Author Topic: Zlatan Ibrahimovic  (Read 324291 times)

Offline Fiend

• Want's a Mod to 'give him one'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Got Weird Enough For Me
Re: Zlatan Ibrahimovic
« Reply #120 on: July 12, 2006, 12:58:05 pm »
Zlatlan's got incredible pace for such a big man. I'd love to see Rafa try to handle him. Would prefer Trezegeut myself but they are both superb strikers

Offline fudge

• RAWK Gaylord
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm a swine, its my nature"
    • Fat man dancing
« Reply #121 on: July 12, 2006, 01:03:00 pm »
Have never seen whats justified the hype myself. Sure he's a good player but can't see what he's going to offer us over Crouch
Rubber Dinghy Rapids....

Offline stjohns

• ambliance or precinct we're not sure......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #122 on: July 12, 2006, 01:04:19 pm »
Sorry, I know this is off thread, but its a shame we can't revert to the old badge that's spinning around on here. 'Twas a thing of beauty.

Offline Kaizer

• Quaresmatic
  • Legacy Fan
  • Wonder is the beginning of wisdom.
« Reply #123 on: July 12, 2006, 01:13:56 pm »
Have never seen whats justified the hype myself. Sure he's a good player but can't see what he's going to offer us over Crouch

This might give you an idea Fudge.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXdBHsGEAC0&search=Zlatan%20skills
There will always be more sheep than shepherds.

“One of my favourites is Ricardo Quaresma. The day I go back to coaching I will do everything possible to sign him. Quaresma could make any club have that extra step up in quality.” - M.Lippi, August 2007

Just fuckin sign him!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzSNuQHwZLE

Offline Garstonite

• Scouse Wash House
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #124 on: July 12, 2006, 01:17:32 pm »

Skill past Biscan? How dare he moketh the great man? Not only shouldn't we sign him but we should burn him at the stake.

Offline IrishDave

• This custom title is invisible
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert clever comment here ............
« Reply #125 on: July 12, 2006, 01:32:52 pm »
For what it's worth (nothing) my opinion is that I just cannot see Rafa going for a guy with such a bad attitude. Bellamy was one thing but at least he was a boyhood Liverpool fan and Rafa had mentioned that his desire to play for Liverpool was a major selling point.

Ibrahimovic has done things on a football field that have had me gasping in admiration. However he just doesn't do it enough, which is a pity because I really believe that underneath his arrogance, laziness and generally being a prick there is a fantastic footballer waiting to get out.

In short... not for me.

What I would really like is for Juve to be relegated to Serie C and old Zlatan having to ply his trade in the lower leagues. Might teach him some humility.
Keep your friends close & your enemies won't matter

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
« Reply #126 on: July 12, 2006, 01:33:45 pm »
Anymore sources for this? That Swedish site is, well, in Swedish. Didn't see a mention of Liverpool anywhere.
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline NickoH

• Has to fart in private to avoid offending the posh guys and gals in the Marketing Dept
  • Legacy Fan
  • Speak softly love so no one hears us but the sky
« Reply #127 on: July 12, 2006, 01:40:16 pm »
Over-rated........
I clutch the wire fence until my fingers bleed,
A wound that will not heal, a heart that cannot feel.
Hoping that the horror will recede,
Hoping that tomorrow we'll all be freed.........JUSTICE.

Offline Mickey Gordon

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #128 on: July 12, 2006, 01:41:08 pm »
4 pages on something that is not going to happen
only the ball or player goes past Peletta never both

Offline Kaizer

• Quaresmatic
  • Legacy Fan
  • Wonder is the beginning of wisdom.
« Reply #129 on: July 12, 2006, 01:41:40 pm »
Anymore sources for this? That Swedish site is, well, in Swedish. Didn't see a mention of Liverpool anywhere.

The Swedish newspaper are referring to Guillem Balague and what he said about Rafa waiting to see what happens in Italy regarding Zlatan and Trezeguet.

The main story is a link to Inter to be honest.
There will always be more sheep than shepherds.

