Author Topic: Welcome to Liverpool Thiago Alcantara  (Read 805610 times)

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
Re: Welcome to Liverpool Thiago Alcantara
« Reply #3360 on: May 9, 2021, 11:36:36 am »
Not a single player has come out and said anything so why are you even raising the question? Klopp has already said the squad ie the main players are staying together and we go again next season, hopefully with a proper pre-season behind us. Absolutely no reason to be saying anything else.

The issue we have is Mane, Salah, Firmino, Van Dijk and Fabinho are all out of contract in two years time. We don't want a few more Wijnaldum's on our hands.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #3361 on: May 9, 2021, 11:36:46 am »
Nobody is leaving and I never said they would. I don’t really care if they did.

You said they wouldn't be happy about playing in the third tier of European football, that is your opinion alone as no one has said anything have they? So why even go there?
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3362 on: May 9, 2021, 11:39:10 am »
The issue we have is Mane, Salah, Firmino, Van Dijk and Fabinho are all out of contract in two years time. We don't want a few more Wijnaldum's on our hands.

We already know they are working on Van Dijk's contract and I am pretty sure the likes of Salah and Fab will get another one as well. They will probably try and sell a few of the wider squad first, to get a couple of fresh faces in. Then they can decide what happens with Mane and Bobby, but I'm pretty sure neither will be sold at the end of the season.

Online Phineus

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3363 on: May 9, 2021, 11:39:53 am »
You said they wouldn't be happy about playing in the third tier of European football, that is your opinion alone as no one has said anything have they? So why even go there?

to be honest I don’t think they would be, nor would us fans playing in this new conference thing.

Don’t for a second think that means they want to leave the club, but I hope they would not be happy playing that competition as would show there is still hunger in them to win the big prizes.

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3364 on: May 9, 2021, 11:42:11 am »
to be honest I don’t think they would be, nor would us fans playing in this new conference thing.

Don’t for a second think that means they want to leave the club, but I hope they would not be happy playing that competition as would show there is still hunger in them to win the big prizes.

I'm not saying they'd be happy about it, I think most will want to make up for this season as that seems to be the overall chemistry of this squad. A combination of situations has gone against us this season, I am more optimistic for next season providing we can get a proper pre season in.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3365 on: May 9, 2021, 11:43:31 am »

It was in reply to a poster talking about Thiago’s happiness. Anyway of course they wouldn’t be happy, Alisson, Salah, Van Dijk and Fabinho are in the top three in the world in their positions and could be playing in some farmers field in some games next season.

I didn’t imply that any of them wanted to leave and quite frankly I haven’t really cared if a player wants to or not since Suarez.

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #3366 on: May 9, 2021, 11:23:47 pm »
He's never experienced a full Anfield singing about him. Can't wait to show him what it's like.

He has an inkling, I'm sure, of what it will be like. But only an inkling. He will be amazed.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #3367 on: May 10, 2021, 10:58:00 am »
Thought he was quite poor first 30 on Saturday then bossed the game.

One thing which is doing my head in a bit, though: why does Klopp keep using him from the right? Not only does Thiago look more comfortable from a left-of-centre role, it would also make more sense for us to have Thiago and Trent's class and creativity coming from both sides of the pitch. Let Gini do Trent's leg work, surely?

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3368 on: May 13, 2021, 10:16:22 pm »
He brings me so much joy.

Online Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3369 on: May 13, 2021, 10:16:35 pm »
He was absolutely incredible today.

Online HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
« Reply #3370 on: May 13, 2021, 10:21:46 pm »
Brilliant to see that klopp has stopped taking him off. A month ago he would have came off instead of gini. He’s just so crucial when we need a calm presence in the middle

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #3371 on: May 13, 2021, 10:21:58 pm »
Fantastic today
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online Simplexity

• Do we need the xity? (apparently not)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3372 on: May 13, 2021, 10:22:55 pm »
He has been very good recently, he needs a Fabinho there.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #3373 on: May 13, 2021, 10:23:45 pm »
Great defensively tonight, 3 tackles and 2 interceptions while still moving the ball forward at every opportunity.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Online Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3374 on: May 13, 2021, 10:26:01 pm »
If a bid comes in over the summer he'll be gone.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3375 on: May 13, 2021, 10:26:22 pm »
Brilliant tonight, such a class player.

With our strongest defence we can put out back next season, he'll be even better.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Gods_Left_Boot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3376 on: May 13, 2021, 10:27:17 pm »
Brilliant performance tonight. Silky and composed in possession but also loads of steel and effort.
September 12, 2012:Truth today, justice tomorrow.

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3377 on: May 13, 2021, 10:27:45 pm »
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #3378 on: May 13, 2021, 10:28:34 pm »
Thanks for the update boss.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #3379 on: May 13, 2021, 10:28:44 pm »
Really good tonight.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3380 on: May 13, 2021, 10:41:15 pm »
A very intelligent performance from Thiago today.

