Author Topic: Negativity needs to stop....  (Read 31505 times)

Offline viteslesrouges

• Legacy Fan
  • Games : 535. Won : 308. Drawn : 131. Lost : 96
Re: Negativity needs to stop....
« Reply #80 on: June 25, 2011, 10:20:58 am »
..Right here right now.

Am I right or am I talking bollocks?

I can't wait for the new season...
Terry, you're talking sense. As a very seldom poster, I still read the threads and have despaired with many comments and views. There could be quite a few reasons for some of the shite that's posted :
A. No idea about football
B. No idea about LFC
C. No desire to be satisfied/pleased (miserable barstewards)
D. A wish to inflate post count

FFS people, if you can't improve the silence.................shut the f**k up.
You made me forget myself, I thought I was someone else, someone good.

Offline AndrewLFC_1971

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #81 on: June 25, 2011, 10:21:07 am »
I blame Eric Cartman.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #82 on: June 25, 2011, 10:21:18 am »
I can agree the optimists are far outnumbered by the pessimists here. Yet there will always be something to piss and moan about because that'øs just what fans are inclined to do regardless of performances.
Read Mark Platt's wonderful book about our 1946/47 title winning season and that illustrates your point a bit - indeed I've often steered Fat Scouser towards it when he fumes about our support. The Liverpool match going crowd have often been doom merchants.

However, what Terry is saying is that it doesn't matter what we paid for Andy Carroll, I'm / he's sick of the discussion. Regard it as a neutral signing which otherwise would have been an interest payment. So what we paid £16m for Henderson when the skinny centre-part haired Modric was available, who is more likely to be dominating a midfield in two years time? Our player.

Chew perspective everybody and understand we are in fucking good hands.

Nice on Terry.

Offline evie

• "Might have to think about it for a bit, k? No! That's not what I meant! Damn....." Prefers to hold it in.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hero
« Reply #83 on: June 25, 2011, 10:21:41 am »
Questioning the transfers does not mean negativity, it just means disagreeing with a particular desition not with the whole way the club is being runned and even then if somebody disagrees with the way the club is being runned they should be allowed to post it.

Have an open mind please.

Also the club may be on the right desition but we are still paying the price for awful desitions in the past, so its not all unicorns and rainbows, we have no european football and we are still stuck with awful contracts.

It's not about not having an open mind. Of course people have the right to question a price tag but it's the WAY people do it. I think we're all very cautious because we've experienced way too many false dawns but....for example...let's wait and slag off Jordan Henderson before he's even played a game for us. For me that is a shit attitude. What good will it do for Jordan and his career at Liverpool if we all go in with an attitude he will stink for us? That's not very supportive, is it?

I think Terry means these people. Of course it's good to be cautious but come on....why all the "Oh he's shit. We've overpayed. He's not gonna be a good signing" etc.

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #84 on: June 25, 2011, 10:22:09 am »
Ex-fucking-catly.

I'm sick of people being spoiled children, particularly on this forum. Moaning about every player we're linked with, saying how things havent changed, cursing Henderson before he's kicked a ball, saying Comolli is shite. 

Do they not remember where we were 12 months ago? Worried about losing Torres, Mascherano, Reina and Gerrard. Now we've got people moaning that we're not trying to sign big exciting players (all of whom are willing to drop out of CL and even EL for Liverpool apparently).

What has annoyed me the most is someone in the Meireles thread claiming FSG are no different than Hicks and Gillett making us sell to buy. For fucks sake, were 3 weeks into the window and the European window isn't even open yet.

take a step back and look at the bigger picture, and stop moaning because we haven't agreed a fee for Mata, Aguero and whatever marquee signing you want.
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #85 on: June 25, 2011, 10:23:12 am »
Epic posts on an Epic topic.  Seems over the past 3 or 4 years we've gone from one extreme to the other, from the unquestioning loyalty of the Liverpool Way to being called a fucking mindless sheep for daring to trust our manager when he looks to bring in players like Downing and Adam.

