Author Topic: Members Sales  (Read 2058912 times)

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
Re: Members Sales
« Reply #15520 on: November 24, 2020, 01:18:38 pm »
I definitely think members will be included in the reckoning. The club are not going to miss out on a mass membership-selling opportunity.

But even if members are included I am not expecting to get hold of a ticket, not until the allocation increases drastically. We're talking 1k tickets available if they go 50/50 between members/STHs, if they ballot them the chances of getting one are slimmer than an ant's eyelash.

Won't stop me buying a membership and throwing my hat into the ring though! And I suspect many thousands will think the same which is why I can't see the club not going down that route

Only members with a certain number of credits though surely? A new member or someone on low credits from last season isn't going to get a look in so it would be pointless buying a membership. There's a finite number on 13+ (is it 5k?) so it's not like the club think they will sell 50k memberships on the back of news we might get 4,000 in the ground.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #15521 on: November 24, 2020, 01:25:30 pm »
Only members with a certain number of credits though surely? A new member or someone on low credits from last season isn't going to get a look in so it would be pointless buying a membership. There's a finite number on 13+ (is it 5k?) so it's not like the club think they will sell 50k memberships on the back of news we might get 4,000 in the ground.

Oh yes, that is a given, I meant members with the required criteria. But it's still far more than what is available, and most of them havent bought a membership for this season yet.

I thought it was a lot more than 5k on 13+?

It was 5k originally, but I'm sure that went up? Could be wrong.

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
  • Now it's time for Jurgens men
« Reply #15522 on: November 24, 2020, 01:48:21 pm »
Oh yes, that is a given, I meant members with the required criteria. But it's still far more than what is available, and most of them havent bought a membership for this season yet.

I thought it was a lot more than 5k on 13+?

It was 5k originally, but I'm sure that went up? Could be wrong.

Closer to 8/9k before fan update

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #15523 on: November 24, 2020, 02:31:48 pm »
Closer to 8/9k before fan update
Cheers, could never remember if it increased from the initial 5k.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15524 on: November 24, 2020, 03:02:54 pm »

That's why there were fuck all left for the all members sales

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15525 on: November 24, 2020, 03:03:58 pm »

Well... they never said it did

But given I was front of the queue for the 4+ and 0 credit sales, there was no more than 1-2k tickets per game. The usual U1 and U9 seats that were left from the 13+ were there with a few kids ones in annie road upper, then about 20 mins into the sale all of the restricted view seats in every stand got released which certainly doesn't make up much in total

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15526 on: November 24, 2020, 03:29:11 pm »
There are no season ticket holders this year.

I'd say for the volume of members who have paid something this year, it would only be fair to allow some members to purchase a ticket

I purposely didn't renew my membership. Presume there would still be time if there was a percentage of tickets going into a some form of members ballot?

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15527 on: November 24, 2020, 03:36:34 pm »
I purposely didn't renew my membership. Presume there would still be time if there was a percentage of tickets going into a some form of members ballot?

Yeah. Hopefully the club announce plans as soon as they know the tier info.

Offline SingFongFC

• Kopite
  • L-I-V, E-R-P, Double O L, Liverpool FC
« Reply #15528 on: November 25, 2020, 12:02:44 pm »

Wonder if the club give priority to members (with required credits of course) who did renew?

Not saying they should, but it’s just something that occurred to me just now. I did renew mine after giving it some thought about whether I should.

Decided to in the end, because when it was up for renewal we all assumed at the time that we’d be back in sooner or later this season, and I thought I’d have to pay the fee at some point anyway!

Offline RebeccaLFC

• Kopite
« Reply #15529 on: November 25, 2020, 12:06:19 pm »
Think Jurgen sort of slipped up when yesterday when asked, he seemed to suggest we where getting 2K which would align with tier 2. Rumour has it Liverpool and London tier 2, other major cities tier 3, no one in tier 1.

Everton have also released there plans.... it’s between season ticket holders and hospitality in a ballot.

