deep very often the minute your defence pushes up.

It's a bit strange this year. I find myself enjoying online more than offline, which is a first for PES! Master League on Super Star seems utterly broken. Putting aside the ridiculous transfers (I saw Liverpool sell Mane to United and promote Klavan to captain! Another beaut was Mbappe with a 16 million release clause), the AI cheats a lot.

Like Upinsmoke said, they play quick one touch passes, followed by a laser-guided ball over the top. Doesn't matter if you're playing West Brom and one of Pulis' ogres are on the ball - they will split your defense before you can say Dejan. Been told you can mitigate some of this by playing a deep defensive line and man marking. I've found this to be a bandaid solution. Heard a patch is underway to fix this - won't be starting Master League till then.

Online co-op is a blast as are divisions. Cross-and-header spammers have been neutralized. I've beaten Barca and Real with Watford! Lag is minimal to non-existent for me.
On Sterling:
Were spurs not happy to pay like £7-9m for him? I'd be giving Levy a call tonight to give him an option buy.
He's so over rated its ridiculous. Every time he plays he looks completely out of his depth and has done for about 9 months now.

Offline Upinsmoke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: September 26, 2017, 09:09:18 am »
Agree about the online. It really is fun and connections seem stable (touch wood!)

Offline thelinnen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: September 26, 2017, 09:50:22 am »
Thing is if I was going to pick a game to play online it would be Fifa all day of the week, I'm pretty disappointed. There's just so many niggling issues that build up over a few days of playing like player switching, defending, AI on Super star, input lag, the staleness of Master League.

The AI just play the same tactics no matter who you're up against on Super star, knocking it about like Pep's Barcelona then the perfectly weighted lofted ball over the top, it's so dull. I don't think I can bring myself to play it again, at least offline.

Offline Upinsmoke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: September 26, 2017, 10:29:46 am »
Is there a super strength button? I seem to be missing it on my pad. Basically you constantly get out run and outmuscled by the opposition. It's a shame pes has gone the route of fifa and basically inflated the AI attributes in order to achieve the difficulty spike. Fifa has been doing it for years, they can't programme the AI to form attacks properly so they inflate strength, stamina and pace, oldest trick in the book and now PES have gone the same route. It's a shame they obviously didn't want to build on last year's success. Strangely enough I think it's why I like online more because your playing against someone else who's team has realistic attributes as opposed to 200 strength and pace.

Offline Upinsmoke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: September 26, 2017, 10:40:00 am »
I've just had a brilliant example of a game cheating and not being able to do a thing about it. Ukraine 40 yards or more away from my goal, I go to close the man down and before I can he just lifts one over the top to the forward who has one t9uch and finishes past my keeper. A few things wrong here and totally out of my control. One I can't control my centre half until it's too late so the defensive line is out of my hands, secondly I can't get back to the striker in time, I don't have the same super strength and pace add on and thirdly I literally couldn't see it coming because the camera doesn't pan that wide of an angle. So I can't control my man and see where the opposition striker is both at the same time.

So fixed it's untrue. Think I might sign up to the forums just to have a moan.

Also I'm sick of reviewers not doing there jobs properly. Two games I've bought lately (this and f1) where the reviewers haven't mentioned or picked up on the blatant issues. All because they suck so bad at playing games they play on easy or just simply don't have a fucking clue .

On two separate occasions I've took the lead and they've literally gone up the other end and equalised twice. So scripted it's untrue.

Wankers
« Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 10:47:41 am by Upinsmoke »

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #104 on: September 26, 2017, 11:29:28 am »
The scripting shite is why I haven't taken the plunge on this year's edition as it's still there. Reading PES forums, you get a good feel for what's really different this year. Stuff like the cursor being laggy and difficult to select who you want; late centreback reactions, and a lot of the existing old problems haven't gone away.

The problem with PES is all that adding up to you feeling not like you are playing against the opponent, but you are playing against the game itself.

Offline puroresu_kid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #105 on: September 26, 2017, 11:35:38 am »
Reading thoughts on PES and Fifa and still it seems to me neither can nail the experience that I am looking for.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #106 on: September 26, 2017, 01:17:37 pm »
I'm really killing time til Sociable Soccer comes out!  :)

Offline thelinnen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Pro Evolution Soccer 2018
« Reply #107 on: September 26, 2017, 02:59:24 pm »
Reading thoughts on PES and Fifa and still it seems to me neither can nail the experience that I am looking for.
If you’re playing it with friends then get Pes. If you want to play online or even career mode then go with FIFA, their AI actually offers more variety than Pes this year. On Fifa against Crystal Palace the owl parked the bus for a 0-0, on Pes they were playing tika taka and playing lofted though balls to Benteke.

Pes might control better but that’s only half the game, the AI and CPU are rubbish.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 03:01:23 pm by thelinnen »

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: September 26, 2017, 07:05:19 pm »
Have you tried the FIFA 18 demo?

I’ve not actually, I might give it a go.

Also I'm sick of reviewers not doing there jobs properly. Two games I've bought lately (this and f1) where the reviewers haven't mentioned or picked up on the blatant issues. All because they suck so bad at playing games they play on easy or just simply don't have a fucking clue .

On two separate occasions I've took the lead and they've literally gone up the other end and equalised twice. So scripted it's untrue.

