Author Topic: Harry Maguire considering his options thread  (Read 3262185 times)

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: United - το πράσινο και το gOle πρότυπο
« Reply #17400 on: July 26, 2021, 05:21:23 pm »
They were the worst runners-up I can remember for a very long time. We turned them over at Old Trafford and the gulf in class was obvious to see. It was almost as one-sided as Boxing Day '78. They've finished 5th or 6th in the past and had a much better team than the misfits who played us last season.

Anfield, when we were struggling badly and they shit the bed, shows everything you need to know about them, especially as you see who beat us in that awful run.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17401 on: July 26, 2021, 08:29:47 pm »
With their spending since Ole took over they should most definitely be challenging for the league.

Glazers out

#skint
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
  • Fan since Liverpool 5 Stoke 3 in 1976
United used to win titles on easy street, time for us to take over that real estate

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17403 on: July 26, 2021, 09:03:01 pm »
COVID was amazing for these. Out of all the clubs in the league, Chelsea and United have benefited the most from the pandemic.

A completely different side in empty stadiums. Getting a free run at players like Sancho.

Offline tonysleft

• Legacy Fan
  • A manc
« Reply #17404 on: July 26, 2021, 09:19:41 pm »
I dunno if it was got the Rooney thread locked but i do want to respond to the ppl who quoted me on the heysel songs at moscow thing - I've never seen footage of it, i've heard tell of it on twitter but never seen footage. the entirety of our celebrations are out there and i've seen it and I didn't see the players singing that
Great chiefs and great loves in obliterated light

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #17405 on: July 26, 2021, 10:08:32 pm »
Anfield, when we were struggling badly and they shit the bed, shows everything you need to know about them, especially as you see who beat us in that awful run.
Do you remember the pundits heaping praise on the Man U defence afterwards for keeping out our attack?  Crazy times.

They were top, at full strength and we had Fabinho and Hendo as our central defence and TheShaq in central midfield.  Despite that we had double their possession and double their shots.  The same midget mentality they've had whenever they've got close to a trophy came to the fore in that game as well.

They've made (/are making) some really good signings but this isn't the Fergie era where they can just bully their way to trophies.  Solskjaer is the weakest manager of any of the contenders and that will tell.

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #17406 on: July 26, 2021, 10:18:39 pm »
I dunno if it was got the Rooney thread locked but i do want to respond to the ppl who quoted me on the heysel songs at moscow thing - I've never seen footage of it, i've heard tell of it on twitter but never seen footage. the entirety of our celebrations are out there and i've seen it and I didn't see the players singing that
Fair play lad. And I know you'd be as disgusted as anyone if you did see footage. You're not all bad.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Online harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #17407 on: July 27, 2021, 06:04:14 am »
Crazy they've outspent fucking Real Madrid and City combined since 2018. Absolutely wild.
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #17408 on: July 27, 2021, 06:26:02 am »
Crazy they've outspent fucking Real Madrid and City combined since 2018. Absolutely wild.
Well, they made it worth it by winning a lot more troph... Oh wait... No, it was the more CL money... Oh wait...
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17409 on: July 27, 2021, 07:48:53 am »
Ferdinand is front row and centre booming it out the c*nt. Think it was Henry Winter who wrote about it that night.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #17410 on: July 27, 2021, 07:51:56 am »

No pressure to win anything this season though, eh tonysleft? ;)
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17411 on: July 27, 2021, 08:41:18 am »
... the heysel songs at moscow thing - I've never seen footage of it, i've heard tell of it on twitter but never seen footage. the entirety of our celebrations are out there and i've seen it and I didn't see the players singing that

there were several threads on here about it, Oliver Kay has written about it in the Times:

... unlikely as it may sound, was actually sung by the United players on the pitch at the Luzhniki Stadium in Moscow in May ...

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #17412 on: July 27, 2021, 08:53:11 am »
Are they still going to protest if they don’t win anything?

They have to win the title now.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #17413 on: July 27, 2021, 09:58:02 am »
Are they still going to protest if they don’t win anything?

They have to win the title now.

