Author Topic: Membership suspended. PLEASE HELP  (Read 61970 times)

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
Re: Membership suspended. PLEASE HELP
« Reply #480 on: April 13, 2019, 09:25:45 pm »
I agree. I would have expected the letter to start with your name too not Dear Account Holder but maybe I am being pedantic. And that it would be signed!

Scan it and email it to michael.yorke@liverpoolFC.com - he is the Ticket Investigation Manager and often picks up his emails later/early

But without any context it is hard to say. As others have said, have you lent your cards out?
We are a team of one half.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #481 on: April 13, 2019, 09:26:37 pm »
They're taking the piss a bit now aren't they?
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #482 on: April 13, 2019, 09:30:05 pm »
It goes against what they said at the last Fans Forum on this. Just seems a bit fishy to me  :-\ although it does LOOK genuine - address, tel number etc

Offline daindan

• lyin clock......
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #483 on: April 13, 2019, 09:34:00 pm »
to be honest they did have 925 accounts under review so you know maybe it’s on of them but the dear account holder looks odd

Offline AR48

• Anny Roader
« Reply #484 on: April 13, 2019, 09:51:55 pm »
It goes against what they said at the last Fans Forum on this. Just seems a bit fishy to me  :-\ although it does LOOK genuine - address, tel number etc

Why is this fishy? Do you think this guy has just typed the letter himself to post on a forum??

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #485 on: April 13, 2019, 09:55:26 pm »
The letter is defo legit.

I’m defo never ever lending my card out again. And don’t expect anyone to lend to me on the exchange.

It’s just not worth a lifetime ban from the stadium. Touts have won.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #486 on: April 13, 2019, 09:58:52 pm »
came home to 2 of these in the post today and haven't got a clue why. did anyone else receive any
did they even inform you beforehand if you were under investigation?

Also have you passed it on to someone and they’ve sold it on?
« Last Edit: April 13, 2019, 10:01:43 pm by Lush is the best medicine... »

Offline daindan

• lyin clock......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #487 on: April 13, 2019, 10:02:45 pm »
There’s something dodgy about that letter. In my experience, the 10 should be written as ten and in bold.  Also it doesn’t go into detail as to what happened. It’s easy to fake a letter and then post it to an account holder.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #488 on: April 13, 2019, 10:03:48 pm »
There’s something dodgy about that letter. In my experience, the 10 should be written as ten and in bold.  Also it doesn’t go into detail as to what happened. It’s easy to fake a letter and then post it to an account holder.
try logging into the account?

Offline daindan

• lyin clock......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #489 on: April 13, 2019, 10:09:49 pm »
try logging into the account?

When I was under investigation last season initially it wouldn’t let me in then would. But this season club are clamping down hard

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #490 on: April 13, 2019, 10:12:03 pm »
When I was under investigation last season initially it wouldn’t let me in then would. But this season club are clamping down hard
did they actually give you a chance to put your side across while you were under investigation, and were your tickets for games bought valid whilst under investigation?

Offline Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #491 on: April 13, 2019, 10:16:01 pm »
Why is this fishy? Do you think this guy has just typed the letter himself to post on a forum??
:butt

Of course not. I said above

Offline daindan

• lyin clock......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #492 on: April 13, 2019, 10:21:39 pm »
did they actually give you a chance to put your side across while you were under investigation, and were your tickets for games bought valid whilst under investigation?

Was seasonal hospo yes it worked for most games but I wasn’t aware, I think in total out of 6 worked for half , took 3 months, had 2 30 minute phone convos with mike, including a conference call with club solicitor. I also had coffee meeting with him last game of the season. I put my side across was found innocent but was stressful.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #493 on: April 13, 2019, 10:26:20 pm »
Was seasonal hospo yes it worked for most games but I wasn’t aware, I think in total out of 6 worked for half , took 3 months, had 2 30 minute phone convos with mike, including a conference call with club solicitor. I also had coffee meeting with him last game of the season. I put my side across was found innocent but was stressful.
cheers, if they are doing investigations and passing judgment without people getting a chance to put their side across (unless it’s blatant they’re a tout, like say they’ve got 50  registered to one address and they all use the same payment card) methinks the ticket office could end up in a bit of shit with the likes of the ombudsman, just need to piss off the wrong person and they’ll end up going to the papers/courts over their process
« Last Edit: April 13, 2019, 10:27:58 pm by Lush is the best medicine... »

Offline Kopite787

• Main Stander
« Reply #494 on: April 13, 2019, 11:26:05 pm »
cheers, if they are doing investigations and passing judgment without people getting a chance to put their side across (unless it’s blatant they’re a tout, like say they’ve got 50  registered to one address and they all use the same payment card) methinks the ticket office could end up in a bit of shit with the likes of the ombudsman, just need to piss off the wrong person and they’ll end up going to the papers/courts over their process

