Author Topic: Raheem Sterling  (Read 107992 times)

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
Re: Raheem Sterling, footie idiot
« Reply #40 on: December 1, 2017, 06:32:48 pm »
Didn't Rodgers go on to say he was probably the best young player in Europe or something and then we offered him peanuts compared to other top young players in Europe?

We can thank FSG for that.
Better looking than Samie.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #41 on: December 1, 2017, 06:34:39 pm »
Didn't Rodgers go on to say he was probably the best young player in Europe or something and then we offered him peanuts compared to other top young players in Europe?

I'm not sure what we were offering was peanuts.

As much as City were willing to offer? Yeah, sure, but then when you're owned by a Sheik you don't really give two shits about giving a none world class player £180k a week.

Online Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #42 on: December 1, 2017, 06:34:47 pm »
Lukaku has one goal less and two assists more. So I'd say they're doing about the same, although Sterling's TEAM is  definitely doing a fair bit better than Lukaku's :D

Yes as well as stinking up the place when faced against any decent top 8 side.

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: December 1, 2017, 06:37:03 pm »
Pep’s system gets the best out of him production wise, which has given him the confidence to become an outright better player. His decision making still leaves a lot to be desired if you watch him for an entire 90 minutes, but he gets that many chances to deliver it gets masked over. A little like Salah missing chances earlier in the season.

If he was still here, with everyone fit, I wouldn’t start him.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: December 1, 2017, 06:53:05 pm »
Yes as well as stinking up the place when faced against any decent top 8 side.

That may be the case ( I wouldn't disagree), but in terms of world class talent - especially in the attacking positions - his output his nearly on par with another player who nobody would claim to be world class. Although I said long ago - his development path might follow C. Ronaldo's where he gets better with age and begins to rely on his brain more than his speed and tricks. But right now, Sterling isn't world class, and the player we have replacing him is doing a much better job, currently.

I'll go one better, though - as of now, Anthony Martial has had more of an attacking impact per minute then Sterling, with a goal or assist every 64 minutes. Sterling's having a great purple patch, but the question is how long will it last? If he's truly world class, it will last all season. And next. And the season after that. I'm not too sure that'll be the case though.

Offline liverpool185

• Kopite
« Reply #45 on: December 1, 2017, 08:32:04 pm »
Yer wha?

Rodgers was constantly chatting shit about Raheem every week in front of the camera's, basically bullying him to sign a contract, he just couldn't keep his mouth shut on the situation and no doubt it irked Raheem, it got to the point were i was sick of hearing him talking about the situation so you can only imagine what Sterling was thinking.

His agent is obviously a c*nt but I hold no malice towards Sterling like some of our fans do, we were going no were under Brendan.
David Moyes, a woman beater without actually beating a woman.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: December 1, 2017, 08:33:33 pm »
Rodgers was constantly chatting shit about Raheem every week in front of the camera's, basically bullying him to sign a contract, he just couldn't keep his mouth shut on the situation and no doubt it irked Raheem, it got to the point were i was sick of hearing him talking about the situation so you can only imagine what Sterling was thinking.

His agent is obviously a c*nt but I hold no malice towards Sterling like some of our fans do, we were going no were under Brendan.

That Brendan. He's so eeeeevil!

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #47 on: December 1, 2017, 08:53:24 pm »
That's not the definition of 'constantly getting better' though, is it?

Is he in possibly his best form of his career? Arguably so (although I'd argue possibly not, too). Has he been on an upward trajectory since leaving us to suggest he has been "consistently getting better"? Nah, not a chance.

How many players in their teens and early twenties are ever on a constant upward trajectory. The lad is still 22 coming up to 23 next week. All players have upturns and downturns in their form and doubly so at Sterling's age.

He is a class act who we should of tied down to a long term incentivised deal but we dillied and dallied and he left.

You look at Salah and you can see what is possible for a player with that kind of pace. We could of handled the situation better acted earlier in pretty much the same way as the Emre Can situation. For me we made a mistake all clubs do so maybe we should act with a bit of class and not be so bitter about it.
« Last Edit: December 1, 2017, 09:57:03 pm by Al 555 »
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #48 on: December 1, 2017, 08:54:09 pm »
Sterling is a class act?!

