Author Topic: NBA Discussion  (Read 603584 times)

Offline Doc Red

• Chills before posting and wishes others had too
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The eye cannot see what the mind does not know.
Re: NBA Season 2015-16 Discussion
« Reply #40 on: October 25, 2015, 10:48:20 am »
I see it as if Gilbert wants to blow his money, why not. I saw somewhere the Cavs might have to pay something like +$100 mil in luxury tax at least for this season. Insane amount. His regular season Per36 numbers really don't look great. I can't see him finishing this contract in Cleveland either. What happens with Mozgov's upcoming contract?

He's making more than enough profit simply by having LeBron on board. The Luxury tax concept is a bit of a sham, the owners are capable of spending far more on salaries and still end up ploughing in the dough with high profit margins.
The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.
There go my people. I must follow them, for I am their leader.

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #41 on: October 25, 2015, 11:25:11 am »
Annual reminder of the free NBA League Pass till the 5th of November. You'll catch any games you want till then. Reminder to cancel the subscription prior to that date cause they will charge you the full price otherwise.

Cheers mate!
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline conman

• Ohh aaaah just a little bit, Ooh aahh, a little bit more. Aerial stalker perv. Not cool enough to get the lolz.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #42 on: October 25, 2015, 11:50:23 am »
I've seen a few things pop up on my radar about Lamar Odom. What's going on there?
I seen he collapsed in a brothel, had 12 strokes and was rushed to hospital.
I hear that he was trying to get back resurrect his career too.

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #43 on: October 25, 2015, 07:24:52 pm »
T-Wolves head coach Flip Saunders dies from cancer. RIP.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Online Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: October 25, 2015, 07:29:05 pm »

That's absolutely fucking shit. I knew he was battling it, but I expected and willed him to pull through. RIP Flip

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: October 25, 2015, 07:34:47 pm »

shocked to hear that, way too soon. I am speechless. Rest in peace.

Offline Doc Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: October 25, 2015, 07:43:21 pm »

Really sad to hear, hadn't realised it had gone terminal. RIP.
The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.

Offline Kopenhagen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: October 25, 2015, 08:11:41 pm »

Very sad news. RIP Flip.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline Kopenhagen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: October 25, 2015, 09:33:53 pm »

Offline Romeo Sensini

• Legacy Fan
  • Can climb two flights of stairs
« Reply #49 on: October 30, 2015, 07:08:20 am »

Online Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: October 31, 2015, 12:16:57 am »
Philadelphia are a truly horrible team. Appreciate it's a young roster but just how long are they donating to this rebuilding project? Doubt they'll win many games again this year with a total lack of offensive firepower. There's so little outside shooting on the team, Noel's offence needs a ton of work and Okafor is a rookie

Offline Romeo Sensini

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: October 31, 2015, 12:56:31 am »
Philadelphia are a truly horrible team. Appreciate it's a young roster but just how long are they donating to this rebuilding project? Doubt they'll win many games again this year with a total lack of offensive firepower. There's so little outside shooting on the team, Noel's offence needs a ton of work and Okafor is a rookie
This game is pretty bad, so I switched on the Flyers. They looked better last game. Keep in mind our starting SF and PG are out injured, so this is a super watered down team. The backcourt at the moment is easily the worst in the NBA. T.J. McConnell doesn't even look like a D-League player.

Jakarr Sampson was -27 in 14 minutes. Impressive.

Online Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: October 31, 2015, 01:07:16 am »
This game is pretty bad, so I switched on the Flyers. They looked better last game. Keep in mind our starting SF and PG are out injured, so this is a super watered down team. The backcourt at the moment is easily the worst in the NBA. T.J. McConnell doesn't even look like a D-League player.

Jakarr Sampson was -27 in 14 minutes. Impressive.

This rebuilding project seems a long way off being successful yet, you don't have a single player worthy of starting in an NBA backcourt, even when Wroten comes back. Okafor will end up being a premier player in the league and playing on a team this bad will allow him to handle the ball a lot but the supporting cast are terrible offensively. I assume that the GM will look to trade for an elite PG or SG at some point, or draft one with your number 1 pick next summer

Offline Romeo Sensini

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: October 31, 2015, 01:27:00 am »
This rebuilding project seems a long way off being successful yet, you don't have a single player worthy of starting in an NBA backcourt, even when Wroten comes back. Okafor will end up being a premier player in the league and playing on a team this bad will allow him to handle the ball a lot but the supporting cast are terrible offensively. I assume that the GM will look to trade for an elite PG or SG at some point, or draft one with your number 1 pick next summer
Yep, still a lot of question marks with the prospects too. Saric is stashed away in Europe, and Embiid is an unknown in regards to his future, but neither address the PG issue. Noel and Okafor are good pieces to build a front court for the future pending they continue to develop. If Hinkie is following the Rockets model, he needs to find his James Harden. Not sure that is possible.

