Author Topic: Mancs away 13/5 if their fans permit it  (Read 166621 times)

Online RogerTheRed

• Danke Juergen
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • There's a golden sky on the way
Mancs away 13/5 if their fans permit it
« on: May 1, 2021, 07:08:28 am »
Come on Redmen!!
Well Leicester drawing against 10 man Southampton leaves the top 4 door open. Playing them is always massive and stressful. I just hope our front four bring their shooting boots with them as these are beatable and will give us chances.
I do worry that their set up is exactly what we do not like with our makeshift defence and their speed on the break.
Bizarrely, missing Phillips has cost us in the last two and I did not hear specifically if he is fit. If he is I think he must start with Fab in midfield.
I would start Sadio from the bench and have Thiago and Milner making up the midfield.
Hoping for a narrow win.
« Last Edit: May 9, 2021, 10:22:56 am by JerseyKloppite »
Come On You Mighty Scouse Reds!!

Offline RedSamba

• Legacy Fan
  • EUROPEAN ROYALTY
Re: Mancs away 2/5
« Reply #1 on: May 1, 2021, 07:37:22 am »
We shit the bed at their place 99% of the time. Given our shit form, I will take a draw if you offer it.

Offline Brain Potter

• Embarrassing. Likes to listen through the walls....Auralist Extrodinaire!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2 on: May 1, 2021, 07:56:33 am »
Can’t remember if I’ve ever been less arsed about a United v Liverpool game in my life. Once it’s on I’ll be wound up I guess but this game normally has me on edge days before.
Having said that a win is vital if any chance of a top 4 is to be realistic. Chelsea go to Man City next week I think so they may we’ll drop points there.
The thing is United are a decent team but well beatable. We are better away from home, so we are well capable of giving them a good hiding. It’s the hope that kills you though.

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #3 on: May 1, 2021, 08:33:46 am »
Historically these games seem to live their own life, disconnected from the respective teams performance in the league, so I have hope.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #4 on: May 1, 2021, 09:46:55 am »
According to the Times, United are fearful that fans will disrupt the game tomorrow. There are rumours of the coaches being blocked. Looks like they are having to bring in more police.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #5 on: May 1, 2021, 09:57:03 am »
The most over hyped game..don’t think we will win this one. If we do, I’ll only be more frustrated at the results that have stopped us getting top 4.

Draw 1-1 and Salah to score, who else haha

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: May 1, 2021, 10:07:07 am »
A win would be success beyond what we’ve managed in quite a few recent seasons there so given this season is worse in pretty much every way to recent years a win would actually be a lovely little highlight. Expecting us to draw or lose though.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #7 on: May 1, 2021, 10:09:49 am »
The most over hyped game..don’t think we will win this one. If we do, I’ll only be more frustrated at the results that have stopped us getting top 4.

Draw 1-1 and Salah to score, who else haha

The build up to this match has been very low key (albeit I avoid Sky etc).

On the BBC football homepage the game isn't even mentioned.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #8 on: May 1, 2021, 10:24:34 am »
The build up to this match has been very low key (albeit I avoid Sky etc).

On the BBC football homepage the game isn't even mentioned.

Yeah I don’t mean tomorrow’s match specifically. The whole season has been pretty low key  ;D

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #9 on: May 1, 2021, 11:05:08 am »
Haha...as an omen (looking how the thread title is written) I'm going for a 2-5 away win. Who knows, in this crazy pointless old season anything could happen!
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Online kaesarsosei

• Brutally bad.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: May 1, 2021, 11:06:17 am »

Well Leicester drawing against 10 man Southampton leaves the top 4 door open.

Really? We're 9 behind with a game in hand, even a win tomorrow leaves us 6 adrift. The only slight positive is that Leicester have 3 really hard games but they are a good team - we can't expect them to lose all 3.

I make us about 10% chance to finish ahead of Leicester, at best.

Offline Simplexity

• Do we need the xity? (apparently not)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: May 1, 2021, 11:08:24 am »
Really? We're 9 behind with a game in hand, even a win tomorrow leaves us 6 adrift. The only slight positive is that Leicester have 3 really hard games but they are a good team - we can't expect them to lose all 3.

Even if they did lose a couple we would not win all of our games, that is just not happening unfortunately.

Hopefully we get a win here, you never know. Looking at it historically and current form however it seems unlikely. Draw as customary 1-1.

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #12 on: May 1, 2021, 11:08:50 am »

Agree, any remote chance of a top 4 finish surely vanished after the late fuck ups at Leeds and Newcastle. 4 massive points dropped there.

Offline Father Ted

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: May 1, 2021, 11:47:17 am »
Fabinho back in midfield please.

