Author Topic: Bayer Leverkusen - and the meeting of Rafa  (Read 28897 times)

Offline Spartacus.

• I dragged Rafa into the pub. Knits only with the finest quality Wools.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • KFS
Bayer Leverkusen - and the meeting of Rafa
« on: March 11, 2005, 08:41:53 pm »
Monday 7th March and it’s a early start for Sarah and I as we head to Manchester airport for our 11.30 am flight into Cologne – Liverpool would have been our preferred option (Keep Flights Scouse) but Easy Jet did their normal price inflation scam so Manchester it had to be.

By 2 pm we’re sipping cocktails in a nice local Spanish bar as we watch the world pass us by … what a nice relaxing way to start a Euro away trip because in my experience history proves these trips are anything but sedate, but this was my first day, I’d arrived with plenty of time and had planned all along to have an early night.  I would have a few drinks with Lee & Ali, wait for Brenda to arrive who was on a much later flight (just to be sociable like) and then go on my way ... you will all be shocked no doubt to hear that we were still in the hotel bar come 4am. I blame Brenda of course ... the barman did close the bar at 1am but after a few “what…..are you ‘avin a laff mate” the night porter duly obliged and kept the beer flowing.

Tuesday 8th March and after a few hours’ kip and a shower Sarah and I are ready for a big session. The eve of the game is always my favourite day when it comes to big games, it’s traditionally the day I enjoy most, strangely enough it also coincides with the day I drink an awful lot - how odd. The group (Me, Sarah, Lee, Ali, Brenda, Shazz, John, Russ) head into town for a search of some breakfast. We head to Jameson’s Irish bar – recommended by Lee as doing the best breakfasts in Cologne, he wasn’t wrong. A full English breakfast for Lee and I and after having a late night and plenty of beer the night before it was just what the doctor ordered. After a few pints (it would have been rude not to) we ask the barmaid would there be any football on in here later that night, I had money on Liverpool being the last English team left in the Champions League and I was determined to see Chelsea get stuffed by Barcelona. She told us how lots of pubs had made the decision to close half day, not because of the Liverpool fans but they traditionally (as people who attended the last Leverkusen game may recall) have problems keeping the FC Cologne fans in order. This bar however would be staying open, we made a mental note of that and it proved to be very worthwhile.

Off to Papa Joe's now where John G also joins us. I don’t even know where to start when trying to describe this place, but thankfully I got their web address - just lifted this from the site:

Experience the unmistakably original atmosphere of traditional jazz - live and free of charge. Jazz can be heard daily in Germany's oldest jazz venue. To accompany your food and beverages we offer a selection of live music, cabaret, piano playing and vaudeville. Experience this unique atmosphere of Cologne's pub scene.

http://www.iedu.de/papajoe/welcome.html

The tall dummy with the red hair (no no no, not JAR) was one of the freakiest things I’ve ever seen. I swear if you took any of your kids into this place they would be left mentally scarred for life. It made no odds where you sat, the guy never took his eyes off you – and when they played “I’m too sexy” everyone in the place just fell about laughing, and when Morro stuck a nice little Spanish number on with the Beatles mixed in-between tracks it was a bloody good laugh. It was also a nice place and the barman (Nunez look a like) was very friendly, even let John behind the bar to get his picture taken with the “band”

And then on to another bar, with more of the same, only it was getting late now and this particular bar was closing early for the night. Where to go next? We all wanted to watch the football and no one wanted to be walking the streets when we had better things to do so let’s head back to Jameson’s for guaranteed football, guaranteed opening hours and decent priced beer. Again best call of the night.

Within twenty minutes Chelsea were three goals up and I was gutted, nothing to do with the money I had on them going out (honest). I had two options, go in the back bar and watch the Mancs go out (please god) or go for a little walk, just a stroll for five minutes to get some fresh air. I went for the latter, when I got back to the bar the Chelsea game was still on and as I really couldn’t be arsed I just stayed by the door. Jean-Paul came across at this point to tell me that Rafa had just walked in the bar ....