Next season will probably be the first season with mild expectations.

Online Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: October 31, 2015, 01:35:48 am »
Yep, still a lot of question marks with the prospects too. Saric is stashed away in Europe, and Embiid is an unknown in regards to his future, but neither address the PG issue. Noel and Okafor are good pieces to build a front court for the future pending they continue to develop. If Hinkie is following the Rockets model, he needs to find his James Harden. Not sure that is possible.

Next season will probably be the first season with mild expectations.

Unless Embiid comes back and blows everybody away I suspect he'll be traded, but he's not even played a game so hard to know really. Noel showed how good he is defensively last year and Okafor seems like he's going to be special, I'd be stunned if they get moved anywhere. Maybe he has KD lined up next summer  ;D

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm too moist and tender to retire.
« Reply #55 on: October 31, 2015, 02:32:14 am »
Some great defence from my Pistons tonight. Morris was magnificent too.

Online Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: November 1, 2015, 01:22:59 am »
Steph Curry is ridiculous! That is all

Offline Messiah

• Kopite
  • YNWA
« Reply #57 on: November 1, 2015, 04:54:13 am »
My god Curry's start to this season has been godly.
Will the people in the cheaper seats clap your hands? And the rest of you, if you'll just rattle your jewelry.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #58 on: November 1, 2015, 09:22:17 am »
Fire Larry Bird.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline Doc Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: November 1, 2015, 10:55:16 am »
Great win by the Knicks against the Bullets, at Washington. A bit nervy at the end, but a good start to the season, though hopefully Afflalo comes back pretty soon as at times our offense looked a lot like the iso heavy offense under Woodson (his last season) with Melo having to do everything. Porzingis already starting to show a great offensive shooting touch.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #60 on: November 1, 2015, 06:32:16 pm »
anybody know any streams other than the nba pass? Got a 10 year old boy who has become obsessed with the game. Wants to watch Celtic v Spurs which I thought might be a Europa League game of the future?
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #61 on: November 2, 2015, 11:25:15 am »
Bookmark this site mate. It has a couple of of streams for each game. Usually the first one is the good one with no need to remove adblock. Decent quality. Your son has made a fine choice btw. It's a beautiful sport no matter how alien it may seem to English lads. Hahaha.

Offline mc_red22

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: November 2, 2015, 12:30:17 pm »
I'm gutted I missed the Heat-Rockets game last night but I'm glad to see the Heat pick up the win to go 2-1. It'll be a difficult game against Atlanta next though.

Offline Kopenhagen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: November 2, 2015, 09:54:48 pm »
Harden shot 0/10 from 3 last night. 12% on uncontested shots through three games.  ;D

Offline Romeo Sensini

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: November 5, 2015, 05:11:59 pm »
Steph's PER at the moment is 47.23. Insane. Shooting almost 52% from 3.

As for the rookies, Towns, Okafor, and Porzingis all look to be good players for the future. I'm impressed by all of them.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: November 5, 2015, 05:14:38 pm »
Steph's PER at the moment is 47.23. Insane. Shooting almost 52% from 3.

As for the rookies, Towns, Okafor, and Porzingis all look to be good players for the future. I'm impressed by all of them.

Yes and looks like Lakers will regret picking Russell

Online Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: November 5, 2015, 05:32:52 pm »
I've only seen a bit of the high draft picks, but I really like what I see from Towns, I think he's going to be a star

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #67 on: November 6, 2015, 11:55:21 am »
Speaking of picks, Myles Turner will come good. More than decent mid range jumper, very good at blocking already, good at rebounding and will develop some post moves as he progresses. Only 19 years of age.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: November 8, 2015, 06:24:18 am »
I've only seen a bit of the high draft picks, but I really like what I see from Towns, I think he's going to be a star

Saw him tonight against the Bulls, dude is 100% legit.
Wiggins with a great game and Bjelica is a great pick for the wolves too. wishful thinking maybe but i hope they are play off contenders.

Online Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: November 8, 2015, 11:27:33 am »
Saw him tonight against the Bulls, dude is 100% legit.
Wiggins with a great game and Bjelica is a great pick for the wolves too. wishful thinking maybe but i hope they are play off contenders.

