Author Topic: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt [PC/PS4/XB1]  (Read 106514 times)

Offline JongWK

• Legacy Fan
Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt [PC/PS4/XB1]
« Reply #200 on: May 25, 2015, 01:08:47 am »
So, on a whim, I decided to install The Witcher 2 (had it from a Steam sale, long ago), and see if I could finish it before diving into TW3. Figured that I could get a better idea of the setting that way.

Fuck me, the controls are as atrocious as people had warned me.
"I look at him doing all sorts of crazy shit and mostly I burst out laughing at his insane genius.
I mean, if his first reaction to a ball bouncing in front of him 40 yards from goal is 'I'm going to whack this into the net from here', you just have to laugh at the sheer improbability of it all."
~~Ray K, on Luis Suarez (Liverpool 5 - Norwich 1)

Offline bailey90

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #201 on: May 25, 2015, 01:18:17 am »
I've just killed the Werewolf. Really enjoyed that mission.
Twitter: @Bailey_90

Offline bailey90

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #202 on: May 25, 2015, 02:47:11 am »
Soooooo, this just happened on my game...

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/29T4HrW9yLU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/29T4HrW9yLU</a>

Floating heads everywhere.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2015, 06:17:01 pm by bailey90 »

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #203 on: May 25, 2015, 04:05:50 pm »
I've moved on from the White Orchard area but I feel like there's a ton of side quests + stuff I haven't done there yet. Do people reckon it's worth staying to do all that stuff? Wanna try experience as much of the game as possible but not massively outlevel the main questline
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline RivaGe

• Legacy Fan
  • walk on
« Reply #204 on: May 25, 2015, 04:20:35 pm »
I've moved on from the White Orchard area but I feel like there's a ton of side quests + stuff I haven't done there yet. Do people reckon it's worth staying to do all that stuff? Wanna try experience as much of the game as possible but not massively outlevel the main questline
You can always return :)

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #205 on: May 25, 2015, 07:42:44 pm »
Anyone know to move a big ton of rock in your way? It all glows when I look at through my witcher sense, but I have no idea how to move it? it's got @ with dots around it?

Any idea?

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #206 on: May 25, 2015, 07:45:47 pm »
Have you tried that blast-spell-thingy? No idea what it's called, Axii or whatever...

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #207 on: May 25, 2015, 07:53:54 pm »
Have you tried that blast-spell-thingy? No idea what it's called, Axii or whatever...

Nevermind found out what it was... apparently Kiera gives you a device.

Offline SheikhMo

• Kopite
  • YNWA
« Reply #208 on: May 25, 2015, 10:55:31 pm »
What a game. Oh and Yen is hot 😍
"If you're struggling in a game you can either do two things, send your centre back (Robert Huth) up front as a centre forward or use Luis Garcia between the lines." - Rafa Benitez

Offline stoa

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #209 on: May 25, 2015, 11:08:58 pm »
Nah... Triss is miles ahead even though I haven't seen her in the Witcher 3... ;)

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #210 on: May 26, 2015, 03:30:58 am »
They've definitely cut a lot of that part out of it, I remember witcher 2 you basically screwed anything that was female and moved :P

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #211 on: May 26, 2015, 04:07:50 am »
Only nailed keira so far, was getting desperate before that, even the pan woman had a chance of getting a game  ;)

Offline RivaGe

• Legacy Fan
  • walk on
« Reply #212 on: May 26, 2015, 05:25:02 am »
They've definitely cut a lot of that part out of it, I remember witcher 2 you basically screwed anything that was female and moved :P
Have you played Witcher 1? It had way more action than W2.

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #213 on: May 26, 2015, 08:11:31 am »
Fuck me Ciri has an arse on her :)
Wonder if I can use her to go and smash Keira?

Offline stoa

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #214 on: May 26, 2015, 10:11:22 am »

Yeah, the first one was basically nailing women with an RPG attached to it. Didn't get far enough in the second one... ;)
It's good that they've toned it down a bit it seems.

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #215 on: May 26, 2015, 10:12:49 am »
Triss with Ciris ass = perfect woman.

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #216 on: May 26, 2015, 10:22:57 am »
Never played Witcher games before and got this... wow... the scale of it is nothing short of epic, I thought White Orchard was big... then I got to the second area... holy shiet!

