Author Topic: The NFL Thread  (Read 2768533 times)

Offline Garrus

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: The NFL Thread
« Reply #53560 on: August 17, 2019, 08:28:32 am »
Seems not, like dealers HBO were trying to reel you in with that first free hit.

Anyone got ninja links to Episode 2?
There's a post with links on this subreddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/hardknocks/

Check in there every week for links.

Offline Trev20

• Wool
  • Legacy Fan
  • I am not!
« Reply #53561 on: August 17, 2019, 08:44:46 am »
Looks like Kyler Murray got brought back down to Earth with a bump last night against the Raiders.

I appreciate one bad game won’t define his season but he had a shocker by all accounts.
He’s very overrated Pete.

I said this during the draft.

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #53562 on: August 17, 2019, 09:10:27 am »
There's a post with links on this subreddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/hardknocks/

Check in there every week for links.

Cheers
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53563 on: August 18, 2019, 07:52:48 pm »
Cedric Benson has been killed in a accident.

RIP

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #53564 on: August 19, 2019, 08:21:38 am »
Cedric Benson has been killed in a accident.

RIP
Very sad News. RIP

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #53565 on: August 19, 2019, 12:11:31 pm »
Can't believe this Antonio Brown helmet issue is still going on. At this stage, it might just be worth it for the Raiders to threaten to implement the five day letter option: if Brown doesn't report back in five days, he'd be moved to the reserve squad and would be ineligible to play this season for any team, while taking the Raiders off the hook for paying future contract guarantees. This way, you'll see how serious he is about retirement

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #53566 on: August 20, 2019, 02:18:56 am »
'Kinell :lmao

Adam Schefter@AdamSchefter
Raiders’ WR Antonio Brown filed a new grievance against the NFL in an attempt to be able to wear the helmet he wants, per source.

Offline Garrus

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53567 on: August 20, 2019, 08:33:26 am »
Mike Mayock:

“You all know that A.B. is not here today. So here’s the bottom line. He’s upset about the helmet issue. We have supported that. We appreciate that. But at this point we’ve pretty much exhausted all avenues of relief. So from our perspective, it’s time for him to be all in, or all out.

“So we’re hoping he’s back soon. We’ve got 89 guys busting their tails. We’re really excited about where this franchise is going. And we hope A.B. will be a big part of it, starting Week 1 against Denver. End of story. No questions. Just wanted you guys to know where we were.”

Car crash.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #53568 on: August 20, 2019, 11:10:29 am »
Mike Mayock:

Car crash.

Given that he made that statement prior to Brown filing another grievance, you have to wonder how much more they'll tolerate

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #53569 on: August 20, 2019, 11:21:50 am »
'Kinell :lmao

Adam Schefter@AdamSchefter
Raiders’ WR Antonio Brown filed a new grievance against the NFL in an attempt to be able to wear the helmet he wants, per source.

Their answer should be "No. You're a helmet..."

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53570 on: August 20, 2019, 11:24:42 am »
I see JG did well last night :(

1 for 6 for 0 yards, one interception and a 0.0 QB rating on three series

"I just, personally, I have to be better," Garoppolo said after the game.

Correct Jimmy.

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53571 on: August 20, 2019, 04:14:35 pm »
I see JG did well last night :(

1 for 6 for 0 yards, one interception and a 0.0 QB rating on three series

"I just, personally, I have to be better," Garoppolo said after the game.

Correct Jimmy.

Means nothing, honestly. If it's happening in game one there's something to worry about.

I also don't think he'll have an amazing season this time.
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53572 on: August 21, 2019, 12:29:55 am »
Means nothing, honestly. If it's happening in game one there's something to worry about.

Errrr right, ok.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #53573 on: August 21, 2019, 12:51:14 am »
NFL preseason fixtures has to be the most meaningless set of fixtures in all sports, mostly used for evaluating players on the edge of making the team, plenty of teams have gone 0-4 in preseason & won it all, & vice versa, typified by the 08 Lions who went 4-0 in preseason then went 0-16 & exactly the same situation happened for the 2017 Browns..
#Sausages

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53574 on: August 21, 2019, 09:21:27 am »
Yes i think we know pre-season isn't that important for the nailed on starters but it doesn't mean we can't discuss what went on in the games

Shall we just lock the thread until 5th September?

Mignolet made a howler preseason.  We all knew he wasn't even going to be at LFC for much longer. let alone play, but it was still discussed.

Jimmy Garoppolo played just 3 games last season and is coming back from a real bad injury, so it is pertinent what he does in Pre-season.  Especially if you are a 49ers fan.

Offline Trev20

• Wool
  • Legacy Fan
  • I am not!
« Reply #53575 on: August 21, 2019, 10:02:00 am »
Preseason matters!

Patriots 2-0  ;D

Offline KillieRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #53576 on: August 21, 2019, 11:15:23 am »
Preseason matters!

Patriots 2-0  ;D

Are you sure?

So are the Raiders...

Offline Trev20

• Wool
  • Legacy Fan
  • I am not!
« Reply #53577 on: August 21, 2019, 11:20:45 am »
Football is back so let’s all enjoy it.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #53578 on: August 21, 2019, 12:21:31 pm »
Yes i think we know pre-season isn't that important for the nailed on starters but it doesn't mean we can't discuss what went on in the games

Mignolet made a howler preseason.  We all knew he wasn't even going to be at LFC for much longer. let alone play, but it was still discussed.

Jimmy Garoppolo played just 3 games last season and is coming back from a real bad injury, so it is pertinent what he does in Pre-season.  Especially if you are a 49ers fan.

I'm not saying don't discuss stuff, just take preseason games & performances with a pinch of salt.