My reaction was much the same as everyone else’s that night “yeah right whatever” “no no he has says” said JP again. I just laugh, I was so dismissive that JP actually grabbed my arm and marched me over to Rafa who at this point was only at the door of the bar still relatively unseen and weighing up if he should stay or go. Oh my god it’s him ... I was amazed but remember I was also a little pissed so no hesitation, no holding back, I’m straight in there shaking his hand and, well, telling him his job.

It’s a really strange thing. I have no doubt if I had been sober I would have held a sensible conversation with him but hey ho, I shake his hand (keep hold of his hand).

Christine:  Rafa, you know Carragher should be our captain come summer don’t you?
Rafa: Maybe, he’s a very good defender
Christine: No Rafa, not maybe he HAS to be our captain, the lad is fantastic and I can’t say enough about him
Rafa: That’s a possibility
Christine: Look, you know it and I know it, that boy IS our captain

At this point Rafa is laughing out loud. I’m still holding his hand as he smiles and weighs up his options, he wisely decides he ain't going to win this one so an agreement may be needed….

Rafa: You like him a lot, you know I think you’re right – Carragher is fantastic

And that was it, my job was done, I didn’t talk football, I didn’t talk Liverpool, I didn’t even talk Leverkusen. I left him with a smile on my face and felt on top of the world. I rushed straight over to Brenda to tell her Rafa was here (by this point he’s at the bar) “yeah yeah whatever” was the expected response. “Brenda I know my manager come see” and so it goes on ... he even apologised because no one could watch the football with his arrival and all the commotion his arrival had caused as more and more fans realised he was in the bar. Brenda did two things that night that she should be really proud off…..

1. She told Rafa straight, we don’t care about Chelsea, we don’t care about any football on TV – we have travelled a long way to see you, to support you, to follow LFC. You couldn’t miss the smile on Rafa’s face and he truly looked delighted.

2. She pinned her HJC badge to his jacket – it’s great to see Rafa in his club tracksuit wearing our HJC badge.

He stayed for a good forty five minutes – his colleague/minder (Alex Miller I think) asked would he be ok to stay there (alone) as he went to find Pako who had got lost/separated from them or did he want to leave. Rafa smiled and without hesitation said “no no I’m ok here, you go”.

Everyone wanted to buy him a drink but he politely refused all offers while talking to everyone who wanted a chat and posing for pictures galore. Even the bar staff themselves had got cameras out and were offering him drinks without doubt this was a very very special moment and his PR has gone through the roof. I’m not cynical enough to think it was staged but it’s certainly added to his popularity and not just with those fans that were fortunate to meet him.

The famous Rafa Benitez went the pub to see the lads
The famous Rafa Benitez went the pub to see the lads...

Rafa eventually left but for us the party went on. Jameson’s was rocking till closing and I seem to recall swapping numbers with a Valencia fan and inviting him to stay in Liverpool. He was a good lad who was out with a group of West Ham fans and one Chelsea fan who I duly took the piss out of. They where having such a good time with us lot that when the party moved to the back room they all followed, they were loving it and even the Chelsea fan admitted to me that he’s never sampled an atmosphere like this and how us Liverpool fans always seem to do it best - I was really pleased with that.

After Jameson’s it's off to a club for a few hours, by this time the size the group had grown and loads of RAWK Euro away regulars have hit the nightclub. I remember BobK, IrishRed, Mark, Dave & Christine, John Hall, Kirsty, Terri, Blert, JP, Gareth, JasonR, Steve M, Roger & Dan, Roddy and many more all being there at some point that night, plus our original group. I think I eventually got back around 4.30am.

Wednesday 9th March and it's match day – into town for some breakfast/dinner and then to the pub, a good few beers later we jump taxis to the BayArena, one drink in the Havana bar and then it is into the ground. I was confident we wouldn’t lose tonight but in my mind I was expecting a draw and I would have taken it happily. There is something very special about big European games whether they be at Anfield or on the road and this one was no different. Right from the off the atmosphere was fantastic (maybe inspired by Rafa) but the football from the boys just had us all on cloud nine. The Carragher song could be heard loud and clear and it was to be sung constantly that night from the game onwards - come 5 am when we were all back in our now local nightclub that song was still being sung with special mention having to go to Ali J who embraced the song with as much gusto as me.

