Author Topic: Mohamed Salah - Best in the World *  (Read 2876142 times)

Offline Jambo Power

• Legacy Fan
Re: Mohamed Salah - Best in the World
« Reply #25120 on: January 24, 2023, 03:01:50 am »
Those wanting Salah sold (and there's quite a lot of you, I know, even if a lot of you don't dare say it) might well be disappointed. He has the chance to become Liverpool's second highest ever goal-scorer (as I don't think he'll have the time to beat Rushie) and set/break other records as well. He may well want to pursue those targets rather than vanish into comfortable obscurity elsewhere. Hell, he might even back himself to overtake Rushie, though I think that's unlikely.

Cue "Blah blah blah ruthless, blah blah blah no room for sentiment" from people who don't understand how modern football works

As it stands he would have to score 113 goals in the next two and a half seasons just to become the second highest. He definitely isn't scoring a 174 goals more for us.

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #25121 on: January 24, 2023, 04:59:32 am »
As it stands he would have to score 113 goals in the next two and a half seasons just to become the second highest. He definitely isn't scoring a 174 goals more for us.
Depends how long he stays, innit? Scenes when he gets a new three year contract at the end of this one ;)

But yes I agree with the latter point
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline FLRed67

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #25122 on: January 24, 2023, 08:26:06 am »
Those wanting Salah sold (and there's quite a lot of you, I know, even if a lot of you don't dare say it) might well be disappointed. He has the chance to become Liverpool's second highest ever goal-scorer (as I don't think he'll have the time to beat Rushie) and set/break other records as well. He may well want to pursue those targets rather than vanish into comfortable obscurity elsewhere. Hell, he might even back himself to overtake Rushie, though I think that's unlikely.

Cue "Blah blah blah ruthless, blah blah blah no room for sentiment" from people who don't understand how modern football works

This is a very important point that needs emphasizing.

Because, as we all know, LFC exists to pay individual players Ronaldo-benchmarked salaries so they can stick around long enough to score a goal every once in a while in order to slowly inch their way up the individual goalscoring rankings.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2023, 08:36:20 am by FLRed67 »

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #25123 on: January 24, 2023, 08:37:06 am »
This is a very important point that needs emphasizing.

Because, as we all know, LFC exists to pay individual players Ronaldo-benchmarked salaries so they can stick around long enough to score a goal every few games in order to slowly inch their way up the individual goalscoring rankings.

So glad you agree. Always know I can rely upon you for backup

You're the Harvey to my Mo
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #25124 on: January 24, 2023, 10:05:27 am »
We wouldn’t be able to sell him even if we tried.

I fear the answer....but why would you think that? Someones just dropped £200 million odd for a 37 year old Ronaldo and he can barely run anymore, but you dont think we could sell a 30 year old Mo Salah who still has absolutely elite attacking metrics in a struggling side....?
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #25125 on: January 24, 2023, 10:14:22 am »
I fear the answer....but why would you think that? Someones just dropped £200 million odd for a 37 year old Ronaldo and he can barely run anymore, but you dont think we could sell a 30 year old Mo Salah who still has absolutely elite attacking metrics in a struggling side....?
Didn't you get the memo? All our players are shite. Mudryk* is better than them all

*or insert any other grass-is-greener opposition player here

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #25126 on: January 24, 2023, 10:19:21 am »
Dont even get me started on him ;D Dribbled past Millie a few times, fluffed every chance he had with either a bad finish or an awful touch and you'd think he'd just had a Fabrizio Ravanelli debut.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #25127 on: January 29, 2023, 03:34:21 pm »
Think I've reached the point now where if a good offer comes in for him in the summer I'd not be bothered about him leaving.

We need to move on from him at some point, he's just not the player he was and playing someone else wide right might help with giving Trent the defensive help he so desperately needs.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #25128 on: January 29, 2023, 03:34:56 pm »
Confidence is shot to bits.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #25129 on: January 29, 2023, 03:36:04 pm »
He got into good positions running off the defense, passing was decent, but his shooting is really below par.

