Author Topic: Wasps  (Read 78898 times)

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Wasps
« Reply #480 on: July 7, 2018, 01:32:08 pm »
I was out with a pal on a ride a couple of years ago and he got stung on top of his head when a Wasp got into one of the air vents on his helmet.   If only I had a GoPro back then and recorded it.  It looked hilarious.  He weren't laughing to much though    :D

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers

Offline Frank Becton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JB - Fleetwood Face
« Reply #482 on: August 1, 2018, 04:19:15 pm »
I hate them too, though oddly haven't seen anything like as many of the sods this summer, which isn't a bad thing.
Wherever my boy is that's where I want to be.

Offline Alex Raisbeck

• Kopite
  • 'Arry Redknapp,baggy faced bell end bastard.
« Reply #483 on: August 1, 2018, 04:22:02 pm »
Beaked up bees
"How many lives has Liverpool skipper? 'Tis a puzzle that's hard to unravel; Each game he plays is the game of his life''....

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #484 on: August 1, 2018, 04:53:26 pm »
I hate them too, though oddly haven't seen anything like as many of the sods this summer, which isn't a bad thing.

Aren't they dying out?

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #485 on: August 1, 2018, 11:10:26 pm »
Saw loads of wasps in Jamaica last year, even they were chilled out there. Don't see bother people like they do here in the UK.

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #486 on: August 1, 2018, 11:25:45 pm »
Saw loads of wasps in Jamaica last year, even they were chilled out there. Don't see bother people like they do here in the UK.

They are on the Red Stripe rather than the Stella/Strongbow combi

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK's very own spinached up Popeye. Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #487 on: August 1, 2018, 11:43:59 pm »
I do think this might be a bad late summer for wasps being a nuisance.

The really unseasonable warm weather of late seems to have speeded up the end of this seasons wasp colonies quite early as I've noticed just these last couple of days quite a lot attempting to raid my Beehives for honey which usually indicates the wasp nests have now finished resulting in the workers having nothing else to do but be total delinquents.

It could well be quite bad for the next month or so, especially if you are having barbeques or a drink outside.

I don't do polite so fuck yoursalf with your stupid accusations...

Right you fuckwit I will show you why you are talking out of your fat arse...

Mutton Geoff (Obviously a real nice guy)

Offline Ziltoid

• Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #488 on: August 1, 2018, 11:50:00 pm »
Any chance you could kill the c*nts, Mr G.L.Sucker?

The wasps that is.

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK's very own spinached up Popeye. Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #489 on: August 2, 2018, 12:12:38 am »
Any chance you could kill the c*nts, Mr G.L.Sucker?

The wasps that is.

The bees seem to be slowly working their way through them judging by the dead wasps on the hive porch but there are likely thousands of them loose.

We've noticed them around since May and I don't mind them when they have their nests going as they generally keep out of your way, they're busy catching flies and spiders to feed the wasp grubs. But once that's over, they can be problematic and unfortunately destroying the wasp nest this late in their cycle has little actual effect as most of the workers have left it anyway, running wild and loose and sometimes with a real bad attitude.

Citronella candles can have a bit of an effect if you are eating outdoors but some wasps seem do seem immune to them.
I don't do polite so fuck yoursalf with your stupid accusations...

Right you fuckwit I will show you why you are talking out of your fat arse...

Mutton Geoff (Obviously a real nice guy)

Offline Pheel

• Look into my eyes...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Jerzy............Legend
« Reply #490 on: August 2, 2018, 07:23:20 pm »

Great Fun and only a Quid at
 POUNDLAND :wave   Couple of Batteries and they are zapped on impact

« Last Edit: August 2, 2018, 07:26:28 pm by Pheel »
Better today than yesterday...........
           even better tomorrow.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #491 on: August 5, 2018, 05:19:39 pm »

Those fuckers sting when you put you finger in them and turn them on (yes I'm 51 going on 12)

Missus got stung by one of the little fuckers yesterday, landed on her thigh then as she moved stung her and flew off, evil bastards.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #492 on: August 7, 2018, 01:33:36 pm »
Noticed a dying wasp in my living room last night, broken wing, hobbling about.  My friend suggested giving him honey to give him a bit more pep because... actually, I dunno why.  Bees probably.  Anyway, put some honey down for the little guy and after dabbing it with his leg for a while he finally got munching.  And then 5 minutes later he was upside-down.

