Author Topic: COVID-19:VERIFIED news sources, 0 politishit, 0 CONSPIRACY SHITE  (Read 3440112 times)

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
Re: COVID-19:VERIFIED news sources, 0 politishit, 0 CONSPIRACY SHITE
« Reply #47800 on: January 16, 2021, 06:18:36 pm »
My daughters friend who is 18 and works one day a week in the local chemist has had the job when there are loads of elderly and vulnerable waiting for one. Are chemist staff classed as front line now? Don't think it was a had some left over scenario.

I don’t think that’s too unreasonable - there’s perks in a lot of jobs I guess and this the perks of working in a pharmacy. What does worry me slightly with it so easy for a pharmacist or doctors to decide who gets it that they don’t give in to temptation and start trying to charge people for it.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline Shady Craig

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47801 on: January 16, 2021, 06:25:46 pm »
I don’t see too much of an issue with this if she’s coming into contact with potentially sick people, or people coming in to be vaccinated.
Don't think there is any plans to  vaccinate people in the chemist as far as i know, only thing it could be is coming into contact with sick people but surely those that have any symptoms are staying away from chemist's? If so it's no different to working in any shop really.

Offline Shady Craig

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47802 on: January 16, 2021, 06:27:21 pm »
I don’t think that’s too unreasonable - there’s perks in a lot of jobs I guess and this the perks of working in a pharmacy. What does worry me slightly with it so easy for a pharmacist or doctors to decide who gets it that they don’t give in to temptation and start trying to charge people for it.
I was thinking this the other day, too good a money maker for somebody not to end up doing that I reckon.

Offline djahern

• aka Gail Yodeller
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47803 on: January 16, 2021, 06:40:13 pm »
I see - that makes sense (I assumed you could put unused vials back in the fridge - at least for the AZ one)
Technically you probably can put it back in the fridge and it would be fine (Oxford anyway), but the MHRA were never going to allow it.

They would fear that dipping a syringe needle into a vial multiple times has the risk of introducing some bacteria to the vial. Leaving it overnight in those cases would give the bacteria enough time to multiply before you then inject it into someone’s arm. Hence the 6 hour window once a vial has first had a needle stuck into it - for both Pfizer and Oxford vaccines.

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47804 on: January 16, 2021, 06:50:33 pm »
I don’t think it was a Govt. idea, although they have helped fund it.

Yeah your right, I only read the first half of the article.
Thinking is overrated.

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47805 on: January 16, 2021, 06:55:20 pm »
I was thinking this the other day, too good a money maker for somebody not to end up doing that I reckon.

There was a story I read a few days ago of a company offering £5000 for the bits of left over vaccine in the vials.
Thinking is overrated.

Offline djahern

• aka Gail Yodeller
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47806 on: January 16, 2021, 07:16:29 pm »
Public Health England on their findings so far about how long immunity lasts for.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/past-covid-19-infection-provides-some-immunity-but-people-may-still-carry-and-transmit-virus

Brass tacks of it is, so far as is known up to now, the vast majority of us won't catch it again within at least 5 months of first having it. But. There's also some evidence to suggest that there are some who'll be able to continue to pass it around even while not being sick themselves and having had it themselves before.

Paper is out now:

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.01.13.21249642v1

Interesting one here just out from Qatar too. Followed over 43k people who had a positive test for up to 35 weeks. They confirmed 129 reinfections and estimated the reinfection rate at 0.1%

Their conclusions: “ Reinfection is rare. Natural infection appears to elicit strong protection against reinfection with an efficacy >90% for at least seven months”

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.01.15.21249731v1
« Last Edit: January 16, 2021, 07:25:32 pm by djahern »

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #47807 on: January 16, 2021, 07:16:42 pm »
Don't think there is any plans to  vaccinate people in the chemist as far as i know, only thing it could be is coming into contact with sick people but surely those that have any symptoms are staying away from chemist's? If so it's no different to working in any shop really.

She’ll have the most vulnerable coming to be vaccinated there (if I’m reading it right), so it makes sense for her to be vaccinated to minimise the risk of her giving it to those vulnerable people.

I highly doubt people working in other shops are coming into contact, as regularly, with so many of the most vulnerable.

Offline RJH

• doesn't know his alphabet
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47808 on: January 16, 2021, 07:26:16 pm »
There was a story I read a few days ago of a company offering £5000 for the bits of left over vaccine in the vials.