Maximum at one address is 4 I’m pretty sure it says on T&C before they ask for proof

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #495 on: April 13, 2019, 11:33:17 pm »
Maximum at one address is 4 I’m pretty sure it says on T&C before they ask for proof
would be interesting to know their process is for identifying them and how often they do a sweep as there are probably ways round it (e.g. put a space between/before and after the numbers, if the house number bit can be changed by text etc), payment cards is better way of spotting the dodgy ones

Offline nickyd186

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #496 on: April 14, 2019, 08:09:48 am »
came home to 2 of these in the post today and haven't got a clue why. did anyone else receive any
Do the envelopes they came in look official?
What we achieve in life, echos in eternity

Offline GPLFC

• Boys Pen
« Reply #497 on: April 14, 2019, 08:40:45 am »
Yeh, but fv on them cent club is 250 odd, but only sold as season tickets. Porto you probably could get them for 150 each for decent hospo. Give you an example cheapest Carlsberg dugout hospo season ticket over the 25 home games we’ve had this season has been 140 average cost. Porto they were selling for 250 each still below the fv of £282 but they can afford to sell a game dirt cheap and make up on other games

How do you get a fv of a ticket that gives access to every game, you can only work out what the real fv has been at the end of the season ?

Offline daindan

• lyin clock......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #498 on: April 14, 2019, 09:19:40 am »
How do you get a fv of a ticket that gives access to every game, you can only work out what the real fv has been at the end of the season ?

The club sell most lounges match by match also lol. For th3 big games they add more tables to maximise revenue

Offline Thomas

• Doubting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #499 on: April 14, 2019, 09:30:05 am »
Is it just home games they are targeting with this?
We're the kings of Europe, the pride of Merseyside, we'll fight for no surrender, we'll fight for Shankly's pride.

Offline daindan

• lyin clock......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #500 on: April 14, 2019, 09:48:10 am »
Have done some investigating. The letter is legit, and there’s a reason the letter is written in that way with no description of what they’ve done

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #501 on: April 14, 2019, 09:58:16 am »
The T&Cs are here for anyone to reference: https://www.liverpoolfc.com/membership/terms-conditions
I'd also guess that's not the first letter - looks more of a follow up?

Offline daindan

• lyin clock......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #502 on: April 14, 2019, 10:00:16 am »
The T&Cs are here for anyone to reference: https://www.liverpoolfc.com/membership/terms-conditions
I'd also guess that's not the first letter - looks more of a follow up?

It’s a first letter but it’s linked to a wider investigation hence written like that

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #503 on: April 14, 2019, 12:09:00 pm »
Have done some investigating. The letter is legit, and there’s a reason the letter is written in that way with no description of what they’ve done

I did say it was.

If that was a fake, then it's the best fake ever created.

The letterhead is absolutely perfect. Well it would be, as it's legit.

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #504 on: April 14, 2019, 12:11:34 pm »
would be interesting to know their process is for identifying them and how often they do a sweep as there are probably ways round it (e.g. put a space between/before and after the numbers, if the house number bit can be changed by text etc), payment cards is better way of spotting the dodgy ones

I don't know how the system works so I am only guessing here, but I'm pretty sure the club don't have access to bank details i.e. they can't literally look at everyones account numbers and sort codes.

It will all be encrypted.

Offline Kopite787

• Main Stander
« Reply #505 on: April 14, 2019, 12:22:03 pm »
I don't know how the system works so I am only guessing here, but I'm pretty sure the club don't have access to bank details i.e. they can't literally look at everyones account numbers and sort codes.

It will all be encrypted.

Last 4 digits of long card number is all they will see

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #506 on: April 14, 2019, 12:36:42 pm »
Last 4 digits of long card number is all they will see
they should be able to see the payment method, last 4 digits and maybe the expiry date, at least if two of them match up there’s something to look into, if they have the expiry date as well that can help

Offline ant

• Legacy Fan
  • Spread the faith - YNWA !!!
    • OLSC - France
« Reply #507 on: April 14, 2019, 12:51:50 pm »

they dont usually write the day of the week, only the date and it should have the name of the card holder, not account holder. official letters are usually signed as well !

@bedo you should of had a letter before this one telling you the reason your account was under investigation ?
www.liverpoolfrance.com - The home of Liverpool fans in France.