“One of my favourites is Ricardo Quaresma. The day I go back to coaching I will do everything possible to sign him. Quaresma could make any club have that extra step up in quality.” - M.Lippi, August 2007

Just fuckin sign him!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzSNuQHwZLE

Offline Jens from Sweden

• "We havent bid for him and never will. Torres wont come here someone fucking quote me on this"
  • Kopite
  • Momo Sissoko- size does matter
« Reply #130 on: July 12, 2006, 01:43:47 pm »
Yes Balague mentioned that Zlatan was on Rafa´s wishlist, but that Rafa won´t make his move before Juve are relegated.

Then I actually think that we were rumoured to be after him in Rafa´s first season at LFC. Rafa has been scouting him, taht´s for sure.
the more i look at it the more i think with mourihno in charge of us w'd have a better chance of winning the league.
I quoted you so we all can laugh at your foolness.

Offline reeop

• Anny Roader
« Reply #131 on: July 12, 2006, 01:52:23 pm »
Zlatan has really good skills with his feet and can hold the ball up although he doesn't score that often and has a mediocre header for a big guy, sounds familiar?

A while back he was twice the player compared to Crouch. Nowadays he has hit an injury streak and lack shape while our Crouchie has improved tenfolds, not sure we need him these days.

Offline Jens from Sweden

• "We havent bid for him and never will. Torres wont come here someone fucking quote me on this"
  • Kopite
« Reply #132 on: July 12, 2006, 01:57:24 pm »
Zlatan is so much more than a target-man. He is like Ronaldinho and Crouch in one person.
the more i look at it the more i think with mourihno in charge of us w'd have a better chance of winning the league.

Offline reeop

• Anny Roader
« Reply #133 on: July 12, 2006, 02:00:33 pm »
Ja Jens, Zlatan och jag, vi är från samma stad, no? But we have to face the fact that he is pretty slow to begin with and serie A style football probably suits him best. In a fast paced premiership it'd be too much of a gamble to buy him when we have Crouchinho already;)

Offline Cookie-7-

• Legacy Fan
  • Hold your head up high, there will be a golden sky
« Reply #134 on: July 12, 2006, 02:00:41 pm »

Never rated him myself, though you have to admit that there are skills here Crouch can only dream of.  Ajax goal was something else too :o despite the dodgy defending.
There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary and those who don't.

Offline Djimi_Case

• RAWK Supporter
  • Main Stander
« Reply #135 on: July 12, 2006, 02:07:09 pm »
Zlatan is so much more than a target-man. He is like Ronaldinho and Crouch in one person.

I wouldn't want to be his dentist then... ;D
We are Liverpool... tralalalala...

Offline Nikko

• Kemlynite
« Reply #136 on: July 12, 2006, 02:08:11 pm »
I don't want to see him in our club, he's overrated and his attitude is very bad. Luckily, he seems to be going to Inter.

Offline Cookie-7-

• Legacy Fan
  • Hold your head up high, there will be a golden sky
« Reply #137 on: July 12, 2006, 02:09:58 pm »

Crouchinho?  You never heard of him? :o :D
There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary and those who don't.

Offline kaz1983

• "Bloody Memory Wavers" Currently in debt with RAWK.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well dunno what to say, honest

Offline Jens from Sweden

• Kopite
« Reply #139 on: July 12, 2006, 02:32:28 pm »
We all know that Rafa wants all-round players. That´s why I think that he wants Zlatan. He is the complete attacker and only 23 yrs old. He can bring so much to the team and is still young enough to learn Rafa´s ideas. I really hope he comes here.  :)

Offline zigackly

• ...is Cassius Clay
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You're ferpectly right.
« Reply #140 on: July 12, 2006, 02:48:01 pm »
Don't rate him. Would take Trezeguet in a flash though.
A liar will not be believed, even when he speaks the truth.

