Author Topic: The Meh Scottish Football Thread  (Read 374265 times)

Offline helen the llama

• Legacy Fan
Re: The Meh Scottish Football Thread
« Reply #2920 on: May 20, 2020, 09:11:38 pm »
I can think of 6 or 7 clubs easily, possibly more.
(Most clubs bottom of their league, most clubs in 2nd place) Kelty and Brora. Even those in 3rd, 4th and down to 5th or 6th in their league might object too, but the SPFL made this about the money.

At the moment it is HIGHLY unlikely the season will start until September at the earliest and only then if they are willing to play matches behind closed doors.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #2921 on: May 26, 2020, 06:40:34 am »
Damming comments on the state of Scottish clubs & football from Gordon Strachan
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52797428
#Sausages

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #2922 on: May 26, 2020, 09:54:35 am »

They won`t, of course.

But, if there is to be reconstruction please please please make the leagues such that it is just one HOME/AWAY versus all teams.

For too long other clubs have been obsessed with the supposed gate money from four home games against the OF, perhaps not realising that this means that no other team outside the glasgow pair will ever win the league again.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
  • The only club that matters
« Reply #2923 on: May 26, 2020, 10:25:17 am »
Damming comments on the state of Scottish clubs & football from Gordon Strachan
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52797428
I don’t understand why he’s taking a pop at the actual small clubs here.  Stenhousemuir or Albion Rovers can hardly move onto a full-time basis, start running academies, etc.

Offline helen the llama

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2924 on: May 26, 2020, 08:36:14 pm »

But, if there is to be reconstruction please please please make the leagues such that it is just one HOME/AWAY versus all teams.

Every TV deal Mr Donkeycaster agrees, minus the one after the fan rebellion against Rangers in 2012, have all stated 4 OF games a season.

Offline David in Edinburgh

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Klopp
« Reply #2925 on: May 27, 2020, 08:01:29 pm »
Is he?

https://spfl.co.uk/pages/rules-and-regulations

Doesn't need to be he's been pulling the strings for quite a few years now. He may be on some SFA committees and I think, staggeringly, he might be one some weefa committee. To a greater or lesser extent Celtic now control Scottish football for their own benefit.

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2926 on: May 27, 2020, 08:10:07 pm »
I don’t understand why he’s taking a pop at the actual small clubs here.  Stenhousemuir or Albion Rovers can hardly move onto a full-time basis, start running academies, etc.

But they can have a massive say in the futures of bigger clubs. Imagine if the likes of Crawley Town, Forrest Green and Salford City had the power through a corrupt voting system to demote (after only 30 games) the likes of say Villa, Palace and West Ham from the EPL.

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2927 on: May 27, 2020, 08:11:50 pm »
They won`t, of course.

For too long other clubs have been obsessed with the supposed gate money from four home games against the OF, perhaps not realising that this means that no other team outside the glasgow pair will ever win the league again.

Ironically your club has historically been one of those obsessed with giving up most of their ground to the arse cheeks.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2928 on: May 27, 2020, 08:20:03 pm »
Doesn't need to be he's been pulling the strings for quite a few years now. He may be on some SFA committees and I think, staggeringly, he might be one some weefa committee. To a greater or lesser extent Celtic now control Scottish football for their own benefit.

Is there any evidence if this? I know Sevco tried to cry about it and produced meaningless nonsense, but is it a general consensus from all supporters? Surely if every club felt that way, there would be some sort of evidence and they'd all collectively get together and sort it out?
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #2929 on: May 28, 2020, 09:42:29 am »
Ironically your club has historically been one of those obsessed with giving up most of their ground to the arse cheeks.

Until the new regime came in, yes, much to the annoyance of the locals. This is especially bad when they didnt even fill their allocation and you see banners in the away end(s) proclaiming to be from nearby. The OF are a cancer, but they are not to blame for "front-runner" or bandwagon fans.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline helen the llama

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2930 on: May 30, 2020, 10:11:27 pm »
I think it's good to see to be honest. All 4 clubs dont have to enter next season's competition until January (assuming next season goes ahead from August - May as normal), so there is no real reason why they can't play it out whenever it is safe to do so.
Latest. As it stands, Hearts are not in training or playing until January. So not exactly going to work is it.