We all dream of a team of Carraghers
A team of Carraghers
A team of Carraghers

Number one is Carragher, number two is Carragher, number three is Carragher, number four is Carragher ...

We had a stripper (again) down at the front of the ground with his elephant thong, we had dancing in our seats and we had great football from the boys. This is what our dreams are made of, a quarter-final place on the back of two very good performances against Leverkusen. Winning with such ease leaves you with a very good feeling about the future. Inconsistent yes, but when you see them flashes you can't help but feel excited, you can't help but dream and start to think of what may be with a fit squad and Alonso in particular back. Then maybe, just maybe, we’re back in business. Time will tell and thankfully as we all know Rafa will be given time.

Status Quo hey ... I think you’re going to hear a lot more of this song in the coming months, this is going to be just like Ring of Fire. Anyone who did the Blackburn away cup game the other season will know exactly how this felt - we’re cruising, the game aint ever in doubt and the opposition score a late consolation goal. No big deal there, that is until they (the opposition club) play music to help celebrate the goal, the travelling Red’s paused for all of a split second and then start dancing where they stood, grown men playing air guitar, everyone singing along long after any music has finished playing, and the “classic” line changed to “Rafa’s all over the world”. There was even booing of Dudek when he made a save and chanting "we want two". It was mad and it was absolutely fantastic, this trip turned out to have many many classic moments and that was just another.

After the game it's straight off to the MOPS bar for a few beers with all the local fans (nice to meet you LAHS). I can’t say enough about their generous hospitality and how welcoming everyone was – you’re all a credit to your club, I wish your team plenty of luck for the future and I look forward to meeting up with you all again.

Then back to our nightclub and I’m starting to feel like a regular – a hello from the bar staff who are obviously also feeling like we’re locals and we party long and hard. Brenda asks the manager what time they close and he tells us 6 am, she then told him that was too early, he smiled and replied "ok sixish" ... what a bar. I was still there at 6am and I loved every minute – the DJ had all the Liverpool songs on the go, in-between every song he played was either Ring of Fire, a Beatles number or Status Quo and every time they came on the place was up again and one lad even got the bar man up dancing, it was so funny. Brenda, Richard, Blert and I eventually left the club around the promised time – the manager thanked us for our custom and told us we were welcome back anytime and he hoped we would be back soon.

Thursday 7th March and I’ve decided not to drink today. I didn't get to bed till 7.30am after seeing Brenda in a taxi to the airport. I’ve had a couple of hours sleep and I’m still drunk from the night before, so I’m not drinking today ... no way ... definitely not ... ok make mine a beer. Many beers later and before heading back to Papa Joe’s place for a few more. I ask Richard (IrishRed) if he’s gonna join us or stay at the hotel bar, no he says, he has a flight in a few hours and as the airport isn’t as local as ours he best not. Wise man you’re thinking.

A few hours later its back to Papa Joe’s place where Jim Price and dad join us for a few beers – Ron Yates (aka Jim’s dad) and John Hughes (Shazz’s husband) kept us thoroughly entertained for a good few hours. I never realised cavity wall insulation could be so interesting and who the hell this Greta Garbo woman?  We’ve time for one more round of beers in Papa Joe's and its Sarah who’s getting them in, only she’s lost her wallet, can’t find it anywhere and I know she had it a little earlier as I noticed it in her back jean pocket. I head down stairs to retrace her steps and check the toilets, checking all the cubicles and there it is, down the pan, literally, so unfortunately I have the honour of sticking my hand down the toilet on Sarah’s behalf and all I can say is it was a clean toilet, if you know what I mean. Sarah then had to dry the wallet out, Jim accused her of money laundering ...

