Author Topic: Keep it Cheap Football Draft  (Read 6915 times)

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Keep it Cheap Football Draft
« Reply #80 on: May 10, 2021, 03:43:15 pm »
Damn you Defacto. I was hoping he would sneak by and I could pick him in later rounds.

Very rarely picked in drafts but he was a fantastic player.

One of my favorite strikers ever, underappreciated and this is the perfect draft to pick him

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #81 on: May 10, 2021, 03:49:30 pm »
Bergkamp £10.13 Million.  :no

Online Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #82 on: May 10, 2021, 03:58:43 pm »
Take your time, Pete. I'm going to have to wait on draft chief Elzar to give a ruling on one of my next picks.

Love the Elber pick by the way. Had a similar plan as Max hoping he'd go under the radar.
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #83 on: May 10, 2021, 04:00:39 pm »
Bergkamp £10.13 Million.  :no

Haha I saw that too.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #84 on: May 10, 2021, 04:00:57 pm »
Dont wait up Betty, I've checked and its just over 100 games ;)
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #85 on: May 10, 2021, 04:02:04 pm »
This is so tough, and from what I can tell, strikers are in short supply.  Figured everyone else would have Vardy on their radar, so might as well snap him up now while I try and work out what the hell I'm doing with the rest of the team.

Compliments Del Piero nicely too.

If by ‘compliments’ you mean abuses him for being Italian then you’re probably spot on.

Online Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #86 on: May 10, 2021, 04:05:16 pm »
Saying Jamie Vardy compliments Alessandro Del Piero is akin to saying a can of Red Thunder and 2 Sterling Dual compliments an exquisite Cacio e Pepe and a glass of chilled Garganega ;D ;)
« Last Edit: May 10, 2021, 04:12:10 pm by Drinks Sangria »
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Online tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #87 on: May 10, 2021, 04:06:25 pm »
If by ‘compliments’ you mean abuses him for being Italian then you’re probably spot on.

Little bit of friction in the team will be good.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Online Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #88 on: May 10, 2021, 04:30:40 pm »
Dont wait up Betty, I've checked and its just over 100 games ;)

Haha it's not who you think it is  ;D

This is a transfer fee issue - i.e. is finding the fee on a different site to transfermarkt allowed?
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: May 10, 2021, 04:34:32 pm »

This is a transfer fee issue - i.e. is finding the fee on a different site to transfermarkt allowed?

Hmmm as high up as you are in the high table, I'd say not just so we're all singing from the same hymn sheet. I'm sure there's some sources which show Bergkamp under £10 million an Pete would have had him otherwise....

...unless there isnt a fee on transfermarkt at all, then I'd say it maybe is?
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #90 on: May 10, 2021, 04:41:44 pm »
Hmmm as high up as you are in the high table, I'd say not just so we're all singing from the same hymn sheet. I'm sure there's some sources which show Bergkamp under £10 million an Pete would have had him otherwise....

...unless there isnt a fee on transfermarkt at all, then I'd say it maybe is?

Yeah, there's no fee on transfermarkt. Definitely wouldn't suggest we start overriding the fees on the main source!

Online Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #91 on: May 10, 2021, 04:41:55 pm »
I think for ease of agreement, we should stick to Transfermarkt, unless there is no alternative but to use another source.

Bergkamp is a good example as Lobo says because he's on some other sites as around £9m.

Keeps us all honest and keeps it devolving into arguing about which source is more reliable. I've literally only found one player I've an interest in with no fee listed on Transfermarkt. Nowhere seems to have that info in all honesty.

Betty - if it's not there or on Wiki, I'm sure we can all agree on an alternative source so pick the player then if anyone has any remonstrations about it you can disclose where the info is from.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2021, 04:43:32 pm by Drinks Sangria »
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: May 10, 2021, 04:45:43 pm »
Ahhh yeah I'd say that's fair then, I had someone earlier in mind but couldn't be arsed hunting around trying to find a source for a transfer in 1993! But yeah if its not on transfermarkt and there's another source (a legit one!) showing a source for the move I'd say thats fair enough

Online Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #93 on: May 10, 2021, 04:45:57 pm »
Alrighty, I'll make my other safe pick first in case Elzar turns up. If not I'll pick the player in question on the way down.

Online Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #94 on: May 10, 2021, 04:47:57 pm »
What a rock hard bastard Ayala was.

Online Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #95 on: May 10, 2021, 04:51:33 pm »
What a rock hard bastard Ayala was.