Offline mkarim

• Main Stander
  • get in!
« Reply #141 on: July 12, 2006, 02:59:43 pm »
imagine having imbrahimovic bellamy and then pennant! but i think zlatan will be brill for us him and bellamy could form a great partnership
"gerrrraaaaaaard! oh ya beautay!"
YNWA

Offline Scarlet`

• Low profile with wide rims
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96!!!
    • Laconius Arts and Design
« Reply #142 on: July 12, 2006, 03:00:25 pm »
He's got pace, height and technical ability.......>.>
If Ayre got £25m out of them he's willing to fuck all the female members of my family on Sunday's.

Offline TheRedBull

• 4x1=5
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #143 on: July 12, 2006, 03:00:25 pm »
Don't rate him. Would take Trezeguet in a flash though.
I know it is nothing about their abilities but Trzeguet is 28 while Zlatan is 24. Quite a different there.

Offline 7777

• RAWK Boxing Prediction League Champion 07
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We see things they'll never see
« Reply #144 on: July 12, 2006, 03:00:26 pm »
This isn't a Crouch thread. We're getting pissed off with "personality posting" where deliberately controversial views are aired so it gives the poster something to debate for the rest of the day.

???

Offline Buster 'Hook Hand' Bluth

• Legacy Fan
  • I'm a monster!
« Reply #145 on: July 12, 2006, 03:01:28 pm »
???

Deleted posts and deleted threads :wave
Who is this man, where is he from?
Defenders ask "Where has he gone?"
He fools them all, there is no doubt
This is the man this song's about,
And like the Kop, you'll hear me shout
"Give it to Heighway."

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #146 on: July 12, 2006, 03:13:04 pm »

The crazy dribble for Ajax is my favourite ever goal - he beats that 1 fella about 5 times, and his team mates keep jumping in. And that first fella he beats with the strong challenge just runs off. Great stuff ( 4mins 40 secs on that movie)

Offline Litmanen10

• Kopite
  • Genious
« Reply #147 on: July 12, 2006, 03:24:56 pm »
Just remembered a funny story, dont know if its been posted here already...

When Zlatan was sold from Ajax to Italy, Rafael Van der Vaart organized a goodbye-party and invited the whole team...except Zlatan ;) What a popular man he was in Amsterdam.
Jesus saves...But GOD scores from the rebound!!

Offline Garstonite

• Scouse Wash House
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #148 on: July 12, 2006, 03:35:02 pm »
I know it is nothing about their abilities but Trzeguet is 28 while Zlatan is 24. Quite a different there.

And? If we could buy a player of Trezeguet's quality, and in a period in which he is entering his prime, for a fairly cheap amount of money, it doesn't matter if Zlatan is 12, I know who I'd prefer.

Offline nidgemo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Semper in excremento, sole profundum qui variat.
  • Super Title: Coming soon! Official Launch May 2008
« Reply #149 on: July 12, 2006, 03:49:15 pm »
Ibramahimovic is shite.

Along with Totti, he's one of the most overrated players I've ever seen. I haven't seen him tooextensively, but have watched him play around 15 times, and he's been absoloute pish every time.
I'm no longer on RAWK, but if you need to contact me about anything, you can email me on nigelmorrison@connectfree.co.uk

Offline Robbo1980

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: July 12, 2006, 03:58:07 pm »
I used to think he was really good but i have since watched him against Premiership opposition (us and the Arse) and he was fucking awful in both ties.
And even worse that the fact he was shite, he actually looked on all occasions like he could not give a toss

Offline StevieG26

• Would like to be the first of offer his criticisms.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: July 12, 2006, 04:00:06 pm »
Ibramahimovic is shite.

Along with Totti, he's one of the most overrated players I've ever seen. I haven't seen him tooextensively, but have watched him play around 15 times, and he's been absoloute pish every time.

Totti's capable of producing moments of brilliance and so is Ibra. You need players like that in a team.
"Football is not a matter of life and death. I can assure you that it is much more important than that."

Bill Shankly.

Offline Martyn.

