Author Topic: achilles tendonitis  (Read 1820 times)

Offline ggcc14

• C onfuses objective and objectionable. C-ock
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
achilles tendonitis
« on: October 9, 2016, 01:46:18 am »
seemed to have been developing this the last couple of days, its a very minor and dull pain at the moment.

i've gone from basically no cardio in over a year, to running 5 miles everyday. seems that is probably the route of the problem.

i've used the ice and hot water bottle method, what else can I do.. to continue running, i really don't want to take a 1 month hiatus while i have my motivation back. i'm thinking heavy strapping, calf raises to warm up, running slightly less distances, any advice guys?  :wave
I´ll say something that might surprise you. Real life is different to computer games.
I think Nadal is brilliant. One of the top 10 ever.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: achilles tendonitis
« Reply #1 on: October 9, 2016, 01:53:30 am »
You should get some good advice from the folks in the running thread - http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=88541.14880.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #2 on: October 9, 2016, 09:22:50 pm »
I've had it.  I've found wearing a shoe with more of a heel, and trainers with very cushioned heels really helped.

“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Caffeine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2016, 03:50:28 pm »
I have had shoulder tendinitis/tendinosis and it absolutely sucked. It took months to heal and there was loads of stuff I couldn't do in my training that I ordinarily would. My advice would be to read up on it the difference between tendinitis and tendinosis and also seek the opinion of a physio.

I'd strongly advise against running on it. You will make it worse.

Offline ggcc14

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2016, 02:54:55 am »
well it has gone for now :)
I´ll say something that might surprise you. Real life is different to computer games.

Online Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2017, 10:47:05 am »
Can anyone help?

I have really bad pain in my heel. It's not the sole of my foot but the heel - about 3cm from bottom of the heel. If I press it, it's very sore but I can't walk on it - I put my foot down but I can't walk normally as I am in a lot of pain. It seems to be worse first thing in the morning.

In April, I went from doing little/no exercise to now exercising about 8 times a week.

I started to notice it a little last week, I play football Tuesday and Wednesday and after those sessions, I can feel a dull ache. On Thursday I went to the gym at lunch for a weights session, then in the evening did a 3k run as I am attempting to do 10k steps every day in August, so did a quick run for fitness and steps. Friday morning I felt my heel again but went out for a 7km run, it wasn't at the point where it was too painful to run but halfway through I had to stop and take my shoe off and I felt around the heel and it was tender. So I ran home and just relaxed. I walked to the shops that evening and was struggling to walk properly - could feel the pain as I walked.

Then Saturday morning I woke up and could barely put my foot down. It has been the same since and doesn't feel better or worse at any points in the day. I ice it and it feels better for a few minutes then the pain returns :(

Anyone have any idea what it is or how to fix it?

Offline ggcc14

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2017, 09:10:06 pm »
I think the general consensus is that you can't really treat it and you just have to manage it. Take a few weeks off exercise and ease back in gently, hot water bottle can be helpful in relieving the pain. Don't use any painkillers to train on it, just prolongs the shittiness.

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy

Online Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2017, 12:42:53 pm »
Thanks for the replies guys - really appreciate it.

Looking at pictures, it's definitely my achilles tendon area, rather than foot or bottom of the heel bone.

Think I just need to rest it, ice it and stay off of it for a while and see if it sorts itself out.