Author Topic: "Green and Gold, it's O5e from Molde!" - Cornering like a reliant robin..  (Read 3426716 times)

Offline elbow

• grease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boss Tha
Re: "Green and Gold, it's O10e from Molde!" Mighty Conquerors of Rochdale!
« Reply #36120 on: October 9, 2019, 01:52:56 am »
They are in deep pain and crying "Glazers/Woodward out".

But will they do anything about it? Will they fuck.

Green and Gold - You'll do as your told.
We are Liverpool!

Offline tuaz

• Anny Roader
« Reply #36121 on: October 9, 2019, 04:43:21 am »
...For me, they really needed the manager Ferguson handed the reigns over to to be the absolute right man. There needed to be a continuation of standards as far as possible. They went for Moyes. Now even my dog could have predicted what would follow.

But how many predicted that Moyes would actually sack their whole existing coaching/backroom team?  That was crazy.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #36122 on: October 9, 2019, 05:32:09 am »
They've just announced record revenues, so they are clearly getting the off-field stuff right.

Hopefully, they continue to fuck up the football side  :)

Have you seen their actual profits though?
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #36123 on: October 9, 2019, 06:54:18 am »
They've just announced record revenues, so they are clearly getting the off-field stuff right.

Maybe they're just betting against themselves every week.
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #36124 on: October 9, 2019, 07:00:34 am »
Have you seen their actual profits though?
and their social media likes!
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #36125 on: October 9, 2019, 07:03:01 am »
At the moment, Roy is as close to a top four spot as he's ever been in his career right? He finally made it near the top, so why would he step back into the relegation zone?

we all know what kind of character that man is. Always up for a challenge. and what bigger than Man u. Imagine the legacy he will leave. Managing 2 of the biggest clubs on the planet.

Offline him_15

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #36126 on: October 9, 2019, 07:35:00 am »
I reckon a former England manager with a 100% win record who's is also an expert at salvaging team from relagation is looking for a job.
Believer

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #36127 on: October 9, 2019, 08:10:23 am »
I see Marca readers have voted Mustafi the SECOND worst defender in the world.

Phil Jones was voted the world's WORST defender.

Well, who'd have thought?

Offline Johns_Barn

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36128 on: October 9, 2019, 08:28:25 am »
That's the beauty of it. Ferguson created the opportunity for the Glazers' takeover, he took the Glazer shilling and never criticised them, then kicked off the procession of screwed up managerial appointments with Moyes.

I have no doubt he was consulted over Solksjaer as well.

Anyone familiar with the names of the horses in the McGuiness's stable during the fall out?

::taps nose::

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36129 on: October 9, 2019, 08:31:09 am »

Anyone familiar with the names of the horses in the McGuiness's stable during the fall out?

::taps nose::

I was told a very similar story many years ago . Didn’t think they were named just threatened with being given certain names

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36130 on: October 9, 2019, 08:58:29 am »
Müller apparently wants away from Bayern in January. 30 years old, high wages, past his peak, unproven in the PL... fits the Utd profile.

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36131 on: October 9, 2019, 09:01:51 am »
Maybe they're just betting against themselves every week.

Shorting their own club. That would be genius.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36132 on: October 9, 2019, 09:26:17 am »
There's a few players out there who would change them the likes of Sancho, Havertz. But why would either of those 2 move there? That's the problem they face as we did several years ago.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Vinay

• West Coast privileges revoked due to jinxing activity. Considerably more greedier than yaow!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ceux qui écrivent clairement ont des lecteurs.....
« Reply #36133 on: October 9, 2019, 09:55:58 am »
Ole clearly not the guy but this squad is abysmal. Pereira, Lingard, Mata, Fred, Matic, Rojo, Young all way way too poor to even play in this league anymore. The results are not surprising after the injuries to our few torch carriers
Mata and Young are still Premier League players, despite Young's thuggish approach in games. Matic has proved to be a winner at Chelsea. They could not have turned bad in a year?

I think Ole does not have a strategy - or if he does, it is a simple one of getting 9 players behind the ball and then to break out on a counterattack.