Can’t help thinking we’ll do something similar although if we where to do members.. would you all renew again? I haven’t bothered yet... but not sure if it’s worth it currently even for a chance of 2K?

Offline RebeccaLFC

• Kopite
« Reply #15530 on: November 25, 2020, 12:07:46 pm »
Wonder if the club give priority to members (with required credits of course) who did renew?

Not saying they should, but it’s just something that occurred to me just now. I did renew mine after giving it some thought about whether I should.

Decided to in the end, because when it was up for renewal we all assumed at the time that we’d be back in sooner or later this season, and I thought I’d have to pay the fee at some point anyway!

Yeah. I was thinking the same... whether they would prioritise people who renewed before the season started? But not sure if they can do that... as it’s just an extra 30 quid that they’d be missing out by stopping everyone else renewing theirs

Offline SingFongFC

• Kopite
« Reply #15531 on: November 25, 2020, 12:24:24 pm »
Yeah. I was thinking the same... whether they would prioritise people who renewed before the season started? But not sure if they can do that... as it’s just an extra 30 quid that they’d be missing out by stopping everyone else renewing theirs

True, they won’t want to lose out on a load renewing to be in with a chance at the 2k tickets and that will probably be the deciding factor in that case.

However, they are actually selling memberships cheaper now though (got a generic ‘treat someone to a membership for Christmas’ email yesterday and I’m sure that said ‘starting from £15.99’.)

So if they weren’t giving priority to anyone renewing earlier - is that fair that everyone renewing now gets the same chance as members who paid the usual price in the summer?

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #15532 on: November 25, 2020, 12:37:04 pm »
True, they won’t want to lose out on a load renewing to be in with a chance at the 2k tickets and that will probably be the deciding factor in that case.

However, they are actually selling memberships cheaper now though (got a generic ‘treat someone to a membership for Christmas’ email yesterday and I’m sure that said ‘starting from £15.99’.)

So if they weren’t giving priority to anyone renewing earlier - is that fair that everyone renewing now gets the same chance as members who paid the usual price in the summer?

In my eyes (as someone who renewed in the summer) No.

It's always the case with tickets and access to them. People will almost universally come down on the side that benefits them

Offline SingFongFC

• Kopite
« Reply #15533 on: November 25, 2020, 12:44:48 pm »
In my eyes (as someone who renewed in the summer) No.

It's always the case with tickets and access to them. People will almost universally come down on the side that benefits them

Having thought about it some more since I made my last post - wonder if they’d offer some sort of sweetener to members who renewed as normal (voucher for club shop perhaps?) rather than muddying the waters with different priorities regarding any ticket allocation?

All this is assuming members actually get a chance at any of the 2k of course - I’m not convinced we will other than a very small percentage.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #15534 on: November 25, 2020, 12:48:40 pm »
I doubt it, they said when they sent the renewal emails out that if you chose to renew then there wouldn't be any discounts or refunds further down the line. People who paid in the summer knew this.

Offline SingFongFC

• Kopite
« Reply #15535 on: November 25, 2020, 01:20:47 pm »
I doubt it, they said when they sent the renewal emails out that if you chose to renew then there wouldn't be any discounts or refunds further down the line. People who paid in the summer knew this.

Ok, fair enough if that’s what they said - honestly can’t remember, feels like a lifetime ago!

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15536 on: November 25, 2020, 01:29:32 pm »

It would be the most ridiculous thing ever if they did.

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #15537 on: November 25, 2020, 01:55:28 pm »
It would be the most ridiculous thing ever if they did.

Spoken like someone who didn't renew in the summer

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15538 on: November 25, 2020, 01:59:37 pm »

As far as I remember, the club made it abundantly clear that those who didn't renew would not face any detriment.