So I don't know if I made his last few minutes of life heavenly, a delicious honeyed departure from this world, or if I really fucked him up and hastened his demise.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #493 on: August 7, 2018, 02:25:43 pm »
Noticed a dying wasp in my living room last night, broken wing, hobbling about.  My friend suggested giving him honey to give him a bit more pep because... actually, I dunno why.  Bees probably.  Anyway, put some honey down for the little guy and after dabbing it with his leg for a while he finally got munching.  And then 5 minutes later he was upside-down.

So I don't know if I made his last few minutes of life heavenly, a delicious honeyed departure from this world, or if I really fucked him up and hastened his demise.
I would've dropped a CRT telly on his head.  Fucker.
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Offline Slightly Less Mediocre Baron Bennekov

• SNITCH. Has a wotsit the size of a wasp sting. McManaman (doo doooby doo doo!) Mentally slow due to being on RAWK too much.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You'll see it when you believe it!
« Reply #494 on: August 7, 2018, 03:31:10 pm »

For all I care you could've given the fucker napalm and set him on fire. Fucking little fucker that wasp! :no

Offline Lad

• Legacy Fan
  • Press your space face close to mine love.
« Reply #495 on: August 7, 2018, 05:13:29 pm »
Love bees especially bumbles. These cheery fellows are just after nectar and stuff and mean us no harm. You can put your face six inches from a bee while they’re nuzzling a flower and they don’t give a shit.

But wasps...c*nts.

Offline Ziltoid

• Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #496 on: August 7, 2018, 05:36:54 pm »
I would've dropped a CRT telly on his head.  Fucker.

Too fucking right and then flame throwered the c*nt to make sure.

Offline evie

• "Might have to think about it for a bit, k? No! That's not what I meant! Damn....." Prefers to hold it in.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hero
« Reply #497 on: August 14, 2018, 10:07:12 pm »

:lmao

Thanks, I needed a laugh  ;D

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #498 on: August 14, 2018, 11:56:02 pm »
I've warmed to wasps. I don't kill them anymore. I scoop them out of the blow up pool and usher them out of windows. I no longer thrash about like an idiot. They're annoying, but they attack aphids. I like my aphid attackers now.

Online spen71

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #499 on: August 15, 2018, 12:09:15 am »
Millions of the tooled up little fuckers about at the moment.    I’m a window cleaner and I’m forever ducking and diving from the little c*nts

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #500 on: August 16, 2018, 09:26:17 am »
Millions of the tooled up little fuckers about at the moment.    I’m a window cleaner and I’m forever ducking and diving from the little c*nts

Getting to their supposed 'drunk' time of year when they eat fermented fruit. Was at an orchard over the weekend and the wasps were really aggressive wee bastards.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #501 on: August 18, 2018, 05:41:34 pm »
I got stung by one of the stripey-jumpered, helicopter gunshipped little bastards last week in Sefton Park.

Didn't even know it was on me until I felt the sting and looked. That's the first time I've been stung by one in almost 40 years. I'm forever opening the window really wide to let more of the buggers out, too. Funny isn't it. They find their way in through the smallest gap, then can't find their way out of a massive open window without the help of a newspaper assisting them along.  :)

I don't kill them, but I'm not a fan of their unprovoked assaults.  >:(
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #502 on: August 18, 2018, 06:07:47 pm »

I killed a wasp with one of them last week, took about 4 or 5 blasts.

Offline Ycuzz

• of the wonderful things he does! I've soiled myself..
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #503 on: August 19, 2018, 10:08:43 am »
When you get one inside, wait untill he lands, preferably the window. Then just flick him. Knocks them right the fuck out. Then... well, do as ya please.
@Yvanicuzz

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #504 on: August 20, 2018, 09:27:51 am »
I've mentioned it before, but my weapon of choice against all flying insects is hairspray.  Gums them up something wicked and makes it easier to either swat them or nail them with the fly spray.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #505 on: August 20, 2018, 01:07:50 pm »
People should stop hating on Wasps.

They are wonderful creatures and do far more good than harm.

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #506 on: August 20, 2018, 01:12:57 pm »

They started it

Offline Ziltoid

• Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #507 on: August 20, 2018, 01:47:13 pm »

Well ask the stripey fuckers to carry on doing the good things and stop flying at my face and generally making me constantly feel on edge every time one gets in the office.  BASTARDS.

Offline Banquo's Ghost

• Macbeth's on repeat. To boldly split infinitives that lesser men would dare. To.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #508 on: August 22, 2018, 02:51:12 am »

You're just too fond of things wearing stripes.  8)
Be humble, for you are made of earth. Be noble, for you are made of stars.

