Author Topic: GTA V  (Read 373568 times)

Offline LOKKO

• Legacy Fan
  • what chu talkin' bout willis?
Re: GTA V
« Reply #5280 on: July 27, 2022, 07:28:36 pm »

Online voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #5281 on: July 27, 2022, 07:29:40 pm »
2 hour single player game using 3% of the map then the rest is all "gta online 2"

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5282 on: July 27, 2022, 07:34:59 pm »
Few more details here...

https://twitter.com/GTANet/status/1552320389585551360

Previously: Rockstar criticised for pushing employees to their limits.
Now: Employees quit Rockstar because of lack of progress, criticise managers put in place to manage their workload.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5283 on: July 28, 2022, 12:22:36 pm »
According to Bloomberg the next GTA will be set in Vice City, scheduled for 2024 and features a female protagonist.

Hopefully it's like some bonnie and clyde type thing, would be good fun.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #5284 on: July 28, 2022, 12:29:06 pm »
Yeah that sounds like a good twist that they've not done before....it'll take them a good couple of years just working out how to tell the story without offending someone
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5285 on: July 28, 2022, 12:38:10 pm »
The worrying thing for me is how much they put into the story compared to how much they will be putting into live updates/GTA Online 2.0.

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5286 on: July 28, 2022, 02:43:55 pm »
The worrying thing for me is how much they put into the story compared to how much they will be putting into live updates/GTA Online 2.0.

Depends how much the writers put into the story. Before Red Dead 2 came out, the worry was that the single player campaign was just a storefront for the online component, which was the main focus of the game. As it turned out, the RDR2 story was Dan Houser's precious. A bit too much story for many.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #5287 on: July 28, 2022, 10:35:21 pm »
According to Bloomberg the next GTA will be set in Vice City, scheduled for 2024 and features a female protagonist.

Hopefully it's like some bonnie and clyde type thing, would be good fun.

she will be black as well

but it's sort of sad we act like even that would be notable in 2022. Sigh.

Ah well. If the world is great - the real draw of their games - I'll buckle in. Want something a bit dirtier, heavier, less gloss. Not LA. Emergent gameplay too - stop scripting everything in missions

Missions out in the open world is a next step but Rockstar wanna be directors so much they won't do it. Though Hausers going....  shrug

Looking for GTA to be your "satirical" comedy god is also, let's be honest, naff - I enjoy it playing but it's not a comedy hallmark
« Last Edit: July 28, 2022, 10:36:54 pm by ToneLa »

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #5288 on: July 28, 2022, 11:31:50 pm »
They need to completely overhaul the gameplay mechanics and the awful loop of drive to this place, collect the thing, drive it back to where you started. It's old, it's tired and it's been done to death in both gta v and rdr2. The fact that they're saying this will be very different from previous games does give me a bit of confidence that this might be what they're doing but I guess we'll see.

Offline Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5289 on: July 29, 2022, 02:08:56 pm »
Female protagonist is long overdue. Looking forward to it!

Offline dalarr

• hästarr. Call me sensitive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5290 on: July 29, 2022, 07:55:52 pm »
Vice City is a promising start. Hope this will be a massive single player game

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5291 on: July 30, 2022, 08:56:30 pm »
They need to completely overhaul the gameplay mechanics and the awful loop of drive to this place, collect the thing, drive it back to where you started. It's old, it's tired and it's been done to death in both gta v and rdr2. The fact that they're saying this will be very different from previous games does give me a bit of confidence that this might be what they're doing but I guess we'll see.

I hope we get to go bowling with our cousin

Offline stevieG786

• Prefers bottom.
  • Legacy Fan
  • AWWW YA BEAUTY!!
« Reply #5292 on: September 6, 2022, 12:35:45 pm »
Yeah something really different would be fun. It's not just about location, it's also about time period.

Something in London, or UK based (Manchester and Liverpool for example!) would be very cool but it'll never happen. They've been pretty clear about that.

If you assume the US is mandatory, then Florida would be a fun setting. Miami, Orlando, New Orleans. Loads to play with.

GTA 6 - United Arab Emirates

Offline kopite321

• Bi-polar skyscraper
  • Kopite
« Reply #5293 on: September 6, 2022, 12:49:21 pm »
GTA 6 - United Arab Emirates

GTA6 - The Wirral Years.
During the recording sessions in Los Angeles, Spector held Johnny at gunpoint, forcing him to repeatedly play a riff.

