Author Topic: Premier League top six teams........  (Read 1091 times)

Offline eAyeAddio

• Legacy Fan
  • The last Kremlin-esque figure in The Main Stand...
Premier League top six teams........
« on: April 20, 2019, 05:55:46 am »
2 of the top 6 Premier League teams are in the Champions' League semi finals.

Another 2 of the top 6 are in the Europa Cup semi finals.

The other 2 are in Manchester...........   How amusing is that ?

They laugh at me because I'm different.
I laugh at them because they are all the same.....

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Premier League top six teams........
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2019, 06:09:02 am »

Maybe they should play-off for the Salford Shield
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline deano2727

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2019, 07:51:44 am »

;D

On a serious note, the premier league will soon be, if it isn't already, be back to the strongest league in the world. If we go on to beat Barca and win the CL that will be confirmed. I think that would make us best in the world and City are up there too, even if we do win the double. The only league that can say they have two teams as good as the PL is Spain. Madrid aren't as good as either ourselves or City. I think ourselves and City are just as good, possibly better than Barca. Spurs are just as good as Atletico for me. United, Chelsea and Arsenal are better then than the teams that make up the rest of the top 6 in Spain.

As well as this, English teams will get better and Spanish teams will regress. Ronaldo has left, Messi will be declining in the next few years (expect him to drop off after this year if he wins another Balon D'or). The money in the PL will bring us further ahead too.

Won't shed any tears myself. Sick of Spanish dominance and them being UEFA's golden children.

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2019, 08:32:04 am »
I'm not surprised with us or with Arsenal and Chelsea getting so far in the Europa - seems to be a fairly weak year for quality teams in that competition and let's not forget Chelsea still have a very expensive squad, they have massively underachieved in the last 2 years.

I'm surprised with Spurs - they got through a tough group and have used a lot of spirit - I'm uncertain as to whether they'll reach these stages consistently or whether they've just done an Arsenal in 06.

I expect us and City to be fighting at the later stages of the CL for a long time now, probably Chelsea when they get a good manager in. Arsenal and United still have a long way to go - United might not even be in it next season so they can all enjoy their city rivals winning another title.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2019, 11:22:48 am »
;D

On a serious note, the premier league will soon be, if it isn't already, be back to the strongest league in the world. If we go on to beat Barca and win the CL that will be confirmed. I think that would make us best in the world and City are up there too, even if we do win the double. The only league that can say they have two teams as good as the PL is Spain. Madrid aren't as good as either ourselves or City. I think ourselves and City are just as good, possibly better than Barca. Spurs are just as good as Atletico for me. United, Chelsea and Arsenal are better then than the teams that make up the rest of the top 6 in Spain.

As well as this, English teams will get better and Spanish teams will regress. Ronaldo has left, Messi will be declining in the next few years (expect him to drop off after this year if he wins another Balon D'or). The money in the PL will bring us further ahead too.

Won't shed any tears myself. Sick of Spanish dominance and them being UEFA's golden children.

Only 2 trophies I've never seen Liverpool win is the league and world club cup. Let's hope by the end of they year the set is complete.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2019, 11:23:57 am »
Only 2 trophies I've never seen Liverpool win is the league and world club cup. Let's hope by the end of they year the set is complete.

The WCC isn't happening again until 2021, but we'll probably be well into a period of success by then anyway.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2019, 11:25:35 am »

and the Mancs like to claim they’re the top football city in the country, 3 european semis or better between them since 2010 (2011, 2016, 2017), we have 4 (2010, 2016, 2018, 2019) and have been shite for the most of that period, chelsea I think also have 4 european semis (2012, 2013, 2014, 2019?)

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2019, 11:28:39 am »
;D

Also barca and real are about to engage in a giant pissing contest with regards to their stadiums, good opportunity for atletico the next few years