Yeah, it was a property investment company offering to buy any left over doses - they said it was for their employees, but I think only the top guys would be getting it for 5k a time.

It wouldnt surprise me if it turned out there were a few unscrupulous individuals who were willing to make a bit of extra cash.

That company's "mistake" was they just apparently sent out mass mails making it absolutely clear what they were up to, so it only took one honest person to rat them out.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47809 on: January 16, 2021, 07:47:18 pm »
Don't forget the microchips [emoji23]
And the 'microparticles'...and the unborn baby fetus cells...

Can everyone hurry up and get vaccinated and be healthy so that people that say this shit get publically named and shamed?

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47810 on: January 16, 2021, 07:50:48 pm »
Yeah, it was a property investment company offering to buy any left over doses - they said it was for their employees, but I think only the top guys would be getting it for 5k a time.

It wouldnt surprise me if it turned out there were a few unscrupulous individuals who were willing to make a bit of extra cash.

That company's "mistake" was they just apparently sent out mass mails making it absolutely clear what they were up to, so it only took one honest person to rat them out.

Oh, I assumed it was a private medical company or something like that, didn’t realised it was a bloody property investment company.
Thinking is overrated.

Offline Shady Craig

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47811 on: January 16, 2021, 08:08:35 pm »
She’ll have the most vulnerable coming to be vaccinated there (if I’m reading it right), so it makes sense for her to be vaccinated to minimise the risk of her giving it to those vulnerable people.

I highly doubt people working in other shops are coming into contact, as regularly, with so many of the most vulnerable.
Definitely makes sense if they do end up doing vaccinations in there 100%, I just assume they will be only do that in the Doctors a few hundred yards away only.  Be great if it gets done in 2 locations in most towns villages though, the numbers will soon rack up then.

Offline Shady Craig

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47812 on: January 16, 2021, 08:10:35 pm »
And the 'microparticles'...and the unborn baby fetus cells...

Can everyone hurry up and get vaccinated and be healthy so that people that say this shit get publically named and shamed?

Offline gemofabird

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
The media's the most powerful entity on earth. They have the power to make the innocent guilty and to make the guilty innocent, and that's power. Because they control the minds of the masses.

Offline Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Online PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #47815 on: January 16, 2021, 10:29:50 pm »

Any idea how many people we need to vaccinate before we get good info on the impact on transmission?
« Last Edit: January 16, 2021, 10:51:04 pm by PaulF »
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47816 on: January 16, 2021, 10:39:06 pm »
and your point is?
No worries. If it is shown later (as it probably will be) that there is no connection between the vaccinations and deaths, I am certain that gemofabird will be back to post a retraction and apology. I see it all the time on social media by people like Ivor Cummins. They are deeply self-reflective types.
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Online Musketeer Gripweed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47817 on: January 16, 2021, 10:46:05 pm »
Well, my dad doesn't look or feel that great after his vaccine yesterday. He's 96 in 3 months. I would be more worried if he was OK today to be honest.

He's a tough old bird and a fucking legend.

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47818 on: January 16, 2021, 10:46:39 pm »
If the vaccine is responsible for those deaths in Norway, why have we not seen the same happening here or in the US, both of which have used the vaccine on hundreds of thousands if not millions of over 80’s.
Thinking is overrated.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47819 on: January 16, 2021, 10:55:13 pm »
If the vaccine is responsible for those deaths in Norway, why have we not seen the same happening here or in the US, both of which have used the vaccine on hundreds of thousands if not millions of over 80’s.

As with reports that came out during the vaccine clinical trials, of trials being paused to investigate someone being taken ill, it's vital people keep calm and recognise that this is a routine process to collect data.

No assumptions should be made based on this Norway signal. Indeed the Medical lead investigating this in Norway cautioned people not to worry or over extrapolate: "We are not alarmed or worried about this, because these are very rare occurrences"

Offline Shady Craig

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47821 on: January 16, 2021, 11:30:10 pm »

People died after the vaccine and they're looking into whether it may have contributed.
 It doesn't state how long after but does mention they were very old and frail. It could be from minor side effects or even natural causes. Maybe they're just being uber cautious which is fine.
It makes for a sensational headline but when you flesh it out it's  not  that concerning.

And as you point out no-one else is reporting a problem so I suspect natural causes.

