Author Topic: Re: Liverpool Women FC (away vs Bristol - 20/04 - 12:30 ko) (*)  (Read 596195 times)

Offline kellan

• Inventor of the most evil 'Stepping On Lego' curse. Cross her at your peril! Icelandic Pleasuredrone and a truly, unruly yet outrageous gem.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Liverpool Women FC (Championship winners 2021-22, promoted back to WSL!!!) (*)
« Reply #3880 on: September 21, 2022, 03:27:28 pm »
Do the LFC Women do rehab at Kirkby?
They've got their own medical team but I couldn't tell you where it's based. I would presume with the rest of the set-up, at Tranmere. The team does go to Kirkby when there's a reason to, it's not like they never ever use the facility. If it's thought that rehab would be benefited by the resources at Kirkby, I'm sure they'd be turned to.

Offline kellan

• Inventor of the most evil 'Stepping On Lego' curse. Cross her at your peril! Icelandic Pleasuredrone and a truly, unruly yet outrageous gem.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Liverpool Women FC (Championship winners 2021-22, promoted back to WSL!!!) (*)
« Reply #3881 on: September 21, 2022, 03:40:34 pm »
The Reading match that the queen selfishly cancelled has been rescheduled for Thur 24th Nov, 7pm KO. Not the best for fans, but it slots into the fixture list as good as we could probably have hoped for. Few days after Brighton away, but then there's an international window after.

LeoT - your ticket is still valid, and you've got until 24hrs before KO to get a refund if you can't make it.

Offline LeoT

• ayer - makes me feel like daaaancin'...... Is now officially a wannabeliever......
  • Anny Roader
  • My cup is barely even half empty
« Reply #3882 on: September 23, 2022, 09:37:37 am »
Thanks or the info Kellan.

I'm hoping to go to the Brighton match, and I think I can probably drive to the Reading one after work.

The Reading match that the queen selfishly cancelled has been rescheduled for Thur 24th Nov, 7pm KO. Not the best for fans, but it slots into the fixture list as good as we could probably have hoped for. Few days after Brighton away, but then there's an international window after.

LeoT - your ticket is still valid, and you've got until 24hrs before KO to get a refund if you can't make it.
My cup is barely even half empty

Offline kellan

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3883 on: September 23, 2022, 12:22:41 pm »
van de Sanden not fit for Everton. Wardlaw is available, however. And Kiernan isn't expected back until the new year, which I was expecting anyway but it's still disappointing to see it confirmed.

Tickets/parking for the derby are on sale until 4pm today if anyone is still interested.

Offline LeoT

• ayer - makes me feel like daaaancin'...... Is now officially a wannabeliever......
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #3884 on: September 23, 2022, 11:51:14 pm »
Is Ashley Hodson back from her loan?
I'm sure I could see her near the start of the Inside Training video.

van de Sanden not fit for Everton. Wardlaw is available, however. And Kiernan isn't expected back until the new year, which I was expecting anyway but it's still disappointing to see it confirmed.

Tickets/parking for the derby are on sale until 4pm today if anyone is still interested.

Offline kellan

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3885 on: September 24, 2022, 08:34:36 am »
Is Ashley Hodson back from her loan?
I'm sure I could see her near the start of the Inside Training video.
Nice spot.

I just checked Birmingham's matches. They've played three in the league so far. She started one and was subbed off. Came on as a sub in another and scored. She wasn't in their match squad last weekend, so I wonder if we might have called her back even before Kiernan's injury? Bit strange that neither club has acknowledged it that I can see.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #3886 on: September 24, 2022, 01:25:51 pm »
Excuse my ignorance, but who funds the womens teams? If its the same owners as the mens teams, what will be the affects of the growth of womens football over the next few years on the clubs as a whole?
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3887 on: September 24, 2022, 02:02:53 pm »
John Henry and FSG own the entire club, so a Women's team with LFC on their shirts is also owned by them. :D

I'm not sure they've invested much though, but I 'm hoping I'm wrong on that count. They are putting in money for the Women's training centre though.

Offline kellan

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3888 on: September 24, 2022, 03:26:00 pm »
The team is part-funding itself, with the club making up the necessary difference. 'Necessary difference' being the amount it prefers to put in, most likely.

The last info I can find re: investment amounts was a 27% increase for 18/19, a further 21% increase for 19/20, and 24% for 20/21

The last details of a budget that isn't covid-impacted: loss narrowed from £313k to £5k in 2020, with revenue up 55%/£595k from £1.1m to £1.7m. Expenses up 20%/£284k to £1.7m. Commercial at £1.4m accounts for 83% of revenue. Wage bill up 21% to just under £1m.

Your guess is as good as mine for what the numbers are today.

Offline Elzar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #3889 on: September 24, 2022, 05:43:43 pm »
The team is part-funding itself, with the club making up the necessary difference. 'Necessary difference' being the amount it prefers to put in, most likely.

