Author Topic: New Banner Ideas  (Read 1371724 times)

Offline MyIronLung

• Anny Roader
  • This won't hurt a bit.
Re: New Banner Ideas
« Reply #200 on: January 20, 2006, 03:16:18 am »
That's shite! ;)

No, top class stuff that, why don't you combine the two:

----------------------------------
This Is Anfield
Bastion Of Invincibility

...artwork...

What's it Like To Be In Heaven?
---------------------------------------
"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"
- Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline toxtethlad

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #201 on: January 20, 2006, 06:06:41 am »
I quite like that. Although if it were made, you'd have hard work getting the image of his face visible from any sort of a distance.

Only thing I'd suggest is having another go at the bird in the middle. (and how many times have I suggested that... Never works out though!)

But seriously, it looks more like a pterodactyl than a phoenix or a liverbird. The head and wings seeming too angular for the desired effect.

Great start.

And while I'm posting, there's an idea I've wanted to make for some time. Would be great for the derby at Anfield. On the left, you'd have "Liverpool's Cup" and a picture of Big Ears below it. Then on the right, "Everton's Cup", and below that a frilly posh china teacup. Any of you photoshop types fancy doing a digital mock-up of that?

Offline anfieldpurch

• Simple
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96!!
« Reply #202 on: January 20, 2006, 07:51:50 am »
Hows your song writing skills purch?

song skills are ok
why?
Proud father to Riley James Lucas 16/3/17

Offline -HH-

• 'cocky bastard'?
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never forget the Hillsborough victims
    • Footy fans
« Reply #203 on: January 20, 2006, 08:04:14 am »
song skills are ok
why?

We could use some new ones - if you can think of any post them here along with the banners. Be nice to see if your skills are only there for banner making.
Balotelli, Falcao, Cavani...

I'll be shocked if it's anyone other Etoo. Etoo or no-one. Simples.

In fact, I'll do you all a favor and ban myself from the January transfer window forum if we get anyone other than Etoo.

Offline 7777

• RAWK Boxing Prediction League Champion 07
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We see things they'll never see
« Reply #204 on: January 20, 2006, 08:21:27 am »
I’ve been pretty vocal recently in my concerns about the RAWK banner project. Now while I admit to initially not thinking the design was "suitable" for a proper big banner I now realise I was out of touch with popular consensus!

So having sulked, made a pathetically lazy effort and then sulked some more I decided to try and have a go myself bearing in mind the current movement. These efforts are still in their formative stage and are in no way near completion or aimed at deposing the current design (as it is far superior). But I am in the process of painting the c*nt and I haven't painted in fookin years so go easy.

However, I ask for constructive criticism and if the need to say “that’s shite lad” then so be it!

2nd one mate - quality

Not as good as Anfield Purche's efforts though but you are intelligent enough to understand that

Offline blert596

• or is it Simon Peg, Advert: Buy incontinence bed pads from www.incontinencechoice.co.uk Wash & disposable. Trade & Public.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #205 on: January 20, 2006, 09:13:00 am »
Fletch, not as good as your first one mate  ;). Maybe have a word with AnfieldPurch for some inspiration?

Seriously, I really like the design, but the Liverbird needs a bit of work on it. Like someone said it does look more like a Teradachty thing. But its hard to find a decent image of a Liverbird with its wings unfolded.

Also, maybe have the wings sort of folded around the cups a bit more. Sort of protectively. Or you have to highlight it in some way as to be scaring people away if the wings are gonna be open. Like I said, have a word with The Purch, he'll put you right.

I really like it, so get it sorted, and then I'll have a high res copy for me desktop thanks.
All the badge kissing in the world don't make up for the fact that they are, frankly, not Liverpool Football Club. It's not their fault. Its just how it is.

Offline Paxil

• Main Stander
  • Red and Proud
« Reply #206 on: January 20, 2006, 09:20:39 am »
I quite like that. Although if it were made, you'd have hard work getting the image of his face visible from any sort of a distance.