In other news: A certain ex-Liverpool owner's son tried to buy Hearts and got told exactly where to go by Ann and the Foundation.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2020, 10:31:46 pm by helen the llama »

Offline ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2931 on: May 31, 2020, 09:01:14 am »
Is there any evidence if this? I know Sevco tried to cry about it and produced meaningless nonsense, but is it a general consensus from all supporters? Surely if every club felt that way, there would be some sort of evidence and they'd all collectively get together and sort it out?

There's defo a general concensus now. From even way back in 2008, when Rangers qualified for the UEFA Cup final, Lawwell phoned the SFA chief asking him not to extend the season due to 'sporting integrity'. They ended up extending it by 4 days, meaning Rangers had to play 5 games in 10 days in 3 competitions, including 2 finals. Not surprisingly, Rangers ran out of steam & Cetic won the league.

There's been a few passing remarks from the ex Aberdeen chairman & St Mirren chairman about the influence Lawwell has, & that was way before this Pandemic.

He doesn't have to be on the SPFL board any more, because he has some friendly faces on it now to help push his agenda's.

« Last Edit: May 31, 2020, 09:07:39 am by ScottishGoon »

Offline helen the llama

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2932 on: May 31, 2020, 10:30:41 am »
Add in he is making a complete mess of the pandemic situation.
Clubs are not being asked who can afford to play behind closed doors, even the testing. And there are clubs that could in the Championship (Dundee, ICT) and some that can’t in the Premiership (Killie).

Doncaster needs to go.

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2933 on: May 31, 2020, 01:55:18 pm »
There's defo a general concensus now. From even way back in 2008, when Rangers qualified for the UEFA Cup final, Lawwell phoned the SFA chief asking him not to extend the season due to 'sporting integrity'. They ended up extending it by 4 days, meaning Rangers had to play 5 games in 10 days in 3 competitions, including 2 finals. Not surprisingly, Rangers ran out of steam & Cetic won the league.

There's been a few passing remarks from the ex Aberdeen chairman & St Mirren chairman about the influence Lawwell has, & that was way before this Pandemic.

He doesn't have to be on the SPFL board any more, because he has some friendly faces on it now to help push his agenda's.

:lmao :lmao You cheated your way to trophies during that period and you're trying to cry foul. Fuck me!!

Offline ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2934 on: May 31, 2020, 04:24:49 pm »
:lmao :lmao You cheated your way to trophies during that period and you're trying to cry foul. Fuck me!!

Used what was advised as a legal tax loophole at the time, as have thousands of other people in the UK, including other sports people, football teams, normal self employed workers etc.
What about the tax avoidance schemes such as the Film Making schemes that players & officials of both Rangers & Celtic as well as many other clubs including Liverpool used? Or are they ok as they don't fit the agenda?

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2935 on: June 1, 2020, 12:40:01 am »

So, Lawwell asked the chief not to extend the season. That request was denied, but you make it out as if Lawwell was to blame for Rangers not winning the league because the season was actually extended, despite your claim he asked for it not to be? Have I got that right?

Offline Stevie2810

• Main Stander
« Reply #2936 on: June 1, 2020, 08:31:59 am »
So, Lawwell asked the chief not to extend the season. That request was denied, but you make it out as if Lawwell was to blame for Rangers not winning the league because the season was actually extended, despite your claim he asked for it not to be? Have I got that right?
Celtic claimed they had a tour of japan lined up the day after the Scottish cup final which meant the SFA couldn’t extend the season.

Low and behold the tour never happened.

Sporting integrity eh.

Offline ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2937 on: June 1, 2020, 09:10:25 am »

It was just 1 example. The season got extended by 4 days! 4 days just, & only because they had no alternative. How could they fit 5 games in 6 days? Perhaps it might have been extended longer if it wasn't for his pressure. Lawwell said Celtic had a money spinning tour of Japan straight after the season. They are still waiting to go on it.

Rangers had to play 5 games in 10 days. Any other small country would bend over backwards to help their club in a European final consideing they come around like 1 or 2 times every 20 years. I don't even think in the resumption of football after this Pandemic any team will be asked to play 5 games in 10 days because that's just mental. It's fine for Scotland though.
« Last Edit: June 1, 2020, 09:12:22 am by ScottishGoon »

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2938 on: June 2, 2020, 01:36:02 am »
Had a wee look there, and unsurprisingly, there is no evidence that Celtic claimed they had a tour organised except for claims on Rangers forums and the Daily Record, which as you no is just a Rangers mouthpiece.

