Author Topic: The small things in life that make you happy  (Read 607381 times)

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Señor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Re: The small things in life that make you happy
« Reply #3280 on: June 18, 2019, 08:52:21 am »
Buying a pair of earphones that have a much higher maximum volume than the old pair

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #3281 on: June 18, 2019, 08:53:46 am »
Buying a pair of earphones that have a much higher maximum volume than the old pair
i thought that one day. til i realized they werent plugged in properly, whole canteen staring at me for having music blaring.

i was sitting thinking "jesus i only paid a couple of quid for these and the sound is amazing"
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3282 on: June 22, 2019, 12:00:53 am »
Just nipped out to pick the missus up from the wine bar, looking to the north and the sky is still light. Long time since I last saw that,
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #3283 on: June 22, 2019, 12:17:16 am »
Just nipped out to pick the missus up from the wine bar, looking to the north and the sky is still light. Long time since I last saw that,
Same here. Just been out taking the dog walkies and the sky was still bright to the north. I used to love night fishing at this time of year. It never truly goes dark, then it's light again around 4am.  8)
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3284 on: June 24, 2019, 03:20:37 pm »
The quality of our goals scored last season. 

League and Champions League were all things of beauty, joy and happiness.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3285 on: June 24, 2019, 03:21:09 pm »
hauling yourself to the gym when you really didnt feel like going

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3286 on: June 24, 2019, 03:35:41 pm »
On Saturday night, met the sister in laws fellas Grandson for the first time - he's a week old and already claimed as a Red (yet another Manc saved from the dark side).

It was weird, as even though we aren't related yet, it felt like he was one of the family.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3287 on: June 26, 2019, 11:03:53 pm »
Pulp Fiction [emoji12]

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Offline stewil007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3288 on: June 27, 2019, 08:40:21 am »
Winding up BMW and Mercedes drivers on the motorway to the point some jumped up tosser threw an apple at my car.

We know how they like to hog the outside lane regardless the lanes inside them are all but empty.  I undertook 3 BMWs and 2 Mercedes and got back into the outside lane to carry on my journey, naturally the one BMW driver slowing almost everyone up decided to speed up when he saw what I was doing but, hey you know I got past anyway.

At that point he starts driving really aggressively, right up my backside, flashing lights etc, what he doesn't know is that my 04 Astra packs a bit of punch, so I leave him for dead, he catches me up, I leave him again....you get the picture.  he tries to undertake, but doesn't have the power to get past.

Anyway, I've had enough of messing around and he goes past me, all arms and mouth going like a good 'un, his missus looked ecstatic.  Mr Mercedes pulls up level with me, starts gesticulating all over the place, so after blowing a kiss at him, he throws an apple at my car......we are doing at least 70 at this point, but what can you do.

I leave the motorway and lo and behold I end up level with Mr BMW again....they really don't like having kisses blown at them do they?

He ends up following me to my work, which is fine by me as I work on a private site and unless you work there, you aren't getting past security or the armed police.

I love the smell of exhaust fumes in the morning.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #3289 on: June 27, 2019, 08:48:29 am »
That thankfully no car full of innocent people was killed by a load of dick swinging guys on the motorway this morning.

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3290 on: June 27, 2019, 08:49:08 am »
when he got to your job what did he do? just drive off?

great trolling mate

Offline stewil007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3291 on: June 27, 2019, 08:56:30 am »
when he got to your job what did he do? just drive off?

great trolling mate

yeah, he couldn't get anywhere, so had no choice

Offline stewil007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3292 on: June 27, 2019, 08:57:49 am »
That thankfully no car full of innocent people was killed by a load of dick swinging guys on the motorway this morning.

very true, road rage is a serious thing, I've probably only just calmed down from the events this morning just now.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3293 on: June 27, 2019, 09:01:34 am »

The BMW and Mercedes drivers are the worst culprits in this, they've obviously got small penis issues, when they cannot deal with an 04 Astra undertaking their company rep mobiles.

Offline stewil007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3294 on: June 27, 2019, 09:05:13 am »
The BMW and Mercedes drivers are the worst culprits in this, they've obviously got small penis issues, when they cannot deal with an 04 Astra undertaking their company rep mobiles.