Only thing I'd suggest is having another go at the bird in the middle. (and how many times have I suggested that... Never works out though!)

But seriously, it looks more like a pterodactyl than a phoenix or a liverbird. The head and wings seeming too angular for the desired effect.

Great start.

<snip>

I agree with this, nice shot, but an extinct reptile might not be the most appropriate imagery I can imagine..
"Mind you, I've been here during the bad times too - one year we came second." Bob Paisley

Offline Wilf Hunter

• Lives in a huff camper van
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Skrtel's Head
« Reply #207 on: January 20, 2006, 09:46:23 am »
I'm sure I have seen it but has 'My eyes have seen the glory' been done!
There's only one 'F' in Rafa.

Offline The Fletcher Memorial

• Feels mildly violat.................. ed
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reality is hard to find
« Reply #208 on: January 20, 2006, 11:42:57 am »

Great start.

And while I'm posting, there's an idea I've wanted to make for some time. Would be great for the derby at Anfield. On the left, you'd have "Liverpool's Cup" and a picture of Big Ears below it. Then on the right, "Everton's Cup", and below that a frilly posh china teacup. Any of you photoshop types fancy doing a digital mock-up of that?

Yer I thought that meself but as I say Ive hardly touched the bird in the middle, needs lots more refining although it is meant to be a more stylized representation. Just wanted to run it past a few people before I went any further.

I'll give that a go Ironlung, nice one. I'm famously wank with words so if anyone has anything to offer....
The sky does not know of east or of west;
it is in the minds of men where such distinctions are made, and then they believe them to be true.

Offline fudge

• RAWK Gaylord
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm a swine, its my nature"
    • Fat man dancing
« Reply #209 on: January 20, 2006, 12:44:09 pm »
;D

As I said, I'd like to think that as a matchgoer, you would at very least be able to see my point of view, and in a roundabout way I think you do.

I agree with almost all of what you and also Fletcher Memorial are saying, its just that as I keep saying, sometimes it's easy to be the "superfan" and claim to be "the bigger man", when in reality, most of the lads who do go to the match are the type who would prefer to stand and fight than let the insults go "unanswered" so to speak.

yep look they start it, then take them to the cleaners, by all means. You'll see a fudge shaped blur moonwalking his way back away from the trouble but thats just the Rimmer in me.

All i'm saying is don't give them the excuse to liken us to Leeds,City and Millwalls extremes and  pre-empt it all with a two fingered salute like that Best flag.

Especially when 5 fingered salutes are going to be en vogue on Sunday ;D
Rubber Dinghy Rapids....

Offline Scouser-Tommy

• Legacy Fan
  • Allez, Allez, Allez...
« Reply #210 on: January 20, 2006, 01:01:21 pm »
Fletcher Memorial - That banner is class fella, prefer the 'Bastion of Invincibility' one.

But cant see how you could slgag the other one off though mate - its superb.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #211 on: January 20, 2006, 01:10:04 pm »
Fletcher Memorial - That banner is class fella, prefer the 'Bastion of Invincibility' one.

I didnt slag it off, not really. I was just a little out of touch. Youre right though, that one is a whopper.
it is in the minds of men where such distinctions are made, and then they believe them to be true.

Offline Scouser-Tommy

• Legacy Fan
  • Allez, Allez, Allez...
« Reply #212 on: January 20, 2006, 01:12:44 pm »
That scouse and proud - best things are free needs to be made!

Class banner.

Offline MyIronLung

• Anny Roader
  • This won't hurt a bit.
« Reply #213 on: January 20, 2006, 03:12:47 pm »
Here's one for the Old Trafford.