I find it odd that the SFA and SPFL are so pro Celtic, but allowed Rangers to cheat to win so many trophies in the 90s and early 2000s before they were liquidated.

Maybe the new club set up to replace them can get that sort of arrangement going on to win the first trophy in their history under Gerrard. I, for one, hope they do for the manager and him alone. 
« Last Edit: June 2, 2020, 01:39:03 am by Barneylfc∗ »

Offline ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2939 on: June 2, 2020, 07:55:03 am »

Had a wee look there, and unsurprisingly, there is no evidence that Celtic claimed they had a tour organised except for claims on Rangers forums and the Daily Record, which as you no is just a Rangers mouthpiece.

I find it odd that the SFA and SPFL are so pro Celtic, but allowed Rangers to cheat to win so many trophies in the 90s and early 2000s before they were liquidated.

Maybe the new club set up to replace them can get that sort of arrangement going on to win the first trophy in their history under Gerrard. I, for one, hope they do for the manager and him alone.

Barney, that's because it was a total different set up in the 90's & early 2000's, plus Lawwell wasn't at Celtic then. Since you like to research, do a wee bit digging on characters like Murdo Mclennan & Rod Mckenzie. Most of the info will be on Rangers boards.

Oh, & if you are talking about the EBT's being the 'cheating', the period that is being questioned is 2001 to 2010, so that doesn't include the 90's 9 in a row team. As for 'allowing' them to cheat, them & thousands others were being advised from financial experts that these were legal loopholes, so no-one thought they & the thousands of others on the scheme were doing wrong.
« Last Edit: June 2, 2020, 09:34:31 am by ScottishGoon »

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #2940 on: June 2, 2020, 11:59:08 am »
You keep making claims but never back them up ScottishGoon. You conveniently skipped the bit where he says there is no evidence for your claims about a trip to Japan.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2941 on: June 2, 2020, 12:46:08 pm »
You keep making claims but never back them up ScottishGoon. You conveniently skipped the bit where he says there is no evidence for your claims about a trip to Japan.

The trip to Japan is 1 thing, he might be right, all I can see is a Daily Record article, who are no mouth peice of Rangers might I add.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/other-sports/celtics-japanese-tour-plans-set-972536

What is fact is fact is that we had to play 5 games in 10 days, & that the SFA Chairman at the time was asked not to even give us that.

What other claims have I made?

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2942 on: June 2, 2020, 02:34:17 pm »
The trip to Japan is 1 thing, he might be right, all I can see is a Daily Record article, who are no mouth peice of Rangers might I add.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/other-sports/celtics-japanese-tour-plans-set-972536

What is fact is fact is that we had to play 5 games in 10 days, & that the SFA Chairman at the time was asked not to even give us that.

What other claims have I made?

So you're agreeing you don't really have any evidence for one of your claims.

You said Liverpool and other clubs were using tax loopholes just like Rangers, where is the proof of this.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2943 on: June 2, 2020, 02:59:16 pm »

You said Liverpool and other clubs were using tax loopholes just like Rangers, where is the proof of this.

The latter statement of his is just pure nonsense. Rangers were found guilty of tax evasion and tax avoidance on a massive scale. The club was relegated and liquidated so comparisons to other clubs is fucking ridiculous.

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2944 on: June 2, 2020, 03:56:50 pm »

Pretty sure he said/meant players and officials of those clubs. I've seen gerrard's name reported amongst a number of footballers/celebs being investigated over tax avoidance schemes

Offline ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2945 on: June 2, 2020, 04:12:55 pm »

When I said Liverpool, I meant some of their players. Their best player of the past 20 years for instance.

https://www.andersentax.co.uk/footballers-and-tax-schemes-miles-dean/

Involving Celtic Players & Officials

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/celtic-chief-peter-lawwell-among-9027258

EBT's used across a lot of English football

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/10794963/premier-league-and-championship-clubs-and-players-may-face-huge-tax-bills

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2946 on: June 2, 2020, 04:13:52 pm »
Used what was advised as a legal tax loophole at the time, as have thousands of other people in the UK, including other sports people, football teams, normal self employed workers etc.
What about the tax avoidance schemes such as the Film Making schemes that players & officials of both Rangers & Celtic as well as many other clubs including Liverpool used? Or are they ok as they don't fit the agenda?