Let's get some perspective here; there is such a thing as over analysing - especially when we've got no official word from the club and all we have to go on is hearsay.  The sheer gumption and arrogance of fans who can confidently claim players like Downing are unworthy of us just makes my blood boil.  I've tried to tip toe round the issue as best I can, being a newcomer here and all but please, get a fucking grip some of you.  Shouting louder and louder or droning on and on like a broken record isn't going to make your opinion any more valid than anybody else's.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #86 on: June 25, 2011, 10:25:45 am »
bollox ithink. i can rarely remember the shite on here about Henderson about anyone, never mind a young player starting out.

the analysis of england u21 performances, absolute shite

if he had arrived from another league, at the same age, with the same experience, at the same price, same gobshites would be wanking themselves silly.

its not the same as when we used to sign a player, give him a chance and then discuss his merits in the pub. 

That is rubbish mate and you know it. In days gone past the Internet didn't exist. You discussed his merits in the pub because that was the only forum to do so.

He's English (That rings alarm bells straight away due to any English player being overrated immediately and severely overpriced immediately) and he's largely unproven.

I read and posted in the Under 21s thread where he had a disappointing tournament. A lot of people hadn't seen the lad, hoped to see something from him and were disappointed with his performance. And that's it. It wasn't "Slagging the lad off" or "Not giving him a chance" - he hasn't even fucking turned out for Liverpool ONCE for fucks sake. How can you infer that people "Aren't getting behind him"?

And personally if we signed a foreign player who was young, had few Domestic appearances and one single International Cap for nigh on £20M then I'd be as concerned as I am now. This is an internet forum. It's here to discuss, laugh, joke, moan and enjoy.

Just enjoy it. It won't change. If you won't accept that then you're not going to have much fun.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline vicgill

• "do the simple things but do them well"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Football is the simplest game in the world son,
« Reply #87 on: June 25, 2011, 10:26:05 am »
Seriously, what the fuck happened to our supporters? Granted, I didn't partake in the January transfer window mess but this shit is beyond ridiculous. I am seriously wondering whether if any of the players we sign do not instantly settle, our "fans" are going to eat them alive.

What the fuck happened?

To many people have discovered "Football Manager" and now they all think they are Kenny but alas so many end up as Roy
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and making yourself available to receive a pass, it is really that simple"

"Friend, mourn not, though he premature departs, his wisdom marches on within our hearts"

RIP Ray Osbourne, comrade, epic swindler, and Internet Terrorist Extraordinaire.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #88 on: June 25, 2011, 10:28:23 am »
Epic posts on an Epic topic.  Seems over the past 3 or 4 years we've gone from one extreme to the other, from the unquestioning loyalty of the Liverpool Way to being called a fucking mindless sheep for daring to trust our manager when he looks to bring in players like Downing and Adam.

Let's get some perspective here; there is such a thing as over analysing - especially when we've got no official word from the club and all we have to go on is hearsay.  The sheer gumption and arrogance of fans who can confidently claim players like Downing are unworthy of us just makes my blood boil.  I've tried to tip toe round the issue as best I can, being a newcomer here and all but please, get a fucking grip some of you.  Shouting louder and louder or droning on and on like a broken record isn't going to make your opinion any more valid than anybody else's.

It's close season. This has long been known as "Silly Season" on every forum. With no football, every topic gets discussed to infinity and beyond. It just happens. Happens every season.

My only surprise is that people have 'forgotten'. It's the most predictable thing about footy forums. Take away the football and what are you left with? I rarely venture into the transfer forums and they were moved aside for a reason.

If you don't like it, don't go in there simplesk.

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #89 on: June 25, 2011, 10:29:16 am »
To many people have discovered "Football Manager" and now they all think they are Kenny but alas so many end up as Roy

See again - what the hell mate? Football manager has been around for 20 odd years. People have just discovered it now? Really? I've heard the 'Football Manager' jibe bandied around on here since it was created.