Get down to 1 of our 2 pubs in Paris, Lush Bar or Kop Bar, for all the Red's games on the tele :
http://www.liverpoolfrance.com/ou-voir-les-reds/

TRADE COUNT WHEN WE HAD A TICKET EXCHANGE : 24

Offline Kopite787

• Main Stander
« Reply #508 on: April 14, 2019, 12:53:38 pm »
they should be able to see the payment method, last 4 digits and maybe the expiry date, at least if two of them match up there’s something to look into, if they have the expiry date as well that can help

Nope they can’t see exp date either mate

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #509 on: April 14, 2019, 01:01:59 pm »
they dont usually write the day of the week, only the date and it should have the name of the card holder, not account holder. official letters are usually signed as well !

@bedo you should of had a letter before this one telling you the reason your account was under investigation ?

There will be more than one template for letters at the club. It also depends who constructed the letter as well.

Yes, you'd expect it to be signed, but it doesn't mean it's fake.

The letterhead is perfect, there is no spelling/grammar errors at all. You can also tell by thickness of the paper as well.

Offline daindan

• lyin clock......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #510 on: April 14, 2019, 01:18:50 pm »
There will be more than one template for letters at the club. It also depends who constructed the letter as well.

Yes, you'd expect it to be signed, but it doesn't mean it's fake.

The letterhead is perfect, there is no spelling/grammar errors at all. You can also tell by thickness of the paper as well.

As I mentioned above the letter is legit, but it’s linked to a bigger investigation hence the structure of the letter

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #511 on: April 14, 2019, 02:59:03 pm »
As I mentioned above the letter is legit, but it’s linked to a bigger investigation hence the structure of the letter

So not just a random person being caught using someone else's card, but likely someone managing multiple cards or touting?
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline lfc79

• Kopite
« Reply #512 on: April 14, 2019, 09:17:28 pm »
Today at the Chelsea game they were checking tickets on the way into block U9, asking for ID, had a clipboard wonder if that had names of people who had notified the club they had transferred tickets as I gave a mate my card to use for the spurs game and emailed the club and got a reply saying that was fine.

Offline daindan

• lyin clock......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #513 on: April 14, 2019, 09:22:45 pm »
Today at the Chelsea game they were checking tickets on the way into block U9, asking for ID, had a clipboard wonder if that had names of people who had notified the club they had transferred tickets as I gave a mate my card to use for the spurs game and emailed the club and got a reply saying that was fine.

Yeh there were doing random checks at other turnstiles. Loads of cards got taken also

Offline daindan

• lyin clock......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #514 on: April 14, 2019, 09:24:51 pm »
So not just a random person being caught using someone else's card, but likely someone managing multiple cards or touting?

Yeh moved away from using someone else’s card, the structure of the letter is related to what you said.heard 500/600 account# been blocked and loads of cards

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #515 on: April 15, 2019, 08:34:32 am »
I know it won't be popular, but do we want to consider no more exchanges this season?

All got a bit heavy, and don't want to see people who've only been passing on spares at face getting fucking life time bans.

Offline Giovanni

• C'mon Chelsea!!! Stood on the Spyin Kop, the tricky bitch. Look out!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #516 on: April 15, 2019, 09:15:11 am »
Yeh, but fv on them cent club is 250 odd, but only sold as season tickets. Porto you probably could get them for 150 each for decent hospo. Give you an example cheapest Carlsberg dugout hospo season ticket over the 25 home games we’ve had this season has been 140 average cost. Porto they were selling for 250 each still below the fv of £282 but they can afford to sell a game dirt cheap and make up on other games
There is a fella on twitter who has 'under face value' hospitality every match, but is making a fortune off them.

cyas

Offline Giovanni

• C'mon Chelsea!!! Stood on the Spyin Kop, the tricky bitch. Look out!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #517 on: April 15, 2019, 09:48:15 am »
« Last Edit: April 17, 2019, 07:52:35 pm by Giovanni »
cyas

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #518 on: April 15, 2019, 09:54:32 am »
Wouldnt be against it to be honest

What are the chances of people having spares for them anyway

True. Just pages of people asking, prime audience for touts.

Fuck it.

Offline Scottish-Don

• Maggie May, Kez, Kopbird, LFCMunkee and gerrardspetal in any order
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'Cause he's a dedicated follower of fashion
« Reply #519 on: April 15, 2019, 10:04:32 am »
I know it won't be popular, but do we want to consider no more exchanges this season?

All got a bit heavy, and don't want to see people who've only been passing on spares at face getting fucking life time bans.

Claire,

Touting seems to be a very hot topic at the minute, would it not be best to start a thread about it in the Ticket & Travel section to save it being in this thread?

We could name and shame the touts fellow reds come across and it may help our Club eradicate these vermin.

Follow me on Twitter - @achtung_davie