It's all a bit mumble jumbled, not sure if he is accusing certain players or clubs. He might clear that up with some facts or sources.

*Fair enough I'll have a look.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2947 on: June 2, 2020, 04:25:02 pm »
When I said Liverpool, I meant some of their players. Their best player of the past 20 years for instance.

https://www.andersentax.co.uk/footballers-and-tax-schemes-miles-dean/

Involving Celtic Players & Officials

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/celtic-chief-peter-lawwell-among-9027258

EBT's used across a lot of English football

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/10794963/premier-league-and-championship-clubs-and-players-may-face-huge-tax-bills

On the first link re: Gerrard. That is him acting as an individual, fuck all to do with my club. If he has avoided tax I'm over the moon he was caught and forced to pay a penalty.

On the second link, again people acting as individuals caught avoiding tax being forced to pay it back and then some. I am fully behind this, couldn't be happier.

On the third link if it's so rife where are the other investigations.

Offline ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2948 on: June 2, 2020, 04:27:33 pm »
The latter statement of his is just pure nonsense. Rangers were found guilty of tax evasion and tax avoidance on a massive scale. The club was relegated and liquidated so comparisons to other clubs is fucking ridiculous.

Let's get some facts right here, the club wasn't relegated then liquidated through some sort of punishment of these EBT's. The club was put into administration because their dodgy owner at the time who paid a grand total of £1 for the club decided he wouldn't pay PAYE for the season he was in charge, & seen it as a good out.

The EBT's tax case is still ongoing with BDO in court. 8 years later & they are still in dispute. Forget the £140M that was banded about at the time, that's been a proven to be massively overstated.

Offline ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2949 on: June 2, 2020, 04:41:14 pm »

On the first link re: Gerrard. That is him acting as an individual, fuck all to do with my club. If he has avoided tax I'm over the moon he was caught and forced to pay a penalty.

On the second link, again people acting as individuals caught avoiding tax being forced to pay it back and then some. I am fully behind this, couldn't be happier.

On the third link if it's so rife where are the other investigations.

Perhaps my wording was off, I meant players & officials of other clubs, including Liverpool. Yes, they were acting on their own, but does that make it ok? Rangers were owned by David Murray at the time, & he used EBT's across all of his business at the time, not just his football club. Because, he, like many thousands of other people, were being advised at the time that these weren't illegal. No-one was challenging these schemes for a decade or so, until HMRC decided they wanted to try & close the loophole.

For me, cheating is when you know you are doing something illegal, like Marseille & Juventus bribing players & Officials. When you are being advised by some of the best accountants in the land that what you are doing is a perfectly legal practice, that only gets contested 10 years later & is still in court 20 years later, I think that's slightly different.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2950 on: June 2, 2020, 04:44:37 pm »
I'm making a distinction between individuals and clubs that is all. None of their actions are ok, I've made that very clear.

Individual fucks up, individual gets punished. Club fucks up, club gets punished. Fairly simple.

Offline ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2951 on: June 2, 2020, 04:56:06 pm »
I'm making a distinction between individuals and clubs that is all. None of their actions are ok, I've made that very clear.

Individual fucks up, individual gets punished. Club fucks up, club gets punished. Fairly simple.

Fair do's. Like I said though, it wasn't the EBT's that relegated the club. They cast a massive shadow, but it was the charlatan owner at the time that seen it as an easy way out & a chance to flip the business & make money by either selliing it on or stripping the assets. Given how Hicks & Gillet almost shafted Liverpool, you know your fair share about how awful owners can almost single handily kill a club.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2952 on: June 2, 2020, 05:04:49 pm »
Fair do's. Like I said though, it wasn't the EBT's that relegated the club. They cast a massive shadow, but it was the charlatan owner at the time that seen it as an easy way out & a chance to flip the business & make money by either selliing it on or stripping the assets. Given how Hicks & Gillet almost shafted Liverpool, you know your fair share about how awful owners can almost single handily kill a club.

Yes we do, we fought tooth and nail to rid our club of those cancerous c*nts though.