Only problem I have is I keep getting over burdened... 60 items seems low and I don't have a house/storage area, I pretty much have a tone of alchemy items so I know it's that/the metal bars but I want to keep those as alchemy is important right so not sure what to do!! Money is scarce also but I loot absolutely EVERYTHING.

The game is awesome, love it so far, read up on the plot of previous games beforehand on Wiki to try and get a clue but some of the dialogue still escapes me (I loaded it as if I had played witcher 2 accidentally and don't want to start all over again)

But yeah... epic... got both Viper (or whatever snake name) school steel sword and silver sword from first area also (crafted) lvl 6 now just doing the Witch quest

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #217 on: May 26, 2015, 11:39:42 am »
Yeah I find the item limit can be quite low.  Must be a perk somewhere to allow you to increase.

I sell all my weapons I don't use, unless I need the materials for another one then dismantle them. 

I've not got much coin though, however I like the struggle.

I have about 20 open missions and I never felt more in control of a game, rather than not knowing what to do next as some games can have.

Just done the Bloody Baron mission, and about to head to the swamp for Keira.  Hope that's not spoilery?

Offline scouser4eva

• but is Eva4Scouser? Wants an old willy
  • Legacy Fan
  • " god wanted west ham to win but gerrard said no "
« Reply #218 on: May 26, 2015, 11:51:06 am »
Yeah I find the item limit can be quite low.  Must be a perk somewhere to allow you to increase.

Yea you can buy a sadle for your horse allows you to carry more items.

Offline PhilV

• Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #219 on: May 26, 2015, 11:56:12 am »

I sell all my weapons I don't use, unless I need the materials for another one then dismantle them. 

I've not got much coin though, however I like the struggle.

I have about 20 open missions and I never felt more in control of a game, rather than not knowing what to do next as some games can have.

Just done the Bloody Baron mission, and about to head to the swamp for Keira.  Hope that's not spoilery?

I am going to try ans build up money, need it bad, killed a few wraiths so got a couple emerald dust, they sell well I believe... is there any recommendations on what items you should 100% dismantle for parts/crafting items?

I got a couple missions for lvl 30+ after reading some books/documents I found, that will be years away, leveling is very slow!

Offline RivaGe

• Legacy Fan
  • walk on
« Reply #220 on: May 26, 2015, 12:15:43 pm »
I get genuinely pissed off whenever I have to swim in an underwater passage or loot a sunken treasure. Don't think I've ever experienced such poor controls.

Offline scouser4eva

• but is Eva4Scouser? Wants an old willy
  • Legacy Fan
  • " god wanted west ham to win but gerrard said no "
« Reply #221 on: May 26, 2015, 12:30:09 pm »
I get genuinely pissed off whenever I have to swim in an underwater passage or loot a sunken treasure. Don't think I've ever experienced such poor controls.

Agreed really annoying this espicially when you got monsters chasing you ! hopefully they sort this out in the next patch just small things need fixing atm to make it a perfect game.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #222 on: May 26, 2015, 12:30:43 pm »

Yup played them all, can't remember that far back ;)

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #223 on: May 26, 2015, 01:20:06 pm »
Played for about 10 hours yesterday, advanced the Baron and Keira stories a bit as well. Got to level 11, still having fun running around and killing stuff, i've got a lot of side missions to do and treasure hunts although most of them are still way above my level at the moment. One says it's level 15, but I can't bloody kill the noonwraith at the elven site. Just can't. Tried everything, so will park that when i've got some more gear and a little bit higher.

Come on 5pm!

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #224 on: May 26, 2015, 01:31:23 pm »
Got a paid month off soon as I await a new position being prepared for me at work. Got a holiday booked but otherwise I'll have plenty of spare time on my hands. I had the Witcher 2 on 360 but never really got into it. Loved Fallout, Elder Scrolls, Mass Effect etc, will this be up my alley if I give it some time?
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline WavertreeRed

• Anny Roader
  • Internet Terrorist, Detonating emails every 5 mins
« Reply #225 on: May 26, 2015, 01:58:37 pm »
So much to do in this game, its fantastic. Just completed the Bogwood Crones storyline & my choice definitely had shades of grey to it, so I googled the 'alternate' ending and found there isn't an obvious good/bad ending.

