Author Topic: Welcome to Liverpool, Fabio Carvalho  (Read 123303 times)

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Re: Welcome to Liverpool, Fabio Carvalho
« Reply #200 on: July 6, 2022, 10:05:47 am »
Asked my Portuguese mate, it's "Car-val-hio".

Same as Ricardo at Chelsea?

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #201 on: July 6, 2022, 11:52:00 am »

Like this compilation of him vs City last season, he's going to fit right in

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/rIMNBQ4lL0M" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/rIMNBQ4lL0M</a>

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #202 on: July 6, 2022, 12:07:03 pm »

That's very nice. Some of the movement around him wasn't too bright, but that will change. His choices however were almost always correct and properly executed. Very exciting.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #203 on: July 6, 2022, 12:12:03 pm »

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/rIMNBQ4lL0M" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/rIMNBQ4lL0M</a>

Its probably the best example of trying to show everyone how he operates, always on the move, will link up well with players around him.

One thing it only showed once (unsurprisingly because he was away to City, who will have the ball loads), is his ability to get shots off in the box and get into great goal scoring positions in the box, which is very encouraging. I reckon in a couple of years he could be someone who gets 10-15 goals in the league.

Online Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #204 on: July 6, 2022, 12:38:47 pm »
The things he does well make him profile very much like a forward in our system given the way our 8s play at the moment. And if he's going to be a forward he'll need to be that sort of threat (10-15 league goals) to get plenty of minutes.

Offline CanuckYNWA

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #205 on: July 7, 2022, 05:10:07 pm »
The things he does well make him profile very much like a forward in our system given the way our 8s play at the moment. And if he's going to be a forward he'll need to be that sort of threat (10-15 league goals) to get plenty of minutes.

Hes very versatile which Klopp loves, pretty sure he can play the LW, RW, 10 and even an 8. Wouldnt be shocked to see him get minutes in RW since we dont have many that can play there

Offline mercurial

• Legacy Fan
  • Lost my mind, let me know if you spot it
« Reply #206 on: July 7, 2022, 07:30:39 pm »
I would say that he has come at exactly the right time to Liverpool. He is having all the skills to be a top top player. Now it is all about making split time decisions and elite level game understanding. When to hold, when to dribble and when to pass sort of thing. Playing against the packed defense he can bring in the skills to create space for others and draw in defenders. No better place to actually develop his skills than Liverpool. Really excited about the future of this young lad.
Kenny: "We play the way we want to play. We play to the style that suits us, no disrespect to other clubs but we don't focus on anybody else"

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #207 on: July 7, 2022, 11:27:17 pm »
I would say that he has come at exactly the right time to Liverpool. He is having all the skills to be a top top player. Now it is all about making split time decisions and elite level game understanding. When to hold, when to dribble and when to pass sort of thing. Playing against the packed defense he can bring in the skills to create space for others and draw in defenders. No better place to actually develop his skills than Liverpool. Really excited about the future of this young lad.

The best thing for me is he adds qualities that we don’t have in midfield and with the 5 subs next season there is absolutely no reason why he won’t clock up a lot of minutes

Online Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #208 on: July 8, 2022, 07:57:05 am »
The best thing for me is he adds qualities that we don’t have in midfield and with the 5 subs next season there is absolutely no reason why he won’t clock up a lot of minutes

I kind of think we do have them in midfield but we don't use them. Keita and Ox are both very capable of getting into the box and scoring goals. Elliott and Jones too most likely.

Offline him_15

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #209 on: July 8, 2022, 08:19:09 am »
Can't wait to see him on the field.
Believer

Offline Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #210 on: July 9, 2022, 10:20:52 am »
Interesting from Klopp on Fabio:

When we watched him it was a pure joy to watch him, absolutely. He can play so many different positions for us, the way we play. At the minute he’s not really set on one position – it’s the wing, it’s the eight, it’s the 10, it’s the false nine if he grows a few more muscles.

“It’s a short-term and a long-term project; he can start tomorrow and he needs to adapt, you can see that a little bit, but when he has the ball that’s proper quality. I’m over the moon that he’s here. Fantastic prospect.”

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/jurgen-klopp-nunez-love-ramsay-fitness-and-carvalho-roles

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #211 on: July 9, 2022, 12:47:34 pm »
Klopp calls for Carvalho to bulk up !
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #212 on: July 9, 2022, 12:50:07 pm »
Inhalers and roids!