Offline Finn Solomon

• Life sentence
  • Legacy Fan
  • I love Coutinho's balls
« Reply #90 on: June 25, 2011, 10:30:25 am »
Too many people moaning about the transfer forums. It's not perfect but your arrogant sneering posts aren't helping shit either. Knock it off.
Twitter - FinnSolomon
Rafa made it so that you didn't give a shit which fucking ball emerged from Platini's jar.

Offline rednich85

• Gargantuan Wanker. Intimately linked to Keys and Gray.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Stay Black. That's the most important thing.
« Reply #91 on: June 25, 2011, 10:31:38 am »
Too many people moaning about the transfer forums. It's not perfect but your arrogant sneering posts aren't helping shit either. Knock it off.

Shouldn't you be on holiday or sitting outside a pub or something?
"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons."

@rednich85

Offline john_mac

• The Scouse Confucius
  • Legacy Fan
  • Only got 3 bullets and there's 4 of Motley Crew
« Reply #92 on: June 25, 2011, 10:32:10 am »

That is rubbish mate and you know it. In days gone past the Internet didn't exist. You discussed his merits in the pub because that was the only forum to do so.

But the point is when you signed a player you couldn't wait to see him play for Liverpool,half the c*nts on here seem to want players to fail so they can justify being the first to say they were shit.

check the Henderson thread its full of shite
We'll See Things They'll Never See

Offline wooly back red

• Main Stander
« Reply #93 on: June 25, 2011, 10:35:07 am »
Last season has gone, it's history, It's always been the Liverpool way to briefly celebrate whatever acheivements a season brought and then forget it and move on to the next season, the next game. I know it was a roller coaster of a ride and how close we were to going under but things turned out better than any of us could have imagined, but that was last season, time to move on. I know there are people who moan about the club, transfer targets and players but that is what football, human nature and this forum is all about. I for one am glad that we can now discuss players and transfers instead of balance sheets and takeovers. We should not forget what happened buts lets all get excited about next season and the transfer windows and if some posters are negative well thats ok cos this is a football forum that reflects all points of view.

Offline PluckyUnderdog

• Kopite
« Reply #94 on: June 25, 2011, 10:35:19 am »
..Right here right now.

I'm sick of it. The amount of shit that we've been through with the previous owners and all the crap that followed afterwards.
Now we are in a situation with Kenny in charge and no debt and still some people are still not happy?
This time last year we didn't have a pot to piss in and now certain people are questioning paying out for this or that player?
Fuck me, if the vampires were still in charge, would we be taking about any possible transfer targets?

Spot on mate. Unfortunately, I fear you may be fighting a losing battle. For some of our so-called fans, and i use the term as loosely as possible, nothing will ever be good enough.

Offline Alex Raisbeck

• Kopite
  • 'Arry Redknapp,baggy faced bell end bastard.
« Reply #95 on: June 25, 2011, 10:36:04 am »
I totally agree with the OP-I cannot stand all this 'we're out of Europe so nobody will choose us ahead of X' doom and the so called 'reality checks'! From what I can see,we have very little debt after being in danger of receivership,a club legend and proven manager after the incompetent owl,owners willing to spend whatever it needs to get the club back to challenging on all fronts and then being self sufficient,and our major rivals visibly weakening,be it due to debt or having to rebuild an ageing side- the fair play rules should,if enforced, put a spanner in the works of the likes of Man City and we have a lovely away kit!
Some people still seem to be brainwashed by Rupert Murdochs crusade against all things LFC (no-it isn't 'paranoia'!) so let's all create a siege mentality without overdoing the 'internet terrorist thing' (which will bite us in the arse if not reserved for entirely suitable reasons) and look forward to the new season-if we start badly then get behind the team,allow the new players time (I remember Beardsley took a couple of games to get going but was allowed more than two games to find his feet) and ignore the media.
"How many lives has Liverpool skipper? 'Tis a puzzle that's hard to unravel; Each game he plays is the game of his life''....

Offline AndrewLFC_1971

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: June 25, 2011, 10:37:31 am »
See again - what the hell mate? Football manager has been around for 20 odd years. People have just discovered it now? Really? I've heard the 'Football Manager' jibe bandied around on here since it was created.
27 years to be precise !!  8)

Offline Finn Solomon

• Life sentence
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: June 25, 2011, 10:38:43 am »

The pub has Internet access.
Twitter - FinnSolomon
Rafa made it so that you didn't give a shit which fucking ball emerged from Platini's jar.

