Author Topic: The Men in Suits behind the scenes  (Read 538137 times)

Online FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
Re: The Men in Suits behind the scenes
« Reply #2080 on: January 9, 2023, 11:25:11 pm »
Bonkers stuff....

Actually a tiny bit more.

Where have FSG specifically invested? Not the club.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2081 on: January 10, 2023, 12:51:14 am »
We’ve also built a new training ground, a man in stand and (nearly) an Anfield road stand.

And that’s had an impact clearly…

And really, may be it shouldn’t have.  If you’re going making 10 times your money on your investment, it’s probable that you should be maximising that asset by investing in it.

No maybe about it,they should and could've funded that & invested in players.As I posted earlier,they could throw a billion into the Club,get none of it back & still make billions when they fuck off.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2082 on: January 10, 2023, 12:52:15 am »
Actually a tiny bit more.

Where have FSG specifically invested? Not the club.

Don't waste your time mate,he either gets paid for each post defending them or he craves the attention.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline TwitterJayy

• Kopite
« Reply #2083 on: January 10, 2023, 08:20:19 am »
It's disingenuous to state a fact as a fact? Uhh ok. Nothing further to discuss with you.

What your really saying is LFC can't sustain itself at the level you want in your mind without a sugar daddy spending even more. Unless you have proof that John Henry or Mike Gordon dictated that players were resigned instead of moved on and that money reinvested that you just have your gripes and nothing else. I don't have to listen to that so good day.
I understand not everyone wanting a sugar daddy but we just need somebody to invest in the squad. FSG brilliant owners for when they’ve came and changed things round. But while they’ve changed us for the better, the competition has changed. They can’t compete for players we need, there model will at some point come to an end, possibly this season.

If your happy with FSG and will accept mid table finishes and a cup run, once in a while fair enough. I’d accept that if it was still our club and not exploited for new customers and shaft the ‘legacy fans’ as they like to call us.

But we’re not, we’re a massive club and everything is ran like we are apart from transfers. You are right that people are more bothered on transfers. But sometimes it was and is needed. Players grow old and we can’t be carrying them with us every season so we don’t spend.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2084 on: January 10, 2023, 08:28:23 am »
Jim locked the FSG thread, we don't want it spilling in to this one, thanks.

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2085 on: January 23, 2023, 11:34:17 am »
Rumours about Paul Mitchell being shortlisted for the Sporting Director vacancy so unlocked it.

All Eastenders-based jokes welcome.
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #2086 on: January 23, 2023, 11:37:13 am »
He's got a pretty decent hit rate with players and has a great reputation in the game.  Think this will be a smart move.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Wool

• eBack
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2087 on: January 23, 2023, 11:43:01 am »
Think he was good at Spurs wasn’t he? Solid move if true.

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2088 on: January 23, 2023, 11:43:06 am »
Rumours about Paul Mitchell being shortlisted for the Sporting Director vacancy so unlocked it.

Anyone reliable reporting it? (please don't say Samie or you're barred!)

Offline Wool

• eBack
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2089 on: January 23, 2023, 11:55:23 am »
Anyone reliable reporting it? (please don't say Samie or you're barred!)
IndyKaila  :D

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2090 on: January 23, 2023, 12:02:25 pm »
Is that where it's from? Haha!
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Online Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2091 on: January 23, 2023, 12:02:46 pm »
He'll be a cut above the rest.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #2092 on: January 23, 2023, 12:06:49 pm »
He's got a pretty decent hit rate with players and has a great reputation in the game.  Think this will be a smart move.

IndyKaila  :D
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2093 on: January 23, 2023, 12:25:03 pm »
Stellar work at Monaco.

Hopefully it's true and we can get a head start on the next batch of upcoming French talent for Peanuts.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2094 on: January 23, 2023, 12:37:59 pm »
Monaco fans don't seem to rate him at all, always a little worrying when the best bit about a sporting director is something that happened not far off a decade ago and Trippier, Alli, Son etc is decent but hardly an amazing selection. Still, it would be nice if we heard something on this subject when the window shuts.

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2095 on: January 23, 2023, 12:56:33 pm »
It's an interesting one with Sporting Directors isn't it? I think possibly we overthink it, looking back on events here for example, and over the park. You can have the same guy sat in an ineffective sinecure under one structure (Edwards under Ayre with Rogers), then see it become best of breed under a different structure (Ayre leaves, Klopp arrives, the process dovetails for a while). Then at Everton you see a number of heads of scouting or sporting Zeligs arrive and it never works at all - Marcel Brands, Steve Walsh... whoever it is, Moshiri still just picks up the phone and buys whoever he wants.

Offline Egyptian36

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2096 on: January 23, 2023, 01:06:47 pm »

Why would Mitchell accept a temporary job though

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #2097 on: January 23, 2023, 01:10:02 pm »

GET OUT OF MY THREAD!
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #2098 on: January 23, 2023, 01:10:42 pm »
Why would Mitchell accept a temporary job though
why would it be a temporary job!
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Online Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2099 on: January 23, 2023, 01:11:06 pm »
The Mitchell stuff has been rumbling on Twitter for a month or two now. It’s mostly being driven by the LFCApproved guy (I think he’s a chancer) and today by IndyKalia (everyone knows he’s a parody account).

He’s held in high regard, and it would be nice to have some suggestion from the club that we are planning for the future.

Offline MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2100 on: January 23, 2023, 01:13:34 pm »
Mitchell did sign Minamino from us. Not really been a success.
More so the academy system where Monaco have excelled no idea if he works in the area for Monaco.

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2101 on: January 23, 2023, 01:15:12 pm »
I still hold out a fools hope Edwards comes back! He was the start for everything bad recently.. Despite it not actually being the trigger..