Slowly the group starts to dwindle as the usual suspects all make their separate ways to the airport with various timed flights to catch. Oh and as for sensible Richard, you know the one who best not come to Papa with us as he as a flight to catch? Yes he missed the flight but we had some great text’s from him with this one just sums the whole thing up best…

Win the European Cup for me
Cause we are stuck in fuckin' Germany
We missed the plane and that’s a shame
But where’s the girls that are on the game
Oh win the European cup for me

FANTASTIC

I’m fortunate enough to have been to many great European away trips, some great because of the football and some more for the crack we have when away, this trip however was both. It’s like everything just fell into place and I know I’ll never forget it – it's possibly the best football trip I’ve ever been on. Thanks to everyone who made the trip so special, you’re all legends. Especially you Rafa.

© Christine 2005
« Last Edit: March 13, 2005, 02:31:57 am by Rushian »
RAWK anti scouse?
YNWA is more than a song, think about it.

Offline Rushian

• Blanco y en botella
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ¡No Pasarán!
    • Red and White Kop
Re: Bayer Leverkusen - and the meeting of Rafa
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2005, 08:35:33 pm »
brings a smile to your face does that. Superb Christine.
If you're going to sign up on Betfair and fancy getting a free £25 on sign-up then use my refer code 749DCNQGK and I'll also get a £25 bonus ;)

Offline Roger

• The Derek Acorah of RAWK & Welsh News Correspondent
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2005, 08:49:21 pm »
Top Stuff. Was waiting for two days for that. Amazing that Rafa is proudly now owning a HJC badge supplied by Brenda. Absolutely fantastic stuff.

:D

Offline BazC

• ...is as good as Van Basten
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2005, 08:51:47 pm »
brilliant!

fucking hell, i remember being on RAWK when the post came through "rafa's just come into the pub" and as the mods confirmed it (their various friends being in the pub sending texts and MMS') i found myself thinking- "what a guy".

cheers for that, seemed like you had a great few days, and it was great to read about it.
“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

Offline Geradine

• Main Stander
  • 9th March 2005, minute 70:43
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2005, 08:54:36 pm »
WOW! Terrific story!!!
P.Sherman, 42 Wallaby Way, Sydney.

Offline Kirsty

• Has a list of older men she'd like to 'wotsit'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • @kirstycurran
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2005, 09:09:50 pm »
About time, but very worth the wait ;D

Top report mate.  Reading about the day after the match brought it all back and a massive smile to me face.  I've got this picture of all of us (jon h, shazz, bob k, dave, christine, sair, christine, me, jim jnr and snr, mooro and kenny) looking absolutely shattered, with beers in hand taken over most of the tables in papa joes with jon h over one side of the place and jim snr over the other in what was a tirade of very good and very cringe worthy jokes and stories.  A right double act they were and perfect for those who didn't have the energy (or voice hey chris ;) ) to talk as all we had to do was laugh ;D  A great way to spend your last few hours before a flight.

And "Shazz we've got a plane to catch!" will forever be etched in my mind ;D
As will Sair's "I'm always so careful with money" face when her wallet was delivered back from the toilet bowl ;D

"Me me me", "Tell Dietmar Dietmar" and "Number one is Carragher" got a good few airings there too!

Offline Roger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2005, 09:16:14 pm »

:thumbup

feel free to use that if you want as its my pic.

Offline GlentoranMark

• Gin thief.... watch it or it’s gone and the real 'Nasty Pastie' to boot.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2005, 09:26:49 pm »
Top report Christine!!

So many stories, so many new friends met and such a class time!

Cheers everyone, it was great!
S*******s Is A 'Nasty Pastie'

Offline hooded claw

• Foiled by the Anthill Mob
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • The Plate Licked Clean
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2005, 09:41:57 pm »
You said your post would explain why you were knackered yesterday, and you said it had taken you ages.
It was worth it.
Absolute  class, Chris.
 :wellin :wellin :wellin

Offline Ianjaig

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • "We had Heighway on the wing..." BEEP BEEP!!
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2005, 09:45:50 pm »
Absolutely brilliant -  thanks for posting ;D
Bill Shankly to a Liverpool fan:
"Where are you from?"
"I'm a Liverpool fan from London."
"Well laddie . . . . What's it like to be in heaven?"