Lots of members would have been in an awful position financially in the summer that would now be in the position that they could afford it. You think they should get fucked over because some other members weren't adversely affected? A bit Tory that.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2020, 02:01:35 pm by Barneylfc∗ »
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15539 on: November 25, 2020, 01:59:47 pm »

Most people who renewed did so because for some reason they thought they would lose their credits if they didn't

Let's not reward stupidity

Offline 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15540 on: November 25, 2020, 05:37:25 pm »
Most people who renewed did so because for some reason they thought they would lose their credits if they didn't

Let's not reward stupidity

I tried to cancel mine, thought I had and it still got renewed

Worked out alright because I still maxed out my £75 discount on the club store as a member

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #15541 on: November 25, 2020, 07:22:18 pm »
As far as I remember, the club made it abundantly clear that those who didn't renew would not face any detriment.

Lots of members would have been in an awful position financially in the summer that would now be in the position that they could afford it. You think they should get fucked over because some other members weren't adversely affected? A bit Tory that.

I don't recall saying anything of the sort. Keep your "Tory" shouts to yourself.

I'm simply pointing out that people have their own interests at heart.
Season ticket holders will say they deserve priority over a member, a member who renewed in the summer will say they deserve priority over someone who didn't.

The odds of anyone getting a ticket is going to be tiny. It's unlikely to impact anyone if we are honest.

Offline AttaRed

• Main Stander
« Reply #15542 on: November 25, 2020, 07:22:21 pm »
Am I right in thinking that any tickets that a member does manage to get this season, won't count towards future selling arrangements? So assuming at the start of next season we are back to full capacity, it would be members with 13+ credits from 19/20 season who get first dibs in the members sale?

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #15543 on: November 25, 2020, 07:26:54 pm »
Am I right in thinking that any tickets that a member does manage to get this season, won't count towards future selling arrangements? So assuming at the start of next season we are back to full capacity, it would be members with 13+ credits from 19/20 season who get first dibs in the members sale?

You are right with the first question, no one knows how they're going to structure the selling arrangements if we get back to full capacity for next season.

Online ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #15544 on: November 25, 2020, 07:37:04 pm »
I’d be surprised if they let fans from other parts of the country go the game..anyone thinking the same? It’s not exactly what the government will class as essential travel.

I know it would be harsh for many but I think tickets might only go on sale to locals within the city region. People talking about whether they'll be able to go to away games..the answer would probably be no and partly because of the travelling involved.

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15545 on: November 25, 2020, 09:01:32 pm »

I don't recall saying anything of the sort. Keep your "Tory" shouts to yourself.

I'm simply pointing out that people have their own interests at heart.
Season ticket holders will say they deserve priority over a member, a member who renewed in the summer will say they deserve priority over someone who didn't.

The odds of anyone getting a ticket is going to be tiny. It's unlikely to impact anyone if we are honest.

I just dont see how a member who renewed before another member gets priority? It makes absolutely no sense. Why does it matter when someone renewed? I just dont see how that is in any way a legitimate reason for someone to have priority

Why would I renew my membership in the summer when there were no games on sale and wasnt going to be for the forseeable?
« Last Edit: November 25, 2020, 09:15:23 pm by scouser102002 »

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15546 on: November 25, 2020, 09:02:16 pm »

Yes, they confirmed that in October

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #15547 on: November 25, 2020, 10:33:58 pm »
I just dont see how a member who renewed before another member gets priority? It makes absolutely no sense. Why does it matter when someone renewed? I just dont see how that is in any way a legitimate reason for someone to have priority

Why would I renew my membership in the summer when there were no games on sale and wasnt going to be for the forseeable?

So it benefits you if they don't give priority to people who have already paid.

In the same way it benefits my friend if they give priority to season ticket holders with an L1 postcode.

The sales threads and members threads are constantly full of People arguing that people exactly like them should have priority over others.

Locals Vs Out of towners.

People who've been a member for years Vs people who signed up in the most recent year.

It's natural and it happens in all walks of life. Again, it probably won't matter as the odds will be worse than cup final tickets.

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15548 on: November 25, 2020, 11:18:05 pm »
So it benefits you if they don't give priority to people who have already paid.

In the same way it benefits my friend if they give priority to season ticket holders with an L1 postcode.