Offline footywithuti

• No new LFC topics
  • Boys Pen
Everything you need to know about Fabio Carvalho
« Reply #213 on: July 9, 2022, 09:18:58 pm »
Hi everyone, hope you’re doing well. Some of you might remember me from a couple of weeks ago when I shared videos on what to expect from Darwin Nunez and Calvin Ramsay (or going back even further to January, Luis Diaz). I’ve just done the same for Fabio Carvalho and wanted to post it here for those interested. IMO, he’ll go down as being the best signing of the lot and could potentially be the bargain of the summer. I’ve followed Fulham extensively and believe he’ll fit into Jurgen Klopp’s system like a glove. I’d love to hear your thoughts and am happy to answer any questions you may have that come to mind. Cheers and enjoy your weekend!

https://youtu.be/QZIO2L4i-xs

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Everything you need to know about Fabio Carvalho
« Reply #214 on: July 9, 2022, 09:21:51 pm »
Hi everyone, hope you’re doing well. Some of you might remember me from a couple of weeks ago when I shared videos on what to expect from Darwin Nunez and Calvin Ramsay (or going back even further to January, Luis Diaz). I’ve just done the same for Fabio Carvalho and wanted to post it here for those interested. IMO, he’ll go down as being the best signing of the lot and could potentially be the bargain of the summer. I’ve followed Fulham extensively and believe he’ll fit into Jurgen Klopp’s system like a glove. I’d love to hear your thoughts and am happy to answer any questions you may have that come to mind. Cheers and enjoy your weekend!

I can work with this. Also - if you have a newsletter I can subscribe to - that works too!

Offline footywithuti

• No new LFC topics
  • Boys Pen
« Reply #215 on: July 9, 2022, 09:24:46 pm »
I can work with this. Also - if you have a newsletter I can subscribe to - that works too!

Unfortunately I do not. I can however send you over a copy of Michael Owen's autobiography in case you need help falling asleep.

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #216 on: July 9, 2022, 09:27:58 pm »
Unfortunately I do not. I can however send you over a copy of Michael Owen's autobiography in case you need help falling asleep.

That's considered assault in some circles!

Good video btw.

And yes - if you look at the Carvalho thread - a lot of praise for this signing. It's really amazing getting Elliott and Carvalho out of Fulham as each really has star potential.

« Last Edit: July 9, 2022, 09:44:19 pm by newterp »

Offline footywithuti

• No new LFC topics
  • Boys Pen
« Reply #217 on: July 9, 2022, 09:39:17 pm »
That's considered assault in some circles!

Good video btw.

And yes - if you look at the Carvalho thread - a lot of praise for this signing. It's really amazing getting Elliott and Carvalho out of Fulham as each has really star potential.

;D

Cheers pal, appreciate that and glad to hear you feel that way.

It's absolutely insane, I've got a fair few mates that have a season ticket at Craven Cottage and they're crestfallen, especially given they expected to keep Carvalho for another year when promotion looked likely (and has now come to fruition). As talented as Elliott is (a great player in his own right who I expect big things from in the future) I reckon Carvalho's on a whole different level. You'll see for yourself soon enough  ;)

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #218 on: July 10, 2022, 02:27:42 am »
What sets Carvalho apart for me is his ability on the half turn. The key for a pressing team is to create situations in which you isolate players 1v1 with their back to goal. Your whole team presses, and even if the first press doesn't work, then the pressure just increases.

Klopp just loves players who invite the press. Receive the ball, side on and then use the press to their advantage.

Think of Bobby or Thiago, players who invite pressure and then use it to their advantage. Carvalho fits that scenario perfectly. Add to that Curtis Jones and Harvey Elliot and we have more and more players who invite pressure.

That is the way to dismantle a low block. That for me is our next tactical step forward.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline capt k

• aaaaaaaavemaaaaaaaaan!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • id rather be fishing
« Reply #219 on: July 10, 2022, 03:32:44 am »

good vid, thansk for that..As an aside, i had my eyes diverted for a second or 2.. thought i was listening to Melissa Reddy
JFT 96

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #220 on: July 12, 2022, 10:06:30 am »
What sets Carvalho apart for me is his ability on the half turn. The key for a pressing team is to create situations in which you isolate players 1v1 with their back to goal. Your whole team presses, and even if the first press doesn't work, then the pressure just increases.

Klopp just loves players who invite the press. Receive the ball, side on and then use the press to their advantage.

Think of Bobby or Thiago, players who invite pressure and then use it to their advantage. Carvalho fits that scenario perfectly. Add to that Curtis Jones and Harvey Elliot and we have more and more players who invite pressure.

That is the way to dismantle a low block. That for me is our next tactical step forward.

This is right.

From the scant evidence we have he appears to be superb at receiving on the half turn. Not just receiving but receiving while he's moving at pace. The broken line remains absolutely broken.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #221 on: July 13, 2022, 11:47:06 am »

Great post, it’s a hallmark of a top player isn’t it? he’s got the acceleration to add to this so he can burst away from people when they think they’ve got him, will be a fun player to watch this season

Offline anandg_lfc

• Anny Roader
« Reply #222 on: July 13, 2022, 08:49:42 pm »
He was easily the stand out player in that game for us. Very excited to see how he adapts during the pre-season as there will be many team changes and different tactical setups.