Gordon, Edwards and Klopp was a beautiful thing.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2102 on: January 23, 2023, 01:40:11 pm »
If it is Paul Mitchell I hope we get into his contact's book for the youth talent that Monaco keep developing. France are developing midfielders and Defenders like nobodies business lately.  :D

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2103 on: January 23, 2023, 01:53:26 pm »
Every time I see Paul Mitchell, I can't help but think of his contemporary Vidal Sassoon.

Damn the 80s/early 90s were littered with commercials for those products.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #2104 on: January 23, 2023, 02:12:21 pm »
Why is it always 'Sporting Director XYZ signed XYZ' ;D

Pretty sure thats not how it works. Always remember that Steve Walsh bloke who was hyped up as 'spotting' Vardy, Mahrez and Kante and Everton broke the bank for him and it then turned out that...they're just players that were spotted by a scouting network which nowadays is going to scout pretty much every player at some point.

If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #2105 on: January 23, 2023, 03:07:55 pm »
Stellar work at Monaco.

Hopefully it's true and we can get a head start on the next batch of upcoming French talent for Peanuts.
Finally be able to buy Snoopy Doogy?
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2106 on: January 23, 2023, 04:16:17 pm »
If it is Paul Mitchell and we're short on cash maybe we can get a grant?

*TUMBLEWEED THE SIZE OF SATURN ROLLS PAST*
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Offline Boston always unofficial

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2107 on: January 23, 2023, 05:44:49 pm »
If it is Paul Mitchell and we're short on cash maybe we can get a grant?

*TUMBLEWEED THE SIZE OF SATURN ROLLS PAST*

i've had my phil of this thread.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2108 on: January 27, 2023, 03:12:58 pm »
AS Monaco sporting director Paul Mitchell was at Anfield for the game against Southampton in November, and is believed to be one of the front-runners to replace Julian Ward at Liverpool in the summer [@jac_talbot]

Online lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #2109 on: January 27, 2023, 03:42:48 pm »
The next Tchoumenis please.

ALL of them.

And bring your hair-care system too.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Online Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2110 on: January 27, 2023, 04:15:40 pm »
The frustrating thing is that Edwards spent most of last season working with Ward, gradually giving him more responsibility, probably showing him the ropes so that our transition would be seamless all for him to pack it in a few months later... so he will take all that knowledge away with him, probably to another PL club. The idea of Edwards and Ward taking up jobs at the likes of United, Chelsea, Newcastle is irritating.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2111 on: January 27, 2023, 04:16:49 pm »
Paul Mitchell was also at Southampton and RB Leipzig as well. He's got many contacts on potential future stars.  ;D

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2112 on: January 27, 2023, 07:35:07 pm »
The frustrating thing is that Edwards spent most of last season working with Ward, gradually giving him more responsibility, probably showing him the ropes so that our transition would be seamless all for him to pack it in a few months later... so he will take all that knowledge away with him, probably to another PL club. The idea of Edwards and Ward taking up jobs at the likes of United, Chelsea, Newcastle is irritating.
Chelsea and Newcastle already have the equivalents in place don't they? 

Offline McSquared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2113 on: January 27, 2023, 08:06:00 pm »
Don't waste your time mate,he either gets paid for each post defending them or he craves the attention.

I think he just likes posting shite to be honest. Pretty sure he is a yank and thinks he needs to defend fsg in some way, where the rest of us are more interested in LFC

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #2114 on: January 27, 2023, 08:06:42 pm »
Why is it always 'Sporting Director XYZ signed XYZ' ;D

Pretty sure thats not how it works. Always remember that Steve Walsh bloke who was hyped up as 'spotting' Vardy, Mahrez and Kante and Everton broke the bank for him and it then turned out that...they're just players that were spotted by a scouting network which nowadays is going to scout pretty much every player at some point.

The slight issue with your cunning theory is that Steve Walsh wasn't Leicester's DoF/Sporting Director. He was their chief scout.

Everton went after the man behind Leicester's transfer success and accidentally signed the wrong fella. Jon Rudkin was Leicester's DoF/Sporting Director.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #2115 on: January 27, 2023, 08:30:09 pm »
Paul Mitchell was also at Southampton and RB Leipzig as well. He's got many contacts on potential future stars.  ;D
He’s had a lot of clubs in not much time ….

Why?
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #2116 on: January 27, 2023, 09:18:49 pm »
He’s had a lot of clubs in not much time ….

Why?

MK Dons for 2 years, then Southampton for 2 years, then Spurs for 4 years, then RB organisation for 2 and a half years, then Monaco.

Seems to be a decent progression as he’s taking a step up each job he’s got, he went form head of youth scouting at Spurs to head of scouting at Leipzig and technical director, and then sporting director at Monaco.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2117 on: January 27, 2023, 09:26:35 pm »
MK Dons for 2 years, then Southampton for 2 years, then Spurs for 4 years, then RB organisation for 2 and a half years, then Monaco.

Seems to be a decent progression as he’s taking a step up each job he’s got, he went form head of youth scouting at Spurs to head of scouting at Leipzig and technical director, and then sporting director at Monaco.

He only did just over 2 years at Spurs, but was made to do 16 months gardening leave by Levy. Going by his Linkedin he was "Head of Recruitment and Analysis", don't think he was to do with the youth set up.

He left there cos he fell out with Levy, which isn't a surprise for anyone involved in recruitment there!

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #2118 on: January 27, 2023, 09:28:26 pm »
yeah defo shouldn’t be too much concern for it not working out with Spurs long term  ;D

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2119 on: January 27, 2023, 09:29:18 pm »
yeah defo shouldn’t be too much concern for it not working out with Spurs long term  ;D

to be honest it's a credit to him he managed that long :D