Offline ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2953 on: June 2, 2020, 05:15:21 pm »
Yes we do, we fought tooth and nail to rid our club of those cancerous c*nts though.

We were too late with Craig Whyte, but that's what Rangers had to do with Charles Green & Mike Ashley & his stooges. You would think being liquidated & having to start again from Division 3 would be the end of it, but these feckers have hamstrung us ever since, & people seem to convienetly forget that part of it when discussing the present Rangers.

Up until this summer Ashley still had his claws in our retail deal, we've spent millions in court fighting that c*nt off. We've still no idea what Ashley's end game was, he was acting like a loan shark ready to hoover up the assets at 1 point including a hold over the stadium & training ground. Its scary to think where that could have left if he wasn't challenged & his lackies overthrown.

Hopefully this new Castore kit deal signals the end of his involvement, & it's not just another false dawn. This is the first time since 2012 we will be actually in charge of all our affairs, & we can actually try & thrive & grow again, & it feels good. Its amazing what you take for granted.
« Last Edit: June 2, 2020, 05:21:26 pm by ScottishGoon »

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2954 on: June 2, 2020, 05:49:14 pm »
I still find it hilarious that 2 of the main players in their downfall are called Green and Whyte  ;D

Offline ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2955 on: June 2, 2020, 06:28:18 pm »
I still find it hilarious that 2 of the main players in their downfall are called Green and Whyte  ;D

True. I wouldn't be surprised if Lawwell hadn't hand picked these!  ;D

Offline helen the llama

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2956 on: June 4, 2020, 06:03:04 pm »
This went out last night to the media from the Federation of Hearts Supporters Club, and The Heart of Midlothian Shareholders Association, but has not been picked up by the press. Possibly because it is too much common sense for Scottish Football.  There are a few Grammatical errors in it though.

FAO: Sports Desks
Subject: Open letter to Scottish Football including supporters, clubs, the SPFL, and the Scottish FA
Issued by: Federation of Hearts Supporters Clubs & The Heart of Midlothian Shareholders Association

Introduction

Below please find an open letter issued by two key Heart of Midlothian supporter groups, the Federation of Hearts Supporters’ Clubs and the Heart of Midlothian Share Holders Association.

Key headlines include:
     • A recognition that Scottish football supporters are the biggest contributors (or sponsors) of the game in this country
     • A call that the SPFL should urgently seek to establish which clubs are able to play their part in a complete ‘SPFL season’
     • The definition of a full programme being:
          o A complete league season (36-40 games as would take place in normal times)
          o The Scottish League Cup,
          o Scottish Challenge Cup – for clubs outside the Scottish Premiership
     • A call for independent expertise be brought in to review the SPFL looking at areas for innovation, development and supporter engagement – and that this expertise be given the authority to drive change necessary for Scottish football to not just survive, but thrive!

An open letter to Scottish Football

Dear all,

We understand that 2020 is a year that will long be remembered for the tragedy and loss of life that has afflicted this country, as almost every across the world. Our organisations pay tribute to the frontline workers who have given everything to help give others hope; we mourn with those who’s loves ones are now gone.

To talk about Scottish football at this time feels very difficult, and it is for that reason we’ve chosen not to comment publicly, until now.

It isn’t a surprise that as Heart of Midlothian supporters we feel strongly that the club currently faces demotion to the Scottish Championship.

But, as football supporters and in effect the largest sponsors of our game, we call on everyone in the game to come together and ensure that the game we all love survives long beyond Covid-19.

To that effect we call Scottish football, and in particular the SPFL to take a number of steps:

• We believe that the SPFL executive (both chief executive and independent directors) should be taking ownership and leading clubs through this time; they should be the arbiter of fairness and genuine guardians of the game
     • We do not believe it is for clubs such as ours to be heading up our ‘own’ reconstruction talks – because when discussions are framed in this way, they will fail, because the vast majority of clubs only consider themselves, and consider Heart of Midlothian to be doing likewise. When this happens, rancour will continue, and our game will continue to suffer
     • Club leaders would be wise to consider carefully public pronouncements right now, because words last long, even if it might appear that cheap throwaway remarks are simply tomorrow’s chip paper. As custodians they bear an enormous responsibility, too
     • We call upon the SPFL to formally ask every member club to submit assurances that they can start and finish season 2020/2021, by which we mean participating in:
          o A full league programme (i.e. at least 36 games before play-offs, and 38 in the Premiership)
          o The Scottish League Cup
          o The Challenge Cup (where clubs play in the Championship, League 1 and League 2)
     • Clubs that can formally declare that they are in a strong enough financial position to fulfil that obligation should be allowed to do so at the earliest opportunity when the Scottish Government permits
     • Only then, can the set-up of any league structure be decided upon, depending on how many clubs can make that unequivocal commitment
     • Clubs who cannot should be allowed to “mothball” without incurring any form of further punishment, until fans are allowed back into stadiums and we can resume something resembling normal match day experiences