Now i've heard it all.

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #49 on: December 1, 2017, 08:56:10 pm »
Sterling is a class act?!

Now i've heard it all.

As a footballer of course he is.

"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: December 1, 2017, 08:57:11 pm »

I've never heard that phrase applied to someone's footballing technique, but carry on.

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #51 on: December 1, 2017, 08:59:45 pm »
I've never heard that phrase applied to someone's footballing technique, but carry on.

What else would we be talking about on a football forum his Socioeconomic class. He is a class footballer who at 22 is very likely to improve.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: December 1, 2017, 09:00:58 pm »
What else would we be talking about on a football forum his Socioeconomic class. He is a class footballer who at 22 is very likely to improve.

Err his attitude on and off the pitch maybe?

Anyway not getting into this with you.

Carry on.

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #53 on: December 1, 2017, 09:06:00 pm »
Err his attitude on and off the pitch maybe?

Anyway not getting into this with you.

Carry on.

Maybe it would be a good idea to attack the post and not the poster then mate.

Maybe you shouldn't get incredulous about two words in a post and look to take issue with them then.

Carry on.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline whtwht

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: December 1, 2017, 09:09:40 pm »

He's quality and i wish he hadn't left the way he did. He should be here playing his best football.Also dealt with that shite about how many kids he has and all the stuff he was buying his Mum well.
He'll win the league in the next 3 years. Quote me on that.
Quote me on this, but come next season he'll be great for us. Just needs to remove the walking headless chicken next to him

Offline istvan kozma

• Legacy Fan
  • "We have dreams and songs to sing"
« Reply #55 on: December 1, 2017, 09:29:50 pm »
Why do certain posters keep peddling nonsense that it's the Clubs fault for Sterling leaving. Anybody with common sense would realise him and his agent were tapped up by City, people are totally deluded if they think he would turn down the chance to play for a better team on almost 200k a week to stay at LFC, the reason he left QPR for LFC in the first place was because it was the best deal. News just in, every Club goes through contractual disagreements with their players, to try and brainwash people into thinking it's a LFC problem is BS.
« Last Edit: December 1, 2017, 09:35:53 pm by istvan kozma »

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #56 on: December 1, 2017, 09:34:15 pm »
Why do certain posters keep peddling nonsense that it's the Clubs fault for Sterling's leaving. Anybody with common sense would realise him and his agent were tapped up by City, people are totally deluded if they think he would turn down the chance to play for a better team on almost 200k a week to stay at LFC, the reason he left QPR for LFC in the first place was because it was the best deal. News just in, every Club goes through contractual disagreements with their players, to try and brainwash people into thinking it's a LFC problem is BS.

It’s what he’s here for  ;D
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #57 on: December 1, 2017, 09:59:10 pm »
How many players in their teens and early twenties are ever on a constant upward trajectory. The lad is still 22 coming up to 23 next week. All players have upturns and downturns in their form and doubly so at Sterling's age.

He is a class act who we should of tied down to a long term incentivised deal but we dillied and dallied and he left.

You look at Salah and you can see what is possible for a player with that kind of pace. We could of handled the situation better acted earlier in pretty much the same way as the Emre Can situation. For me we made a mistake all clubs do so maybe we should act with a bit of class and not be so bitter about it.

Why do certain posters keep peddling nonsense that it's the Clubs fault for Sterling leaving. Anybody with common sense would realise him and his agent were tapped up by City, people are totally deluded if they think he would turn down the chance to play for a better team on almost 200k a week to stay at LFC, the reason he left QPR for LFC in the first place was because it was the best deal. News just in, every Club goes through contractual disagreements with their players, to try and brainwash people into thinking it's a LFC problem is BS.

You really couldn't make it up  ;)
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: December 2, 2017, 01:08:46 am »
bizarre the people try and say it was just about money. he had no affinity to LFC, Man City are a better prospect for success and winning trophies. no-brainer for him to move, just the shitty way he left and his shitcunt of an agent that sticks in the craw
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #59 on: December 2, 2017, 11:29:34 am »

So we agree then, given I never made the claim about a constant upward trajectory - someone else claimed he had.

Agree with the long term deal, we should have. Questionable if he's a 'class act' like. Def a very decent young player.

You also look at Walcott, Lennon, etc. etc. and see what is possible for a player with that kind of pace.

His decision making is questionable at times, large amount of times. He's going through a great purple patch currently, but remains to be seen how long it lasts.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #60 on: December 2, 2017, 11:39:35 am »
If he doesn't sign a new contract at City I'd love us to be all over him to be honest
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: December 2, 2017, 11:40:55 am »
He was pretty good last season too, 10 goals and over 10 assists in all comps is more than solid for somebody who was only 22 halfway through the season. Will Sterling ever be elite? Not in my opinion but he can certainly become one of the better players in the league.
« Last Edit: December 2, 2017, 11:43:52 am by Gerry Attrick »

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #62 on: December 2, 2017, 12:40:50 pm »
If he doesn't sign a new contract at City I'd love us to be all over him to be honest

Yeah, one can only dream.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: December 2, 2017, 01:06:52 pm »
I've seen plenty of threads following the careers of former players; the gist of this one seems to be "are we ready to admit we made a mistake letting him go and aren't we all jealous of how well he is doing now?"

I'm not.  It's not like he's Torres or Suarez, or even Owen.  As a young player when he left us he was bound to achieve some degree of form in his career at some point, and City are happy to pay him handsomely for his peak years.

We got £50m for him and we pretty much rinsed City at the time because it's taken him this long to even come close to living up to that pricetag.  I'd say he's still a long way from justifying it.

I compare him to Mane and Salah and I say fair play to the lad but I'm happy with what we've got and don't regret letting him go.  If we lost Salah tomorrow for £200m I'd still think we were being robbed.  His departure was mishandled certainly but his attitude at the time did him no favours. 
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: December 3, 2017, 01:51:55 am »
He's also finally living up to that price tag in the most expensively assembled side in premier league history with more attacking talent on the bench than most teams can start.

My take - good for him for finishing the chances and coming up with big goals - but don't pretend he isn't benefitting immensely from the monster attacking talent that surrounds him and draws defenders away regularly.

I don't care about him, and the amount of time we waste debating him and what LFC did "wrong" is silly.

Offline Shady Craig

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: December 3, 2017, 02:45:37 am »
He's turned the corner I wasn't sure he was going to make so fair play to him for that.  He's no Messi though and couldn't give a rats arse what he gets upto after he's left us (unless we can laugh at him about it)

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: December 3, 2017, 03:29:31 am »
He's turned the corner I wasn't sure he was going to make so fair play to him for that.  He's no Messi though and couldn't give a rats arse what he gets upto after he's left us (unless we can laugh at him about it)

Well he still physically resembles an 8 year old having a Christmas morning sugar rush after he ate two selection boxes for Christmas while opening his new "The Professionals" play kit complete with shoulder holster, so we can always laugh at him for that

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #67 on: December 3, 2017, 03:49:21 am »
It was a shame Sterling left but he's moved on and so have we. This season is the best I've seen him play since 2014.

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: December 3, 2017, 05:10:35 am »
I don't think any proper Liverpool supporter has any resentment towards him. He gave us good service, we got an excellent fee for him. Young kid, shady agent, etc. Whatever - not worth thinking about.

Good luck to the lad - he's turning into a fine player and I hope he enjoys a successful career.
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline Chalky Boots

• Legacy Fan
  • Neurotic Fan Fiction
« Reply #69 on: December 3, 2017, 08:57:46 am »
Turning into a great player under Guardiola. Terrible agent but he left for the chance to win things sooner and get paid what others of his age and ability were earning. Tactically he's always been a good player but at times he was guilty of being one paced but he's doing all sorts when you watch this season now, he's linking play between the lines as a 10 then moving wide to receive on the break. Shooting has massively improved also. I think Pep signing Walker has been a huge help though as it does mean he can take up more central areas instead of having to always be the wide receiver like he was under Pellegrini.

Offline Shady Craig

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: December 3, 2017, 10:44:17 am »
Well he still physically resembles an 8 year old having a Christmas morning sugar rush after he ate two selection boxes for Christmas while opening his new "The Professionals" play kit complete with shoulder holster, so we can always laugh at him for that
Haha yeah we will always have that to laugh at won't we, fucking Tyrannosaurus Rex arms on the twat.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: December 3, 2017, 12:55:23 pm »
Hardly anyone i worded it wrongly but thats my point, if there is no animosity towards Suarez fail to see why the same doesn't apply to Sterling who everyone seems to have a lot of dislike for.

And yes he's 22... Should get to a similar level though when all said and done.
Odd comparison for a number of reasons.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: December 3, 2017, 12:57:50 pm »
Didn't like the way he left.

Good player though. Can't say I wouldn't like to see, just for one game, him playing in Bobby's role with Mane and Salah either side. The pace on it ;D defences would shit their pants.

Happy with everyone we do have though so fuck him and the agent he rode out on :P
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline Yanwoo

• Internet. Serious business.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Not a Man Yoo fan
« Reply #73 on: December 3, 2017, 01:05:32 pm »
Turning into a great player under Guardiola. Terrible agent but he left for the chance to win things sooner and get paid what others of his age and ability were earning. Tactically he's always been a good player but at times he was guilty of being one paced but he's doing all sorts when you watch this season now, he's linking play between the lines as a 10 then moving wide to receive on the break. Shooting has massively improved also. I think Pep signing Walker has been a huge help though as it does mean he can take up more central areas instead of having to always be the wide receiver like he was under Pellegrini.

Good thoughts!

I've thought for a while Sterling is one of those players where there's a real risk he might not fulfill his potential, especially if he's not in the right environment to flower. Seems like under Guardiola he may well be in the right place for his development, although I also think that Klopp could have provided that for him too.

I guess the risk is at Man City, whoever you are really, that they just keep buying big making it easy to get pushed out of the first 11 and game time to fall away. So far though, he's done well to keep in and around that first 11.

Offline CowboyKangaroo

• aka WayneSkippy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: December 3, 2017, 01:11:12 pm »
I thought he left cos we took the piss with the contract? I think he's a good player and don't hate him like others do to be honest. He didn't really join one of our rivals and of course he has a better chance of winning trophies at City. It's kinda hard not to when you can spend as much money as you want by gaming the system.

No. He took the piss with the contract. We didn't dick him about at all, his demands just kept going up and up. Straight after 2013-2014 demanding 100k was pretty unreasonable. By the end of 2014-2015 his demands had gone up even further.

No the contract we did offer him would have made him the best played U21 player in the world by some margin at the time.
shut up clown. Naby Keita can buy your life and throw it away.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #75 on: December 3, 2017, 02:14:23 pm »
why are so many still obsessed with this overrated greedy little prick?....Danny Cadamarteri would look good in this City side.....fuck him and his fellow expendables...
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: December 3, 2017, 03:08:28 pm »
When he's surrounded with great players, he'll perform. He was amazing with Suarez, Coutinho, Sturridge. But right now, i like our attackers, and i wouldn't give any of them for Sterling. 
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #77 on: January 15, 2018, 10:33:44 am »
Never seen a player so mentally fragile playing against a former club.

Most of it has to be down to how well Robertson played. But he constantly lets the crowd get inside his head and it shows in how he plays.

The biggest problem is that because we all know it we're just not going to stop. Personally I think it boarded on being a bit small time of us at time. But it is effective so I can only see it continuing

Offline AndreTheMidget

• Kopite
« Reply #78 on: January 15, 2018, 10:40:21 am »
Absolutely shits himself here, it's fucking hilarious. And yeah it probably would have stopped a long time ago under normal circumstances but it gets to him so much it will continue until he finally does something.  ;D

Offline MerseysideBrum

• Legacy Fan
  • Show them the way to go ome
« Reply #79 on: January 15, 2018, 10:47:29 am »
Never seen a player so mentally fragile playing against a former club.
Did you not watch Moreno's games against Sevilla then
The reds are coming up the hill boys.