Offline Vinay

• West Coast privileges revoked due to jinxing activity. Considerably more greedier than yaow!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ceux qui écrivent clairement ont des lecteurs.....
« Reply #3381 on: May 13, 2021, 10:44:45 pm »
Kinell, what a player!

Offline Magz50

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3382 on: May 13, 2021, 10:46:03 pm »
Pure class today.

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3383 on: May 13, 2021, 10:46:34 pm »
Looks a bit like losing him and Jota for three months each might not have helped our season.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #3384 on: May 13, 2021, 10:49:45 pm »
He ran like a rabid dog all game long. Great performance!
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Online PIPA23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3385 on: May 13, 2021, 11:08:05 pm »
top class.

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
  • Who ate all the bloody Pringles?
« Reply #3386 on: May 13, 2021, 11:11:39 pm »
He was like a metronome, kept the teams tempo flowing. He oozes class on the ball and forming a very nice partnership with Fabinho. Hopefully he can build on this performance and come back next season into a more stable team.
I’ve plenty links to the clubs playing and backroom staff as many on here know thank you very much. Fair enough, I admire your optimism. But you’re absolute ostriches if you think this squad, even with 2 or 3 new, “cut price” players with potential get us anywhere close

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #3387 on: May 13, 2021, 11:20:46 pm »
Sensational display
His work ethic and desire were fantastic to watch

Offline aka_da_saus

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
  • follow me on twitter @aka_da_saus
« Reply #3388 on: May 13, 2021, 11:43:54 pm »
Any sign the  Thiago Is a Veron or schweinsteiger fellas ?
we hate nottingham forest
we hate everton 2 THERE SHIT
we hate man united
but liverpool we love u
all together now

Online Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3389 on: May 14, 2021, 12:00:16 am »

:jong
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline The Test

• 6'3" tall, very strong but also pretty quick seeks soulmate with GSOH. Priority given to Mormons.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Coutinho's cousins mates tennis partner
« Reply #3390 on: May 14, 2021, 12:12:21 am »
fab and thiago up against "Mcfred" in the 1st half is pretty funny when you think about it.

Offline Sinyoro

• Give the ball to Bobby and he will scyoro
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3391 on: May 14, 2021, 01:32:56 am »
fab and thiago up against "Mcfred" in the 1st half is pretty funny when you think about it.

Don’t you diss McTom, an honest and proud Scotsman mixing it up in the middle of the park with the Brazilians😀

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #3392 on: May 14, 2021, 03:54:36 am »
Having a good laugh at all the idiotic, premature Thiago haters and whingers in this thread.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2021, 06:38:34 am by Ghost Town »
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline The Test

• 6'3" tall, very strong but also pretty quick seeks soulmate with GSOH. Priority given to Mormons.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3393 on: May 14, 2021, 07:42:46 am »
Don’t you diss McTom, an honest and proud Scotsman mixing it up in the middle of the park with the Brazilians😀

Years ago I was visiting Rio in my 20’s. One morning with filthy hangovers me and a mate were strolling around on Copacabana beach and we passed some 2 on 2 beach footballers. We decided to challenge them to a game. We thought we’d bring some honest British endeavour and over come their fancy Dan trickery. We didn’t clock that you have to let the ball do the work when running on soft sand and after thundering around for 10 minutes we were absolutely fucked. We got our arses expertly handed to us.

Then an hour later 20 or so Brazilian Victoria’s secrets models arrived on the beach for a photo shoot. So that was nice.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #3394 on: May 14, 2021, 08:00:33 am »
Years ago I was visiting Rio in my 20’s.
Did you get merked?
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #3395 on: May 14, 2021, 08:06:14 am »

That’s McSauce to you. Show some respect!

Great game from Thiago last night I thought. Really think next season he’ll be bossing games. Toughest baptism of fire possible this season and he’s showing really positive signs, seems to relish the battle.

Offline The Test

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3396 on: May 14, 2021, 08:34:11 am »
Did you get merked?

I did not get “Rio’d” thankfully. Even when stumbling around outside the copacabana Favela at 3am looking to get “sorted out”.

Online bobadicious

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3397 on: May 14, 2021, 08:40:41 am »
Ooh i liked this version of Thiago. Tenacious performance.
Football is a lie

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3398 on: May 14, 2021, 10:31:55 am »
Finishing the season very strongly

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #3399 on: May 14, 2021, 10:37:52 am »
Finishing the season very strongly

He's playing well. His fitness could be better, it's like he's never really got fully up to speed (and that's just the nature of no pre-season and then a 4 month injury). When he went off against Newcastle we lost all control in midfield.

Hopefully he's got another 3 good performances in him this season.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season