The sales threads and members threads are constantly full of People arguing that people exactly like them should have priority over others.

Locals Vs Out of towners.

People who've been a member for years Vs people who signed up in the most recent year.

It's natural and it happens in all walks of life. Again, it probably won't matter as the odds will be worse than cup final tickets.

This is not about what benefits me or doesnt benefit me. Its about stupid ways to decide things.

How about we give priority to those whose surnames begin with A-H?
« Last Edit: November 25, 2020, 11:19:57 pm by scouser102002 »

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15549 on: November 26, 2020, 12:19:45 am »
This is not about what benefits me or doesnt benefit me. Its about stupid ways to decide things.

As long as they're starting with A and ending with H I'm fine with that. I'm B  ;D
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15550 on: November 26, 2020, 01:01:43 am »
As long as they're starting with A and ending with H I'm fine with that. I'm B  ;D

I’m H which is why I went up to that :D

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #15551 on: November 26, 2020, 07:02:59 am »

They make decisions people don't agree with all the time.

Plenty don't think it's right season ticket holders get to pick if they go on the auto cup scheme each year before mere members.

You can easily identify those who don't think it's a good idea. Very few will be season ticket holders.

Limit it to surnames beginning with H who live in your postcode.

I'm sure you'd be OK with that stupid decision.

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15552 on: November 26, 2020, 08:15:29 am »
They make decisions people don't agree with all the time.

Plenty don't think it's right season ticket holders get to pick if they go on the auto cup scheme each year before mere members.

You can easily identify those who don't think it's a good idea. Very few will be season ticket holders.

Limit it to surnames beginning with H who live in your postcode.

I'm sure you'd be OK with that stupid decision.

I really don’t think you are getting the point at all

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA, Chester via Newtownards
« Reply #15553 on: November 26, 2020, 08:32:27 am »
There's no reason to give priority to members who renewed their membership, when is the cutoff date for example? Every year as soon as you buy your membership your eligible for tickets, they made it clear that tickets weren't ever guaranteed with this years membership too, i have 3 years history but a new member who signed up last year and renewed should be ahead of me? Doesn't make sense, members are all equal at the start then purchase history applies
« Last Edit: November 26, 2020, 08:34:13 am by TeddyTime33 »

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #15554 on: November 26, 2020, 08:53:13 am »

You're the one who isn't getting my point. I'll leave it alone now.

Have a good day. Up the reds.

Offline ChrisLFCKOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15555 on: November 26, 2020, 09:23:03 am »

We all know it wont happen that way, but its not a stupid question not when lots of companies have been given people special treatment for keeping up subscriptions with them during the pandemic.

I known of places giving them priority booking for those that supported them during the pandemic, giving away free t-shirts, extending the time of memberships.

But at the end of the day it will come down to season ticket holders or season ticket holders and members with purchase history that will get the chance to go.

to be honest I wouldn't put any hope in going as this government will propbably change its mind anyway.  I got excited and was looking forward when they announced about possible attending in October and that never happened.

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15556 on: November 26, 2020, 11:21:58 am »
We all know it wont happen that way, but its not a stupid question not when lots of companies have been given people special treatment for keeping up subscriptions with them during the pandemic.

I known of places giving them priority booking for those that supported them during the pandemic, giving away free t-shirts, extending the time of memberships.

But at the end of the day it will come down to season ticket holders or season ticket holders and members with purchase history that will get the chance to go.

to be honest I wouldn't put any hope in going as this government will propbably change its mind anyway.  I got excited and was looking forward when they announced about possible attending in October and that never happened.

Comparing it to the STH/members debate though, at least that has some logic to it.

Going off which member paid first is as stupid as which surname begins A-H in my opinion.

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15557 on: November 26, 2020, 11:22:14 am »
Tier 2 confirmed.

Offline G a r y

• Sexist Pig. Wants to mate with Dan Bilzerian
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kop 306
« Reply #15558 on: November 26, 2020, 11:30:50 am »