Offline Simon-1973

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2005, 10:09:51 pm »
Superb stuff Christine.

Well done to everyone who made the trip.
You'll Never Walk Alone

Pheeny

« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2005, 10:24:05 pm »
Excellent and well done Brenda the Badge Queen.

Offline Jonathan Hall ☆☆☆☆☆☆

• The name's Hall... Jonathan Hall. aka DangerPaddy. Olores de cebollas. Carly Cole Stalker. Likes to drink at Bar Fanny.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tapas y Cerveza y vino tinto!
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2005, 10:29:33 pm »
Shit report, all me me me..........
Right which bastards eaten me Tapas?

http://hfdinfo.com/digital/

Offline Spartacus.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • KFS
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2005, 10:31:06 pm »
Shit report, all me me me..........

Ohhhh I know a great song that starts like that.......  ;D
RAWK anti scouse?

Offline Hinesy

• RAWK Editor. Giving it BAFTA’s. 57'sy. Caramel log dealer and comma chameleon. Tory Totty Tonguer
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2005, 10:36:45 pm »
great read Chris, thoroughly enjoyed it :wave
Yep.

Offline Bren1892

• Badge Queen - Goes in through the window and lands in the kitchen
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Got fed up with Liverlady.....
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2005, 10:50:34 pm »
That was a brilliant report Christine, well done and it summed the whole few days up perfectly.   :wave   
YNWA
JFT96

Offline Spartacus.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • KFS
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2005, 10:57:07 pm »
That was a brilliant report Christine, well done and it summed the whole few days up perfectly.   :wave   

I'm glad you like it, on the next trip I would rather you didn’t make me drink all that beer and stay out all night, I thought it was very mean of you to force all that alcohol down my throat  ;)
RAWK anti scouse?

Offline Bren1892

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2005, 11:04:13 pm »
I'm glad you like it, on the next trip I would rather you didn’t make me drink all that beer and stay out all night, I thought it was very mean of you to force all that alcohol down my throat  ;)
No problem  ;)   I'll be very good and have early nights every night, and not lead anyone into the path of temptation (alcohol of course  ;)).
Of course, if you believe that.....  ::)
YNWA
JFT96

Offline Jonathan Hall ☆☆☆☆☆☆

• The name's Hall... Jonathan Hall. aka DangerPaddy. Olores de cebollas. Carly Cole Stalker. Likes to drink at Bar Fanny.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tapas y Cerveza y vino tinto!
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2005, 11:06:44 pm »

Funniest lie i've seen in years, you drank loads AFTER she went home.
Right which bastards eaten me Tapas?

http://hfdinfo.com/digital/

Offline Roger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2005, 11:06:56 pm »
is there anyway to embolden a custom title?

:D   :wave

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2005, 11:59:12 pm »
pretty sure one of the other mods should change Christine's custom title...

"Chatted up Rafa," maybe?

"In charge of supporter/managerial interpersonal relations?"

great report, i'll read it again and again, i can tell...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Bannside Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Proud to be Red
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2005, 12:33:29 am »
Enjoyed reading that Christine, thanks.

Just wish I could have been there.

Offline 70piesanhour

• Flash Gordon approaches
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
  • Robert Sidoli 2005 Grand Slam winner
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2005, 12:45:12 am »
Any score yet ;)
Touch my belly

Offline JohnLFC

• Anny Roader
« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2005, 12:48:14 am »
Is Right Chris :)
UP THE REDS

Offline Spartacus.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • KFS
« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2005, 12:48:48 am »
Any score yet ;)

;D

There is so much more I could say.... all about Lee's world, your txt's, Johns stage dive, spaceman.... and so on...... it was a blast from start to end.

Oh and I'm loving my new custom title  ;D
RAWK anti scouse?

Offline seawa

• will do anything for a hob nob
  • Kopite
« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2005, 12:53:08 am »
Great read Chris, thanks! :wave

Online Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2005, 01:08:16 am »
Great read, thank you. Wish I could have been there in that bar. Rafa is a great guy and wants the best for our club. That's what gives me confidence for the future.