I missed that part out, Mr Mercedes - in between calling me a wanker and throwing fruit - did point and laugh at my car.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #3295 on: June 27, 2019, 09:05:25 am »

I drive a BM and could neither confirm or deny those penis size allegations.

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3296 on: June 27, 2019, 09:06:00 am »
yeah, he couldn't get anywhere, so had no choice
haha very good

you weren't all innocent but definitely the others were complete shitebags altogether. when one of them charges up to my back bumper flashing lights at me i dont budge. If you hog the lane for no reason then yeah move the fuck over but if im overtaking someone, im doing 70-73mph or so and some fella is behind you trying to get you to move when you cant then they can fuck off.

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #3297 on: June 27, 2019, 09:10:27 am »
The same thing happened to me sometime ago.

I drive my mountain bike around inside the city and at a signal this douchebag pulls right up next to me.

He is driving an e-citybike, like the ones that pensioners use to go on tours. He had a face that speaks of inviting trouble everywhere and had a very punchable face.

And pffts looking at my bike to the tune of "wtf is your bike".  The signal turns green and I start cycling again. He overtakes me and slows down. Undertakes me and slows down. He probably wanted a race. And I was in no mood for one and nor was I equipped.

I get annoyed and turned right into a road where there was a 250 step downhill. And this micro d*ck mofo follows me into the road, falling for the trap.

We reached the end of the road and I hardly stopped. I mountain biked my way down through the steps. While this mofo had to stop and breathe my bike's rubber and my fart.

I felt good that day.

Offline stewil007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3298 on: June 27, 2019, 09:10:57 am »
haha very good

you weren't all innocent but definitely the others were complete shitebags altogether. when one of them charges up to my back bumper flashing lights at me i dont budge. If you hog the lane for no reason then yeah move the fuck over but if im overtaking someone, im doing 70-73mph or so and some fella is behind you trying to get you to move when you cant then they can fuck off.

I know, I should be the bigger man.

Will be my own fault if there is a speeding ticket resting on the door mat in a few days just to get one over some twonk i'll probably never see again

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3299 on: June 27, 2019, 09:16:25 am »
haha very good

Sounds like he was speeding to me. He says they're doing 70, yet he's up the arse of other drivers trying to overtake them? Yeah, well done on speeding amd putting peoples lives in danger pal. Top lad.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline stewil007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3300 on: June 27, 2019, 09:26:37 am »
Sounds like he was speeding to me. He says they're doing 70, yet he's up the arse of other drivers trying to overtake them? Yeah, well done on speeding amd putting peoples lives in danger pal. Top lad.

Never sped yourself?

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3301 on: June 27, 2019, 09:28:38 am »

Never sped yourself?

Does it matter what I have or have not done?

The fact is, you were speeding, you endangered the lives of other road users, and blame other people then come on to social media asking for a pat on the back. You're a great guy.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3302 on: June 27, 2019, 09:33:09 am »
yeah he just said he might get a ticket. not worth it

The fact is, you were speeding, you endangered the lives of other road users, and blame other people then come on to social media asking for a pat on the back. You're a great guy.
they were worse than him but yeah nobody all innocent there

Offline Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3303 on: June 27, 2019, 09:35:30 am »
I had 2 bastards drive up behind me in the third lane a few years back who were flashing lasers into peoples rear view mirror. I very nearly crashed, my impulse was to move to the middle lane. I was half blind for a while, kept seeing it if i shut my eyes for a few hours afterwards. In the end they went by doing well over a hundred.

Offline stewil007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3304 on: June 27, 2019, 09:36:40 am »

I endangered lives did I? please enlighten me?

asked for a pat on the back did I? please enlighten me?

and it is relevant to ask if you have sped, otherwise it would make you a massive fucking hypocrite to call me out wouldn't it?

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3305 on: June 27, 2019, 10:15:58 am »
Unreliable workmen, contacted 2 people to do a small brickwork piece of work outside my back door, a new step basically. No reply to my messages.
Contacted a 3rd, seemed okay, couldn't come round initially when he said he could but did so the day later. Said he would phone with a quote but didn't so had to phone him for it. Booked the job in and he phoned the night before to postpone it, then was due another day and he postponed that too.

