Author Topic: Injury (and absence) related chat (so the news is kept in the other thread)  (Read 576004 times)

Offline lgvkarlos

• Finnished with his shit punnery now.....
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Injury related chat (so the news is kept in the other thread)
« Reply #40 on: November 15, 2021, 10:16:39 am »
Mane returns injured

Henderson returns injured.

FFS. We didn’t send them to the Somme
😂

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #41 on: November 15, 2021, 04:44:38 pm »
3 hamstring injuries in just over a week is a little concerning esp when u add in the other muscle injuries as well. Just hoping the likes of Ox can improve with more minutes on the pitch so they can contribute.

The CL matches are conversely going to be even more important as we need to build a rhythm with the remaining players and get them ready for the Xmas matches.

The amount of muscle injuries we're picking up are again concerning, same as last season. You can't account for the horrible injuries Virg got last season or Harvey this year from shithouse tackles.

There must be a lot of accumulative fatigue with players, especially when we haven't been able to manage the minutes of players like Henderson or rush Keita back for the next game when he  nearly got his leg broke where he then does his hamstring and not been used to a lot of games in quick succession.

They looked shattered at West Ham as well. We can at least take the opportunity to rest players in the remaining CL games.

Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #42 on: November 15, 2021, 09:41:22 pm »
Robertson went off holding his hamstring.

Ffs
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: November 15, 2021, 09:41:56 pm »
Robertson went off holding his hamstring.

Ffs

The players are fucked.

Offline Gods_Left_Boot

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #44 on: November 15, 2021, 09:42:37 pm »
Shocking malpractice by FSG not to spend any money on a third string left back in the summer. Showing no ambition.
September 12, 2012:Truth today, justice tomorrow.

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world.

Online Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: November 15, 2021, 09:46:18 pm »
Shocking malpractice by FSG not to spend any money on a third string left back in the summer. Showing no ambition.

It's at least a position we have decent cover in, but if Robertson's out for a period how long till Tsimikas breaks down again if he starts a run of games? Something he's yet to really do in a Liverpool shirt.

God knows what team we'll have out for the derby at this rate.

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: November 15, 2021, 09:49:08 pm »
Beginning to lose confidence in winning the league, just feels like one of those seasons again, maybe not as horrific as last season (so far anyway) but it's just absolutely relentless and it genuinely feels like we barely go a few days without getting an injury. Great timing with the craziness of November and December, we'll probably still play some first teamers in those nothing games with Porto and Milan as well  ;D

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #47 on: November 15, 2021, 09:49:27 pm »
It's at least a position we have decent cover in, but if Robertson's out for a period how long till Tsimikas breaks down again if he starts a run of games? Something he's yet to really do in a Liverpool shirt.

God knows what team we'll have out for the derby at this rate.

Cheer up. It isn't all doom and gloom.

We don't even know the extent of Robbo's injury.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #48 on: November 15, 2021, 09:50:32 pm »
So that's what 3 injuries on international duty now. Fantastic. Yay. Awesome. Great. Beautiful.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #49 on: November 15, 2021, 09:54:20 pm »
Cheer up. It isn't all doom and gloom.

We don't even know the extent of Robbo's injury.

He was walking around the pitch with the rest of the team after the game.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #50 on: November 15, 2021, 09:54:41 pm »
So that's what 3 injuries on international duty now. Fantastic. Yay. Awesome. Great. Beautiful.

International football sucks balls
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #51 on: November 15, 2021, 09:56:22 pm »

Think we need to wait for confirmation on them really.

Mane was meant to be precautionary and we know nothing on Hendo.

Robbo one might be a long termer if hamstring but we will hopefully have the likes of Milner, Gomez and Jones back.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #52 on: November 15, 2021, 10:16:32 pm »
He was walking around the pitch with the rest of the team after the game.
You mean he walked off the pitch?!
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Dougle

• and the bleu cat!
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: November 15, 2021, 10:30:53 pm »

Oh oh.... :-[

Offline Tonyh8su

• Tonyign0r35u
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #54 on: November 15, 2021, 10:35:12 pm »

I'd love to see stats from other teams or is it only us that gets fucking anal probed by International break every fucking time?

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
« Reply #55 on: November 15, 2021, 10:40:39 pm »
It's so draining going through 2 weeks of internationals just praying and hoping our players don't get injured. It's like a bloody nightmare every single international break. Now we wait and see how bad these actually are.

Hendo was playing every game for us, so you knew the moment he started and played for England he would get injured. It was just inevitable in my mind.

The Robbo one ....who knows. He will play every single minute of every single game for Scotland no matter what we think or hope.

Mane. Subbed after 27 mins and I don't know it sounds like the only reason that happens is if he's injured.

And we still have 1 more day to survive with the rest of them (VVD, Fab, etc)
YWNA

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #56 on: November 16, 2021, 04:38:33 am »
Half the first team injured is pretty ummm….  well….. yeah.
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #57 on: November 16, 2021, 07:20:12 am »
Think we need to wait for confirmation on them really.

Mane was meant to be precautionary and we know nothing on Hendo.

Robbo one might be a long termer if hamstring but we will hopefully have the likes of Milner, Gomez and Jones back.

