Author Topic: Serie A  (Read 315752 times)

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Serie A
« Reply #2840 on: December 4, 2021, 08:50:29 pm »
This is great stuff so far, as you'd expect.

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #2841 on: December 4, 2021, 09:10:27 pm »
Wow, Demiral with a strikers run and finish.

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #2842 on: December 4, 2021, 09:16:26 pm »
Napoli’s defence is pretty bad.

Offline Dave McCoy

• Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #2843 on: December 4, 2021, 09:40:44 pm »
Again a bad Napoli result.  Figure Inter’s title to lose.

As far as Mourinho, has an elite manager ever fallen so far so fast?  Wow…

Offline Darkness

• Tedious WUM, loves betting on Man U
  • Main Stander
« Reply #2844 on: December 4, 2021, 11:04:20 pm »
As far as Mourinho, has an elite manager ever fallen so far so fast?  Wow…
I know he won the league last season but Diego Simeone has to be up there he's clearly not the coach he was from 2012-16.

Rafa would be the other one that comes to mind as well in terms of an elite coach having a rapid decline.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2845 on: December 5, 2021, 01:48:46 am »
Mourinho refuses to take the first question and tells a journalist: “Your job is a lot easier than ours which is why we earn a lot more than you”

Offline Darkness

• Main Stander
« Reply #2846 on: December 5, 2021, 01:22:51 pm »
Easily the most entertaining league in the world every game has at least 3-4 goals in it.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2847 on: December 5, 2021, 06:49:28 pm »
i was to ask how this league became a goal galore like this? I think it started right after the pandemic but unsure why. This league used to have 1,5-2 goals average now numbers are insane.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2848 on: December 6, 2021, 12:09:05 pm »
Man, I can't track that AC Milan attacking options in roster. It feels like they somehow have 20 young attackers like Messias, Kessie, Leao, Brahim Diaz etc and they keep being rotated every single match.

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2849 on: December 6, 2021, 12:53:02 pm »
Mourinho refuses to take the first question and tells a journalist: “Your job is a lot easier than ours which is why we earn a lot more than you”

Bet someone who earns more than Mourinho does can say the same to him.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2850 on: December 6, 2021, 01:01:17 pm »
It's such a stupid quote from him. A person in a more complex job earns more than someone that doesn't, no shit sherlock.

Offline Darkness

• Main Stander
« Reply #2851 on: December 6, 2021, 01:05:29 pm »
i was to ask how this league became a goal galore like this? I think it started right after the pandemic but unsure why. This league used to have 1,5-2 goals average now numbers are insane.
I think a lot of it might have to do with how Atalanta have punched above their weight for the last five years under Gasperini, playing an attacking high risk high reward style of play so the rest of the team's in the league are trying to copy that method.

Offline Gods_Left_Boot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2852 on: December 6, 2021, 02:24:17 pm »

Mostly it's the fact that a lot of midtable and lower midtable sides that in the past favoured bus-parking dinosaurs are now giving a chance to younger progressive managers. The likes of Dionisi, Italiano, De Zerbi until last season. Even the ones that have been around the block like Inzaghi, Spalletti, Pioli and obviously Sarri have always been on the "expansive" side and now they're managing big clubs. Plus the influence of Atalanta, who have shown that it's possible to compete at the very top on a shoestring budget.
September 12, 2012:Truth today, justice tomorrow.

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world.

Offline Gili Gulu

• Looking forward to seeing the Golden Sky
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2853 on: December 7, 2021, 10:23:09 pm »
Are we to judge Serie A based upon Milan's performance today? I mean they're top and just got bossed by a weakened Liverpool team.
They looked really poor, did Milan have a stinker today? Or were there a few players out?
Gili Gulu. (嘰哩咕嚕) means saying something no-one understands but yourself; a little rambling or a silly language between friends

Offline Elliemental

• Kopite
  • You Love Us
« Reply #2854 on: December 7, 2021, 10:55:28 pm »
Are we to judge Serie A based upon Milan's performance today? I mean they're top and just got bossed by a weakened Liverpool team.
They looked really poor, did Milan have a stinker today? Or were there a few players out?

I think Milan had some big injuries, to be fair to them.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #2855 on: December 7, 2021, 11:39:00 pm »
If the 11 we fielded tonight played in Serie A, they'd have walked to the title in January or something.

Milan really poor in both games against us, but it is a young team for the most part.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Dave McCoy

• Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #2856 on: December 8, 2021, 04:54:34 am »

Just like anything in life and sport it's cyclical and at the moment the PL reigns supreme.  Serie A is not at the same level so is it any surprise that one of their best teams is still inferior to what we put out today?  I'd say no.  Doesn't take away from the fact it's a fun league to watch in comparison to anything other than the PL.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #2857 on: December 8, 2021, 07:52:50 am »
Serie A hasn't been great quality wise for 15 years now. In that time there was the last knockings of Ancelotti's great Milan side, Mourinho's Inter and the 9 in a row Juve. No other Italian side has done anything in Europe.

This Milan team though would be the weakest to win a Scudetto in a long time.  Even Inter considering they lost key players and their manager from last season. They'd have won it comfortably again otherwise and they couldn't compete in Europe either.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline markmywords

• Was 2/10. Now 0.5/10. Must try much harder not to make people a little sick in their mouth.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2858 on: December 8, 2021, 08:14:57 am »
Just like anything in life and sport it's cyclical and at the moment the PL reigns supreme.  Serie A is not at the same level so is it any surprise that one of their best teams is still inferior to what we put out today?  I'd say no.  Doesn't take away from the fact it's a fun league to watch in comparison to anything other than the PL.

Ac milan losing to LFC in a close game is 1 thing

The surprise is ac milan finished bottom of the group and lost at home to what is close to a reserve team, when the reserve team had nothing to play for and you had it all on the line

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #2859 on: December 8, 2021, 09:43:18 am »

The surprise is ac milan finished bottom of the group and lost at home to what is close to a reserve team, when the reserve team had nothing to play for and you had it all on the line

We must have won every single 50-50 ball, and many 30-70 challenges too. It's amazing the difference in strength and speed between the two leagues.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Online red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #2860 on: December 8, 2021, 01:12:19 pm »
Anyone had experience of getting a ticket direct from AC Milan?

I'm in Milan in April (for the marathon) and considering going to the game when I'm over.

Offline Gods_Left_Boot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2861 on: December 8, 2021, 01:57:58 pm »
Anyone had experience of getting a ticket direct from AC Milan?

I'm in Milan in April (for the marathon) and considering going to the game when I'm over.

Unless it's their derby or home to Juve you can just go on their website and buy it a few days ahead of the match. Serie A clubs, even big ones, hardly ever fill their grounds.

Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world.

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2862 on: December 8, 2021, 02:33:20 pm »

They finished bottom of the group only because Atletico blatantly cheated them in their first meeting, Milan were leading, one red card (undeserved) and one penalty (again undeserved) later, Atletico won it 2-1. Without that result, we'd be seeing a role reversal with Milan 2nd and Atletico 4th. And it's their first CL campaign in almost a decade. Yesterday, they also had a few players missing. Their captain, Kjaer is out for the season, Calabria, their primary RB was also out. Rebic and Leao, two of their primary attacking outlets, were also out injured.

We are currently one of the Top 3 teams in the world. When Milan were at their peak (90s), even Man United, who were dominating the PL could never have competed with them. That's the cycle of life.
« Last Edit: December 8, 2021, 02:39:26 pm by PoetryInMotion »

Online red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #2863 on: December 8, 2021, 02:34:42 pm »
Unless it's their derby or home to Juve you can just go on their website and buy it a few days ahead of the match. Serie A clubs, even big ones, hardly ever fill their grounds.

Cheers, yeah they Play Bologna. Thanks

Offline MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2864 on: December 8, 2021, 02:43:40 pm »
It is entertaining.
The intensity is the big difference.

Serie A & many of the other leagues just dont have the athletes like in the PL.

When Serie A was at its peak in the 90s the teams were all doped up.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2865 on: December 8, 2021, 02:49:43 pm »
Tonali get's hyped up over the last couple of years and he will be a good player in the future but Tyler Morton made him look like a pub player last night.

Offline Adz LFC

• Kopite
  • Believer. 19 & 6
« Reply #2866 on: December 10, 2021, 09:03:10 pm »
Ffs completely forgot it was the Derby della Lanterna tonight :butt
I’m so glad that Jürgen is a Red…

Offline CalgarianRed

• Kopite
« Reply #2867 on: December 10, 2021, 10:00:32 pm »
Tonali get's hyped up over the last couple of years and he will be a good player in the future but Tyler Morton made him look like a pub player last night.

He hasn't stepped up at Milan as they were expecting. Maybe a big move too soon like Renato Sanches.

Kessie and Benaccer are far better at the moment. Time is on his side though, but the comparison to Pirlo was premature. He seems a different player anyways, more in the mold of Luka Modric. 
True North Strong

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2868 on: December 11, 2021, 06:51:56 pm »
Juventus are rancid. Really rancid.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2869 on: December 11, 2021, 07:51:45 pm »
This really can be the year they are out of Top 4 for CL spot. They shouldn't have made it last year either.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2870 on: December 11, 2021, 07:53:12 pm »
Allegri screwed up his reputation big time by taking that job. He is now looking like fraud.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2871 on: December 11, 2021, 08:05:51 pm »
Milan down 1-0

They went from title challengers to CL spot fighter real quick.

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2872 on: December 11, 2021, 08:39:43 pm »

Juve has no goalscorers at all. Selling Ronaldo was a good move but they replaced him with no one good.

Bernadeschi and Chiesa have a really poor goal-scoring record. Mortata is allergic to goals. Cuadrado doesn't score much.

Dybala is the only one who scores and even he blows hot and cold.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2873 on: December 11, 2021, 09:41:56 pm »
Great ending in Udine. Ibrahimovic levelled before a brawl where Success was sent off. Good fun.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #2874 on: December 11, 2021, 10:01:58 pm »
Looks like a genuine four-team title race going to happen this year in Serie A

Offline Gods_Left_Boot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2875 on: December 11, 2021, 10:50:13 pm »

I think the most likely outcome is that Inter pull away and win the title quite comfortably in the end. Milan are quite poor, Napoli hit heavily by injuries and Atalanta too open and inconsistent.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2876 on: December 12, 2021, 10:18:15 am »
Agreed with GLB, Inter should comfortably win, they have squad depth, others don't.

Offline Bread

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2877 on: December 12, 2021, 06:35:39 pm »
Hilarious freak goal Empoli have just scored against Napoli. Cutrone jumps for the ball from a corner, misses it, but the defender behind him heads it into the back of Cutrone's head and it goes in. Lovely.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #2878 on: December 12, 2021, 07:05:38 pm »

Napoli could finish 2nd in a one horse race.

Inter and AC will battle it out.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2879 on: December 12, 2021, 07:27:48 pm »
Napoli could finish 2nd in a one horse race.

Inter and AC will battle it out.

I don't Milan have it in them to go on for the whole season. They don't have it in them to cope with injuries. It was the same last season, when they were Top of the League for a while and then they dropped some points and then were never going to catch Inter again. In fact, they finished 2nd, but only 2 points ahead of 5th. Napoli needs to get back some of their injured players and then start getting their rhythm back to keep pace with Inter.

Inter look favourites to this, having done it last season and it would take a bottle job from them for someone else to win it this season, even though the table doesn't currently say so.