Must admit having said all that i did watch a bit of the 49ers game, Garoppolo looked rusty than anything else, but it's more what he does once the season starts than in preseason.

Anyway i watched episode 2 of the Raiders Hard Knocks, Johnathan Abram is dumb, can see him being a penalty machine against the Raiders unless the coaches sort him out
#Sausages

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #53579 on: August 21, 2019, 12:23:23 pm »
Meanwhile, the Eagles kicker might be looking over his shoulder if he has any problems. :lmao
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27428652/carli-lloyd-drills-55-yard-fg-eagles-practice
#Sausages

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #53580 on: August 21, 2019, 03:27:02 pm »

I'm not saying don't talk about it! Just don't worry about it.
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53581 on: August 21, 2019, 03:31:17 pm »
been watching the NFL since 2002. Never ever have seen a minute of pre-season games of any kind in that time.

Offline KillieRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #53582 on: August 21, 2019, 04:13:51 pm »
been watching the NFL since 2002. Never ever have seen a minute of pre-season games of any kind in that time.

i`ve been to a few games, they`re generally ok as long as you accept that they are a lower standard of play.

You can see the difference if you`ve been to a regular season game.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #53583 on: August 21, 2019, 04:22:23 pm »
i`ve been to a few games, they`re generally ok as long as you accept that they are a lower standard of play.

You can see the difference if you`ve been to a regular season game.

I imagine, however I'm not keen on watching on a regular season game as it is let alone a pre-season game. I can't be arsed to be 4 hours in a stadium  ;D

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #53584 on: August 21, 2019, 05:55:24 pm »
I imagine, however I'm not keen on watching on a regular season game as it is let alone a pre-season game. I can't be arsed to be 4 hours in a stadium  ;D

I did it once, never again.

Do college football, proper atmosphere.

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #53585 on: August 21, 2019, 06:17:28 pm »
I've enjoyed the london games I've been to, but at the end of skins/bengals tie I was ready for it to be over.

to the point where I sparked up a ciggy as soon as the kick at the end was missed with my "fuck it, what are they going to do? chuck me out?" reasoning.

Offline KillieRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #53586 on: August 22, 2019, 08:38:56 am »
I've enjoyed the london games I've been to, but at the end of skins/bengals tie I was ready for it to be over.

to the point where I sparked up a ciggy as soon as the kick at the end was missed with my "fuck it, what are they going to do? chuck me out?" reasoning.

You could get totally bladdered and forget the whole thing. I`ve seen quite a few at Wembley go down that route; one guy coming back from the bar with a beer tray of four tripped and fell down several  stairs, spraying his beer everywhere and was lucky not to fall into the lower deck.

Football, like FOOTBALL, games enjoyment are largely dependent on the excitement they generate and definitely more so upon how much "skin in the game" you have. I`ve always enjoyed my trips to Wembley, but after several years I have to admit that it was mostly the trip and London that i was going for.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #53587 on: August 23, 2019, 02:39:34 am »
Panthers look terrible. Plus Cam getting injured doesn’t help

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #53588 on: August 23, 2019, 10:33:03 am »
Raiders v Packers preseason game had to be played on a short field
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27442389/raiders-pack-play-80-yard-field-due-issues
#Sausages

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #53589 on: August 23, 2019, 10:50:17 am »
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27442389/raiders-pack-play-80-yard-field-due-issues

Should have just left it with its CFL field dimensions. And hardly anybody showed up due to the high ticket prices anyway

Offline KillieRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #53590 on: August 23, 2019, 03:43:35 pm »

That was weird, i was watching the highlights and was genuinely confused about players celebrating when i thought they`d just got a first down!

Raiders 3-0. End the season now!

Tbf, to me it looks like the Raiders have been playing more first teamers than their opponents so I`m not reading too much into it. I do hope that they arent showing everyone in the league their playbook either. It`s good to get a winnning mentality, but the 0-16 Lions might have thought that too.

I do think we`ll be much better this year, hoping for improvement to 8-8, wouldnt be surprised by 6-10, devasted if anything less.

How does everyone else see their teams doing?

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • At the End of a Storm there's a Golden Sky.
« Reply #53591 on: August 25, 2019, 02:38:17 am »
Andrew Luck is announcing his retirement! Huge bombshell!

And Lamar Miller has just torn his ACL.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2019, 02:46:27 am by mikey_LFC »
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are." - Bill Shankly

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #53592 on: August 25, 2019, 02:40:26 am »

Yep. That's their season in the toilet before it began

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #53593 on: August 25, 2019, 03:14:04 am »
Not that he's going to be broke or anything, but Luck just left 58.1m on the table.

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #53594 on: August 25, 2019, 03:18:16 am »
He got booed and yelled at after the Colts loss to the Bears

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53595 on: August 25, 2019, 03:43:26 am »
Shocking. I dislike the Colts, but Luck seems like a good guy. I wish him a healthy life.

Ironic last name unfortunately.
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Offline voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #53596 on: August 25, 2019, 04:12:15 am »
I've been out and I'm quite twatted.

that is..........fuck. really?

Offline ianrush

• Main Stander
« Reply #53597 on: August 25, 2019, 07:33:05 am »
Luck retiring before RG3.

Offline rodderzzz

• Plonkah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • That's Bullshit Miss!
« Reply #53598 on: August 25, 2019, 07:36:18 am »
Good news for my Jags but man Luck really didn’t have any luck in his career, had all the tools to be a dominate QB

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53599 on: August 25, 2019, 09:30:15 am »
Not that he's going to be broke or anything, but Luck just left 58.1m on the table.
hes made a shit load in his life, if he doesn’t have the heart to do it so the right decision as it’s not a sport you can do half arsed

He got booed and yelled at after the Colts loss to the Bears
why??