Robbo has looked like he needs a rest anyway. At least it will give Tsimikas a run of games. He has deserved that.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Dree

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: November 16, 2021, 08:13:34 am »
I better not have heard of anyone we play against Porto next week  ;)

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: November 16, 2021, 08:14:57 am »
I'd love to see stats from other teams or is it only us that gets fucking anal probed by International break every fucking time?

here you go

https://www.premierinjuries.com/injury-table.php
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #60 on: November 16, 2021, 09:05:34 am »
I suppose the one saving grace is that only Bobby looks like its semi long-term. Harvey is back running and hopefully everyone else is back in a week or two (at most)
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: November 16, 2021, 09:12:55 am »
here you go

https://www.premierinjuries.com/injury-table.php

Apart from Firmino, none of those explanations make them sound that bad.

Biggest concern would be Keita.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #62 on: November 16, 2021, 09:18:49 am »
Jones should be fine for the weekend, right?  Just got an eye poke or something.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #63 on: November 16, 2021, 09:23:21 am »
Jones should be fine for the weekend, right?  Just got an eye poke or something.

Yeah. Did he get it in training between Brighton and Ateltico. Think he had to lie down/rest it for a few days.

Haven’t really heard much about it since but you’d assume he’ll be ok by now (dangerous with us probably!).

So midfield options for the weekend (as it stands!)...Fabinho, Ox, Jones, Thiago...maybe Hendo on the assumption that he was just rested by Southgate.

That about right?

And up top we have Mo, Jota, Origi, Minamino and maybe Sadio. Only Bobby is definitely out.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #64 on: November 16, 2021, 09:24:59 am »
We dunno for sure on Sadio yet, do we?

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #65 on: November 16, 2021, 09:28:13 am »
We dunno for sure on Sadio yet, do we?

Not been any news on him. We know he came off after 20 odd minutes and it was a rib injury I think. I don’t doubt he had a knock but hopefully it was just a painful one rather than much damage so I guess there’s a chance he could be around for the weekend.

Blame me when his 5 month lay off is announced later.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: November 16, 2021, 09:39:14 am »

He walked off AND walked back on again.

Worrying times.

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #67 on: November 16, 2021, 10:59:39 am »
These internationals are a fucking pain

Atleast the theory that an extended run in the team will be good for Ox can be put to the test. Hope he takes the minutes he will get and shows more of what he is capable of. Tsimikas is good cover...and hopefully Robbo is not out long

But with Bobby I am hoping we are taking however much time he needs because he will be essential come January.

Most concerning of the injuries is Hendo for me, hope that one isn't for too long...Mane's injury im not sure if he even has one? so will wait and see on that
« Last Edit: November 16, 2021, 11:02:08 am by redk84 »
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Online Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: November 16, 2021, 11:46:11 am »
You'd have hoped the Porto game could be used to ease the likes of Jones and hopefully Milner or Keita back, rather than needing them for the league games either side. Even Thiago really who's still finding fitness.

Instead it's just going to be if you're walking you're playing probably for the next two league games.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #69 on: November 16, 2021, 11:51:27 am »

Depends how bad it was, might need to wear protective eyewear. He's been back in training so clearly his rest period is over. Presume he will be fine to play as it's not like he has muscle worries from the injury.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #70 on: November 16, 2021, 12:24:48 pm »
The players are fucked.

Robertson has only played 60-65% of the total minutes of Liverpool so far this season.

We can’t control what he does for Scotland but his game time with Liverpool has been managed this season.

Same with other players. I’m not sure we are running anyone into the ground so far this season. Salah has played about 85% of the available minutes for Liverpool this season so far. Van Dijk and Alisson have played slightly less. Everyone else in the squad is 75% or lower.

I understand that players playing multiple games in a run is not accounted for here and that it can have an impact. But in terms of total minutes available for Liverpool most of our important 1st team players are playing less than 80%.

What do people think the ideal amount is?
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: November 16, 2021, 01:23:07 pm »
Robertson has only played 60-65% of the total minutes of Liverpool so far this season.

We can’t control what he does for Scotland but his game time with Liverpool has been managed this season.

Same with other players. I’m not sure we are running anyone into the ground so far this season. Salah has played about 85% of the available minutes for Liverpool this season so far. Van Dijk and Alisson have played slightly less. Everyone else in the squad is 75% or lower.

I understand that players playing multiple games in a run is not accounted for here and that it can have an impact. But in terms of total minutes available for Liverpool most of our important 1st team players are playing less than 80%.

What do people think the ideal amount is?

Surely it will vary from player to player? Injuries, playing out of position, even personal worries can have an impact.

Offline Higgins79

• Legacy Fan
  • return of the king
« Reply #72 on: November 16, 2021, 02:10:26 pm »
Sadio is on the training photo from today. Must be good to go.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #73 on: November 16, 2021, 02:10:32 pm »
Sadios in the first training photo today, all is well
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #74 on: November 16, 2021, 02:12:19 pm »
Surely it will vary from player to player? Injuries, playing out of position, even personal worries can have an impact.

Of course there will be a variety of factors from player to player. Factors that also include luck.

I mentioned playing time above since there’s been a narrative built up they we flog our key players. That lack of depth and rotation is a significant, contributory factor to certain players getting injured on occasions.

Based on this season I’m not sure that holds true. Though as you say a multitude of factors will be at play
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: November 16, 2021, 02:12:57 pm »
The players are fucked.

You live for these times mate. Must be loving it.

;D
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: November 16, 2021, 02:14:34 pm »
You live for these times mate. Must be loving it.

;D

Inject it into his veins

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #77 on: November 16, 2021, 02:33:30 pm »
Sadio is on the training photo from today. Must be good to go.

Hendo also trained apparently.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: November 16, 2021, 02:34:31 pm »
Milner was training too, albeit on his own.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #79 on: November 16, 2021, 02:36:55 pm »
Hendo also trained apparently.

Crisis over!