Author Topic: THE BEATLES - 8 Days/Week & GET BACK (page 2 onwards)  (Read 26814 times)

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
Re: THE BEATLES - 8 Days/Week & GET BACK (page 2 onwards)
« Reply #160 on: December 1, 2021, 01:50:33 pm »
Tears of joy here - the look on Paul's face when Billy Preston joins in on I've Got a Feeling. Wow.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Original

• Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #161 on: December 1, 2021, 01:56:00 pm »
"If he doesn't come back by Tuesday, we get Clapton"

Not many musicians would be able to utter those words 😂

Offline RedBootsTommySmith

• Kopite
« Reply #162 on: December 1, 2021, 05:00:03 pm »
Watched Ep3 last night. It not only re-inforced my belief that they were the greatest, but it strengthened that belief. Let It Be 'naked' is essentially a live performance album. I feel priviliged to have eavesdropped on 4 genius creatives at work. This series should win an Oscar/Nobel/Tony/Grammy etc. What an absolutely wonderful series. I could start crying. What joy these 4 scousers have given me over the years.

I had to crack up at the two coppers.

Those coppers were named in the film’s credits at the end. They must have made a Bob or two themselves out of this film, I wonder how much? (Pardon the pun). Probably more than their Copper’s pension.
« Last Edit: December 1, 2021, 05:05:13 pm by RedBootsTommySmith »
Victorious and glorious....

Online Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #163 on: December 1, 2021, 05:55:18 pm »

That and Ringo sitting on the floor next to George Martin and saying "I've just farted, just letting you know" or words to that effect.  ;D

*edit* What he actually says   <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/APYgMlFcw98" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/APYgMlFcw98</a>
« Last Edit: December 1, 2021, 07:22:58 pm by Terry de Niro »

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #164 on: December 1, 2021, 08:08:38 pm »
I knew I was going to love this but I honestly wasn’t prepared for how in to it I’ve been. And the maddest part is remembering that it’s a) 50 years old, and b) They were all under 30. The transformation from black and white she loves you woooo mop tops, to smacked out greasy haired Lennon, Across the universe and George’s multicoloured suit all in the space of 6 years is mind-boggling. What a buzz.

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #165 on: December 2, 2021, 01:47:18 am »

;D

One of many great moments in this amazing film.

As a huge fan of The Band, I can’t pass up the opportunity to turn the Clapton joining the band thing on its head but, after hearing the acetate of The Band’s first album Music From Big Pink, Clapton went to Woodstock to see if he could actually join The Band. Just saying.  ;D

I think George may have been a bit tempted too as he was also a huge Band fan

Offline RedBootsTommySmith

• Kopite
« Reply #166 on: December 2, 2021, 04:49:06 am »
The highlight of Episode 1, the genesis of 'Get Back'...

https://twitter.com/BeatlesEarth/status/1465707030690156547?s=20

Victorious and glorious....

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #167 on: December 2, 2021, 10:23:49 am »
I'm not a musician so watching the group create / develop songs was fascinating.

The three episodes were brilliant. Some jaw dropping moments.

My favourite bit were the two girls who wait outside the studios to see Paul and John and Yoko are shown freely walking past them.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #168 on: December 2, 2021, 10:28:40 am »
Gonna start this tomorrow as a 3-nighter over the weekend.

Looking forward to it immensely, especially if Peter Jacksons earlier WWI footage restoration doc and the reviews of "Get Back" on here are anything to go by.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: December 2, 2021, 03:54:49 pm »
Gonna start this tomorrow as a 3-nighter over the weekend.

Looking forward to it immensely, especially if Peter Jacksons earlier WWI footage restoration doc and the reviews of "Get Back" on here are anything to go by.

You'll love it.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #170 on: December 2, 2021, 10:48:14 pm »
Tears of joy here - the look on Paul's face when Billy Preston joins in on I've Got a Feeling. Wow.

That is one of my favourite songs of theirs as well.  :)
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #171 on: December 2, 2021, 11:03:01 pm »
Finished part 3 today. What an absolute delight.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #172 on: December 2, 2021, 11:22:17 pm »
I'm gonna watch of part 1 tomorrow afternoon.