Wankers

To be honest that’s I waited to hear the feedback on here, see what real gamers think of it. I might wait a couple of weeks, I’m hopeful they fix it. Just fucks me off so much why studios feel the need to change an already winning formula so soon.

Offline Sh0rty

• Kopite
« Reply #109 on: October 3, 2017, 04:11:00 am »
Computer on superstar  :wanker

Score amazing goals against me all the time and all i score are scrappy tap ins  ;D

Enjoying it though just think its too fiddly to change attack and defence on the fly

Offline wadey-LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • Round the fields of Anfield Road
« Reply #110 on: October 3, 2017, 05:33:48 pm »
Loving co-op mode at the moment, best part of the game for me.
"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool." Bill Shankly

Offline GiorgosCarraGoonies

• Kopite
« Reply #111 on: October 3, 2017, 05:55:47 pm »
Been using the advanced shooting recently. It's not full manual but gives you more control over where you want the ball to go, although it is a bit harder than assisted and takes some getting used to.

Offline wadey-LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • Round the fields of Anfield Road
« Reply #112 on: October 26, 2017, 03:06:02 pm »
Cant believe they havent fixed player switching on this game yet, completely broken.
"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool." Bill Shankly

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #113 on: November 21, 2017, 12:15:05 am »
Is anyone playing on 'Legend' difficulty level?

It's fucking ridiculous :lmao Played 10-12 games yet and haven't won one. Teams of the quality of Saudi Arabia or Morocco will play as if they have the defence of the 90s Milan side coupled with the attacking flair of Barce under Guardiola.

Playing against an utterly mediocre side they ran about 50 passes together, I couldn't get near the ball, then flicked home a header at the near post. Whenever I work a yard of space for a striker in the box, three defenders hurl themselves in front of the ball, and if by some miracle I get a shot on target the keeper is flying towards it like the lovechild of Zoff and Yashin. Honestly, I had a header with Mandzukic from about 6 yards out, flicked neatly into the corner, and the keeper produced a save Banks would be proud of. Most of the rest of my shots seem to shank off wide.

It's a pisser because for the last few iterations I've found the game gets a bit stale after a while because due to the difficulty. Once you "conquer" a level, you can go on and win the ML pretty easily and it all gets a bit repetitive. In one of my first games on Superstar I beat Barce 5-2 with Liverpool and got a really comfy 2-0 win over Arsenal so was worried it might be more of the ame. I was pleased to see a new difficult level introduced for this reason. But it's utterly ridiculous - I can't see many "exciting" games because I can barely score one goal, let alone a couple. So torn between a game that's a little too easy and one that I find all but impossible. Balls.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 12:25:46 am by JerseyKloppite »

Offline Mr. LFC

• Kemlynite
PES 2018 for PS3
« Reply #114 on: November 29, 2017, 03:55:22 pm »
Can anyone tell me whether the Pro Evolution Soccer 2018 game for PlayStation 3 has included the new main stand in the game?
"The real people's club" - Sammy Lee

Offline D🐶G

• Sworn enemy of C🙀T
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Re: PES 2018 for PS3
« Reply #115 on: November 29, 2017, 06:27:23 pm »
The PS4 version does, so would assume the PS3 version does too.
Twitter - @ElmDag - 19 League Titles • 8 FA Cups • 9 Football League Cups • 16 FA Charity Shields • 6 UEFA European Cups • 3 UEFA Cups • 4 UEFA European Super Cups • 1 FIFA Club World Cup

Offline Lfsea

• Half a grand, so it is
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Re: PES 2018 for PS3
« Reply #116 on: November 29, 2017, 06:32:09 pm »
Can anyone tell me whether the Pro Evolution Soccer 2018 game for PlayStation 3 has included the new main stand in the game?

Is it a deal breaker?

Offline ArthurDooley82

• Anny Roader
« Reply #117 on: November 30, 2017, 12:57:16 pm »
Anyone fancy a game ? Solidarity82lfc

Offline Upinsmoke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #118 on: December 4, 2017, 09:07:18 pm »
Gonna have to throw in the towel with pes2018. Like everything about it but the ai is too good on superstar, they just stick to you like glue and constantly get the blocks in. Then if your good enough to evade all that the keepers are insane. Plus the players switching, whatever they've done it makes it almost impossible to react fast enough because the player switching is all fucked. You need the computer to select the right player otherwise on that level one mistake and your fucked.

Offline thelinnen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #119 on: December 6, 2017, 10:08:51 am »
Gonna have to throw in the towel with pes2018. Like everything about it but the ai is too good on superstar, they just stick to you like glue and constantly get the blocks in. Then if your good enough to evade all that the keepers are insane. Plus the players switching, whatever they've done it makes it almost impossible to react fast enough because the player switching is all fucked. You need the computer to select the right player otherwise on that level one mistake and your fucked.
Same, I uninstalled it again after starting a career mode with Liverpool and having 6 points from 7 games. Could barely score a goal and the lower difficulties were too easy. Crossing is pointless, if you manage to find space for a shot your player will either slice it wide or the goalkeeper will make a ridiculous save. The AI defenders stick to your players like glue but yours often forget where they are. The input lag is hideous as well, the amount of times I've been pressing shoot only for nothing to happen or been robbed of the ball 5 yards out when I'm hammering the clearance button.

I have no idea what has gone wrong from last year, the AI was great in that game. This year it's utter trash and ruins the whole experience.