Offline john_mac

• The Scouse Confucius
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #98 on: June 25, 2011, 10:41:12 am »
The pub has Internet access.

its a shit pub then

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: June 25, 2011, 10:41:20 am »
I'm more concerned about making sure the taxi doesn't turn up before 10.00 now.

Offline Paulie's Wallnuts

• There's an old Italian saying: you fuck up once, you lose two teeth
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blow Me Fuckface
« Reply #100 on: June 25, 2011, 10:42:21 am »
Here here Terry! It's about time we had a reality check to see exactly how far we have come in the 9 months under FSG and the renewed excitement and optimism for the new season.

BRING IT ON!  :wave
'If you are first you are first. If you are second you are nothing.'

Offline rednich85

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: June 25, 2011, 10:42:58 am »
its a shit pub then

hahaha just thought the exact same thing.

All them new fangled drinking spots with wifi.

Give me a shithole that sells cheap beer and has bogs that you can smell from yer seat at the bar.
"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons."

@rednich85

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #102 on: June 25, 2011, 10:43:39 am »
But the point is when you signed a player you couldn't wait to see him play for Liverpool,half the c*nts on here seem to want players to fail so they can justify being the first to say they were shit.

check the Henderson thread its full of shite

I understand that mate. But look at the thread in a different light.

The Henderson transfer was a shock - it was out of the blue (Personally I'm made up that we're back to signing people without anyone knowing it was coming - all behind closed doors - but that's another discussion)..

A lot of people (Including me) had never really noticed the lad. I've obviously seen him play, but he didn't stand out. I didn't particularly notice him above other players. He was just a player from another team that you kind of knew about and knew was 'OK' but nothing more.

Then.. we sign him and he's playing in an U21 tournament. This is perfect. No footy on. New signing and people wanted a proper first look. I think everyone would admit that he had an average to poor tournament. There are several reasons why including Pearce and the opposition - but people were basically posting their thoughts and opinions on a player that they'd had a first look it. Some look a bit harsh - but you have to remember he was playing for ENGLAND which is certainly not everyones cup of tea as a footballing nation given the views of the FA and so on. Then the side was largely populated by Manchester United players. Then they were playing Spain (Who were excellent and a lot of people have a soft spot for) and against that background you had Henderson. A fair few people were probably secretly (or not so secretly) happy that England got knocked out. They are happy to see the Manc players not doing so well. But they wanted to see Henderson do well. It didn't happen. A few doubts were cast. The money was a lot and a forum to discuss that seems to be a reasonable place.

But it's still silly season. There is no more football. I would have your concerns if he crossed that line for us and he was slagged off to high heaven. But I can't see that happening. At the moment he's not a Liverpool FC player. He won't be til he's pulled that Red shirt on and run out for us. People will be willing him on all across footy and all across the forum. I was nonplussed by his display. I was very disappointed at what a poor tournament he had. I'm a bit concerned about what he cost. But when he runs onto the pitch for us in his first game I think you'll find he'll be backed 100%. Then he'll be one of us. Same with every player. There has been discussion and counter discussion. Positivity, negativity and sheer bollocks spouted. But when they cross that line it all goes out of the window. One of OURS has run onto the pitch for us. He'll back backed mate. Don't worry about that.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #103 on: June 25, 2011, 10:44:11 am »

Offline AndrewLFC_1971

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: June 25, 2011, 10:44:21 am »
hahaha just thought the exact same thing.

All them new fangled drinking spots with wifi.

Give me a shithole that sells cheap beer and has bogs that you can smell from yer seat at the bar.
With wooden floors.

Offline Not funny reecehenebry

• Pitbull #2. Fanning the flames of debate since 03/06/10.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105 on: June 25, 2011, 10:45:47 am »
Read Mark Platt's wonderful book about our 1946/47 title winning season and that illustrates your point a bit - indeed I've often steered Fat Scouser towards it when he fumes about our support. The Liverpool match going crowd have often been doom merchants.