Came this morning to do it today at 0830 and then left to go home for something and hasn't come back yet.

Don't really know any other landscape type firms so I guess will just have to put up with him, assuming he comes back.

EDIT - He has returned.  ;D

Unreliable workmen make you happy?

Offline Frank Becton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JB - Fleetwood Face
« Reply #3306 on: June 27, 2019, 10:32:43 am »
Unreliable workmen make you happy?

oops wrong thread could have sworn I put it in the annoy you one.... ;D

Will remove it.
Wherever my boy is that's where I want to be.

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Señor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #3307 on: June 27, 2019, 10:58:23 am »
Unintentionally terrible photoshops

Offline my usenme changed?

• Self-appointed moderator for comic topics
  • Kopite
  • RAWK Librarian
« Reply #3308 on: June 28, 2019, 09:42:35 am »
5 a sides. Now im in my mid thirties, 5 a side really is a great way to keep fit, have fun (as long as my team isnt completely stuffed) and stay in touch with mates.
Mid-Ulster Kopite  ---  BELIEVER

77 * 78 * 81 * 84 * 05 * 19
Follow me on Twitter for stuff about LFC and, er, Libraries. www.twitter.com/@cahalboyd

Offline Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3309 on: June 28, 2019, 10:32:27 am »
5 a sides. Now im in my mid thirties, 5 a side really is a great way to keep fit, have fun (as long as my team isnt completely stuffed) and stay in touch with mates.

All really good points. I drifted away from 6 a side in my early 30s due to work and injuries. The rest of the lads carried on well into their 40s, Im 51 now and havent seen many of them for years. Keep it up as long as you can  :thumbup

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3310 on: June 28, 2019, 11:54:01 am »
there are times i cant be bothered with it but i know id regret it if i couldnt play

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #3311 on: June 28, 2019, 03:31:41 pm »
I endangered lives did I? please enlighten me?

asked for a pat on the back did I? please enlighten me?

and it is relevant to ask if you have sped, otherwise it would make you a massive fucking hypocrite to call me out wouldn't it?

Chill out, it's Friday.  8)
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3312 on: June 28, 2019, 03:48:18 pm »
Thought I came into the "things that annoy you" thread for a minute.

Anyway, what makes me happy is a half-day Friday. Used to have early finishes at my old workplace, it was lovely. Now I finish 5.30pm every Friday, rather grim.

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #3313 on: June 28, 2019, 04:26:08 pm »
Chill out, it's Friday.  8)

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/kfVsfOSbJY0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/kfVsfOSbJY0</a>

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #3314 on: June 28, 2019, 06:03:11 pm »
Learning to use soft pastels at the moment. Someone bought them for me and frankly I didn't have a clue how to use them. But I have to admit its developed now into a really fascinating hobby. It is great to see how easily the colours blend and even if you make a mistake, it doesn't actually matter. It's also very handy if you are fed up, you can slam all the chalk on the page helps get rid of any negative emotions. Everyone should try this.  :)
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #3315 on: June 28, 2019, 08:05:19 pm »
Old James Bond films.

For Your Eyes Only starting now on ITV4 btw.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3316 on: June 28, 2019, 08:10:27 pm »
Old James Bond films.

For Your Eyes Only starting now on ITV4 btw.

That was the film where I finally tired of Roger Moore as Bond. Too much moving his eyebrows around for me.  ;D

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #3317 on: June 28, 2019, 08:13:45 pm »
That was the film where I finally tired of Roger Moore as Bond. Too much moving his eyebrows around for me.  ;D

I wasn’t around when this was first out, so think I’ve been able to mix up the Bonds enough to not get to that stage with him!

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3318 on: June 28, 2019, 08:17:27 pm »
I wasn’t around when this was first out, so think I’ve been able to mix up the Bonds enough to not get to that stage with him!

Lucky you.  ;D

Offline Nitramdorf

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3319 on: June 29, 2019, 05:51:51 pm »
2 Spitfires flying over my garden, one in D-Day markings. Makes my heart beat faster.