Offline Magz50

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #223 on: July 14, 2022, 02:41:49 am »
He was amazing in his first game, could have scored 2 and had an assist easily. Once he has Salah, Nunez & Diaz to pass to he will lead the league in assists.

Offline Hoenheim

• Legacy Fan
  • Lovely cushioned header for Gerrard...
« Reply #224 on: July 14, 2022, 06:44:30 am »
The way he moves reminds me a lot of Coutinho
I love Emre Can more than both of my children. Fact

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
  • Who ate all the bloody Pringles?
« Reply #225 on: July 14, 2022, 10:17:03 am »
The hair as well, it's a throwback to the early years when RAWK was obsessed with what shampoo Phil used. ;D
I’ve plenty links to the clubs playing and backroom staff as many on here know thank you very much. Fair enough, I admire your optimism. But you’re absolute ostriches if you think this squad, even with 2 or 3 new, “cut price” players with potential get us anywhere close

Offline Dundalis

• Kopite
« Reply #226 on: July 14, 2022, 02:01:51 pm »
My thoughts when I have watched him, the skillset, technical ability and physical profile is very similar. The biggest difference between them is his runs off the ball. Coutinho was a complete offensive hub who wanted to be on the ball all the time and would always be drawn towards the ball to receive so he could make the mazy run, killer pass or long shot. Carvalho makes more super intelligent runs into half spaces to try and and get around or into the penalty box so he can receive a through pass and play one two's, in that way he has a little more David Silva in him IMO. I remember comparing Silva and Coutinho when he was here, and thinking how much more intelligent Silva was at always moving into those dangerous half spaces to be able to deliver unreal angled through passes or score key goals in the box after a brilliant one two pass.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2022, 02:06:45 pm by Dundalis »

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #227 on: July 16, 2022, 01:05:13 pm »
Its probably the best example of trying to show everyone how he operates, always on the move, will link up well with players around him.

One thing it only showed once (unsurprisingly because he was away to City, who will have the ball loads), is his ability to get shots off in the box and get into great goal scoring positions in the box, which is very encouraging. I reckon in a couple of years he could be someone who gets 10-15 goals in the league.

Was he as good as Ox in his prime?

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #228 on: July 17, 2022, 10:58:37 pm »
Just from the preseason so far but he seems very very good, his mastery of the ball in all situations and as has been mentioned above the way he can turn both ways and look after the ball - and pop off a shot in the box, lots of competition for a place but we will have loads of games and it would be great if he broke into the team.

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #229 on: July 17, 2022, 11:02:46 pm »
It's eerie how much he moves like Phil. Silky.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #230 on: July 17, 2022, 11:38:19 pm »
It's eerie how much he moves like Phil. Silky.
Yeah it's that movement that makes him a Klopp LFC player at 19. We  wouldn't bought him if he'd moved like, say, Granit Xhakha. I said if he moved like Xhaka, if he moved like Xhaka, if he mo-oo-oo-oo-oooved, like Xhaka.
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Online afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #231 on: July 18, 2022, 12:34:32 am »
Yeah it's that movement that makes him a Klopp LFC player at 19. We  wouldn't bought him if he'd moved like, say, Granit Xhakha. I said if he moved like Xhaka, if he moved like Xhaka, if he mo-oo-oo-oo-oooved, like Xhaka.

Maguire moves like granite...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #232 on: July 18, 2022, 01:55:22 am »
Maguire moves like granite...
Was thinking Titantic.
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline latortuga

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #233 on: July 18, 2022, 05:38:52 am »
Luis Garcia mentioned in his commentary that he was most excited about this signing and I tend to agree.

Immense talent who dreams big.  May those dreams come true.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #234 on: July 18, 2022, 10:01:47 am »

;D
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #235 on: July 18, 2022, 11:09:23 am »
The hair as well, it's a throwback to the early years when RAWK was obsessed with what shampoo Phil used. ;D
;D
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #236 on: July 18, 2022, 05:30:54 pm »
Was thinking Titantic.
Rather like the Hindenburg. The lookalike similarities are there for all to see as well.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline thegoodfella

• makes reindeer pizza
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...siempre es posible
« Reply #237 on: July 18, 2022, 06:33:06 pm »
I am really excited to see how Carvalho settles in and develops in the team, probably even more than the star signing. The lad's everything we'd hope to see from the likes of Pacheco and Suso.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #238 on: July 19, 2022, 08:35:52 am »
Out of all our signings, I'm the most excited about Carvalho
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #239 on: July 19, 2022, 09:39:42 am »
Looks to have settled in well.  Reckon he could have a big impact next season!