Dunno what the issue is though.

Offline Simplexity

• Do we need the xity? (apparently not)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25130 on: January 29, 2023, 03:36:34 pm »
Contract is starting to look a bit stupid now.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25131 on: January 29, 2023, 03:37:11 pm »
Needs to trim his beard.

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25132 on: January 29, 2023, 03:37:53 pm »
Looking like a lost Andros Townsend recently.
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline lgvkarlos

• Finnished with his shit punnery now.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25133 on: January 29, 2023, 03:37:55 pm »
Confidence is shot to bits.
Giving nothing, gets out sprinted and bullied by every defender. Also seems lost on whether to pass or hold onto the ball, honestly would rather we played Doak for a while.

Offline Wolverine

• Main Stander
« Reply #25134 on: January 29, 2023, 03:39:20 pm »
He looks so slow nowadays.

Offline BornRedSince76

• Main Stander
« Reply #25135 on: January 29, 2023, 03:41:04 pm »
I said it at the time to my friends who go to anfield with me and I’ll say it again now - Mane was the backbone of the front 3, but fans just focus on the person putting the ball into the net. We should have let Mo go and kept Mane. 

That said, everything with the the club feels wrong at the moment so who knows, but that was has been consistently my view.

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25136 on: January 29, 2023, 03:56:17 pm »
He looks so slow nowadays.
Yep. Lost a yard and is no longer an outlet.

Offline harryc

• ane ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live in a Red and a White Kop
« Reply #25137 on: January 29, 2023, 03:57:37 pm »
He may have lost a yard of pace but his passing and control of the ball ffs.

Online MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25138 on: January 29, 2023, 03:58:20 pm »
He may have lost a yard of pace but his passing and control of the ball ffs.
Defenders are tighter to him nowadays because they no longer fear his pace.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #25139 on: January 29, 2023, 03:58:21 pm »
Yep. Lost a yard and is no longer an outlet.
Nonsense…

It’s merely confidence
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline BCCC

• Or B square
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blessed are the Cheesemakers
« Reply #25140 on: January 29, 2023, 03:58:56 pm »
Nunez, Gakpo and to a lesser extent Elliott will not flourish with him in the team. They're all looking for him rather than playing their natural game.
*****LFC Purveyors of fine football tradition since 1892*****

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #25141 on: January 29, 2023, 03:59:13 pm »
Needs to trim his beard.

And lose the highlights.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline LFCTikiTaka

• Bedwetter
  • Kopite
« Reply #25142 on: January 29, 2023, 03:59:57 pm »
Defenders are tighter to him nowadays because they no longer fear his pace.

Or because they no longer fear our other forward options.

Online MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25143 on: January 29, 2023, 04:00:37 pm »
Nonsense…

It’s merely confidence
In the past, we used to use him like Darwin by thumping balls down the wing for him to chase. He just doesn't have that pace anymore.

Online Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25144 on: January 29, 2023, 04:04:53 pm »
In the past, we used to use him like Darwin by thumping balls down the wing for him to chase. He just doesn't have that pace anymore.

He actually does do people on here watch the same game I do? We scored like two goals in the last year where Alisson just lumps it forward to Salah and he manages to breakaway because of his pace and strength.

He’s still one of our fastest players.

Offline HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
« Reply #25145 on: January 29, 2023, 04:05:03 pm »
Another one who can’t run anymore. That blistering pace is well and truly gone. Don’t remember the last time he successfully took on a man with sheer pace. Should be benched but we’ve got no other options.

At least he’s getting 350k a week though n

Online Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25146 on: January 29, 2023, 04:05:48 pm »
I said it at the time to my friends who go to anfield with me and I’ll say it again now - Mane was the backbone of the front 3, but fans just focus on the person putting the ball into the net. We should have let Mo go and kept Mane. 

That said, everything with the the club feels wrong at the moment so who knows, but that was has been consistently my view.

How is Mane doing for Bayern?