The last info I can find re: investment amounts was a 27% increase for 18/19, a further 21% increase for 19/20, and 24% for 20/21

The last details of a budget that isn't covid-impacted: loss narrowed from £313k to £5k in 2020, with revenue up 55%/£595k from £1.1m to £1.7m. Expenses up 20%/£284k to £1.7m. Commercial at £1.4m accounts for 83% of revenue. Wage bill up 21% to just under £1m.

Your guess is as good as mine for what the numbers are today.

Interesting, just wondering how it will go with the womens game progressing and growing, you’d expect numbers to bump up of cost and income. Hopefully the sportwashing type clubs don’t bump up the wages etc so much that it makes it difficult for other clubs to progress
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline kellan

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3890 on: September 25, 2022, 11:19:48 am »
Interesting, just wondering how it will go with the womens game progressing and growing, you’d expect numbers to bump up of cost and income. Hopefully the sportwashing type clubs don’t bump up the wages etc so much that it makes it difficult for other clubs to progress
The WSL does have its own version of FFP, so to speak. I haven't seen the regulations for the current season, so can't give specifics. But the FA has long tried to set spending rules. I suppose those rules are more for the sake of making sure clubs are living within their means, given how easy it is for smaller ones to find themselves completely unable to function should something as relatively minor as a single sponsor walking away happen. I wouldn't say reining clubs in has ever been the FA's intent. The rules have always allowed those who want to invest to be able to do that. Which makes sense, since the sport is hardly finished in its development.

The cost of operating a top women's team is a drop in the ocean for the have-lots, so you're right that clubs who are already big spenders could easily make themselves a force in the women's game if they wished to, really blowing out of the water any club who prefers to run themselves with even a semblance of self-sufficiency. There still needs to be that wish, however. I would say things as they stand are just about still sensible enough for there to be the kind of on-pitch parity that every league needs. Hopefully that remains, because I don't for a second expect FSG will adopt a drastically different business model for the women's team than the one that currently runs the men's.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #3891 on: September 25, 2022, 02:16:31 pm »
Going the derby later, can't wait.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #3892 on: September 25, 2022, 03:58:39 pm »
Going the derby later, can't wait.

Post-match report, in some detail, please...  :D
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3893 on: September 25, 2022, 04:35:24 pm »
Post-match report, in some detail, please...  :D

It's on BT
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #3894 on: September 25, 2022, 04:56:13 pm »

It's on BT

Not readily available stateside, though...

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #3895 on: September 25, 2022, 05:08:15 pm »
Liverpool vs Everton is live on Sky in the UK: Sky Sports Main Event, Sky Sports Football, Sky Sports Premier League, Sky Showcase - www.live-footballontv.com

The match should be live on Paramount+ in the USA - www.livesoccertv.com/match/4384178/liverpool-vs-everton (also has listings for many other countries)

and there's always the streams - http://mz.freestreams-live1.com/sky-sp-mainevent & http://mz.freestreams-live1.com/skysmain

60+ Stream sites for the 2022/23 season : www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.0

^ aka the pinned 'Some useful info for following the football + TV, Streams, & Highlights etc' thread in the 'General Football and Sport' section of RAWK.

Decent stream sites for womens footy: https://js.freestreams-live1.com : www.4stream.gg/b/football.html : www.daddylive.pro : www.hesgoal.com : https://anonima.to/b/football : www.goatd.me : https://elixx.xyz : https://totalsportek.pro : www.vipboxtv.sk : https://ovopremium.com : https://ww1.pawastreams.live : http://weakstreams.com/soccer-streams : https://mamahd.best/watch-football-live : https://nizarstream.com : https://footybite.to : www.hockeyweb.live/schedule : www.redditsoccerstreams.app : www.redditsoccerstreams.tv

« Last Edit: December 7, 2022, 05:59:42 pm by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Elzar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #3897 on: September 25, 2022, 06:26:51 pm »
It's on Sky showcase.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3898 on: September 25, 2022, 06:30:39 pm »

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3899 on: September 25, 2022, 06:31:12 pm »
 :)

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #3900 on: September 25, 2022, 06:38:21 pm »
Not readily available stateside, though...

Paramount Plus.. live now
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline afc tukrish

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #3901 on: September 25, 2022, 06:40:25 pm »
Sky Sports isn’t it?

What?!!!

WAP gave out fraudulent, mistaken info?

I say, I say... ;D

Offline afc tukrish

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Flat Back Four

Offline TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #3903 on: September 25, 2022, 06:55:25 pm »
Been coming that.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3904 on: September 25, 2022, 07:16:07 pm »
How cool is that piccy?

;D

I pity the fool up against her at CM in a decade or so

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3905 on: September 25, 2022, 07:19:46 pm »
She's a special little player isn't she.