Was watching an interview with one of the sound engineers during those sessions yesterday on Sky News, just whet the appetite even more to watch this.
« Last Edit: December 2, 2021, 11:23:54 pm by RedSince86 »
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline meady1981

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #173 on: December 3, 2021, 12:07:27 pm »
Listened to an interesting podcast about who really 'produced' Let It Be. Or who was credited as the producer.
Hadn't really realised by this time that they basically saw George Martin as an annoying 'Dad' figure (and there's a few times you can see them being a bit of a c*nt to him), hence why they invited Glyn Johns. He wasn't the producer but they kept directing their producing questions at him so there was a bit of an awkward thing going on between Martin and Johns. Then the fall out happened and they kept rejecting Johns mixes so Lennon and Harrison took the tapes to Spector without asking Macartney and Spector got the producer credit.

Definitely will be buying the Johns mixes from a few years ago, without all the Spector orchestra shite on them.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #174 on: December 3, 2021, 04:00:48 pm »
Just finshed part 1.

So many fascinating things in it.

Some of those Quarrymen songs were pretty good, how old were they when they wrote those mid teens. ::)

The tension with Paul and George, Paul lamenting that he hates it when he has to take charge, John is so blasé about the whole thing, Ringo even with the tension in the air is cool personified.

George and Ringo talking about the sunday evening viewing on BBC2, WW2 show, some sci fi show and then a show about Austria and the Waltz and he ends up writing I Me Mine  during watching it.

While they are talking about how to build the studio setting for the live performance in Twickenham, Paul is casually the notes for Let It Be.

Calling him Mr Epstein and not Brian when they talk about him.

"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Online Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #175 on: December 3, 2021, 04:52:39 pm »
Finished part 3 today. What an absolute delight.
Watched all three and now on my second viewing of the lot again.
Just about to watch part 3 for the 2nd time.
Best thing I've watched for a long time.

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #176 on: December 3, 2021, 04:58:56 pm »
Yeah it's a fascinating watch. I've been enjoying a lot of the bit part players in it too, like Glyn Johns, George Martin and that Pat fella who did the publishing.
Also the guy who was helping Paul write the lyrics for The Long and Winding Road (Mal Evans?). It's interesting watching the dynamic of all these characters interacting.

One thing that surprised me a bit is Lennon. He seemed more relaxed and blase about it all, like his mind was elsewhere. I had expected him to be more serious and contributing more maybe.
I like the Beatles but wouldn't be a mega-fan so wouldn't know a lot of the backstory. I'm not a big fan of their later albums post Sgt Peppers either, so a lot of the lesser known tunes are new to me. I get the feeling they were sort of going through the motions a bit at this point and had lost some enthusiasm for the whole thing.
Will be watching ep 2 tonight.
« Last Edit: December 3, 2021, 05:02:37 pm by kennedy81 »

Offline courty61

• Legacy Fan
  • Never Buy The S*n
« Reply #177 on: December 3, 2021, 05:00:40 pm »
I think the beauty of them as songwriters during The Beatles era was that they were critical of each other and you put ideas on the table.

Might in part explain that despite a few decent albums, as individuals they never *quite* hit the heights of being in the group.

77, 78, 81, 84, 05, 19

Offline meady1981

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #178 on: December 3, 2021, 05:56:19 pm »

One thing that surprised me a bit is Lennon. He seemed more relaxed and blase about it all, like his mind was elsewhere. I had expected him to be more serious and contributing more maybe.

I think that’s called heroin

Offline Lawnmowerman

• Got married to Pique in April. Shakira isn't happy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #179 on: December 3, 2021, 07:46:33 pm »
Surprised they didn't all bin the whole thing when your man wouldn't shut up about tripoli. Jaysus you would think there wouldn't be anybody capable of making more annoying noise than yokos screeching
« Last Edit: December 3, 2021, 07:50:09 pm by Lawnmowerman »

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #180 on: December 3, 2021, 07:53:00 pm »
Surprised they didn't all bin the whole thing when your man wouldn't shut up about tripoli. Jaysus you would think there wouldn't be anybody capable of making more annoying noise than yokos screeching
Hahah that kept making me laugh, he was obsessed bless him.

I wonder if that inspired Pink Floyd doing Pompeii?

Luckily that place in Libya is still standing after the turmoil over there last few years, i quick googled while watching it and it's still there intact.

Offline Lawnmowerman

• Got married to Pique in April. Shakira isn't happy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #181 on: December 3, 2021, 08:14:59 pm »
Hahah that kept making me laugh, he was obsessed bless him.

I wonder if that inspired Pink Floyd doing Pompeii?

Luckily that place in Libya is still standing after the turmoil over there last few years, i quick googled while watching it and it's still there intact.
"imagine! two thousand arabs with torches!". Lads are all looking at each other like they'd rather not! Talking Cruise ships an all he was. Would have made a nice setting alright

Offline Red Ol

• 82 years in this crazy world and still plays with Lego
  • Legacy Fan
  • Children of the night. What music they make.
« Reply #182 on: December 3, 2021, 08:33:41 pm »
Loved this. Wonderful editing and direction. I guess the challenge wasn’t so much what to put in, but more what to leave out!

Very poignant moment for me was (I think in the first episode) when George had essentially left and John hadn’t shown up and it was all tense. Paul seemed really upset and on the brink of tears. Then he says “and then there were two…” 😢

Apologies if it’s been mentioned elsewhere but I also found another programme on Disney+ (Star) called ‘McCartney 3, 2, 1’. This is a recent six part mini series. Half an hour each episode, shot in black and white and it’s simply Paul chatting with producer Rick Rubin. Some great anecdotes, talking about musical influences and how the songs were born and constructed. Once you’ve had your fix of Get Back would recommend this
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain

Offline Lee1-6Liv

• Daddy Discord
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #183 on: December 3, 2021, 09:48:50 pm »

Apologies if it’s been mentioned elsewhere but I also found another programme on Disney+ (Star) called ‘McCartney 3, 2, 1’. This is a recent six part mini series. Half an hour each episode, shot in black and white and it’s simply Paul chatting with producer Rick Rubin. Some great anecdotes, talking about musical influences and how the songs were born and constructed. Once you’ve had your fix of Get Back would recommend this

Cheers, will give it a watch later.

Offline rodderzzz

• Plonkah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • That's Bullshit Miss!
« Reply #184 on: December 3, 2021, 10:58:59 pm »
Started this today with the intention of watching it over the weekend and just never turned it off for 9 hours! Absolutely amazing insight to how they worked. Felt sorry a little bit for McCartney as I got the feeling he knew it was starting to slip but just wanted to keep the momentum going. Two moments where when Preston started playing and his eyes lit up, the second was when he turns around and sees the coppers come onto the roof as he looks back around he's absolutely made up! haha

Online Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #185 on: December 4, 2021, 12:26:55 am »
Copper: "It's got go down, otherwise there will be some arrests".  ;D

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #186 on: December 4, 2021, 10:16:24 am »
Copper: "It's got go down, otherwise there will be some arrests".  ;D

Was laughing at the bizzies being so ineffectual. Mal is great getting shoes, anvils, running interference! I love the bit where the copper is ringing for backup and Mal interrupts asking about the PA. Artful stonewalling.

Mostly loved George turning his amp back on. Legend

And the people on the street below I thought was interesting. Couple of the squares fuming  ;D

Offline meady1981

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #187 on: December 4, 2021, 11:34:28 am »
Was laughing at the bizzies being so ineffectual. Mal is great getting shoes, anvils, running interference! I love the bit where the copper is ringing for backup and Mal interrupts asking about the PA. Artful stonewalling.

Mostly loved George turning his amp back on. Legend

And the people on the street below I thought was interesting. Couple of the squares fuming  ;D
Mal was definitely the most scouse

Offline Paranoid Red

• Main Stander
« Reply #188 on: December 4, 2021, 11:47:37 pm »
Hadn't really realised by this time that they basically saw George Martin as an annoying 'Dad' figure (and there's a few times you can see them being a bit of a c*nt to him), hence why they invited Glyn Johns.

Halfway through part two when they're rehearsing Get Back he asks from the control room, "what's this one called?", and they all go "shit" or similar. Just as it cuts away you hear this crisp, posh "Thank you" back from him. He was pretty used to their ways, I reckon.

There's about 10 minutes between Billy Preston turning up and the first mention of Allen Klein. It almost went well there for a moment.

Interesting hearing conversations that have since been turned into well worn anecdotes, McCartney talking about Lennon nipping off on the Maharishi's helicopter for example. It's like the extended version of every book and documentary you've ever seen on them. Just amazing.

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #189 on: December 5, 2021, 01:32:58 am »
I think they (Lennon) kept jokers like Magic Alex around cause he was a head, a freak maaan

George Martin and a couple others the old squares, it's revealing when Paul talks about Epstein being a daddy figure, and the rooftop "mummy doesn't like it" - this was a gang, a young unit of boys becoming men

defininitely an interesting partition there.

Martin gets em though, very sure of himself. Dapper chap! He invented the job of producer and man. He is even subtle. Taking notes in his head and directing things in small comments always

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #190 on: December 5, 2021, 11:15:51 am »
More Mal!

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2021/dec/05/how-paul-mccartney-saved-roadie-from-arrest-after-beatles-final-concert-mal-evans

Kenneth Womack, one of the world’s foremost Beatles scholars, told the Observer: “It turns out that Mal was actually arrested that day but managed to get out of it only when Paul went into PR mode and changed the copper’s mind after the show.”

It is among behind-the-scenes revelations in Evans’s previously unpublished diaries, manuscripts and photographs to which Womack has been given unprecedented access for a major biography.
The Beatles play on the rooftop of their Apple Corps HQ.

For decades, the mystery surrounding his trove of unreleased material has left Beatles fans and music historians longing for a glimpse into the life and times of this devoted friend from the group’s inner circle.

Evans himself had written his memoir, titled Living the Beatles’s Legend, which he planned to submit for publication in the mid-1970s, with the written permission of the Beatles. But he died before he was able do this. Evans was killed in 1976, aged 40, in a tragic shooting by the Los Angeles police.

Now his children, Gary and Julie, have made his documents available to Womack, who said: “Since Mal’s death, the Beatles’s world has always been abuzz about his diaries and his manuscripts. For the first time, they will be published.”

So prepare for 2023/24 where Womack's book and some of Mal's stuff is published!

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #191 on: December 5, 2021, 08:48:59 pm »
Finished 2nd half of part 2, spellbinding fun.

It's like the sun is shining in the studio when Preston is playing on the songs, so joyful.

Absolute amazing so far.

Been watching it on the Laptop with headphones on, finding it a lot better than watching it on TV sound wise.

Going to try and watch the entire part 3 tomorrow.

Online Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #192 on: December 6, 2021, 12:37:49 am »
Finished 2nd half of part 2, spellbinding fun.
Been watching it on the Laptop with headphones on, finding it a lot better than watching it on TV sound wise.

Going to try and watch the entire part 3 tomorrow.
Likewise and the very best way to watch/hear this.

I mentioned in an earlier post about Paul and John taking the piss out of Enoch Powell, whilst working on an earlier version of what be Get back and just found this on youtube.   <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/ePDEZZESev0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/ePDEZZESev0</a>

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #193 on: December 6, 2021, 10:17:22 am »
Started this today with the intention of watching it over the weekend and just never turned it off for 9 hours! Absolutely amazing insight to how they worked. Felt sorry a little bit for McCartney as I got the feeling he knew it was starting to slip but just wanted to keep the momentum going. Two moments where when Preston started playing and his eyes lit up, the second was when he turns around and sees the coppers come onto the roof as he looks back around he's absolutely made up! haha

He seemed to be grinning away like a kid through most of the rooftop performance.  He was the one who wanted to do some sort performance and I think throughout the previous couple of weeks he was suspecting that it wasn't going to happen as George was dead against it, the others didn't seem that fussed, and the whole idea got rowed back and back.  He just wanted to play a bit of a gig with his mates again because, as you said, he sensed it was perhaps all coming to an end.

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #194 on: December 11, 2021, 11:40:28 am »
What an absolute treasure of a series - Jackson has created something that will be pored over for decades/centuries to come. Having been in many bands over the years, it’s mad to see how the Beatles dynamic and processes were remarkably similar to my own experiences. With the obvious difference being they pulled extraordinary things out of it.

My biggest revelation from it was how it made me feel about Paul. I got into the Beatles in the 90s and my opinions of Paul are shaped around the adult version - I’ll never forget his Super Bowl performance where ‘drive my car’ was an awful car ad tie in. While John had the benefit of being forever young, Paul was always a boring grown up to me.

Paul was a force of nature. Like John, music was just in his DNA. The scene where he casually writes Get Back while waiting on John to show up was incredible. His emotional maturity was that of someone twice his age. Loved how he and John just stared and performed at each other during recording. They were like brothers. Absolutely magical.

I found George (the nice beatle, to my mind) to be insecure and a bit petulant. I think he was rather lost at that stage.

Ringo came across as a total sweetheart. I loved how he was visibly in awe of the others.

And Billy Preston. What a guy, what a musician. Safe to say the album wouldn’t have been nearly the same without him.

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #195 on: December 11, 2021, 12:04:44 pm »
What an absolute treasure of a series - Jackson has created something that will be pored over for decades/centuries to come. Having been in many bands over the years, it’s mad to see how the Beatles dynamic and processes were remarkably similar to my own experiences. With the obvious difference being they pulled extraordinary things out of it.

My biggest revelation from it was how it made me feel about Paul. I got into the Beatles in the 90s and my opinions of Paul are shaped around the adult version - I’ll never forget his Super Bowl performance where ‘drive my car’ was an awful car ad tie in. While John had the benefit of being forever young, Paul was always a boring grown up to me.

Paul was a force of nature. Like John, music was just in his DNA. The scene where he casually writes Get Back while waiting on John to show up was incredible. His emotional maturity was that of someone twice his age. Loved how he and John just stared and performed at each other during recording. They were like brothers. Absolutely magical.

I found George (the nice beatle, to my mind) to be insecure and a bit petulant. I think he was rather lost at that stage.

Ringo came across as a total sweetheart. I loved how he was visibly in awe of the others.

And Billy Preston. What a guy, what a musician. Safe to say the album wouldn’t have been nearly the same without him.

Grand post that.

I haven't seen the film yet, but plan to do it with a group of pals before Xmas. The bits I've seen do look magnificent and the reviews - bar the shitty one by that bore Alexis Petridis in the Guardian - have been pretty much ecstatic.

Your assessment of Macca must be right I think. It sort of comes out in 'Eight Days a Week' as well. There was that horrible period after John died when it became cool to disparage Paul and downgrade his contribution. Madness! No doubt the films will throw some light on how George's best song was squeezed out of the Let it Be album. I've no idea whose fault it was, but homage of a sorts  was finally paid here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6iaSWSB7rE

"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline meady1981

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #196 on: December 11, 2021, 12:10:36 pm »
Yep, Paul has gone way up in my estimation. I mean, he could still be one cheesy mother fucker, but when he was good, he was the best of them.

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #197 on: December 11, 2021, 12:32:04 pm »
Paul’s passion was the thing I took away from it. The way he lights up at moments always brought a smile to my face. That was pure, unadulterated joy on his face. I imagine, no money or fame could give him a sensation like he got in those moments.

Also, kudos to Jackson. He’s told a great story of boys becoming men. That moment we all go through when you feel your young adulthood slipping away. When your friends who are as close as brothers fall in love and you start to lose something. These were 4 masters of their craft at the peak of fame, and yet any young band will see themselves in it.

It’s just wonderful. Essential viewing.

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #198 on: December 11, 2021, 01:36:34 pm »
I completely agree with all the comments re Paul.  I always a bit iffy about him, but he basically held them together.

Offline hixxstar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dont Worry I'm From The Internet
« Reply #199 on: December 11, 2021, 09:02:53 pm »
The absolute beauty of this... was to resist the temptation to just edit the 'Best Bits' together, Not just Jackson but the whole team (editors,audio etc)
Thay let it run so you got the feel of a song from just a riff, a line, chord change etc to a song.. I thought, maybe non-musicians might not get it (glad i was wrong)
Being a guitarist of some 30+ yrs i was lucky to play in many pubs/clubs... studio's & rehearsals.. Trust me, there were many fallouts & shit times, but many, many great times.
Headphones is a must to fully feel this (imo)... also i used some software to create a 5:1 effect.. (Ashampoo Sound Stage 2020 - Free - google it)8)
Shanks on Leaving Liverpool FC

"It was the most difficult thing in the world, when I went to tell the chairman........ It was like walking to the electric chair.... That's the way it felt."