Based on recent form it’s difficult to be hopeful, even when managed by a clown they still look like a team with goals in them whereas we spurn chances for fun. I’ve never felt so un-arsed about this fixture to be honest, this miserable season’s just killed all my enthusiasm.

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #14 on: May 1, 2021, 12:08:28 pm »
'Jürgen Klopp's pre-match press conference | Manchester United' (13 minutes):-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/gqYHpKVaU8Q" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/gqYHpKVaU8Q</a>

Liverpool matches being shown live on UK TV : www.live-footballontv.com/liverpool-on-tv.html (& www.live-footballontv.com)

Liverpool matches being shown live on TV around the world (+ great for IPTV etc) : www.livesoccertv.com/teams/england/liverpool

Lots of stream sites & match highlights - and more info for the 2020/21 season : www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.0

^ aka the pinned 'Some useful info for following the football on tv (+ streams etc) for 2020/21' thread in the 'General Football and Sport' section of RAWK.

For live scores, team line-ups, fixtures & results, tables, in-game comms, info, stats and more... : www.flashscore.co.uk/football/england/premier-league

Goal Videos (and other incidents, saves, skills, red cards etc) often appear here minutes after being scored : www.reddit.com/r/soccer/new & https://twitter.com

« Last Edit: May 1, 2021, 12:12:22 pm by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline The_Nomad

• Kopite
« Reply #15 on: May 1, 2021, 12:12:05 pm »
Doubters into believers? Not so much these days with the performances AND results, l suppose. Would have been a different story if some of the chances had gone in but that’s been a bit of a pipe dream lately. I’m still hopeful that the team finds the collective will and confidence from somewhere to get a win tomorrow but it’s hard to see from where. There’s an aura of, “Let’s just get the season over with somehow and try again next one” throughout the team and l don’t know if it’s going to be possible for Klopp to overcome this negativity. It might not be so easy to rebuild this loss of collective confidence. It’s actually amazing that we as supporters will need to be converted again from doubters to believers after the heroics of the last 3-4 seasons.
Good Judgement Comes From Experience, Unfortunately Experience Comes From Bad Judgement.

Offline kezzy

• Kopite
« Reply #16 on: May 1, 2021, 12:13:57 pm »
Hate this fixture and always hated going there especially cos our record there is shite and I hate walking out of that dump after these twats have beaten us.  So on that note I’m going for a 5 nil win to the mighty reds.  😂 Salah and Jota to score all the goals.  Come on the red men. 

Offline bornandbRED

• ... an ESL super fan. aka physioSTALKER
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: May 1, 2021, 12:14:05 pm »
Be arsed watching this

Offline King Kenny 7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: May 1, 2021, 12:29:44 pm »
Considering the form of both teams we clearly go in to this game as underdogs - suits me.

Think we sneak in an give'm a bit of a Spanking - its the manks, it not like they are Newcastle!

Only real question is how many penalties they get.

2-4 to us.   :scarf :scarf :scarf

Offline Marty 85

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: May 1, 2021, 12:32:23 pm »
Fair play to anyone still interested and watching at this point.

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
« Reply #20 on: May 1, 2021, 12:49:42 pm »
Not expecting anything to be honest. Because we never get anything there. And Salah almost always gets absolutely nothing out of Shaw.

Tough to see how we win. Must win game and they know it so they will just eat up the pressure and stop us playing. And these days even if you can’t stop us playing we’ll undoubtedly miss chances and one on ones. Bruno has been shite in the league recently but watch him put on a performance tomorrow.
YWNA

Offline mikeb58

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #21 on: May 1, 2021, 12:57:03 pm »
Be arsed watching this

Same here, not that I get Sky anyway, but for the same 4 reasons I haven't watched a game all season.

Blatant unpunished cheating
VAR
Empty stadiums
Big girly Players screaming in agony pretending they're hurt! (Only happens in men's footy I think, hugely embarrassing for all concerned, my non footy fan mates ruthlessly take the piss, don't  blame them)

Offline deano2727

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: May 1, 2021, 01:05:57 pm »
Haven't watched a game in 5-6 weeks, won't be watching this one either.

Got a boring draw written all over it, anyway.

Offline vicar

• Legacy Fan
  • Free at last!
« Reply #23 on: May 1, 2021, 01:21:12 pm »
Fabinho back in midfield please.

Based on recent form it’s difficult to be hopeful, even when managed by a clown they still look like a team with goals in them whereas we spurn chances for fun. I’ve never felt so un-arsed about this fixture to be honest, this miserable season’s just killed all my enthusiasm.

I know what you mean, but I think Fab will be in defense with Kabak. I expect Milner in midfield to shore it up and probably 3 of the front 4 at the start.