Offline Boston always unofficial

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3906 on: September 25, 2022, 07:38:04 pm »
Not much to cheer about in that first half.

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #3907 on: September 25, 2022, 08:31:03 pm »
Game over. Liverpool totally blunt.

Offline smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3908 on: September 25, 2022, 08:32:16 pm »
Why run on the pitch? Absolute weirdos.

Offline jaygraham

• Fiction is not the same as FACT
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC
« Reply #3909 on: September 25, 2022, 08:32:46 pm »
Awful.

A huge opportunity for the women’s team wasted.
It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here/ and i'm most obliged to you for making it clear/ that i'm not here

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #3910 on: September 25, 2022, 08:33:56 pm »
Why run on the pitch? Absolute weirdos.

Everton fans?

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #3911 on: September 25, 2022, 08:34:32 pm »
Everton look good. Liverpool look newly promoted. Still haven’t scored in open play.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #3912 on: September 25, 2022, 08:45:03 pm »
Matt Beard needs to buy Jess Park. Good player.

I think our lasses let the occasion get to them. They need more matches at Anfield to get used to the atmosphere and pressure.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline kellan

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3913 on: September 25, 2022, 08:45:19 pm »
I really don't know what to say about that except even the stewarding was a shit the bed performance. Three separate pitch incursions and three Everton goals. Embarrassing all round.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #3914 on: September 25, 2022, 09:27:28 pm »
Everton fans?

It seemed to be happening every time we had a set piece so yeah, probably. Don’t mind the kids doing it so much but I’m pretty sure it was a full grown man who got tackled at the end there.

Disappointing, that. Second half was better but the game was already gone by then, enjoyed the atmosphere in 305. Everton are miles ahead of us, sadly.

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3915 on: September 25, 2022, 10:44:18 pm »
that Jess Park is a baller. Everton also play pretty good football.

We needed way more creativity really. Our few chances mainly were from set pieces (how huge is that thrown-in by the way?!?). no real standout performances other than the couple subs later who gave us a bit of something.

Wonder what the club were hoping/expecting for in terms of turnout to this match?
YNWA.

Offline LeoT

• Anny Roader
« Reply #3916 on: September 25, 2022, 11:47:17 pm »
We were overwhelmed by the occasion, so well & truly beaten.
I think it was a mistake to play Taylor Hinds in the font 3, maybe Yana should have started.

Can't help but thinking it could have been a whole different game if Keirnan or Van Der Sanden played, without their pace we offered no threat going forward all game long.
Ceri Holland was good again, but Missy Bo played poorly.
I think the issue was they had 5 in midfield and we only have 4 (2 central mids and 2 wing backs) so could not get hold of the ball.

Today was a bad day at the office, I'm sure better days will come soon.

Offline paisley1977

• Legacy Fan
  • Bob an ordinary man of extraordinary greatness.
« Reply #3917 on: September 26, 2022, 03:12:21 pm »
Their team looked like they had a game plan. Our team looked like they had never met before.
I've been here during the bad times,we finished second once.

Offline LeoT

• Anny Roader
« Reply #3918 on: September 27, 2022, 06:55:55 pm »

I can't get my head around why people feel the need to run onto the pitch.
Very sad that these attention seeking idiots have now started doing it in the womens game too.

I get worried for the players and refs every time one of these incidents take place, even more worried when there are so many kids in the crowd.

I really don't know what to say about that except even the stewarding was a shit the bed performance. Three separate pitch incursions and three Everton goals. Embarrassing all round.

Offline kellan

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3919 on: September 28, 2022, 03:44:23 pm »
I can't get my head around why people feel the need to run onto the pitch.
Very sad that these attention seeking idiots have now started doing it in the womens game too.

I get worried for the players and refs every time one of these incidents take place, even more worried when there are so many kids in the crowd.
At least the law has been changed now. Before July of this year, women's matches weren't counted on the list of those where pitch encroachment can be dealt with as a criminal offence. I have no idea what will happen to the kids who ran on because they were only kids (though hardly young enough to not have known better). No idea what will happen to the grown man either, because there's no precedent here - but it is now possible that he will get those criminal charges if it's thought fitting.

Fortunately, with the exception of one of the boys who interacted with Laws a little, nobody who ran on paid the least bit of attention to the players and officials and clearly just wanted to torment the stewards. That wasn't the case with Sam Kerr last December though, when she ended up being the one to put the young lad who invaded Chelsea's pitch on his arse because the stewarding was nowhere near as robust as seen as Anfield on Sunday. That's the concern really. The average WSL match won't have a small army of hi vis vests and that one particular Anfield steward in the yellow jacket who was prepared to sprint all night and rugby tackle when it became necessary. But the WSL is now visible enough for incidents of pitch invasion to be seen and inspire, and especially if people are still under the impression that consequences won't be as heavy just because it's not a PL pitch they're running around on.