Offline Vinay

• West Coast privileges revoked due to jinxing activity. Considerably more greedier than yaow!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ceux qui écrivent clairement ont des lecteurs.....
« Reply #36134 on: October 9, 2019, 09:56:30 am »
There's a few players out there who would change them the likes of Sancho, Havertz. But why would either of those 2 move there? That's the problem they face as we did several years ago.
Well, if it is Nangelsmann as coach, they might go, no?

Offline beardsleyismessimk1

• Owner Of A Messy Room!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is for living, so live it
« Reply #36135 on: October 9, 2019, 10:51:19 am »
Tell me how good does it feel?
The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #36136 on: October 9, 2019, 11:00:33 am »
Well, if it is Nangelsmann as coach, they might go, no?
Why would Nangelsmann go now? Couple good years at Leipzig and every top club will be after him.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #36137 on: October 9, 2019, 11:17:35 am »
Why would Nangelsmann go now? Couple good years at Leipzig and every top club will be after him.

Way too young and hasn't won anything. They need someone who can put a stamp of authority over the squad, has a strong CV in winning stuff and has a name that will pull both experienced and young players to come and want to play for them.

My money is on Allegri. Still only 52, unemployed.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #36138 on: October 9, 2019, 11:24:47 am »
Way too young and hasn't won anything. They need someone who can put a stamp of authority over the squad, has a strong CV in winning stuff and has a name that will pull both experienced and young players to come and want to play for them.
I mean, wasn't this Mourinho?

They need more than just a new manager to fix their squad issues.

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #36139 on: October 9, 2019, 11:26:41 am »
I want Ole to stay but considering their next match is against us, I can't see it. We'll smash them all over the place and I can't see him surviving that. So who comes in next? Allegri is a good shout, but he could be hit or miss. He had some very good teams at his disposal in Italy and I'm not sure he'd know what to do with this current shower of shite. Nagelsmann should be their first choice but they can't get him now and will have to put someone in charge until the end of the season. And even then Nagelsmann might not go. Give it to Phil or Gary Neville. They know the club. They know what it takes.  ;D

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36140 on: October 9, 2019, 11:29:11 am »

For me, they really needed the manager Ferguson handed the reigns over to to be the absolute right man. There needed to be a continuation of standards as far as possible. They went for Moyes. Now even my dog could have predicted what would follow. Since Ferguson they have fell off a cliff. They handed over to a man as far out of his depth as Oleh is today. As delicious as it all is, it was also totally predictable. Like every dog, they've had their day. They will get back on the rails at some point, but it will not be anything like the Ferguson era.

While he obviously wasn't the right man for the job and should have gone for more continuity in the backroom staff, a simple continuation as far as the playing squad wouldn't have worked either as Ferguson had signed players with an eye on that one last title before he left and they needed an immediate overhaul, which was clearly predicted on here to much derision from mancs on here and redcaf too, which makes their subsequent misery more entertaining.  ;D

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36141 on: October 9, 2019, 11:32:31 am »
I see Marca readers have voted Mustafi the SECOND worst defender in the world.

Phil Jones was voted the world's WORST defender.

Well, who'd have thought?

Probably just the opposite version of british papers & readers overrating english players happening there, Mustafi is clearly worse than Jones even though both are obviously rubbish.

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #36142 on: October 9, 2019, 11:34:40 am »

I still can`t believe those last two championships for them. Those teams were awful, over the hills and running on fumes. That last season in particular seemed like Ferguson was just calling in favours to get over the line.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...we had dreams and songs to sing...
« Reply #36143 on: October 9, 2019, 11:34:40 am »
Allegri will be their Marco Silva

"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline Brain Potter

• Embarrassing. Likes to listen through the walls....Auralist Extrodinaire!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36144 on: October 9, 2019, 11:40:59 am »
The mood music seems to be that a change will be made sooner rather than later. Hopefully after we’ve beaten them.