So many RPGs could learn from the quests/storylines in the Wtcher series.
Will you please kindly refrain from all this rational common sense bollocks.

Someone has said something on a social networking site, so it must be true.

Offline PhilV

• Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #226 on: May 26, 2015, 04:39:34 pm »
I wish they brought out Gwent as a player vs player mobile phone game or whatever, I am really hooked on it

going to try the pearl money making strategy I saw a few pages earlier on here as I am constantly skint and I need moneys for saddle and bits and bobs

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #227 on: May 26, 2015, 04:50:03 pm »
Yeah I'm enjoying Gwent.  Need to find some more cards though - as I only have the Nothern Realms playable and my highest card is about an 8.

Was playing one of the 3 after Blood Baron for their special card and he was dropping 15 point cards that doubled to 30 point.

Offline RivaGe

• Legacy Fan
  • walk on
« Reply #228 on: May 26, 2015, 07:46:44 pm »
30 hours in, turns out I imported a wrong Witcher 2 save where I killed Letho :( Oh well.

Got a paid month off soon as I await a new position being prepared for me at work. Got a holiday booked but otherwise I'll have plenty of spare time on my hands. I had the Witcher 2 on 360 but never really got into it. Loved Fallout, Elder Scrolls, Mass Effect etc, will this be up my alley if I give it some time?
Yes.

Offline PhilV

• Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #229 on: May 27, 2015, 09:26:42 am »
Managed to make 60K last night in Novigrad, allllllright, might take a bit from the game but I was tired of being flat broke 24/7, this helps!

Back to doing the Baron missions and general Velen mission but I prefer hanging around Novigrad atm... came across Jeny Of The Woods too, she is a toughie, had to do a runner, only lvl 7 lol

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #230 on: May 27, 2015, 08:22:56 pm »
Killed Griffin, piece of piss, off to find Ceri.
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #231 on: May 27, 2015, 08:25:34 pm »
Gotta admit I had completely ignored the main story line for a good few days, just spent my time running around doing side quests and trying to craft some weapons. Looked at my main quests and they were all grey except 1 which was green and said Level 10.

Decided I better get a move on.

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #232 on: May 27, 2015, 08:27:15 pm »
Gotta admit I had completely ignored the main story line for a good few days, just spent my time running around doing side quests and trying to craft some weapons. Looked at my main quests and they were all grey except 1 which was green and said Level 10.

I'm doing the opposite, coz I want to get back on Dota, Bloodborne taking up most of my gaming time. Ignoring all the side quests, just doing the story.
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #233 on: May 27, 2015, 08:34:39 pm »
I think you'll struggle towards the end game as your level may not be higher.

Once you get stuck into Gwent you'll forget all about the main story :D

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #234 on: May 27, 2015, 08:36:22 pm »

Argh it's pissing me off, i've not been able to beat any of the Tavern owners except 1. I've only got the nothern deck as well.

Offline Twelfth Man

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #235 on: May 27, 2015, 08:39:07 pm »

Can't make head nor tail of it, a bit like last seasons formations and strategy ...;)

Offline 'Mondzz'

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #236 on: May 27, 2015, 08:55:24 pm »
Spent quite a bit of time travelling round trying to pick up more Gwent cards. Covered most of Novigrad i think so just been going to towns around Velen i havent been to before, most merchants seem to play Gwent so you can win a new card and a couple usually sell four or five cards.

Trying to get a deck good enough for the Gwent tournament in Novigrad but my deck rating is still only 4/5. Wont let me enter until it's 5/5 apparently. Just got a ship to the Skelligle isles to see if i can add more cards there!
THOSE AREN'T FINGERS. THOSE ARE SCARF TASSELLS.

Offline bailey90

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #237 on: May 27, 2015, 09:09:05 pm »

What does it mean if the missions are grey?

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #238 on: May 27, 2015, 09:11:25 pm »
What does it mean if the missions are grey?

Means they are way below my current level.

Grey =  below current
Green = In my current level
Pink = Just above my current level
Red = way above my current level

Offline bailey90

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #239 on: May 27, 2015, 09:35:50 pm »
Means they are way below my current level.

Grey =  below current
Green = In my current level
Pink = Just above my current level
Red = way above my current level

Oh shit, I didn't know that. I need to start doing some of my greyed out missions then.