"It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my reasons for them!"
- Friedrich Nietzsche

Offline MyIronLung

• Anny Roader
  • This won't hurt a bit.
« Reply #214 on: January 20, 2006, 03:20:02 pm »
This one's a bit more thematic:

- Friedrich Nietzsche

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #215 on: January 20, 2006, 03:30:48 pm »
This one's a bit more thematic:

I like that

Offline fudge

• RAWK Gaylord
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm a swine, its my nature"
    • Fat man dancing
« Reply #216 on: January 20, 2006, 03:31:38 pm »
yeah thats great, get it sorted for sunday
Rubber Dinghy Rapids....

Offline Paul Ando

• Legacy Fan
  • Bring Back Anfield Arnie.
« Reply #217 on: January 20, 2006, 03:38:08 pm »

I can see why, and with out going too deep in my opinion it is not very 'Liverpool' and the birds looks like a weird devil. I'm not a fan to be honest.
***** BBA! BBA! BBA! BBA! BBA!*****

Offline anfieldpurch

• Simple
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96!!
« Reply #218 on: January 20, 2006, 03:55:05 pm »
how about this Design later if you like IDEA

ANFIELD: HOME OF HEROES
MAJOR TROPHIES: 39
LEAGUE 18
LEAGUE CUP 7
FA CUP 6
EUROPEAN CUP 5
UEFA CUP 3

Offline Party Phil

• Boring Cunt that flies Air Bizarre
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Big in Japan
« Reply #219 on: January 20, 2006, 03:57:24 pm »

LEAGUE 18
LEAGUE CUP 7
FA CUP 6
EUROPEAN CUP 5
UEFA CUP 3

That would actually be OK without the "major trophies: 39" bit. You're learning lad!
If you're lying, I'll chop your head off.

Offline Hightown Phil

• Loves burgers and men, ideally men on burgers…big fan of the Gormley statues. Turned down a starring role on The Bill.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #220 on: January 20, 2006, 03:59:29 pm »

LEAGUE 18
LEAGUE CUP 7
FA CUP 6
EUROPEAN CUP 5
UEFA CUP 3

Get it made now mate. Genius.

Offline ksparks063

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #221 on: January 20, 2006, 04:00:39 pm »
Eh, my photoshop skills are shite. But i hope you appreciate the idea. Would go well at a Chelsea game.

Had other things i wanted to add, but due to my lack of skills in photoshop i thought maybe something simple would be ok. Any comments welcome.

class... keep it just the way it is, if they dont get the point, then the chelsea fans are as dumb as we think.

Offline gray19lfc

• Would like a McFly hairstyle
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm, there's a golden sky ★★★★★★
« Reply #222 on: January 20, 2006, 04:01:54 pm »
Eh, my photoshop skills are shite. But i hope you appreciate the idea. Would go well at a Chelsea game.

Had other things i wanted to add, but due to my lack of skills in photoshop i thought maybe something simple would be ok. Any comments welcome.
I like it, I like it a lot!  Don't add nothing, don't take nothing away!  Only thing I can add is maybe change the font but if the writing on the flag is going to be painted on, it would be a basic font anyway and maybe you could make "Scouse" and "Proud" bold?

Other than that, it's great and would look great versus them Rent Boys!

YNWA

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #223 on: January 20, 2006, 04:09:49 pm »

I like that, nice and simple. If maybe the lettering was a little bolder like this, not necessarily that font like

Offline anfieldpurch

• Simple
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96!!
« Reply #224 on: January 20, 2006, 04:25:12 pm »
right THESE 2 banners i am starting to MAKE from MONDAY with my textiles teacher helping me with Materials

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #225 on: January 20, 2006, 04:27:51 pm »
right THESE 2 banners i am starting to MAKE from MONDAY with my textiles teacher helping me with Materials

Mate seriously, have a look about before you jump in feet first. And the top one looks manc like.....not good.

KFS

Offline Party Phil

• Boring Cunt that flies Air Bizarre
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Big in Japan
« Reply #226 on: January 20, 2006, 04:35:05 pm »
Anfieldpurch, deffo ditch the second one. If you're gonna do the top one do it in red & white.
If you're lying, I'll chop your head off.