Yeah, love him. To my surprise, I've never drafted him before either. Probably because Hazell always hogs him (and Redondo).

There are a lot of good CBs in this IMO, but there's going to be a rush at some point and I don't want to be on the end of it.

Online Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: May 10, 2021, 04:53:30 pm »
Yeah, love him. To my surprise, I've never drafted him before either. Probably because Hazell always hogs him (and Redondo).

There are a lot of good CBs in this IMO, but there's going to be a rush at some point and I don't want to be on the end of it.
Yeah I've taken Pique now as well as Marcelo - felt that whilst there's at least 10 other super high quality centre halves, I wanted at least one in case my options get cut right down, and with Roberto Carlos gone, there's probably two other very good left backs available then nothing.

I feel like Pique is a tad underrated on here, maybe because he's still playing and not the player he once was, but during his peak he was truly an excellent defender who was good with the ball at his feet too - one of the most loaded trophy cabinets in the history of the game.

Online Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #97 on: May 10, 2021, 05:01:39 pm »
Made my pick. Happy to change it if anyone has a problem  :)

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #98 on: May 10, 2021, 05:25:45 pm »
Bloody Hell Ballack!  I didn't even bother looking on Transfermkt as I was sure Chelsea paid a premium for him.

Give me 20  mins and I will post my next selection.

Bergkamp £10.13m :no

Bergkamp was one I spotted when looking at possibilities.

Updated the list for you all. Sorry works been busy so will try keep it as up to date as possible
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: May 10, 2021, 05:33:16 pm »

You are basically making my picks with Ayala and Signori.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: May 10, 2021, 05:49:09 pm »
Hour per pick now correct?

Online Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #101 on: May 10, 2021, 05:52:34 pm »
You are basically making my picks with Ayala and Signori.

Haha well you always did have very good taste  ;D

Got the all clear over PM from Elzar for my Italian wikipedia excursion by the way. Always interests me how much the wikis differ from country to country.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: May 10, 2021, 06:03:32 pm »

It was :D

Online Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #103 on: May 10, 2021, 06:29:39 pm »

Online Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: May 10, 2021, 07:27:22 pm »
Maybe see if Hazell is about if Tub isn’t around in the next 15/20.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105 on: May 10, 2021, 07:39:26 pm »
I'm about like Jeremy Beadle. Will make my pick in the next 30 minutes or so, will wait for tubby in the meantime.

Online Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #106 on: May 10, 2021, 08:28:52 pm »
Shall I go?

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: May 10, 2021, 08:29:19 pm »

Online Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: May 10, 2021, 08:31:52 pm »
Done and done.

Online Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: May 10, 2021, 08:33:56 pm »
Superb pick Hazell. Was on my list for sure.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: May 10, 2021, 08:36:31 pm »
Wanker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: May 10, 2021, 08:44:48 pm »
If anyone needs a striker, PM me.

Online Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: May 10, 2021, 09:08:13 pm »
Was wondering how long Robbo would stick around. I think the three truly world class left backs are all gone now.

Still gutted about Toto, had a feeling he’d be a sleeper I could pick up in a latter round.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: May 10, 2021, 09:10:38 pm »
Was wondering how long Robbo would stick around. I think the three truly world class left backs are all gone now.

Still gutted about Toto, had a feeling he’d be a sleeper I could pick up in a latter round.

There are more world class left-backs available.  ;)

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #114 on: May 10, 2021, 09:12:20 pm »
Yeah there’s some class left backs remaining. Right backs getting pretty sparse though....

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #115 on: May 10, 2021, 09:15:03 pm »
Yeah there’s some class left backs remaining. Right backs getting pretty sparse though....

There are a few good ones, in both categories.

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #116 on: May 10, 2021, 09:16:17 pm »
So is Cole a legit pick? Technically it was 6.6million + Gallas in a trade I think.

If people think its not legal I can re-pick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #117 on: May 10, 2021, 09:16:57 pm »
So is Cole a legit pick? Technically it was 6.6million + Gallas in a trade I think.

If people think its not legal I can re-pick

I think it's a legit pick.

Online Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #118 on: May 10, 2021, 09:18:29 pm »
Gutted all the left backs are going but had to go with another midfielder because to my mind, there's only 1 more proper one left.

Edit: Two left.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2021, 09:20:43 pm by Hazell »

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #119 on: May 10, 2021, 09:19:18 pm »
Damn Hazell is stealing all my picks. First Di Natale then Effenberg