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5294 on: September 18, 2022, 07:25:31 am »
Lots of early build GTAVI videos floating around:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GfPx1yAxQ0
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5295 on: September 18, 2022, 08:05:29 am »
Yeah that's definitely GTA6.

Offline kopite321

• Bi-polar skyscraper
  • Kopite
« Reply #5296 on: September 18, 2022, 08:46:03 am »
Yep...think that's real.
During the recording sessions in Los Angeles, Spector held Johnny at gunpoint, forcing him to repeatedly play a riff.

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5297 on: September 18, 2022, 09:49:57 am »
Yeah I am looking at this discussion and have looked through the videos. The sky matches RDR2's cloud system. Looks real enough.

A shame, seems a malicious targeted attack, with source code leaked.

But I remember seeing GTAV leaked on Vine back in the day.

Online Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #5298 on: September 18, 2022, 03:11:30 pm »
Pretty sure the leaks are legit, it aligns with the talk a few months back about a Bonnie and Clyde like story and having a female protagonist.

From what I'm reading the videos are from 2019, so 3 years ago. That could be a good thing to indicate the release isn't that far away, maybe some time next year.

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5299 on: September 18, 2022, 05:17:10 pm »
There is absolutely no question they're legit

I am a game Dev for the Playstation.... I recognise some of the devkit  :D

It's also wildly impressive for a fake. Yeah let's not debate it being fake

Let's get excited for plqying as Lucia

Online voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #5300 on: September 18, 2022, 05:27:13 pm »
there'd be no point someone going through that much effort to make a fake.

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5301 on: September 18, 2022, 05:38:17 pm »

Robbery system looks a lot more involved.
Decent leak. Maybe old footage, but it's to me between alpha and beta here. 30fps all the way (means nothing that early in game dev)

Lucia is thicc. Doesn't look white af to me. Already seen twitter freakouts about this, but of course

Robbery system looks a bit more appealing than Yet More Heists. The clouds look the same volumetric kind as RDR2. Some of the animation is great, namely the crawling and the way Lucia hunkers into the wrong side of the cop car in the robbery scene

There's a few scenes with trees and the quality of light is hard to discern but there's parts of this that seem nicely realistic. Of course one of the first models they seem to have finished is a pedestrian bikini girl and of course there's a strip club 👙

Hope the black dude is playable in this, as opposed to only Lucia and Jason's Honeybunny and Pumpkin duo

Vice City subway and cop car branding is in albeit as placeholder. Everglades hovercraft action

Fabulous to see characters of different heights. Finally! Seems more variable in such respects

There is a video of a street corner and it reminded me of the "cars travelling at independent speeds" patent Rockstar put in a while back. Stuff like that and the RDR2 conversation system - and going from the debugger in the robbery scene they have quite some depth - is going to help the cohesion of the open world for sure

I hope narratively it spends more time being somewhat low key. GTAV was Hollywood Heists. I hope this is Florida Stick-ups.

As ever with GTA it'll live or die based on its open world but I'm up for this one. Doesn't feel very Vice City here, which conjures neon and the eighties. But who knows.

I find it interesting the button prompts are 1) PlayStation and 2) being white that's actually in the Sony PS5 compliance documents. It isn't using a Sony devkit afaik. Gtaforums seems to think it's crossgen but I'm not convinced but would not be surprised. think I see some of the PS4 devkit in it at points. Most is PC footage

Backwater robberies, coming soon. In 2024 or something lol

restaurant robbery video

https://youtube.com/watch?v=9GfPx1yAxQ0

Online Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #5302 on: September 18, 2022, 05:42:09 pm »
Am I the only one seeing the nod to Pulp Fiction with the restaurant robbery scene? Could be a coincidence like, but Rockstar don't often do coincidences.

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5303 on: September 18, 2022, 06:10:01 pm »
Am I the only one seeing the nod to Pulp Fiction with the restaurant robbery scene? Could be a coincidence like, but Rockstar don't often do coincidences.

I just saaaid

Hope the black dude is playable in this, as opposed to only Lucia and Jason's Honeybunny and Pumpkin duo

So, the old trope is true.

Anytime you say "am I the only one....." You're not
 ;D

Online Fiasco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #5304 on: September 18, 2022, 06:23:43 pm »
I just saaaid

So, the old trope is true.