Yep, 17 points, 13 boards, 4 blocks, couple of assists and no turnovers isn't a bad stat line for a rookie against the Bulls. I can't wait to see this Timberwolves roster develop over the next few years.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: November 8, 2015, 10:58:31 pm »
Kobe should retire for the goodness of the game, Lakers and himself. And this is coming from a Lakers hater;)
He is about 3 years late, he doesn't have the athleticism, legs anymore and whenever he gets the ball, all he does is ISO, no ball movement.

What he is doing is selfish and shameful, zero regard for the development of the young talents they have or future of the franchise. I have no idea what he is trying to accomplish by playing, he kills his career numbers, lowering %.
« Last Edit: November 8, 2015, 11:00:53 pm by elsewhere »

Offline Romeo Sensini

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: November 9, 2015, 12:13:39 am »
Kobe should retire for the goodness of the game, Lakers and himself. And this is coming from a Lakers hater;)
He is about 3 years late, he doesn't have the athleticism, legs anymore and whenever he gets the ball, all he does is ISO, no ball movement.

What he is doing is selfish and shameful, zero regard for the development of the young talents they have or future of the franchise. I have no idea what he is trying to accomplish by playing, he kills his career numbers, lowering %.
I loathe him, so I'm biased too. It is finally sinking in his head he is no longer the player he was. His massive contract runs out this season, so I can understand why he is still playing.

I hope he continues to play his hardest and win some games for the Lakers, purely because the Sixers get their pick (top 3 protected). Seeing this Lakers franchise turn  into a tire fire is an absolute joy. So much entitlement from an idiotic front office. They just expect quality free agents to land in their lap. Let the Lakers' dark ages last long.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: November 9, 2015, 12:35:09 am »
I loathe him, so I'm biased too. It is finally sinking in his head he is no longer the player he was. His massive contract runs out this season, so I can understand why he is still playing.

I hope he continues to play his hardest and win some games for the Lakers, purely because the Sixers get their pick (top 3 protected). Seeing this Lakers franchise turn  into a tire fire is an absolute joy. So much entitlement from an idiotic front office. They just expect quality free agents to land in their lap. Let the Lakers' dark ages last long.

regarding picks, in a related story, Nets are terrible and Celtics have their unprotected picks for the next 3 years due to KG+Pierce trade.
They may very well get the #1 pick for the Celtics. I have no idea how Billy King still has a GM job in the NBA.
Never thought Prokhorov is an idiot but he has to be.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: November 9, 2015, 04:22:48 am »
This Pistons-Portland game is one of the craziest comebacks I've ever seen.

Detroit won the last quarter 41-11 and won the game by 17, they were down by 20 in 3rd quarter.
Drummond is a monster, best center of his generation. He can do pretty much everything except free throws:)
Looks like they play much better without Brandin Jennings. Reggie had an incredible game, ended up with 40 pts.
He had 26 in the 4th quarter!
« Last Edit: November 9, 2015, 04:44:30 am by elsewhere »

Online Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: November 9, 2015, 09:10:39 am »
29 points, 27 rebounds for Drummond, not a bad game I guess  ;) The Blazers' roster was decimated in the off season though and now there's just a lack of offensive talent on the roster. Terry Stotts' teams normally start the season well so I think they'll tread water until the All-Star break and then when they start to drop off they'll be one of the worst team in the league.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #75 on: November 9, 2015, 09:23:19 am »
Great game Cavs vs Pacers. Lebron and George were excellent as expected. Jordan Hill must have missed at least 6 bunnies ffs!

Offline NealFrom25Yards

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: November 9, 2015, 11:04:02 am »
Drummond with legitimate MVP form early on. Who'd have thought that?

Averaging 20.3 pts / 20.3 boards / 1.8 steals / 1.8 blocks

Just insane. Developed a nice hook shot and more of a post game too.

Offline RedInside

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: November 10, 2015, 10:25:22 am »
If only he improves his FT shooting. He's only 22 aswell, he has been awesome.

Anyone following the wolves? Rubio looks like he can actually score, Towns has been everything they expected it seems and Wiggins is picking up the pace aswell. Could be a force in the next years, great prospects.

This rookie class has looked very good so far, looks like one of those years with a very deep class.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: November 11, 2015, 04:14:18 am »

Offline NealFrom25Yards

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: November 11, 2015, 05:57:22 am »
Woke up to see KD, AD and Rubio injured. I have all 3 in my ($200 buy in) fantasy team. How? :'(  >:(

Only consolation is I won my first two games.