However, what Terry is saying is that it doesn't matter what we paid for Andy Carroll, I'm / he's sick of the discussion. Regard it as a neutral signing which otherwise would have been an interest payment. So what we paid £16m for Henderson when the skinny centre-part haired Modric was available, who is more likely to be dominating a midfield in two years time? Our player.

Chew perspective everybody and understand we are in fucking good hands.

Nice on Terry.
This is the slapped around women argument.

Women gets slapped around by boyfriend. After a few years she finally gets rid.

So does that mean she shouldn't care what the next guy is like as long as he doesn't slap her around?

A lot of our fanbase is like that now. It's now a fucking sin not to be all rosy and happy. Don't bother questioning anything, cause now we are buying players. Don't worry about the who's or the why's at least we're not getting the shit kicked out of us.

Terry you're a great guy and all, but fuck off telling me how to support my club. I don't tell you how to.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2011, 10:47:18 am by Not funny reecehenebry »
Why are you looking past this season?

Offline Ski

• daddle. Wouldn't recognise an idea, if it rang his doorbell and got invited in for dinner. He will survive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #106 on: June 25, 2011, 10:46:03 am »
Well said Terry. We live in this information age where you can find out almost anything with a few clicks and even some of those who say they're glad LFC have gone back to doing things the way we used to where everything is kept in house for as long as possible, still want to read all the speculation and be in the know about every deal we're working on. Then because they don't hear or read anything start to panic, make assumptions, think the owners/KK and DC are sitting on their hands doing nothing whilst others are making their moves. We can't have it both ways.

I admit that I'm one that can't stay off the transfer forums, newnow and anywhere else I can find to trawl for info but at the same time I'm trying to be relaxed about it all and telling myself how great it is the the media don't have a clue what we're up to, who our real targets are and who are being used as smokescreens.

It's tough when we are so used to hearing and knowing about it these days when a target if ours even takes a piss let alone signs on the dotted line but for me it's more important that the club are conducting their business below the radar and if it means that like everyone else I had to wait to quench my thirst for info so be it.

I trust these owners and the King and I can wait.
Has Steven Gerrard scored a goal even more important than the one he got against Olympiakos - Is this the start of something BIG?

Offline rednich85

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: June 25, 2011, 10:46:35 am »
With wooden floors.

That ones up for debate! Ever see them boozers with carpet that has no fluff on it, it's been down that long? That's my kind of gaff!!

@rednich85

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #108 on: June 25, 2011, 10:46:55 am »
Well said Terry. We live in this information age where you can find out almost anything with a few clicks and even some of those who say they're glad LFC have gone back to doing things the way we used to where everything is kept in house for as long as possible, still want to read all the speculation and be in the know about every deal we're working on. Then because they don't hear or read anything start to panic, make assumptions, think the owners/KK and DC are sitting on their hands doing nothing whilst others are making their moves. We can't have it both ways.

I admit that I'm one that can't stay off the transfer forums, newnow and anywhere else I can find to trawl for info but at the same time I'm trying to be relaxed about it all and telling myself how great it is the the media don't have a clue what we're up to, who our real targets are and who are being used as smokescreens.

It's tough when we are so used to hearing and knowing about it these days when a target if ours even takes a piss let alone signs on the dotted line but for me it's more important that the club are conducting their business below the radar and if it means that like everyone else I had to wait to quench my thirst for info so be it.

I trust these owners and the King and I can wait.

:lmao

Offline bogrollsbike

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #109 on: June 25, 2011, 10:47:01 am »
This time last year roy hodgson was manager,H&G were in charge,£300million odd debt,and buying players like paul konchesky and poulson.this season kenny dalglish is manager,new owners willing to spend money,no crippling interest payments,marketing deals to rival any team in the league,and being linked to and having a chance to buy decent players.Id say its looking bright.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #110 on: June 25, 2011, 10:47:40 am »
This time last year roy hodgson was manager,H&G were in charge,£300million odd debt,and buying players like paul konchesky and poulson.this season kenny dalglish is manager,new owners willing to spend money,no crippling interest payments,marketing deals to rival any team in the league,and being linked to and having a chance to buy decent players.Id say its looking bright.