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...we had dreams and songs to sing...
« Reply #36145 on: October 9, 2019, 11:42:56 am »
I want Ole to stay but considering their next match is against us, I can't see it. We'll smash them all over the place and I can't see him surviving that. So who comes in next? Allegri is a good shout, but he could be hit or miss. He had some very good teams at his disposal in Italy and I'm not sure he'd know what to do with this current shower of shite. Nagelsmann should be their first choice but they can't get him now and will have to put someone in charge until the end of the season. And even then Nagelsmann might not go. Give it to Phil or Gary Neville. They know the club. They know what it takes.  ;D

Allegri won with Juventus. Its almost like winning with Bayern in Germany or Celtic in Scotland. The absolute dominant force. What Utd was under Ferguson. They are in a parlous state at the moment and need a messiah Klopp type figure to rebuild.

He'll do better than Oleh obviously but its a three season rebuild there minimum even if they get boss signings every summer.

Mourinho, Van Gaal couldn't raise them back up. Its a club where coaches fail now

"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline Byrnee

• Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool are Magic, Everton are Tragic
« Reply #36146 on: October 9, 2019, 12:04:37 pm »
Has anyone listened to the United We Stand podcast? Wondered how the water was over there regarding Solskjaer so had a listen. They’re all over the place. Defending Ole, hating Rashford, weirdly some defending the Glazers? Odd bunch. They’re miserable and pissed off.

Its a difficult listen.

Mainly due to the accents.
'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool.'
Bill Shankly

01 06 22 23 47 64 66 73 76 77 79 80 82 83 84 86 88 90 20

77 78 81 84 05 19

At The End Of The Storm I

Offline davealexred

• Anny Roader
« Reply #36147 on: October 9, 2019, 12:11:34 pm »

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #36148 on: October 9, 2019, 12:13:52 pm »
City’s wage bill is slightly lower than ours? Is some of it still hived off?

They farmed a load of staff onto the holding company which massively lowered the wages. Plus they almost certainly pay a chunk of wages / bonuses to players via other means.

Offline demain

• Shambolic
  • Kopite
  • 'à quoi bon ?'
« Reply #36149 on: October 9, 2019, 12:25:54 pm »
I don't think their problems are impossible to solve, it's just a matter of getting a few key decisions right as the biggest constraint for most clubs - money - will never be an issue for them.

It's never going to happen in a million years because their board is filled with imbeciles, but I imagine if they appoint Rafa Benitez right now and give him full control over the playing structure and all footballing matters, he'll have them in the top 4 within 2 seasons. Moreover, I wouldn't put it past him to get them challenging for the title in 4 years.

Fortunately, there's no joined up thinking at that club as the solutions are staring them in the face. There are plenty of competent managers around, Ed Woodwoodward, like Purslow, just loves playing at Football Manager too much.
'Ever bought a fake picture, Toby?'
'Sold a couple once.'
'The more you pay for it, the less inclined you are to doubt its authenticity.'

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36150 on: October 9, 2019, 12:35:22 pm »
Mata and Young are still Premier League players, despite Young's thuggish approach in games. Matic has proved to be a winner at Chelsea. They could not have turned bad in a year?

I think Ole does not have a strategy - or if he does, it is a simple one of getting 9 players behind the ball and then to break out on a counterattack.

Matic has been poor for about two years now, as have Mata and Young.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36151 on: October 9, 2019, 12:39:35 pm »

My money is on Allegri. Still only 52, unemployed.

that would suck. Like an Ancelotti, he would come in and have them at least playing well within a month and then doing well enough by the end of the year.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36152 on: October 9, 2019, 12:41:25 pm »
Was talking to a lad yesterday who's a manc supporter and apparently the need to get Allegri in and watch them "fly" and play footie how Man Utd are supposed to play..  ;D  :lmao :lmao :lmao

I told him has he ever seen a Allegri team play or is he just going by what he won in a one team domination? Because unless he found Rinus Michels playbook in his missus knicker drawer they won't be playing free flowing total football.

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
"Green and Gold, it's O10e from Molde!" Mighty Conquerors of Rochdale!
« Reply #36153 on: October 9, 2019, 12:51:38 pm »
Was talking to a lad yesterday who's a manc supporter and apparently the need to get Allegri in and watch them "fly" and play footie how Man Utd are supposed to play..  ;D  :lmao :lmao :lmao

I told him has he ever seen a Allegri team play or is he just going by what he won in a one team domination? Because unless he found Rinus Michels playbook in his missus knicker drawer they won't be playing free flowing total football.
The revisionism amongst United fans is peculiar to watch. “The United Way” is essentially something they make up as they go along.