I think this season for them is just consolidating, then next season consolidating, season after consolidating and then ready for a big title push in 2026 (providing they dont need to consolidate). Likely to spend around £800 million in that time, to consolidate.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #17414 on: July 27, 2021, 10:46:07 am »
I think this season for them is just consolidating, then next season consolidating, season after consolidating and then ready for a big title push in 2026 (providing they dont need to consolidate). Likely to spend around £800 million in that time, to consolidate.
As long as Ole can still see progress. He doesn't need his ego stoking by lowering himself to win trophies.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17415 on: July 27, 2021, 10:53:55 am »
Has Ratboy and the rest of these clowns come out and said anything about protests or have they put away their Norwich scarves for now given they’ve spent a shit load yet again?
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17416 on: July 27, 2021, 01:30:39 pm »
Has Ratboy and the rest of these clowns come out and said anything about protests or have they put away their Norwich scarves for now given they’ve spent a shit load yet again?

They've currently piped down about "greed/lack of competition/too much money in the game" or whatever it was they were pretending to be upset about now they're outspending everyone and have a couple of shiny new toys. Citizen Neville seems oddly comfortable with spending £1billion on players and paying people over a quarter of a million a week, as long as it's done in the name of Manchester United.

When they lose a couple of games they'll all be back out whining that if the Glazers really loved them they would have got them Kane, Grealish or Haaland or all three.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #17417 on: July 27, 2021, 02:13:27 pm »
They've currently piped down about "greed/lack of competition/too much money in the game" or whatever it was they were pretending to be upset about now they're outspending everyone and have a couple of shiny new toys. Citizen Neville seems oddly comfortable with spending £1billion on players and paying people over a quarter of a million a week, as long as it's done in the name of Manchester United.

Neville was pretty much contradicting himself in the same sentence on the day of their protest, saying how the fight was to stop greed in the game but that to compete United had to buy X, Y and Z. It was farcical and no one pulled him up on it. Souness was the only one to point out what they were really protesting about.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
  • Fan since Liverpool 5 Stoke 3 in 1976
« Reply #17418 on: July 27, 2021, 02:14:48 pm »

When they lose a couple of games they'll all be back out whining that if the Glazers really loved them they would have got them Kane, Grealish or Haaland or all three.

Spot on.

They claim they wanted the Glazers gone ... "Cancer to the club" etc.  But now I see Utd fans bragging that their riots pushed the owners into action = result (in their tiny minds).  And they're happy enough because of that.  No mention of the leaky roof or crumbly brickwork anymore now that they have a couple of shiny Marquee signings.  Funny that. Thick, hypocritical nobs.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2021, 02:16:44 pm by Red_Rich »
United used to win titles on easy street, time for us to take over that real estate

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17419 on: July 27, 2021, 03:48:43 pm »
we should be winning the league or its a failure :o City exist

With the sheer amount that you have spent in recent season, even before your spending of this summer, it will be a failure when you don't win the league this season, you don't get to try and downplay expectations regardless of what other teams are in the division.

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #17420 on: July 27, 2021, 04:05:26 pm »
there were several threads on here about it, Oliver Kay has written about it in the Times:

... unlikely as it may sound, was actually sung by the United players on the pitch at the Luzhniki Stadium in Moscow in May ...

I remember Ferdinand in particular belting it out, they were in a sort of semi circle, arms around each other jumping and singing.

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17421 on: July 27, 2021, 07:15:06 pm »
I take it we won’t see many Glazer protests this year.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #17422 on: July 27, 2021, 07:16:34 pm »

Guaranteed by Nov they’ll be back supporting Norwich.

Offline PIPA23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17423 on: July 27, 2021, 07:18:24 pm »
fantastic signings for them both Varane and Sancho ...

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17424 on: July 27, 2021, 07:21:22 pm »
If they don't win any trophy this year it will be a massive failure.

