Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: The Title Race 2023/24- Jurgen's Last Dance
« Last post by Crosby Nick on Today at 01:52:52 pm »
Yeah, saw that Barney. 4 out if 6 away from home. All have the potential to be tricky if they don’t start well. Obviously they could win all 4 easily too but there is a hole they could drop points somewhere.
He took a bad tackle on Sunday perhaps he'd have better coming off, unless it was a training accident.
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Diogo Jota (Diogo José Teixeira da Silva)
« Last post by JRed on Today at 01:51:55 pm »
Such a shame he is injured again but it is getting unsustainable now. By far best finisher in the first team squad.
All the introduction of VAR has done is created a breeding ground for conspiracy & corruption fanatics whilst highlighting just how poor the officials in this country are.

Yep, pretty much. If anything, all it has done is increase the amount of people labelling what they do corruption, because there does seem to be more 'evidence' of it, in the shape of atrocious decision making. It hasn't been good for the game, but it's been even worse for officiating.
Give Amorim what he wants. I'd rather a boss manager on top money than a shit manager on reasonable money. In either scenario, we're going to pay the price. At least with the top manager you'll get your money back with prize money and going deep into the CL.

There is a 3rd option.. you give a shit manager top money.
Matthieu Pavon
Ewen Ferguson
Scott Jamieson
Fabrizio Zanotti
Maximilian Kieffer
I just don't see how City can drop points in the run-in with no further distractions, I really don't. And if it is going to happen it has to be this week.

Arsenal on the other hand I really can't see getting maximum points and in fact I can see them dropping points both tonight and on Sunday.

They've 4 away games left. In the first 15 aways, they've dropped points in 5 games. An average of every 3rd game.

Since they lost at Villa in December they've mainly been playing shite away from home. Luton, Everton, Saudi (5 losses in their last 6 prior to the game), Brentford, Bournemouth, Palace with the only decent side being us which they should've lost.

Hopefully Brighton, Fulham and Spurs are arsed about their games.
Give Amorim what he wants. I'd rather a boss manager on top money than a shit manager on reasonable money. In either scenario, we're going to pay the price. At least with the top manager you'll get your money back with prize money and going deep into the CL.

If he wants that kind of salary it needs to be an incentivised one. Anything more than 10-15 mill is based on performance. We'd already be paying 8 figures to Sporting in compensation.

Klopp was paid the big bucks based on what he'd already achieved and his money went up over new deals. If Amorim (or anyone else) come in and do well, then they'd get a salary bump down the line.
I think it's bollocks to be honest. I don't think money is involved I think he just didn't make the list

He's definitely on the list. We aren't idiots.
Mo gets more than that and the manager is (or should be) more important than any player.

That hasn't been true for most managers for many many years now. Players hold power and only very special managers, like Jurgen, are more important than the players. There's no way you can say that about Amorim right now. Stick him on the £200 post tax that he wants then get stuck with him for the whole term of his contract if he doesn't turn out to be very good for us. He hasn't earned that yet and his reputation so far doesn't back that up. Its crazy.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10