Moyes hired - “The Chosen One!”
Van Gaal hired - “No, we need an illustrious track record”
Mourinho hired - “This is the real Chosen One, Moyes was actually our 17th choice”
Solskjaer hired - “Promote from within, play the kids!”
October 2019 - “We need to spend another £700 million”

If I was Woodward, I’d be very wary of taking advice from the fan base. United fans have celebrated the hiring of every single manager post-Ferguson. Each appointment has been met with adulation. Each one has then quickly been hounded out of the job by those very same fans.
« Last Edit: October 9, 2019, 12:59:28 pm by S »

Offline Henry Kissinger

• Posterior sponsored by Wilkinson Sword. On the Llama Protection Register. Should wash his mouth out with soap and water.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Experience is the name we give our mistakes
« Reply #36154 on: October 9, 2019, 12:53:59 pm »
I take it you don't live in Rhyl. The Samaritans are overrun with Everton fans at the moment.

Older United fans will have seen them being shite for many years, but the newer generations must be in shock these days. Ferguson ruined them by giving them something they will never have again. I don't even think many of them appreciated it in the end either, but I bet they do now. sometimes, you can have something for so long that you just take it for granted, but when it's gone, you really, really feel it.

For me, they really needed the manager Ferguson handed the reigns over to to be the absolute right man. There needed to be a continuation of standards as far as possible. They went for Moyes. Now even my dog could have predicted what would follow. Since Ferguson they have fell off a cliff. They handed over to a man as far out of his depth as Oleh is today. As delicious as it all is, it was also totally predictable. Like every dog, they've had their day. They will get back on the rails at some point, but it will not be anything like the Ferguson era.

For the moment, Schadenfreude hasn't tasted so sweet.  8)

That's an incredibly talented dog you've got there mate.     :)
"What's passive smoking? There's passive lots of things. Like passive listening to shitheads. I have to put up with that every day. Are you going to ban people from talking crap? They give me a headache. Believe me, they're killing me. One day people's conversations on the street will do me in." Terry Hall

Offline WillG.LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #36155 on: October 9, 2019, 12:55:56 pm »
As a club they don't sack managers though  ;D

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
Heard an interesting discussion on the Football Weekly podcast a couple of days ago.

The domino effect of that penalty decision against PSG. If that doesn’t get given, Solskjaer probably doesn’t get hired. United may have secured Poch at the start of summer instead. Then both United and Spurs have a summer transfer window to prepare with new managers. In hindsight you’d imagine this could have worked out better for both of them.

Just a humorous and hypothetical way of looking at things. It’s certainly beyond any doubt that the penalty decision ended up as a bad thing for United anyway.

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #36157 on: October 9, 2019, 01:04:46 pm »
Heard an interesting discussion on the Football Weekly podcast a couple of days ago.

The domino effect of that penalty decision against PSG. If that doesn’t get given, Solskjaer probably doesn’t get hired. United may have secured Poch at the start of summer instead. Then both United and Spurs have a summer transfer window to prepare with new managers. In hindsight you’d imagine this could have worked out better for both of them.

Just a humorous and hypothetical way of looking at things. It’s certainly beyond any doubt that the penalty decision ended up as a bad thing for United anyway.
Just be happy you don't inhabit that parallel universe.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Brain Potter

• Embarrassing. Likes to listen through the walls....Auralist Extrodinaire!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36158 on: October 9, 2019, 01:04:48 pm »
Watched the Man United relegation film on BT sport again last night. I’m old enough to remember it. I know it can’t happen again but the thought of it is pleasurable.

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #36159 on: October 9, 2019, 01:49:22 pm »
Watched the Man United relegation film on BT sport again last night. I’m old enough to remember it. I know it can’t happen again but the thought of it is pleasurable.

Denis Law. Backheeled them to division 2
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."