Online Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #17425 on: July 27, 2021, 07:21:36 pm »
Every manager they’ve had since Ferguson has been backed in the transfer market. Only City have spent more in that period and there isn’t much difference.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17426 on: July 27, 2021, 07:24:39 pm »

I saw it mate.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Peabee

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17427 on: July 27, 2021, 07:27:31 pm »

Here you go, a united based website confirming your players sang it. 

https://therepublikofmancunia.com/weve-won-it-three-times/

Your club has got rid of the footage it seems.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #17428 on: July 27, 2021, 07:32:00 pm »
£42 million is a hefty fee for a player with 1 year left on his deal.

Still, money is no object to Man Utd when it comes to transfers, and it no doubt improves them! 

Offline johnj147

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17429 on: July 27, 2021, 07:34:52 pm »
Signing a few decent players these feckers😞

Offline lukeb1981

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17430 on: July 27, 2021, 07:38:49 pm »
Signing a few decent players these feckers😞
No point having a Lamborghini if you don’t know how to drive it . Might be fine down the straight but hit a tough corner you will wrap it around a pole . Ole is still at the wheel.

Offline johnj147

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17431 on: July 27, 2021, 07:48:38 pm »
I Ollie hardie ;D

Offline Hoenheim

• Legacy Fan
  • Lovely cushioned header for Gerrard...
« Reply #17432 on: July 27, 2021, 07:49:04 pm »
What do you reckon, Sancho and Varane on 350k each?
I love Emre Can more than both of my children. Fact

Offline VyvyanBasterd

• Boys Pen
« Reply #17433 on: July 27, 2021, 07:54:26 pm »

The clip was on the season review video. It shows a few players (Vidic, Nani, O'Shea, Anderson, Fletcher, Brown and VDS) singing along to the song with the fans. Fletcher, Brown and VDS clearly stop and don't sing the "without killing anyone" part. Anderson, Nani and Vidic, who clearly don't know the words carry on singing. The only one that carries on singing while possible knowing the next words is O'Shea. The idea that the players as a whole were singing the sing is absurd and misleading.

Here is the clip - https://streamable.com/funae4

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Aurrera begiratzen ez duena, atzean dago.
« Reply #17434 on: July 27, 2021, 07:57:31 pm »
The clip was on the season review video. It shows a few players (Vidic, Nani, O'Shea, Anderson, Fletcher, Brown and VDS) singing along to the song with the fans. Fletcher, Brown and VDS clearly stop and don't sing the "without killing anyone" part. Anderson, Nani and Vidic, who clearly don't know the words carry on singing. The only one that carries on singing while possible knowing the next words is O'Shea. The idea that the players as a whole were singing the sing is absurd and misleading.

That’s not the only clip out there. Ferdinand surrounded by Scholes, Giggs, Rooney and couple of others in another group.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline Peabee

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17435 on: July 27, 2021, 07:58:24 pm »
£42 million is a hefty fee for a player with 1 year left on his deal.

Still, money is no object to Man Utd when it comes to transfers, and it no doubt improves them!

Together with wages and signing on fee, it’s over £150m for a five year deal.

Offline Peabee

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17436 on: July 27, 2021, 08:02:27 pm »

How could they continue singing if they didn’t already know the words?

I’ve seen the clip of Ferdinand et al singing it too.

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #17437 on: July 27, 2021, 08:13:15 pm »
I watched Ferdinand sing it myself.
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #17438 on: July 27, 2021, 08:23:36 pm »
Another smell of my fart
by Janis Joplin

You're out on the streets drinking big
And baby, deep down in your heart, I guess you know that it ain't right
Never, never, never, never, never, never hear me when I fart on you at night
Wayne, and i fart all the time
But each time I tell myself that I, well I can't stand the smell
But you when pass out in my chair, I'll drop trou once again

I said come on, come on, come on, come on and take it
Take another little smell of my shit now, baby
Taste it, taste another little bit of my farts now, darling, yeah
Have another little smell of my fart now, baby
Well, you know your viral, wayne, cause you passed out too soon
oh yes indeed

https://youtu.be/UcreNyLjIhs
« Last Edit: July 27, 2021, 08:26:52 pm by Bobinhood »
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline Jshooters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Occasionally inspirational
« Reply #17439 on: July 27, 2021, 08:39:19 pm »
I watched Ferdinand sing it myself.

As have I
Believer