On the one hand I have had enough of this season and how nothing seems to go for us, whether it be more injuries in one position than anyone could imagine, or terrible marginal VAR decisions that never seem to swing out way or how shite our finishing has been. However I can't believe that Utd are second. First half of the season they were woeful, I think they have got better, but still they have rode their luck barring one or two exceptional performances. Defensively they have been remarkably strong considering how shite Maguire is.
I now don't expect us to get 4th, but if our forwards could just take chances like they did 18 months ago It would ne nice to see us to put a few past these.

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #24 on: May 1, 2021, 01:52:27 pm »
The fact that the pre match thread to a Utd v Liverpool game is started on the day before the game, tells you everything about the appetite for this game.

We haven't beat them at Old Trafford since 2014 & I cant see us winning tomorrow either.

Debating whether I can be arsed putting myself through watching us. Just want the season to end.

Meh.
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline QC

• rawks Lionel Hutz, ambulance chaser.Sucks up to the wrong type of Mod.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: May 1, 2021, 01:56:47 pm »
We’ll probably win this game now that we won’t finish top 4 and pressure is off. United have nothing to play for either.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #26 on: May 1, 2021, 02:01:54 pm »
I would like to play our Joker Brian

Offline seenitall

• Main Stander
  • Liverpool FC has the most knowledgeable supporters
« Reply #27 on: May 1, 2021, 02:03:26 pm »
Man City winning 2-0 as I write.
 The sad thing is officially, we will no longer be League Champions if we don’t win tomorrow.

Offline jacobs chains

• Legacy Fan
  • The fight will not be attaining dreams.
« Reply #28 on: May 1, 2021, 02:06:13 pm »
Non-covid this is my favourite game of the year, mainly because I can get a ticket.

The way this goes in my head is that if we're shit and they are doing alright then we win. This year we're shit on a whole new level (in terms of the drop off and results rather than actual ability) so I'm not so confident. Still, there would be nothing more Liverpool than us absolutely putting them to the sword.

1-3.

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: May 1, 2021, 02:06:42 pm »
Would love a 3 of Fab, Thiago and Curtis here.

Offline vicar

• Legacy Fan
  • Free at last!
« Reply #30 on: May 1, 2021, 02:14:01 pm »
So if we do win, we give City the title?

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #31 on: May 1, 2021, 02:15:38 pm »
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline seenitall

• Main Stander
  • Liverpool FC has the most knowledgeable supporters
« Reply #32 on: May 1, 2021, 02:23:46 pm »
So if we do win, we give City the title?
Sorry about my previous post; talking rubbish !
You are correct, I meant to say, Liverpool winning tomorrow will mean Man City are champions.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #33 on: May 1, 2021, 02:52:08 pm »
Thought United would have an eye on the semi final which could give us an edge, particularly at half time on Thursday night, but the usual Roma bottle job puts them into the game on a high and means they don't have to worry about the second leg.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #34 on: May 1, 2021, 03:01:21 pm »
Fuck Manchester United and fuck the horse they rode in on.
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Online Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: May 1, 2021, 03:11:07 pm »
Sorry about my previous post; talking rubbish !
You are correct, I meant to say, Liverpool winning tomorrow will mean Man City are champions.

Couldn’t give a shit about City. They have bought another title and will do so again next year probably, past caring as no one else in the game seems to give a shit Pep has spent about £400 million on defenders to win another trophy. Klopp being a freak in what he has done is the only thing standing in the way of Pep buying about 5 in a row.

Hope we win but this season has been dog shit wrapped in cat shit so not expecting anything at all.

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: May 1, 2021, 03:41:36 pm »
Go with a 3-5-2 win the the battle in midfield and see if we can get a few chances with our long ball with Salah & Jota to chase. Kabak, Fab & Williams in the back, drop a few yards and see if we can draw Utd out of their shell as they will just punt and see if their quick players can get at our slow back line. The least we can do is end their 'title' hopes and maybe just maybe keep our Top 4 chances alive by a string.
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #37 on: May 1, 2021, 04:00:26 pm »
Think we're in for a pasting myself. We're not going to be able to handle Rashford and Greenwood's pace and we'll probably miss about 10 sitters. Top that off with our poor record there and it doesn't look good.

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: May 1, 2021, 04:06:28 pm »
Nothing seems to suggest this will go well. You can't point to any former games at OT or the way we approached the derby, a game we were supposed to look at least assed for.

But this is football so who the hell knows.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline Ultimate Bromance

• The Crab
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: May 1, 2021, 04:13:47 pm »
Knock these off then lose to whatever fucking relegation dross we play next

The 2020/21 Liverpool way.
Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose.