Author Topic: Marvel Musings. Now with Spidey Spoilers.  (Read 631152 times)

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Re: Marvel Musings. Now with Spidey Spoilers.
« Reply #7040 on: January 22, 2022, 09:54:53 am »
Taking the kids to see Spider-Man later. Do I need to remember what happened in the last couple to follow it?

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7041 on: January 22, 2022, 10:03:07 am »
Taking the kids to see Spider-Man later. Do I need to remember what happened in the last couple to follow it?

I’d say so mate yeah, it starts off from the end of the previous one.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #7042 on: January 22, 2022, 11:19:07 am »

Remembering the other five won't hurt either
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #7043 on: January 22, 2022, 12:23:36 pm »
Remembering the other five won't hurt either

Crikey. I’ll probably have my usual cinema sleep for a bit of it then. :D

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #7044 on: January 23, 2022, 04:49:29 pm »
Watched Spider Man last night. Thought it was a mess. Also saw The Eternals and thought it was all over the place. Hope they get their act together for the rest

Offline stewil007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7045 on: January 24, 2022, 11:44:03 am »
Watched the Eternals with the family the other night and we all enjoyed, yes, was a bit messy at times but dont get some of the criticism.

I guess my one gripe at the minute, is the amount of new characters to keep track of.....

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #7046 on: January 24, 2022, 08:40:14 pm »
Marvel currently filming the Secret Invasion TV series on Leeds and Huddersfield.

In Feb, they'll be moving filming to Sintellins (one of the old Pilks factories, apparently)

Chance SLJ to fit a game or two in at Anfield  :D
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline blert596

• or is it Simon Peg, Advert: Buy incontinence bed pads from www.incontinencechoice.co.uk Wash & disposable. Trade & Public.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7047 on: January 25, 2022, 01:09:28 pm »
Marvel currently filming the Secret Invasion TV series on Leeds and Huddersfield.

In Feb, they'll be moving filming to Sintellins (one of the old Pilks factories, apparently)

Nah mate. Mane and Salah will be back by then. :-)

although SLJ Lad has a ring to it.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2022, 06:37:21 pm by blert596 »
All the badge kissing in the world don't make up for the fact that they are, frankly, not Liverpool Football Club. It's not their fault. Its just how it is.

Offline Scottymuser

• Has many leather bound books (about football), and his home smells of rich mahogany. Bow to his superior knowledge of central defenders.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #7048 on: January 27, 2022, 10:04:39 am »

Hey - they've been filming here in Halifax too!

Offline Scottymuser

• Has many leather bound books (about football), and his home smells of rich mahogany. Bow to his superior knowledge of central defenders.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7049 on: January 27, 2022, 10:05:36 am »
Watched Spider Man last night. Thought it was a mess. Also saw The Eternals and thought it was all over the place. Hope they get their act together for the rest

Yeah, you are so, so wrong about Spiderman.  Easily the best live action Spiderman film, top 5-7 MCU film, and only Spiderverse beats it for best Spiderman content on screen (and then only *just*).  Not seen Eternals yet, but will watch it soon.

Offline Scottymuser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7050 on: January 27, 2022, 10:09:03 am »
Catching up on various Marvel stuff over the last 6 months.

Shang Chi - mediocre. My impressions going in were that it was going to be good and was a change of pace from previous Marvel movies. Whilst I enjoyed it better than the cookie-cutter Black Widow, and there was nothing glaringly bad about it, this is the type of movie that will kill the franchise if they keep churning it out.

Spiderman NWH - this was hyped to hell but still exceeded expecations. Easily a top 5 comic book movie ever for me and one of the only ones where I felt it could have lasted longer. Can't say too much as I'm sure there are people who still don't know what goes on or who appears in this movie. Certainly the best comic-book movie experience since Avengers.

Hawkeye - probably the worst of the TV series so far. What I don't like especially is how a teenager (Kate) is able to mix it up with people who have been doing it all their lives. Not a terrible show by any means, but really meh.

Shang Chi was amazing - top 10 MCU film easily, but not quite top 5.  Still really, really good

Spiderman NWH - agree on everything other than "top 5 comic book movie ever" - defo top 5 MCU, but might be closer to 10th when including all (non-MCU) films.  Still utterly amazing. 

Hawkeye - disagree slightly - I think it is slightly better than Falcon and Winter Soldier.  But not as good as Loki or Wandavision I'd agree.  Seems unfair though to brandish it as "meh" given how good all 4 shows have been (there are plenty of worse non-MCU MArvel shows on netflix for example).  Also disagree completely (and agree with a couple of people's explanations above about how she should be that good) around Kate should be able to keep up with most (of the terrible at their job and stupid tracksuit ganbg) people she has fought.

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #7051 on: January 27, 2022, 12:03:43 pm »
Yeah, you are so, so wrong about Spiderman.  Easily the best live action Spiderman film, top 5-7 MCU film, and only Spiderverse beats it for best Spiderman content on screen (and then only *just*).  Not seen Eternals yet, but will watch it soon.
No, you’re so so so so so so wrong, easily one of the worst Spider-Man movies never mind mcu fleems. It’s an absolute mess.

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #7052 on: January 27, 2022, 12:08:47 pm »
No, you’re so so so so so so wrong, easily one of the worst Spider-Man movies never mind mcu fleems. It’s an absolute mess.

Hmm, seems you don't like Marvel films or Spiderman then?

Easily one of the best examples of both. What are some films you don't find a mess then, just out of interest. I mean, there are always contrarian views, there must be people
out there who didn't like Avengers: Infinity War and Endgame too I guess.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

• Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #7053 on: January 27, 2022, 12:16:49 pm »
Hmm, seems you don't like Marvel films or Spiderman then?

Easily one of the best examples of both. What are some films you don't find a mess then, just out of interest. I mean, there are always contrarian views, there must be people
out there who didn't like Avengers: Infinity War and Endgame too I guess.
love marvel films, love Spider-Man, think this is a mess, simple

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7054 on: January 27, 2022, 01:10:32 pm »

It's all subjective of course but Spider-Man 2 is the best one, top 3 comic book movies of all time for me

• Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #7055 on: January 27, 2022, 01:13:30 pm »
It's all subjective of course but Spider-Man 2 is the best one, top 3 comic book movies of all time for me
See, I agree with this. But, I won’t go and tell them they’re so so wrong. Etc. Christ get over ya fucking self

Offline thegoodfella

• makes reindeer pizza
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...siempre es posible
« Reply #7056 on: January 27, 2022, 02:21:08 pm »
See, I agree with this. But, I won’t go and tell them they’re so so wrong. Etc. Christ get over ya fucking self

You are wrong about telling people to not go around telling others to be wrong Capon.

• Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #7057 on: January 27, 2022, 02:28:26 pm »
You are wrong about telling people to not go around telling others to be wrong Capon.
Well, you’ve just gone on my shit list ya Dip shit. I take it you’re from a long line of bellends? ;D

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7058 on: January 27, 2022, 02:35:58 pm »
While I did like NWH, I don't rate it as highly as many seem to do, it felt like they just threw in a lot of fanservice stuff to disguise the fact that they were basically doing a version of one of the comic's least popular storylines.

Offline thegoodfella

• makes reindeer pizza
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...siempre es posible
« Reply #7059 on: January 27, 2022, 02:42:09 pm »
Well, you’ve just gone on my shit list ya Dip shit. I take it you’re from a long line of bellends? ;D

As long a line as your collection of shit photoshop images. ;D

About MCU stuff, not really arsed about anything since Endgame. Not seen any of the movies because couldn't be arsed about the long roster of 'new' superheroes who were 'there' when Thanos showed up but not really there. Wanda started off nice, Loki had to be brought back to life because they needed him around, Falcon and Winter Soldier had some interesting elements but didn't finish it, didn't see Hawkeye.

But I get it, everyone needs a superhero they can get behind and that's all fine. I might check it out again when they bring Fantastic 4 and Doctor Doom in the MCU.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7060 on: January 27, 2022, 02:43:55 pm »
are we ever getting an X-men / avengers cross-over?

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #7061 on: January 27, 2022, 02:44:29 pm »
While I did like NWH, I don't rate it as highly as many seem to do, it felt like they just threw in a lot of fanservice stuff to disguise the fact that they were basically doing a version of one of the comic's least popular storylines.

Seems strange to have a go at a studio for giving fans what they want? :)
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #7062 on: January 27, 2022, 02:54:01 pm »

Avengers and X-Men are both from Earth-616 and some members of the Avengers were in the X-men too

But the Marvel Cinematic Universe hasn't mentioned them together and I think it would be too much of a stretch to have them in there all along.

I'd suggest that the upcoming film (Dr. Strange: Multiverse of Madness), introducing and expanding on the Multiverse (Coined by Micharl Moorcock actually) might have the X-men come in from a different reality somewhere down the line.

Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

• Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #7063 on: January 27, 2022, 02:59:03 pm »
As long a line as your collection of shit photoshop images. ;D

About MCU stuff, not really arsed about anything since Endgame. Not seen any of the movies because couldn't be arsed about the long roster of 'new' superheroes who were 'there' when Thanos showed up but not really there. Wanda started off nice, Loki had to be brought back to life because they needed him around, Falcon and Winter Soldier had some interesting elements but didn't finish it, didn't see Hawkeye.

But I get it, everyone needs a superhero they can get behind and that's all fine. I might check it out again when they bring Fantastic 4 and Doctor Doom in the MCU.
;D I like it all but these new couple of fleems are a bit of mess. They reminded me of DC films in the sense they’re longer than they needed to be and yet somehow crammed loadsa stuff into them without really saying anything and yet had massive gaps with nothing. Spider Man was like a kid had written it. Felt like I was watching that Terence and Philip sketch where they were doing Shakespeare in parts

As far as tv shows go, I’ve liked em all from what I remember. There’s a few I ain’t seen like AOS and lesser known ones but on the whole this is basically the first time I’ve been disappointed. to be honest not that disappointed just thought they were a mess . Venom though, what’s that shite? Just remembered that one ;D

Maybe it’s cos it’s sony(I know eternals isn’t)

Offline redwillow

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7064 on: January 27, 2022, 03:25:51 pm »

We had 10 years of Infinity Saga, we are now moving into the Multiverse/Kang ?? saga (who knows what saga this actually is) but i would imagine we have a mutant saga in the future

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #7065 on: January 27, 2022, 03:33:19 pm »
Marvel's Secret Invasion being filmed in the good old 'Fax

Online Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7066 on: January 28, 2022, 03:44:24 am »
;D I like it all but these new couple of fleems are a bit of mess. They reminded me of DC films in the sense they’re longer than they needed to be and yet somehow crammed loadsa stuff into them without really saying anything and yet had massive gaps with nothing. Spider Man was like a kid had written it. Felt like I was watching that Terence and Philip sketch where they were doing Shakespeare in parts

As far as tv shows go, I’ve liked em all from what I remember. There’s a few I ain’t seen like AOS and lesser known ones but on the whole this is basically the first time I’ve been disappointed. to be honest not that disappointed just thought they were a mess . Venom though, what’s that shite? Just remembered that one ;D

Maybe it’s cos it’s sony(I know eternals isn’t)

It feels like each film is setting the scene for the next film. It seems, to me, they’re far too concerned with how to connect each film/series than the plot. The plot of the latest Spider-Man film was just silly and purely a device to fit the three spider-men in to one film.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

• Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #7067 on: January 28, 2022, 09:09:44 am »
It feels like each film is setting the scene for the next film. It seems, to me, they’re far too concerned with how to connect each film/series than the plot. The plot of the latest Spider-Man film was just silly and purely a device to fit the three spider-men in to one film.
yeah, think you’ve nailed it. A lot of people seem to be more arsed about the end credit spoilers than anything they watch in the previous 2 hours

Online B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7068 on: January 28, 2022, 10:48:44 am »
I enjoyed it but I agree it was a mess. I enjoyed where it took the story but the fan service was just too much for my liking. I understand the constraints and there was probably too much in it already, but just the fact that the only characters were ones we already knew made it feel a bit too forced for me. I understand it's a comic book film and all that but just something like Enter the Spider Verse did the concept so much better and more smoothly for me. Nostalgia-fest aspect detracted from the story.

I liked that it gave Tom's Spider-Man some proper Spidey grounding and depth as I wasn't a fan of Iron Boy Spidey and enjoyed the performances of the returning actors but yeah definitely not a masterpiece for me like others think. What I'm most excited about is where it leaves Spider Man for the next films. But each to their own of course

• Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #7069 on: January 28, 2022, 11:17:50 am »
I enjoyed it but I agree it was a mess. I enjoyed where it took the story but the fan service was just too much for my liking. I understand the constraints and there was probably too much in it already, but just the fact that the only characters were ones we already knew made it feel a bit too forced for me. I understand it's a comic book film and all that but just something like Enter the Spider Verse did the concept so much better and more smoothly for me. Nostalgia-fest aspect detracted from the story.

I liked that it gave Tom's Spider-Man some proper Spidey grounding and depth as I wasn't a fan of Iron Boy Spidey and enjoyed the performances of the returning actors but yeah definitely not a masterpiece for me like others think. What I'm most excited about is where it leaves Spider Man for the next films. But each to their own of course
i didn’t hate it, nor Eternals. I know I said earlier it’s one of the worst Spider-Man fleems but I was just replying to a post by someone telling me I was wrong. Taking the piss back with the opposite of what they said basically. It did feel forced yeah and they didn’t really get any use outta that old cast of villains in the 2 hours and 35 you’d expect or liked them to have. I enjoyed the previous Spidey and there’s a 5 or 10 minute segment in that film that for me has to be one of the best parts of any MCU movie out there. (The Mysterio illusions/ hallucinations) but I did think at times this one felt like it was written by a kid.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #7070 on: January 28, 2022, 12:35:25 pm »
Eternals felt very Umbrella Academy. Still not seen Spider man. Or Venom

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7071 on: January 28, 2022, 03:15:48 pm »
Venom 1 was fun

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7072 on: January 28, 2022, 06:42:42 pm »
Wasp is being cancelled on twitter for anti-vax views.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7073 on: February 3, 2022, 06:10:52 am »
Rumours going around that John Krasinski will be introduced as Reed Richards in Doctor Strange and the Multiverse of Madness

Offline redwillow

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7074 on: February 3, 2022, 08:57:41 am »
Rumours going around that John Krasinski will be introduced as Reed Richards in Doctor Strange and the Multiverse of Madness

The rumours i saw are that he will be unveiled as Captain America

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7075 on: February 3, 2022, 09:15:29 pm »
Spiderman was decent.

Eternals was just poor.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7076 on: February 3, 2022, 10:34:27 pm »

That sounds shit.

Offline John_P

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7077 on: February 4, 2022, 12:21:17 am »
That sounds shit.

He was one of the final choices when they originally cast Chris Evans. Think Marvel were very much all in on Chris Evans though who apparently turned them down a few times.
"I must go to the hospital because the injury was so serious that maybe he will be there for one week,"

Gamertag: Chosen John

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #7078 on: February 4, 2022, 08:43:35 am »
He was one of the final choices when they originally cast Chris Evans. Think Marvel were very much all in on Chris Evans though who apparently turned them down a few times.

Well they wanted to sign him down for 10 years at a time when Marvel had only done a couple of poorly received Fantastic 4 films (which he was a part of as the Human Torch), a couple of equally poor Hulk films and Jon Favreau gambling on Robert Downy Jr as Iron man.

If he knew in 2009 what we know now in 2022 with the MCU it seems like an easy decision.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #7079 on: February 4, 2022, 09:51:10 am »

They seem to be churning out rumours pretty much based on what they did with Spiderman. I saw a great one saying that
Spoiler
Tom Cruise
[close]
would be an Ironman variant in Multiverse of Madness. There's all sorts they could do really, it could be amazing.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.