Bring back Hodgson ;)

Offline lfcshaunod

• Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #111 on: June 25, 2011, 10:48:11 am »
..Right here right now.

I'm sick of it. The amount of shit that we've been through with the previous owners and all the crap that followed afterwards.
Now we are in a situation with Kenny in charge and no debt and still some people are still not happy?
This time last year we didn't have a pot to piss in and now certain people are questioning paying out for this or that player?
Fuck me, if the vampires were still in charge, would we be taking about any possible transfer targets?

Amen to that brother.
I'M NOT NED STARK'S BASTARD!!!

Offline Not funny reecehenebry

• Pitbull #2. Fanning the flames of debate since 03/06/10.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: June 25, 2011, 10:48:37 am »
Last year I had cancer.

If I get sick this year it's alright, as long as it's not cancer right?
Why are you looking past this season?

Offline Trump's tiny tiny hands

• Legacy Fan
  • Building steam with a grain of salt
« Reply #113 on: June 25, 2011, 10:50:05 am »
One thing is for sure, Kenny is trying to get players in that really want to play for LFC. He is trying to get players to buy into his philosophy and that can deliver his ideas on the pitch. When players and manager are on the same page with the heading: "attacking style", special things can happen. Amazing things happen when the supporters believe in it too.

Offline john_mac

• The Scouse Confucius
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #114 on: June 25, 2011, 10:52:14 am »
I would have your concerns if he crossed that line for us and he was slagged off to high heaven. But I can't see that happening. At the moment he's not a Liverpool FC player.

I think he is.

That said I couldn't give a fuck about England U21s, never watched it. Thank fuck we didn't judge JB on what his perception for England was.

He will be viewed at Anfield on how he performs for Liverpool, doesn't stop the gobshites being on his back, before he's kicked a ball in an LFC shirt, being pricks. Does what he cost really matter now? He's signed, that's gone.

Offline bogrollsbike

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #115 on: June 25, 2011, 10:56:30 am »
Last year I had cancer.

Thats me depressed for the weekend now.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #116 on: June 25, 2011, 10:57:56 am »
I think he is.

That said I couldn't give a fuck about England U21s, never watched it. Thank fuck we didn't judge JB on what his perception for England was.

He will be viewed at Anfield on how he performs for Liverpool, doesn't stop the gobshites being on his back, before he's kicked a ball in an LFC shirt, being pricks. Does what he cost really matter now? He's signed, that's gone.

I think he'll be fully backed mate.

I've already got PMT and it's over 2 months til we kick a ball in anger. Really nervous about the season and the football. And that feels fucking great. First time in years that you can just worry about the footy. We nearly weren't here as a club.

Looking forward to it. I think you'll find as the time cracks on and the season gets nearer, the positivity will shine through from everyone. It's all about the footy at the moment. Long may that continue!

Offline Finn Solomon

• Life sentence
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #117 on: June 25, 2011, 10:58:45 am »
Last year I had cancer.

Hard to think of something worse than cancer.
Twitter - FinnSolomon

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #118 on: June 25, 2011, 10:59:27 am »
Roll on August.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #119 on: June 25, 2011, 10:59:27 am »
This is the slapped around women argument.
Women gets slapped around by boyfriend. After a few years she finally gets rid.
So does that mean she shouldn't care what the next guy is like as long as he doesn't slap her around?
A lot of our fanbase is like that now. It's now a fucking sin not to be all rosy and happy. Don't bother questioning anything, cause now we are buying players. Don't worry about the who's or the why's at least we're not getting the shit kicked out of us.
Terry you're a great guy and all, but fuck off telling me how to support my club. I don't tell you how to.
I've got to pop to me mums otherwise I'd make a cuppa & some toast and enjoy the responses to the above madness. You didn't even get to my very last line did you?