Offline blert596

• or is it Simon Peg, Advert: Buy incontinence bed pads from www.incontinencechoice.co.uk Wash & disposable. Trade & Public.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #227 on: January 20, 2006, 04:40:22 pm »
KISS
All the badge kissing in the world don't make up for the fact that they are, frankly, not Liverpool Football Club. It's not their fault. Its just how it is.

Offline zigackly

• ...is Cassius Clay
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You're ferpectly right.
« Reply #228 on: January 20, 2006, 04:49:35 pm »
Fletch: wouldn't mind seeing that with a bit more curve on the neck and the wings feathered in exactly the same style as the Liverbird on the club crest. It's not so far away from being right as it currently looks.

Lose the flames as well perhaps, so as not to confuse it with a phoenix.

It would be less "cartoon" than the one in the RAWK banner which you dislike, but would be impossible to confuse with a pterodactyl. In my opinion, that is.
A liar will not be believed, even when he speaks the truth.

Offline anfieldpurch

• Simple
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96!!
« Reply #229 on: January 20, 2006, 04:58:29 pm »
heres the REAL ONES i am doing

Offline Calftownred.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #230 on: January 20, 2006, 04:59:14 pm »
Make us dream

Offline Calftownred.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #231 on: January 20, 2006, 05:01:20 pm »

they are suberb mate

hows the new songs goin ?? any ready for sunday??
Make us dream

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #232 on: January 20, 2006, 05:04:33 pm »
Fletch: wouldn't mind seeing that with a bit more curve on the neck and the wings feathered in exactly the same style as the Liverbird on the club crest. It's not so far away from being right as it currently looks.

Lose the flames as well perhaps, so as not to confuse it with a phoenix.

It would be less "cartoon" than the one in the RAWK banner which you dislike, but would be impossible to confuse with a pterodactyl. In my opinion, that is.

Yer it does look a bit prehistoric I must admit, his spike is a bit too big too. This is why I lashed it up at this point to get some feedback.  Cheers, I'll work on it.  I think it's the wing shape, it was itentional but on reflection isnt quite right is it.

oh and the phoenix similarity is a major part of the idea, with relation to the club kinda thing. Again if folk think it's shite it'll go.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2006, 05:06:25 pm by The Fletcher Memorial »

Offline Ron

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #233 on: January 20, 2006, 05:06:33 pm »

Maybe you can make the text smaller so you don't have to stretch the Liverbird.
Just a thought ...

Offline zigackly

• ...is Cassius Clay
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You're ferpectly right.
« Reply #234 on: January 20, 2006, 05:09:51 pm »
Yer it does look a bit prehistoric I must admit, his spike is a bit too big too. This is why I lashed it up at this point to get some feedback.  Cheers, I'll work on it.  I think it's the wing shape, it was itentional but on reflection isnt quite right is it.

oh and the phoenix similarity is a major part of the idea, with relation to the club kinda thing. Again if folk think it's shite it'll go.

Looking at it though, the shape of the wings  isn't that far off, I think it's because you've made them solid that it doesn't work so well. If you look at the one on the crest, it's got that feathered effect which would make this one look more like a Liverbird. If anything, perhaps a little less up-curve on the shape of them.

Could also benefit from a sprig of green in the Liverbirds mouth (is it seaweed? I should know this, but my brains not working), as the head is generally the right shape, but because of the angle and the straight neck it's more reminiscent of the pterodactyl. You could take a bit off the spike, but I wouldn't go too mad.

I don't think the phoenix idea is shite personally, I can see where you're going with it and it might just work. I'd see about feathering the wings first, if it were me. Not that it would be, because I can't draw to save my life ;)
« Last Edit: January 20, 2006, 05:13:11 pm by zigackly »
A liar will not be believed, even when he speaks the truth.