Anytime you say "am I the only one....." You're not
 ;D

Ah, I posted only a couple of minutes after you did, I didn't see your post :D

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #5305 on: September 18, 2022, 06:34:25 pm »
Looks like they've copy pasted that unmistakably ancient/shite Rockstar combat.

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5306 on: September 18, 2022, 08:11:21 pm »
Looks like they've copy pasted that unmistakably ancient/shite Rockstar combat.

Well, it's alpha / beta... I wouldn't judge toooooo harshly

I really would love GOOD combat in these games though

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #5307 on: September 19, 2022, 09:05:26 am »

Yeah good shout :thumbup
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5308 on: September 19, 2022, 11:20:52 am »
Well, it's alpha / beta... I wouldn't judge toooooo harshly

I really would love GOOD combat in these games though
It's the movement in Rockstar games that bugs me, input delay/lag, character doesn't stop when you do, their world building etc is fantastic, but that aspect ruined RDR2 in particular for me.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #5309 on: April 29, 2023, 02:49:40 pm »
This Scottish guy sounds like the fella from Love Fist (GTA Vice City)  (Caller #2)

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Pjo4DQnLsiA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Pjo4DQnLsiA</a>

"You talk about inner rage, yes! I am filled with rage.... because of this demonic, despotic, satanic dynasty..."

Listen to the guy off Love Fist. This has to be a wind up :D
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5310 on: June 10, 2023, 10:26:14 pm »
It's the movement in Rockstar games that bugs me, input delay/lag, character doesn't stop when you do, their world building etc is fantastic, but that aspect ruined RDR2 in particular for me.

I get it for rdr2 but play in first person and you don't have all the weird positioning to open drawers stuff.

You can also calibrate the controls a little bit (turn off hold to do things for example)

Can you stop quickly if you're running full pelt though?

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #5311 on: September 17, 2023, 06:11:51 pm »
10 years old today. Debuted on the Playstation 3/Xbox 360. Still going today and has made approx $7.7 Billion over that time

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5312 on: September 17, 2023, 06:44:54 pm »
Could never get into it. Rockstar games, with the exception of RDR2, just bore me.

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #5313 on: September 17, 2023, 06:52:15 pm »
and one day they'll finally release a new one. or at least an intro to gta online 2 anyway.

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #5314 on: September 17, 2023, 09:56:52 pm »
10 years old today. Debuted on the Playstation 3/Xbox 360. Still going today and has made approx $7.7 Billion over that time

Well they've made a money printing machine haven't they but the fact we've not had a GTA6 makes me so mad.
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5315 on: September 18, 2023, 12:10:10 am »
If it's going to be another multiple character story campaign I'm not going to bother.

I remember the anticipation I had for San Andreas (I queued outside a shop to get my preorder on day 1) and GTA IV, which I'd preordered online and actually came two days early, but because Rockstar have wrung the life out of the last entry, I'm just completely apathetic about GTA as a series/franchise, if you want to make me happy remaster the Max Payne series, or better yet release a new one.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #5316 on: September 18, 2023, 04:44:27 am »
Max Payne 1 to 3 (non-remastered of course) is available on the Xbox store. Still worth a playthrough for sure
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5317 on: September 18, 2023, 08:35:31 am »
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline blacksun

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5318 on: September 19, 2023, 12:11:41 am »
If it's going to be another multiple character story campaign I'm not going to bother.

I remember the anticipation I had for San Andreas (I queued outside a shop to get my preorder on day 1) and GTA IV, which I'd preordered online and actually came two days early, but because Rockstar have wrung the life out of the last entry, I'm just completely apathetic about GTA as a series/franchise, if you want to make me happy remaster the Max Payne series, or better yet release a new one.

It is, 2 main protagonists.

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5319 on: September 19, 2023, 06:06:27 am »
I liked the multi character approach because it allowed to me indulge in various approaches - the sociopath, the boy from the hood with a heart of gold, the mob boss who wants to go straight but can't resist the allure of wealth and power. I have a tendency to try to be "good" in these games, like in RDR I would always try to settle duels non lethally and I haven't even held up a store that wasn't part of the main story arc. But GTAV gave us Trevor, which meant I could go on a meth fuelled murder spree. That element had kind of been lost to the franchise since GTA3's mute anti hero allowed us to imagine varying levels of darkness. Hopefully GTA6 gives us that dichotomy between its two lead characters.