Author Topic: Youth and Under 23 Thread  (Read 12301936 times)

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Youth and Under 23 Thread
« Reply #104240 on: January 10, 2022, 09:10:03 pm »
That 16 year old Bobby Clarke has got a good turn on him. 😀

Tricky little player isn't he.   

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104241 on: January 10, 2022, 09:35:44 pm »
I'm not sure, he came on right at the end and did a beautiful turn to make a really good chance. Yes, he is the one.

Thanks. Another one I'm excited about (not seen him play yet, just heard he's a talent).
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #104242 on: January 10, 2022, 09:38:43 pm »
Thanks. Another one I'm excited about (not seen him play yet, just heard he's a talent).

He seems to have some tricks up his sleeve as Debs said. It should be fun watching him.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Hidegkuti

• Main Stander
« Reply #104243 on: January 11, 2022, 01:26:00 am »
Maybe the youth teams are not brimming with high quality players at the moment, but when are they ever? A generation passed between Stevie G and Alexander-Arnold breaking through.

However, the youth team are now producing players good enough to fill gaps in the squad that would once have been filled by purchases. Even if Neco Williams, Rhys Williams, Morton et al don’t become first team legends, they will make us a tidy profit. For this reason, I think the youth team is doing ok.

I think this is a really important point and one that is usually overlooked - if the academy is able to produce our backup players, not necessary ‘first name of the team sheet’ players, that’s absolutely fine. It allows the first team to spend their limited resources on improving the first team. Add to this the ability to make some sales and generate funds means that it’s a pretty successful model for an academy - with the kicker to top it off being getting a Trent / Curtis once every few years.

In terms of players - I think there are definitely players to get excited about.
- Really like Bajcetic- looks a rolls Royce player - but I would be very surprised if it’s not in the 6, rather than at CB.
- Balagizi has had awful luck, missed the pre-season because of an injury, and has been injured on and off all season, otherwise there’s a very good chance he would have a made a senior appearance by now
- Both fullbacks (Beck and Bradley) could end up saving us quite a bit of money in the long run
- Kaide Gordon has every chance of making it big - looks a superstar
- Freaundorf looks pretty damn useful - technical ability and tenacity - pretty massive ingredients for success here
- Musialowski - bags and bags of talent, but at the moment his decision making is pretty awful - those things can definitely click pretty quickly with players of that age, and given the elite level coaching they receive, he’ll be given every chance

I’m a massive fan of Clarkson, but wonder if his size ends up being his downfall - as he’s such a beautiful player to watch…

Bobby Clark looks a good technical footballer - may have to drop back one line or be groomed into the false 9 role as he doesn’t have the pace for the wide positions - but looks great given he’s only 16 and has never looked out of place every time he’s been on the pitch

I understand the shouts about not getting too excited, and I totally agree that not all or even most of them will make it- but I disagree that the academy has a dearth of talent - the age group we have little talent in is the 19-22 age range - hence why when people watch the u23s it looks bereft of standouts. What we do have is a heck of a lot of talented kids that are 18 or under - so we won’t see them necessarily take off until they fully grow into their bodies…. But there are a lot of very good technical young footballers in the academy currently. Probably most important we have a first manager and coaching staff that are willing to promote these players and provide a pathway to the first team.

Let’s enjoy it while it lasts!

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104244 on: January 15, 2022, 09:25:16 am »
U18s play shitty today on lfctv from 11.55am 👍

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104245 on: January 15, 2022, 10:28:38 am »
The team is: Davies, Davidson, Scanlon, Miles, Chambers, Bajcetic, Frauendorf, Mabaya, Cannnioner, McDonald and Clark. Another chance to see Frauendorf and Clark then.

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104246 on: January 15, 2022, 10:38:04 am »
The team is: Davies, Davidson, Scanlon, Miles, Chambers, Bajcetic, Frauendorf, Mabaya, Cannnioner, McDonald and Clark. Another chance to see Frauendorf and Clark then.

Dear god I'm dumb!

Sorry folks it's not 11.55am it's 10.55am 🤦

Online Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104247 on: January 15, 2022, 11:05:31 am »
Dear god I'm dumb!

Sorry folks it's not 11.55am it's 10.55am 🤦

That’s a bizarre kick off time, are they deliberately trying not to have an audience for it?

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #104248 on: January 15, 2022, 11:24:54 am »
That’s a bizarre kick off time, are they deliberately trying not to have an audience for it?

Police advise? Like a 90s United-Liverpool kick off time.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #104249 on: January 15, 2022, 11:25:43 am »
That was a lovely goal by us, offside though. It’s so annoying that because of the Premiership rules they can’t bring us the derby live.

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104250 on: January 15, 2022, 11:33:12 am »
That was a lovely goal by us, offside though. It’s so annoying that because of the Premiership rules they can’t bring us the derby live.

I was just saying exactly that Jill. 

Youth football doesn't get anywhere near enough coverage so to restrict it further is crazy. 

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #104251 on: January 15, 2022, 11:36:43 am »
This ref is annoying me, the City players earning free kicks as easily as the first team.

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104252 on: January 15, 2022, 11:40:16 am »
This ref is annoying me, the City players earning free kicks as easily as the first team.