Offline bez

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill!!!!!!!
« Reply #235 on: January 20, 2006, 05:17:58 pm »

In all seriousness, the second 1 is shite, don't bother. 

The first 1 needs reorganising.  league, european, fa, uefa the league cup.  To do it any justice and to let people read it, it will need to be minimum 15-18foot by 10 foot down.  Spacing is all important, you can't have letters that are smaller than about 6 inches for the middle 5 rows or no bugger can see it unless stood close to it, then nearly double that for the headlines at the top and bottom.  Dont forget the spces between rows and a clear 8inches at the top and bottom of the flag or it will look a bit daft like now.. The most important think is not having out of proportion liverbirds or they look like pigeons, like they are now! thus a 6foot tall liverbird will be 3-4foot wide.

This is going to be one very long banner.  I thought mine was bad at 15 foot long.
Oh W**ky W**ky, W**ky W**ky W**ky W**ky Warrington.

Betfair referal code 6TXMVXF6J. £25 free

Offline Ron

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #236 on: January 20, 2006, 05:23:57 pm »
In all seriousness, the second 1 is shite, don't bother. 

The first 1 needs reorganising.  league, european, fa, uefa the league cup.  To do it any justice and to let people read it, it will need to be minimum 15-18foot by 10 foot down.  Spacing is all important, you can't have letters that are smaller than about 6 inches for the middle 5 rows or no bugger can see it unless stood close to it, then nearly double that for the headlines at the top and bottom.  Dont forget the spces between rows and a clear 8inches at the top and bottom of the flag or it will look a bit daft like now.. The most important think is not having out of proportion liverbirds or they look like pigeons, like they are now! thus a 6foot tall liverbird will be 3-4foot wide.

This is going to be one very long banner.  I thought mine was bad at 15 foot long.
Maybe if he'd put just 1 Liverbird, on the left only, it would give some more space for the text. The text could be made to look like a block, so everything is as big as the rest.  And drop eather the top line or the LFC at the bottom, it's just too much.

Offline bez

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill!!!!!!!
« Reply #237 on: January 20, 2006, 05:29:43 pm »
Maybe if he'd put just 1 Liverbird, on the left only, it would give some more space for the text. The text could be made to look like a block, so everything is as big as the rest.  And drop eather the top line or the LFC at the bottom, it's just too much.

Great idea, it does not need the Liverpool fc at the bottom because everybody recognises the crest.  Then you could get away with a 6foot drop and 10 foot wide. Has to be big because there is so much text.

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=24790.0
http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=63730.0
« Last Edit: January 20, 2006, 05:33:53 pm by bez »
Oh W**ky W**ky, W**ky W**ky W**ky W**ky Warrington.

Betfair referal code 6TXMVXF6J. £25 free

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #238 on: January 20, 2006, 05:32:44 pm »
Looking at it though, the shape of the wings  isn't that far off, I think it's because you've made them solid that it doesn't work so well. If you look at the one on the crest, it's got that feathered effect which would make this one look more like a Liverbird. If anything, perhaps a little less up-curve on the shape of them.

Could also benefit from a sprig of green in the Liverbirds mouth (is it seaweed? I should know this, but my brains not working), as the head is generally the right shape, but because of the angle and the straight neck it's more reminiscent of the pterodactyl. You could take a bit off the spike, but I wouldn't go too mad.

I don't think the phoenix idea is shite personally, I can see where you're going with it and it might just work. I'd see about feathering the wings first, if it were me. Not that it would be, because I can't draw to save my life ;)

Nice one sir, good points I'll get them sorted. Something else I was wondering, I was unsure whether to stick an eye on it? As I say I was going down the road of it being a more abstracted liverbird but should it have a mince pie?

Offline kopite-stu

• Anny Roader
  • The first and the last. Cardiff 01 & 06.
« Reply #239 on: January 20, 2006, 05:36:36 pm »
Fletcher i like it!!!

Get it made
Red for life