Author Topic: Pointless  (Read 46735 times)

Online Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Pointless
« Reply #840 on: December 10, 2015, 05:52:18 pm »
Great little round just been on.  Showed you group pictures of the main cast from the films Reservoir Dogs and The Magnificient Seven and they had to name the actors.

I got Eddie Bunker (Mr Blue) for 1 point

The only pointless answer was Lawrence Tierney who played  Joe Cabot in Dogs. 

Offline quinny

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #841 on: December 17, 2015, 05:37:29 pm »
Some of the scores on this are baffling. Just had a round on 'numerical values', with one question being 'how many days are there in a leap year?'. The number of people that knew it was 74 - how can more than 1 in 4 people go through life without knowing how many days there are in a leap year ???

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #842 on: January 11, 2016, 05:17:33 pm »
Must be a Bowie answer on the show today as they just had to announce that the show was recorded before his death yesterday.

Online Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #843 on: January 11, 2016, 05:26:05 pm »
Some of the scores on this are baffling. Just had a round on 'numerical values', with one question being 'how many days are there in a leap year?'. The number of people that knew it was 74 - how can more than 1 in 4 people go through life without knowing how many days there are in a leap year ???

Id guess that the random 100 people who get asked can only answer once and the first answer is taken.  I reckon a few would misunderstand the question and say 29 (thinking of how many days in Feb during a leap year).   In the heat of the moment, a few might get mixed up and subtract a day instead of adding one on and say 364 days.

And like you suggest, a few are pure and simple thick as fook :)

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #844 on: January 12, 2016, 10:58:20 am »
Anyone see Lawrenson answer Alaska for a country beginning with A in the FA Cup special.  The stupid Pienaar.

Online redtel

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sir Roger-Scored first goal ever on MOTD.
« Reply #845 on: January 14, 2016, 07:04:17 pm »

Never mind a leap year. How many days are there in a year?

I reckon this would be a lot lower than you think. 60?

:-\
We are definitely believers and we’ve won the fucking lot!

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #846 on: April 14, 2016, 05:19:03 pm »
Anyone watching/playing?  It's Authors of the 100 Favourite Books chosen by teachers.

I'm going Dick King-Smith, John Steinbeck, Arthur Miller...
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #847 on: January 12, 2017, 03:16:24 pm »
Anyone else see this last night, it's gone viral today, was a bit mad. The girl basically randomly picked Henrik Larsson as a name in the final due to her boyfriend being a Celtic fan and won £2,250.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-38597930
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Online Lee1-6Liv

• Daddy Discord
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #848 on: January 13, 2017, 07:48:20 pm »
Couple won tonight by answering Milan Baros as part of liverpools champions league winning final squad.

Other pointless answers were finnan, kewell, Garcia, traore, biscan and Nunez.

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #849 on: January 13, 2017, 08:03:34 pm »
Couple won tonight by answering Milan Baros as part of liverpools champions league winning final squad.

Can't believe Garcia was pointless!!
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #850 on: January 13, 2017, 08:17:35 pm »
Can't believe Garcia was pointless!!

A ghost no-point
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Online JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #851 on: January 13, 2017, 10:50:51 pm »

And Carson and Josemi. What a bench we had :D

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #852 on: January 16, 2017, 05:54:14 pm »
1000th episode, with Richard asking the questions. And the best double act on kids tv through the ages, Trevor & Simon

Online Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #853 on: January 16, 2017, 09:07:29 pm »
Id guess that the random 100 people who get asked can only answer once and the first answer is taken.  I reckon a few would misunderstand the question and say 29 (thinking of how many days in Feb during a leap year).   In the heat of the moment, a few might get mixed up and subtract a day instead of adding one on and say 364 days.

To be honest I was reading his post and the first thing that popped into my head was 364 ;D

Gonna burn my degree now brb.
:D

Offline Rysoph76

• 43yo GCSE student. Hello, Hoodie Hater!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dangerous lurker
« Reply #854 on: January 17, 2017, 01:57:38 pm »

I'm part of a survey answering panel and I occasionally get pointless surveys. Before I did them, I could never understand some of the higher scores but the way you receive the question means that time is quite tight so you probably do miss people
Stay young and invincible. Come what may we're unstoppable.

Offline Musketeer Gripweed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #855 on: April 10, 2022, 09:38:34 pm »
Richard Osman stepping down from the show then to write books or something.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #856 on: September 23, 2022, 01:54:39 pm »
Richard Osman stepping down from the show then to write books or something.

It's weird watching it without him.

They're basically having different guest presenters every month or so.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #857 on: September 23, 2022, 01:56:04 pm »
It's weird watching it without him.

They're basically having different guest presenters every month or so.

That role seems a bit.... pointless... now. He fitted the nerdy kind of behind the laptop character so well.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks