Author Topic: Thank you Carra!  (Read 55754 times)

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
Re: Thank you Carra!
« Reply #120 on: May 17, 2013, 04:16:34 pm »
Carra is gonna be on talkShite soon, don't know what time it will be, but it will be on the Durham show.

Are they finally going to glove up?
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline joeyboswell

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #121 on: May 17, 2013, 04:44:02 pm »

Offline The 1989 Brit Awards

• He may be of thome aththithtanthe if there ith a thudden kwaithith!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #122 on: May 17, 2013, 05:09:47 pm »
Gotta tell you. One of my favorite Carra moments was at our draw with Reading this season! last minute of the match, Jose Enrique and Sterling were making a mess of a simple ball instead of hoofing it forward(since it was the last minute) as Carra was screaming! The ref whistled FT and Carra just threw his arms in the air and kinda gave a loud "FUCK IT!" :D

Anyone can tell if we win something from here on, Carra will be the first fan there. As well as the one most frustrated if we don't get our act together :D

Offline Torben Piechniks Y-Fronts

• Kopite
  • A Liverbird, upon my chest
« Reply #123 on: May 17, 2013, 05:26:43 pm »
I remember being on the Kop for his first game, think he played centre mid vs villa and got a shit twice deflected goal????????
Think he emptied Andy Townsend as well in that game?
Anyway, what a player he became, the perfect pro, made the most of a certain type of "footballing" ability mixed with superhuman determination and concentration.
We have to use this man for the future of our club in any way we can.

Thank you Jamie, hundreds of thousands of people round the world worship you for what you have done for them for nearly 20 years and that says it all to me.
L-E-G-E-N-D.

"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool."

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #124 on: May 17, 2013, 08:03:01 pm »
That Carra programme was meant to be on at 7 no?
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline kingluisgarcia

• Legacy Fan
  • Twitter@MattWood23
    • JustAnotherFootballBlog
« Reply #125 on: May 17, 2013, 08:08:41 pm »
Sunday will certainly be emotional. It's going to be strange without Jamie around when next season come about!

Anyway, here is my tribute to Carra if anyone's interested; http://justanotherfootballblog.com/jamie-carragher-a-eulogy/

Offline KirkVanHouten

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #126 on: May 17, 2013, 08:14:14 pm »
Really sad to see him go, I'm not really old enough to have watched Liverpool before Carragher's time. This feels like the end of an era for the club. 

Offline mactifosi

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #127 on: May 17, 2013, 09:02:02 pm »
It's hard to think what to write, there are so many superlatives to describe him, so many characteristics to admire.
When he started he was someone you desperately wanted to succeed, someone we could all relate to.

Hope to see him back one day, it would be brilliant to see us winning trophies with JC at the helm.

Offline Death by Football

• Anny Roader
  • ► JFT96 ◄
« Reply #128 on: May 17, 2013, 09:05:51 pm »
Just as well he didn't quit at Christmas. I would have been a right bloody Scrooge.

Offline itsgunnabebarnes!

• Neghead. hard and gagging. Will never be Barnes
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: May 17, 2013, 10:07:02 pm »
Good player in his pomp
'Tramps like us, baby we were born to run!'

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #130 on: May 17, 2013, 10:11:45 pm »
Can still remember watching his goal against Villa from the Kop, can't believe where the time has gone.
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #131 on: May 17, 2013, 10:13:53 pm »
Once again, nice one lid.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline NZ Red

• Kopite
« Reply #132 on: May 17, 2013, 10:50:09 pm »
Thanks Carra. A player you always know will give 100% on the pitch - will be sad watching his last of so many games for us on Sunday

Offline Smudgester

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #133 on: May 17, 2013, 11:20:54 pm »
Is there going to be some speech/presentation for Jamie after the game on Sunday in addition to the usual lap of honour after the last home game ?

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #134 on: May 17, 2013, 11:22:27 pm »
Is there going to be some speech/presentation for Jamie after the game on Sunday in addition to the usual lap of honour after the last home game ?

Stevie is doing a speech apparently.

Offline joeyboswell

• Main Stander
« Reply #135 on: May 17, 2013, 11:45:19 pm »
Gutted I can't make the match. Anybody know channel / feed is most likely to show the speeches etc as well as the game? A lot of these streams tend to switch off after the game or go to pundits but I really want to catch his full send off.

Offline Alistairlfc

• Legacy Fan
  • We See Things They'll Never See
« Reply #136 on: May 17, 2013, 11:58:47 pm »
I dont think he was ever blessed with that pure natural talent that other Legends have, but he made up for by how hard he worked and nobody gave more for the cause than him.

17 years, 1 club.

Thanks for the memories Jamie.

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #137 on: May 18, 2013, 08:25:19 am »
Thanks for the memories and you are welcome back anytime Sir
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: May 18, 2013, 10:00:46 am »
It's just hit me that this is his final game

One in a million you lad ,thanks for everything

Offline Passmaster Molby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: May 18, 2013, 10:55:43 am »
Scary statistic from this season (possibly been mentioned already) but Carra has only started in one of our 9 league defeats this season (West Brom at home) which just goes to show how big a miss he is going to be next season :(

Thankyou Carra - the Rock around which our defence was built.

Offline bigbear

• offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to arrest and imprisonment of the international porridge thief and furniture wrecker Goldilocks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: May 18, 2013, 11:11:34 am »
Favourite Carra comment was the interview before the CL Final in 2005.

"Bigger club than Liverpool?"

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: May 18, 2013, 11:12:49 am »
Gutted I can't make the match. Anybody know channel / feed is most likely to show the speeches etc as well as the game? A lot of these streams tend to switch off after the game or go to pundits but I really want to catch his full send off.

It will most likely be on LFCTV
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #142 on: May 18, 2013, 11:17:03 am »
I argued many years back when I saw him as a kid coming through with the youth that he'd be a top player. Many of my mates though he was shite.

Well done lad for proving them all wrong. And proving me right ;)
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Red Raw

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klopptimistic
« Reply #143 on: May 18, 2013, 11:36:24 am »
Hansen: "Would I like to have played with Carragher?  Too right I would.  He would have been the perfect foil for me, his attributes are completely different to mine - he's 10 times better in the heading and tackling, and 10 times better when it comes to commitment".
. . . takes one to know one.

Hansen also makes the point about his consistency which he described as 'near perfection'.  Lots of players enjoy success as a flourish - brilliant but short lived,  and it's easy as a fan to be seduced by those types of players.  It is the fact that Jamie has maintained his physical ability and mental will to stay at the top of the game for such a long time that is so extraordinary - fuck me, he's probably in the gym now.  An outstanding servant to his club and community.

The media are such a fickle fucking bunch of bastards and I guess it makes sense for him to go and do a bit of punditry while he is in their spotlight, Christ if anyone deserves a bit of easy money its Jamie.  I have no idea what it takes to make it on the box, which rightly or wrongly seems to be where Neville is carving out his future, but there there ain't that much room at the top table for telly folk and I can see JC being less than satisfied at the extra degree of separation from the game that has been his life.

Wish him all the best at Sly, but I don't think there is anyone who doesn't think that he won't be returning in some guise at some point in the future.  We look forward to having him back.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #144 on: May 18, 2013, 12:04:52 pm »
"Who's bigger than Liverpool?"
"What? Bigger? Normally? Or...What?"

Love you to bits Carra for your dedication, what you offered to the club and your work ethic. One of the finest ever defenders for the club and from 2004 and for a good 5 years, you were on the top center backs around.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline Red Ol

• 82 years in this crazy world and still plays with Lego
  • Legacy Fan
  • Children of the night. What music they make.
« Reply #145 on: May 18, 2013, 02:34:29 pm »
His name was Carra
Hard as a Para
He came from Bootle
To help us play
Got Nani crying
Shevchenko sighing
Please don't take or Carra away

Thanks Carra
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain

Offline FernandoSusoLFC

• Has a boner for Bony. Listens on mute. broke the Flanno to Fiorentina story. may be @indykaila or @melly mellwood #incognito
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #146 on: May 18, 2013, 02:44:09 pm »
In a 4-3-3
                                José Manuel Reina
            Glen Johnson -- Sami Hyypiä -- Daniel Agger -- Steve Finnan 
                 Xabi Alonso -- Dietmar Hamann -- Steven Gerrard 
                   Robbie Fowler -- Michael Owen -- Luis Suárez

Carragher lists the best XI he's ever played with at Liverpool: http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/have-you-seen/carra-s-ultimate-lfc-xi

Offline enigma

• Anny Roader
« Reply #147 on: May 18, 2013, 03:13:19 pm »
. . . takes one to know one.

Hansen also makes the point about his consistency which he described as 'near perfection'.  Lots of players enjoy success as a flourish - brilliant but short lived,  and it's easy as a fan to be seduced by those types of players.  It is the fact that Jamie has maintained his physical ability and mental will to stay at the top of the game for such a long time that is so extraordinary - fuck me, he's probably in the gym now.  An outstanding servant to his club and community.

The media are such a fickle fucking bunch of bastards and I guess it makes sense for him to go and do a bit of punditry while he is in their spotlight, Christ if anyone deserves a bit of easy money its Jamie.  I have no idea what it takes to make it on the box, which rightly or wrongly seems to be where Neville is carving out his future, but there there ain't that much room at the top table for telly folk and I can see JC being less than satisfied at the extra degree of separation from the game that has been his life.

Wish him all the best at Sly, but I don't think there is anyone who doesn't think that he won't be returning in some guise at some point in the future.  We look forward to having him back.

True legend of the club - further more, delighted that he is bowing out now - how quickly people forget what he's done.

Let the man go out on a high, on the back of a good run of games & be remembered for this, not a fading bench-warmer.

Thanks for the memories.

Offline andymanlfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #148 on: May 18, 2013, 03:21:54 pm »
Will be so weird seing a team with out Carra next season, Thanks for the great memories!
"The club was great, the people were great and the people from Liverpool - the text messages, the phone calls, the emails, all the tweets I had on my Twitter account - it's unbelievable how much respect they showed me and it's also a bit emotional" - Dirk Kuyt

Offline JohnHobbes

• Resident Expert Paronomasian
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: May 18, 2013, 03:33:05 pm »
Going to be very strange not seeing Carragher's name on the team sheet (or in the squad list) after being an ever present for so very long. Has been a fantastic servant of the club, and but for some of his heroics on the pitch we'd not nearly have been as successful as we've been over that time. Good luck to him post-football with Sky and hopefully he'll come back and be a coach for us sooner rather than later.

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #150 on: May 18, 2013, 03:36:28 pm »
I still can't believe it's his last game 2moro. Don't reckon it'll sink in until well into next season to be honest - it'll just seem like he's injured at first.

Kop's all ready though ;D Face JC23 face
« Last Edit: May 18, 2013, 03:54:15 pm by Shanklygates »
We are a team of one half.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #151 on: May 18, 2013, 03:40:53 pm »
I hope everyone realises that they have to make all the paper mosaic sheets into paper planes and bombard him with them when he walks around after the match.

He'll appreciate that.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline zip

• Legacy Fan
  • That was liquid football!
« Reply #152 on: May 18, 2013, 03:52:22 pm »
Still can't believe it will be his last game tomorrow, fuckin 'ell, it'll be sad day. Hope you enjoy your last match Jamie, be sure to get on the scoresheet (but not with an OG ;) )
One day, people will hopefully look back and say "I was there son. I was there the year that Spurs won nothing again."

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #153 on: May 18, 2013, 04:21:07 pm »
putting that prick andy burton in his place. classic!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPTUvawlpRA

Offline Brooklyn

• Kopite
« Reply #154 on: May 18, 2013, 07:21:46 pm »
Thanks Carra! Legend. Loved watching you play. YNWA  :scarf

Offline SenorGarcia

• Legacy Fan
  • He drinks sangria...
« Reply #155 on: May 18, 2013, 07:47:48 pm »
Jamie  :'( modern day legend. Delighted that he proved me and many others wrong this season.
Thanks Carra. YNWA
"A football club isn't just made up of players, coaches and directors. More than anything else it's the supporters who make a club, and that perhaps is the ingredient which best distinguishes Liverpool Football Club from every other team. The supporters." - Luis Javier García Sanz

Thanks Kenny, for making us believe again. YNWA

Offline sanjay2171

• Kemlynite
« Reply #156 on: May 18, 2013, 07:48:55 pm »
We will miss a great player and a great leader at the back.
Ohhhhhhhh ya beauty, what a hit son, what a hit!

Offline BOBSCOUSE

• Awestruck admirer of the families, YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #157 on: May 18, 2013, 08:38:38 pm »
Reckon that "Team of Carraghers" should be sung continuously - wonder how long it would be before the players cottoned on and started pissing 'emselves laughing?  Probably around Number 94 :-)

Jamie, you're a Liverpool player deserving of the "Legend" tag - thank you for all your effort, desire and unfaltering Scouseness.
JFT96
Here comes retribution motherfuckers!

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #158 on: May 18, 2013, 08:44:19 pm »
A promising young goal scoring midfielder...he's going to be useful for us...

Gosh, I remember listening to the radio as a kid and they went to Anfield when Carragher scored, I got excited about a goalscoring midfielder coming through for us. Didn't quite work out that way :P.  I read an interview with him recently after that and he said he doesn't score much. I just thought he was being modest.

Anyway, good luck to him in the future.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Danyaals Kop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • allez les rouges
« Reply #159 on: May 18, 2013, 09:51:29 pm »
I'm gonna miss you, Jamie lad. Thanks for everything you've done for the club and all the memories. One of my boyhood idols.