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #47822 on: January 17, 2021, 12:57:24 am »
Paper is out now:

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.01.13.21249642v1

Interesting one here just out from Qatar too. Followed over 43k people who had a positive test for up to 35 weeks. They confirmed 129 reinfections and estimated the reinfection rate at 0.1%

Their conclusions: “ Reinfection is rare. Natural infection appears to elicit strong protection against reinfection with an efficacy >90% for at least seven months”

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.01.15.21249731v1

Ta dj. The discussion part of the paper is interesting context to the caution over reinfection. Seems optimistic about the question around vaccination also preventing transmission if it holds up as they seem to be thinking it will do.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline djahern

• aka Gail Yodeller
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47823 on: January 17, 2021, 01:42:05 am »
Ta dj. The discussion part of the paper is interesting context to the caution over reinfection. Seems optimistic about the question around vaccination also preventing transmission if it holds up as they seem to be thinking it will do.

Yea was interesting to see that they plan to follow this cohort of people to determine the effect of vaccines. Wonder how they’ll do that going forward, you’d assume all are at the top of the list for priority vaccination. I wonder if some will not take the vaccine, I can’t see how they can do it otherwise. Unless they plan to see if vaccination prevents the small amount of reinfections they’ve seen from happening over the next period of time. I guess that’s a possibility.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #47824 on: January 17, 2021, 02:40:10 am »
Yea was interesting to see that they plan to follow this cohort of people to determine the effect of vaccines. Wonder how they’ll do that going forward, you’d assume all are at the top of the list for priority vaccination. I wonder if some will not take the vaccine, I can’t see how they can do it otherwise. Unless they plan to see if vaccination prevents the small amount of reinfections they’ve seen from happening over the next period of time. I guess that’s a possibility.

You’d imagine they need to give half a vaccine and half a placebo.

I’d say they’d need to get them to agree to it, but its Qatar and I’d assume they’ll have fuck all problem with that...!

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #47825 on: January 17, 2021, 02:47:53 am »
I was about to make exactly the same point.

I had to come back on the train yesterday and was surprised by there being people on the train with no face masks on them, even though its compulsory on Mersey Rail supposedly.
I once got told off for having my foot on the frame of the seat on one of their trains by an inspector, I didn't do it again, surely they have these people on the trains still if not why not?
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #47826 on: January 17, 2021, 02:56:49 am »
I once got told off for having my foot on the frame of the seat on one of their trains by an inspector, I didn't do it again, surely they have these people on the trains still if not why not?

I bet you’re a mask wearer though, yeah?

As am I, and I’ve also been done on a train for my feet on the frame of a seat. I moved my foot instantly.

A mask non-wearer isn’t a compliant person though. They are the sort if they’re questioned for their foot on the seat they argue, and will keep on arguing. They’re obnoxious pricks.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #47827 on: January 17, 2021, 02:57:44 am »
My daughters friend who is 18 and works one day a week in the local chemist has had the job when there are loads of elderly and vulnerable waiting for one. Are chemist staff classed as front line now? Don't think it was a had some left over scenario.
my missus mate works in a doctors surgery on reception and they've  all been vaccinated

Offline Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #47828 on: January 17, 2021, 03:03:26 am »
I bet you’re a mask wearer though, yeah?

As am I, and I’ve also been done on a train for my feet on the frame of a seat. I moved my foot instantly.

A mask non-wearer isn’t a compliant person though. They are the sort if they’re questioned for their foot on the seat they argue, and will keep on arguing. They’re obnoxious pricks.
yep always wear a mask, started wearing it before they made it mandatory, I don't see what the issue with wearing one is unless as you say you are an obnoxious prick!

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #47829 on: January 17, 2021, 03:45:43 am »
yep always wear a mask, started wearing it before they made it mandatory, I don't see what the issue with wearing one is unless as you say you are an obnoxious prick!

I've worked out I'm 60% more handsome when I'm wearing my mask.  ;D

In all honesty I've always struggled to work out should I be looking at someone's mouth or they eyes when they are speaking. This whole masking wearing caper has sorted me out.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #47830 on: January 17, 2021, 08:18:01 am »

What I can think of is Norway's low general death rate which means more vulnerable people who passed away in other countries towards the end of the year made it past 2020 than elsewhere.

I dived deep into the official government statistics for total deaths in the Norwegian language yesterday evening and what I found was that Norway had about 40 k deaths in total in every year between 2017-2020. Therefore, statistically, the number of people in Norwegian care homes who can't deal with any treatment should be higher than elsewhere. This of course assuming there is a correlation between the vaccination and what happened to them, but it is very important to stress that this hasn't been confirmed yet.

Shout out to Ice Cube  :wave
« Last Edit: January 17, 2021, 08:20:05 am by Linudden »
Linudden.

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47831 on: January 17, 2021, 08:21:00 am »
People died after the vaccine and they're looking into whether it may have contributed.
 It doesn't state how long after but does mention they were very old and frail. It could be from minor side effects or even natural causes. Maybe they're just being uber cautious which is fine.
It makes for a sensational headline but when you flesh it out it's  not  that concerning.

And as you point out no-one else is reporting a problem so I suspect natural causes.

Why end-of-life patients are being administered the vaccine is beyond me. The side-effects on top of the pain and/or confusion is just adding to suffering. The urge to use everything in the arsenal to prolong life, before assessing quality of life, seems common practice.

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47832 on: January 17, 2021, 08:21:41 am »
The Times reporting the government want to go down an Australian approach of forcing anyone coming into the country to stay in quarantine in a hotel to stop new variants getting in to the country while using the vaccination programme to get the numbers down within the population. Sounds sensible, but the aviation and travel industries will inevitably kick off.
Thinking is overrated.

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47833 on: January 17, 2021, 08:23:49 am »
Why end-of-life patients are being administered the vaccine is beyond me. The side-effects on top of the pain and/or confusion is just adding to suffering. The urge to use everything in the arsenal to prolong life, before assessing quality of life, seems common practice.

Assume they are administering to end of life patients to try and protect others in the care home, hospital etc a very local herd immunity?
Thinking is overrated.

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47834 on: January 17, 2021, 08:53:19 am »
Any idea how many people we need to vaccinate before we get good info on the impact on transmission?

To get data about the likelihood of transmission, you'll have to have a working track and trace. You don't only need data about the vaccinated person, but also about all their contacts. And you also need to have a low transmission ratenin the first place, otherwise there are too many possibilities of transmissive contacts.

The other approach would possibly be the 'big picture' ('big data') approach, where you compare r-rates between a group of mostly vaccinated people and mostly un-vaccinated people. But with all the different levels of social restrictions in place, I'm not sure if they could find two comperable groups. And also, the rate of transmission in the vaccinated group would likely be very small, so it would take a long time to get that data.

What they have done in the recent studies is tested if someone who has been vaccinated can still carry enough virus particles in their upper airways to be infectious (while not getting ill themselves), and they a found a few people that had that. However I think here is where the general amount of cases comes into it - if there are less infectious people, the virus load is lower, and less people will carry it around with them, which means less infectious people, and so on...
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47835 on: January 17, 2021, 08:56:51 am »
The Times reporting the government want to go down an Australian approach of forcing anyone coming into the country to stay in quarantine in a hotel to stop new variants getting in to the country while using the vaccination programme to get the numbers down within the population. Sounds sensible, but the aviation and travel industries will inevitably kick off.

Just the 6 months too late. As usual.

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47836 on: January 17, 2021, 08:58:59 am »

I don't think the side-effects are that bad that you wouldn't vaccinate someone because of them. They will also vaccinate them to not only protect other patients, but also the staff, and potentially visiting family members. Also having a lower chance of infection will keep someone out of the covid wards, and potentially in a lower- hazard environment, ie there is less ppe needed for their care.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47837 on: January 17, 2021, 09:14:28 am »

One of the last taboos in our society.

Death is part of the natural cycle of life.  We are obsessed with prolonging life for as long as possible, no matter what.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2021, 09:21:09 am by Red-Soldier »

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #47838 on: January 17, 2021, 09:16:49 am »
I’d imagine that these people are in hospitals or care homes.  You want to try to stop the diesel spreading there above all places.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline moondog

• dot com! Wake him up before he go-gos.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bring the noise
« Reply #47839 on: January 17, 2021, 09:24:04 am »
my missus mate works in a doctors surgery on reception and they've  all been vaccinated

My mother in law is a retired doctors receptionist and was called for her vaccination as soon as the surgery received them . Not what you know but who you know as always. Tbf she is nearly 80.