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #25147 on: January 29, 2023, 04:06:17 pm »
Must be hard when no one around you is pulling players away from you giving you some space

Online MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25148 on: January 29, 2023, 04:06:18 pm »
He actually does do people on here watch the same game I do? We scored like two goals in the last year where Alisson just lumps it forward to Salah and he manages to breakaway because of his pace and strength.

He’s still one of our fastest players.
He is quick but many fullbacks are quick too. The difference is that he used to be rapid and the goal he scored against City was a mistake by Cancelo, I wouldn't class it as raw pace.

Online Coolie High

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25149 on: January 29, 2023, 04:06:21 pm »
Another one who can’t run anymore. That blistering pace is well and truly gone. Don’t remember the last time he successfully took on a man with sheer pace. Should be benched but we’ve got no other options.

At least he’s getting 350k a week though n

Man City goal this season.

Online Coolie High

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25150 on: January 29, 2023, 04:09:19 pm »
He is quick but many fullbacks are quick too. The difference is that he used to be rapid.

He still is, its his dribbling that has kinda regressed, he still is pretty fast, hence why he’s still able to get multiple chances per game, his finishing hasn’t been the best this season but he is allowed a lull. All the top players currently in the league have had one, Kane Rashford and Mane who people keep trying to paint as our saviour had a 12 month period of underperforming, Jota when like 20+ games without scoring and so on.

He’s been so consistent over the last 6 years where he is no longer allowed the benefit of he doubt, the ridiculous thing is he is partly responsible for the one goal we have had this season and still has more goal contributions Han anyone else.

Offline TheShanklyGates

• Firmly in the "shake it all about" camp
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Outside The Shankly Gates...
« Reply #25151 on: January 29, 2023, 04:09:26 pm »
How is Mane doing for Bayern?

Injured, so he'd fit right in here.
I've just wiped the sticky residue from my bellend onto the television screen. Taste it Leo. You deserve it.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
« Reply #25152 on: January 29, 2023, 04:09:36 pm »

Man City goal this season.

Wasn’t that a mistake by cancelo?

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25153 on: January 29, 2023, 04:15:46 pm »

Not only the backbone of front 3, but backbone of the team. Klopp's football that amazed the world started with Mane, and unfortunately ended with Mane.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline lfcmaster45

• Main Stander
« Reply #25154 on: January 29, 2023, 04:17:36 pm »
I would sell Salah in the summer

Offline BornRedSince76

• Main Stander
« Reply #25155 on: January 29, 2023, 06:23:00 pm »
We won’t be able to sell Salah even if we tried.

Who would buy him on the money he is on and his age?

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #25156 on: January 29, 2023, 06:56:02 pm »
He's lost a yard of pace but he's also surrounded by mediocrity at the moment. Diaz and Jota returning will bring him back to life imo.

Offline the red symphony

• Anny Roader
« Reply #25157 on: January 29, 2023, 07:03:52 pm »
Ahem. Can someone, you know, change the title?

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25158 on: January 29, 2023, 07:04:45 pm »
IMO we're not getting the best out of him because of the system- he's too wide, too isolated and finds himself up against 2 or 3 players every time he gets the ball.

Aside from that couple of months at the start of last season where he turned into Messi his dribbling has never been that good for us. Sticking him out wide does nothing for his game if he's not afforded space to cut inside and shoot, which he's not going to get with teams setting up against us the way they are.

We have to get him central and more involved in the build up, finding spaces between the lines and getting in behind.  He's not been started there that often but he's shown signs of being a really good playmaker, his passing is great and he's good in tight spaces. The trouble with that is we then have nobody who's natural on the right, a mega signing centre forward who'd have to be played out of position or join the ranks of left wingers that we have.

I'm sure there's a plan as to what we are trying to do with those forward positions but at the moment it's very difficult to figure out what on earth it is.

Offline Dazzer23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25159 on: January 29, 2023, 07:13:57 pm »
Yep, he’s lost that  half a yard of explosive pace which like many attackers was his most important weapon

I remember doing cartwheels in the summer, when it came somewhat out of the blue, he’d signed a new contract.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but I’m afraid that’s now looking like it was the wrong decision.