It's always the same Jill.  I've seen us have seven bells kicked out of us with nothing awarded or any punishment and us end up with loads of yellows and a sending off or two for barely niggles.

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104253 on: January 15, 2022, 11:41:01 am »
Unlucky lads.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #104254 on: January 15, 2022, 11:42:46 am »
We should be leading this game. We’ve had the best chances so far. Mabaya has been impressive today.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #104255 on: January 15, 2022, 11:50:37 am »
What a soft free kick that is by the City lad at the end. We had a far worse foul earlier on and the ref didn't want to know, pathetic refereeing.

Online Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104256 on: January 15, 2022, 12:27:29 pm »
Police advise? Like a 90s United-Liverpool kick off time.

The game isn’t even a stadium, it’s around a training pitch so don’t see what the risk is to be honest

Online Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104257 on: January 15, 2022, 12:31:15 pm »

Mbabya looks a decent athlete

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #104258 on: January 15, 2022, 12:34:38 pm »
Mbabya looks a decent athlete

He's had a really good game today, he was central to most of our good moves especially in the first half.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #104259 on: January 15, 2022, 12:52:10 pm »
Total travesty we've dominated the second half, yet they nick an undeserved goal at the end. There have been some standouts, Blair has looked really dangerous since coming on, I also think Josh Davidson has caught the eye especially in the second half, as has Mabaya. We've more than held our own against City, but as ever you need to take your chances.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104260 on: January 15, 2022, 12:58:28 pm »
Man City's playacting here. In an U18's game as well.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #104261 on: January 15, 2022, 12:59:18 pm »

It is obviously taught from a young age at City.

Offline Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104262 on: January 15, 2022, 01:03:47 pm »
It is obviously taught from a young age at City.

Maybe but I think it's also been normalised by it being so prevalent at the top level. In virtually every game it happens, it's bound to drip down to other levels.

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104263 on: January 15, 2022, 01:04:56 pm »

I posted about it in the city/Chelsea thread in response to Jill's post.

Absolutely ridiculous from these and the red mancs!

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #104264 on: January 15, 2022, 01:05:13 pm »
Maybe but I think it's also been normalised by it being so prevalent at the top level. In virtually every game it happens, it's bound to drip down to other levels.

The free kick they got at the end of the first half was outrageous, nothing in it at all. One of our players had been all but wiped out earlier on and we got nothing for it.

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104265 on: January 15, 2022, 01:06:14 pm »

Nah mate it's noticeably more prevalent against these and the red mancs.

Offline Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104266 on: January 15, 2022, 01:08:22 pm »
Nah mate it's noticeably more prevalent against these and the red mancs.

Yeah you might be right I suppose, I don't watch a lot of youth games. That one at the end there was just really egregious.

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104267 on: January 15, 2022, 01:13:36 pm »
Yeah you might be right I suppose, I don't watch a lot of youth games. That one at the end there was just really egregious.

Was happening all game.  Squealing, wailing, rolling about, it's like they do a special training session to perfect it.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #104268 on: January 15, 2022, 01:19:38 pm »
Was happening all game.  Squealing, wailing, rolling about, it's like they do a special training session to perfect it.

Did you see their pathetic tactic of making us wait for the second half as well? I was amazed the ref was as patient as he was, their coach should have been booked for it.

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104269 on: January 15, 2022, 02:05:32 pm »
Did you see their pathetic tactic of making us wait for the second half as well? I was amazed the ref was as patient as he was, their coach should have been booked for it.

They're taught every trick in the book to unsettle the opposition and officials to give themselves an advantage.

I know Jurgen looks for the minutest of upticks in every aspect but we never stray beyond the spirit of the game. 

There's far too much gamesmanship now, which added to the unbalanced income revenues give too few, too big an advantage.

I'm actually nearly at that point now where I can't be arsed with it all anymore. 

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #104270 on: January 16, 2022, 10:56:06 am »

I do think the normalisation of cheating which you see through the league now (particularly with English players) must also be somewhat of a learned behaviour from the Academy system at many clubs.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #104271 on: January 16, 2022, 01:40:30 pm »
I do think the normalisation of cheating which you see through the league now (particularly with English players) must also be somewhat of a learned behaviour from the Academy system at many clubs.

It's just players copying other players.  Watch Kaide Gordon in our youth games, he hits the deck as easily as the other Gordon at Everton.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #104272 on: January 16, 2022, 01:45:21 pm »

If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104273 on: January 16, 2022, 01:50:44 pm »
:D Piss off Ross.

Offline Theoldkopite

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Survived The Boy's Pen in the 60's.
« Reply #104274 on: January 18, 2022, 06:58:02 pm »
Young Reds playing Burnley in the FA youth cup. It’s on LFC TV. KO about now!!

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104275 on: January 18, 2022, 07:27:15 pm »
Any streams kicking about?
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #104276 on: January 18, 2022, 08:17:09 pm »
3-1 now Cannonier has just scored with some lovely build-up play from Frauendorf.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #104277 on: January 18, 2022, 08:18:03 pm »
Any streams kicking about?

I had a look for a stream but couldn’t see one.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #104278 on: January 18, 2022, 08:20:05 pm »
4-1 now a lovely goal from Musialowski. His second of the night.

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #104279 on: January 18, 2022, 08:20:46 pm »
4-1 -  what a goal by Musialowski ! I like the look of this lad.