• Nearly 20 and still a virgin
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #152 on: July 12, 2006, 04:07:12 pm »
He is a very inconsistent player, he shows glimpse's of brilliance but the rest of the time he is poor.
Number 9

Offline Kop

• Anny Roader
  • Lurky McLurker
« Reply #153 on: July 12, 2006, 04:09:58 pm »
Totti's capable of producing moments of brilliance and so is Ibra. You need players like that in a team.

We've already got little Luis for that.  At least when things arent happening for Garcia you can still see him making the effort though.
Once bitten twice shy.

NEVER trust a known LIAR.

Offline Juice

• Anny Roader
« Reply #154 on: July 12, 2006, 04:34:18 pm »

Something I'm incrediobly surprised nobody has even speculated upon (although someone just touched briefly upon it) is how he'd adapt to certain styles of play.

I mean, look at that youtube video. He's basically got the freedom of the park in most of them shots, just like Cisse did in france. Besides, if youtube was the definitive precursor to a player's performances, we wouldn't even be after another striker right now, because we'd already have a carbon copy of Theirry Henry.

One major issue I've noticed with Ibraimovich is that he disappears from tough games far too often. Whereas great players come to the fore when times are tough, Zlatan doesn't.

He's had too much of his own way in holland, and too much of his own way in italy. If he came to the premiership he'd be in for a rude awakening.

If he could compile as good a `youtube` video in the premiership, THEN we'd be talking about some player. 

That's why I think Bellamy's going to be the bee's knees. If he keeps his shit together.

Offline StevieG26

• Would like to be the first of offer his criticisms.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #155 on: July 12, 2006, 04:41:53 pm »
We've already got little Luis for that.  At least when things arent happening for Garcia you can still see him making the effort though.

Exactly, like Luis.
"Football is not a matter of life and death. I can assure you that it is much more important than that."

Bill Shankly.

Offline evie

• "Might have to think about it for a bit, k? No! That's not what I meant! Damn....." Prefers to hold it in.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hero
« Reply #156 on: July 12, 2006, 04:52:28 pm »
This has been done like a million times. What surprises me is that loads and loads of people seem to judge him after one bad season and a bad world cup. He had a very good first season with Juventus
after a great tournament in Portugal. IMO he's not overrated. He's just had a shite season. When he's in form he can be quite a player. And he's only 23/24 something. He'll develop and I will be very surprised if he's not one of the best players in the world in about 4 years. I rate him that high. I would say that when he's on top, he's one of the most exciting players there is...however, when he's got no confidence...he's...not good.

I wouldn't like to see him at Liverpool because of his famous attitude. It sure can be very bad sometimes. A no no for Liverpool. Still...I've got this image in my head with Carra giving Zlatan a right rollocking for something stupid he's done :lmao

One other thing...if he did come to Liverpool and did something stupid...with his reputation the media would absolutely slaughter him. Question is...could he take it? He's got a very bad relationship with some of the Swedish media and we're not half as bad as the English media. I smell trouble here. I'm not making excuses for some of his behaviour and his bad games but I think the relationship with media has bothered him a lot and might be a reason why he hasn't had a good season.

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #157 on: July 12, 2006, 04:52:47 pm »
Ibramahimovic is shite.

I disagree.  If he gets a little better he'll be shite, but he's not quite that good yet.  Shows some nice skill at times, but really hit and miss and he is to clinical finishing what Jack the Ripper was to the women's rights movement.

Offline rafathegaffa

• Legacy Fan
  • Bang bang Rosie
    • A few songs...
« Reply #158 on: July 12, 2006, 05:23:14 pm »
Ibramahimovic is shite.

I know what you mean.
Everytime I get to watch Ibrahimovic or Trezeguet, they always happen to be shite. Then I find out that when I turn my back, they turn into world beaters so I decide to watch them again but then the cycle continues.
As for Totti, he only seems to play well for Roma - himself and Del Piero have had disappointing careers for the Italian national team.

Offline Jens from Sweden

• Kopite
« Reply #159 on: July 12, 2006, 05:27:20 pm »
Yes he may be shite at this very moment. But the thing is that Rafa can transform him into a goalscoring machine... thats the way he likes it - Rafa doesnt want the finished product. plus he will come cheap.