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #509 on: August 22, 2018, 11:53:33 am »
Agree with the theory that once the nests are built and grubs fed they just go mad.
Had a few days in Cornwall and have been pissing myself at people who sit outside cafes at this time of year and order cream teas etc. and then wonder why they're inundated, most will try to move inside after a few minutes such is the sheer volume of the little bastards.
Saw a waitress trying to clear an abandoned cream tea - must have been dozens of them around it, but she had some kind of blue spray which cleared them for long enough to retrieve the plates and escape.
I wonder how long it takes the average wasp to work out where his nearest Caf is once his nest duties are done?

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #510 on: September 9, 2018, 08:03:05 am »
Just been out with the dogs and unwittingly disturbed a gang of the vicious little bastards.  Been stung 6 times, both dogs got some too and brought 6 of them home, on the dogs and in my fucking boots.

Fuck sake I'm burning all over!!  God knows how the dogs feel but I can tell Lucas is stressed to the max.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #511 on: September 9, 2018, 08:40:59 am »
Just been out with the dogs and unwittingly disturbed a gang of the vicious little bastards.  Been stung 6 times, both dogs got some too and brought 6 of them home, on the dogs and in my fucking boots.

Fuck sake I'm burning all over!!  God knows how the dogs feel but I can tell Lucas is stressed to the max.

Would the ‘Unluckeee’ gif be inappropriate?!

Horrible little bastards they bought, that must have been painful and a bit scary.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #512 on: September 9, 2018, 08:55:36 am »

Must have been scary as anything that. If you haven't got any, nip the chemist when they open, they'll sort you out with something that will sort the stings out.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #513 on: September 9, 2018, 09:10:06 am »
Would the ‘Unluckeee’ gif be inappropriate?!

Horrible little bastards they bought, that must have been painful and a bit scary.
It's still painful mate but thankfully I've not had an allergic reaction yet.

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #514 on: September 9, 2018, 09:19:34 am »
Must have been scary as anything that. If you haven't got any, nip the chemist when they open, they'll sort you out with something that will sort the stings out.
Cheers Rob, it's fine I have a cupboard full of stuff so it's easing a little now.

Dozens just seemed to attach themselves to me.  Inside my coat, on the dogs lead, on my boots and kept appearing from nowhere. 

In the damn car, then on the dogs before we went in the house and couldn't believe that 3 of the little bastards crawled out of my boots after I'd taken them off.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #515 on: September 9, 2018, 09:23:42 am »
Actually can’t think of many things worse than that (spiders probably). I’d imagine dogs can handle stings better than we can with their fur, would that be right?

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #516 on: September 9, 2018, 09:31:56 am »
Actually can’t think of many things worse than that (spiders probably). I’d imagine dogs can handle stings better than we can with their fur, would that be right?
Not sure they can mate.  Lucas hates "buzzy" things anyway so was going mental scratching, shaking and nibbling.

Izzy was just scared witless and both ran away whilst we were heading back to the car. 

Probably didn't help me screaming and Paul hitting out trying to swipe the little bastards off me and the dogs.

All's peaceful now, though Lucas refused his breakfast.

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #517 on: September 10, 2018, 10:24:29 pm »
Hope you and yours are feeling better Debs!

Went outside at about 9:45 pm tonight, heard a buzzing. Hornet. Crawling on the bottom of the back door. Stamped on it. Took three blows. Light up smoke. Another fucker. Same place. Watched him/her crawl over to the body and give a once over. Felt dreadful.

Did my head in for a while, but then 15 minutes later another of these fuckers is banging away at the back window.

FUCK ME, I LIVE IN ENGLAND! What are these fuckers doing here?!

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #518 on: September 10, 2018, 10:26:25 pm »

Went outside at about 9:45 pm tonight, heard a buzzing. Hornet. Crawling on the bottom of the back door. Stamped on it. Took three blows. Light up smoke. Another fucker. Same place. Watched him/her crawl over to the body and give a once over. Felt dreadful.

Did my head in for a while, but then 15 minutes later another of these fuckers is banging away at the back window.

FUCK ME, I LIVE IN ENGLAND! What are these fuckers doing here?!

Docile creatures are hornets, extremely unlikley to attack, unless you hazzle them.
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline Filler.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #519 on: September 10, 2018, 10:40:35 pm »
Docile creatures are hornets, extremely unlikley to attack, unless you hazzle them.

Tell that to my head.