:scarfe

Online filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........
« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2005, 01:41:50 am »
Crackin' report Chris  ;D

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2005, 01:42:05 am »
I've been on a fair few Euro aways, but I have to say, this one was the best yet.
 The only thing I missed was the Rafa pub crawl(didn't fly out till wed). On this trip, everything just fell into place.....people/bars/game/result/away fans....everything.
I was hoping to get to that Mobs bar place before the game and try to meet a few RAWKites, but I was that ballooned, that I was lucky to make the kick off ( one..(ten) more for the road.....yeah right).
So, four days later, and I'm still on a high. Still can't get the Rafa tune and Status Quo out of my head  ;D
As for the RAWKites(who are going)............... see ya all on the 2nd ;)

Offline Dermot

• Rent this renovated space for just £3.99/month. Price includes neon backlighting.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2005, 02:30:37 am »
Cool  8)
The cheek of that mon, deserves a shlap

Offline jean paul

• Kopite
« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2005, 08:32:06 am »
Great report that Christine  :wave

Offline JasonR

• Mr Route planner supreme (but not a travel agent!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: March 13, 2005, 10:36:34 am »
Cracking stories, Chris.

Great to meet up with loads of people again - and like Mark said - so many new friends.

Will never forget when you showed my your picture of Rafa on your phone when we were in the nightclub and went on to tell me about your Carra conversation with him....then tell me again 10 minutes later.....and again about another 10 times that night/morning!

:wave

« Last Edit: March 13, 2005, 10:43:15 am by JasonR »

Offline Murf

• RAWK Wino
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sir Bob Paisley 10 years gone but not forgotten
« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2005, 12:35:26 pm »
That is a billiant read, really enjoyed that Christine nice one "Rafa's all over the world " :)
never forget the 96....... justice   www.contrast.org/hillsborough

NO GAME ON APRIL THE 15th please write to

Rick Parry
Chief Executive
Liverpool Football Club
Anfield Road
Liverpool
L4 0TH

Offline Aremm

• Anny Roader
  • Come On You Mighty Reds
« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2005, 06:04:44 pm »
What a brilliant and colourful report.

I have never been fortunate enough to attend a Euro away, but thanks to Christine I almost felt like I was there reading that.

I laughed, I cried, I felt proud.

Thank you.

Offline Spartacus.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • KFS
« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2005, 06:54:20 pm »
Thank-you Aremm what a lovely thing to say, when you do attend one make sure you give me a shout, I won't lead you astray.... honest  ;)  :wave
RAWK anti scouse?

Offline IrishRed

• Driven but can't drive...
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96
« Reply #35 on: March 13, 2005, 07:40:03 pm »
superb Christine

memories came flooding back there, hairs up and everything!!

going to try and post up a little account of ours sometime, funny stories galore (as you might imagine....)including the story behind how i came up with that song... ;)

the trip couldn't have gone any better, for me it was a meeting of some of the best people in the world, it was a privlege to be there,  every single minute of it
LFC SHOULD NEVER PLAY ON THE 15TH APRIL, NOT THIS YEAR, NEXT YEAR OR ANY OTHER YEAR

Justice

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #36 on: March 13, 2005, 07:52:12 pm »
Nice one Christine, but tell us, how many seconds/minutes went by before you relinquished your vice-grip grip on our leader? hope you didnt leave any bruises/broken bones on his hand :P

Did you guys get any pictures with him (as opposed to him just being in the crowd)?
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: March 13, 2005, 07:58:29 pm »
great read Christine... I too felt I was there... could almost smell Hally for a while but thankfully that has passed. As always, wish I was there.

Offline Bren1892

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: March 13, 2005, 08:22:59 pm »

Did you guys get any pictures with him (as opposed to him just being in the crowd)?

I've got one where I'm showing him my wallpaper pic of StevieG on my mobile, followed by the Shankly screensaver.  Not quite sure why I did that though - he probably thought I was barmy.
YNWA
JFT96

Offline Redlady

• Fantasy Football Queen
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: March 13, 2005, 08:55:38 pm »
Great article, and great pics. He looks like one of the fans!