These seem pragmatic next steps, but beyond that as supporters we believe our view should be heard (and we don’t believe we are alone for the longer term.

Once there is some normality in the world, we believe a complete revamp of how our governing body is structured and operates is essential.

We suggest an independent support is secured to look at the current set up of the SPFL, with the power to drive significant change such as:
     • Robust, transparent governance
     • Clear, focused plans which are supported by key metrics to determine success (or otherwise)
     • A board and executive which does not include club representation and operates independently against the above clear, focused plans – and which is judged robustly by shareholders (i.e. the clubs on the success of their delivery)

Ann Budge quite rightly talks about Heart of Midlothian becoming ‘fan owned, but not fan run.’ On that same basis we believe the SPFL (as a limited company) should be ‘club owned, but not club run’.

We believe that the biggest issue at this time is that the clubs run the SPFL, enabling an easy get out for the SPFL executive and its board. How often do we hear the phrase, “we’re a members’ organisation?”

This means politics and self-interest becomes a huge part of managing the SPFL, rather than looking outwardly, seeking new ideas, engaging with supporters and creating an amazing league competition, which are celebrated by supporters, broadcasters and sponsors.

This is probably the hardest period our game has experienced and the very existence of a lot of clubs is in danger. We need positive action now to safeguard that future for all and move forward.

Heart of Midlothian means the world to us, but this is far bigger than anything down at Tynecastle Park right now.

Yours in sport,

Stevie Kilgour - Secretary Federation of Hearts Supporters’ Clubs
Bill Alves - Chairman Heart of Midlothian Shareholders Association

Offline Stevie2810

• Main Stander
« Reply #2957 on: June 4, 2020, 10:40:38 pm »
Scottish cup being played to a finish what a surprise there :D

Offline ScottishGoon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2958 on: June 17, 2020, 08:35:00 am »
So the EPL starts back tonight & will get played to a finish it seems.

Meanwhile, in Scotland, we have Sky wanting money back, BT wanting money back, about 5 different reconstruction ideas thrown out, Hearts & Partick taking the governing body to court which includes a now very possible delay for the start of the new season just adding more stress on the finances, all because certain people pushed through the agenda of calling the leagues early, supposedly using money as the main driving factor.

You couldn't make this stuff up. Yet folk still think it was wrong to question those running the game.

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2959 on: June 17, 2020, 08:27:35 pm »
And so we begin.

Heart of Midlothian Football Club and Partick Thistle Football Club have today lodged a petition with the Court of Session to challenge the unfair and unjust decision of the SPFL to enforce relegations, to the extreme detriment of those clubs affected.
Unfortunately, Scottish football has been unable to pull together at this time of national crisis to prevent the need for this legal challenge. We desperately hoped Court action would not be necessary, but we were left with no other option.

For clarity, our petition does not seek to set aside or unravel the fee payments made to clubs, nor indeed the declaration of Champions, or the nomination of clubs who will participate in European competition.

Instead, the petition primarily seeks to reduce the unfair resolution insofar as it changed the SPFL’s rules on promotion and relegation. If that remedy is not granted by the Court, we seek, in the alternative, awards of compensation relative to the significant financial loss which the unfair relegations will visit upon us.

As matters stand, we have not asked the Court to grant an interim interdict which would prevent next Season commencing on 1 August. However, we have to reserve our right to do so in the event that becomes necessary.

We would emphasise instead that we have no wish to disrupt Scottish football but rather our aim is to have the proceedings litigated to a conclusion as quickly as possible. In that regard, the Court has today granted our motion to reduce the normal period within which the SPFL must answer our petition, to 7 days.

No further comment will be made by either Club at this time.