Author Topic: NFL Dynasty League - Rookie Draft starting 7.05.21 7.30pm  (Read 6980 times)

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
NFL Dynasty League - Rookie Draft starting 7.05.21 7.30pm
« on: May 29, 2020, 11:24:12 am »

Hi folks,

Figured I would start a topic for everyone who has signed up to the Dynasty League so that we can discuss rules and sort out a a date and time for the draft to take place. We now have all 12 places occupied and signed up on the Sleeper app

Myself
stoa
GerryAttrick
classycarra
Claus
Trendisdestiny
GodsLeftBoot
mikeylfc
Buck Pete
Beav
Defacto
Mr F

If there's anyone who missed out it may be worth discussing the possibility of co-owning a team with one of the posters above as this league will be a big commitment once it gets going with trades and stuff going on pretty much all year round. And hopefully if all goes well this league will be running for a few years.

I'm unsure as to how much you all know about Dynasty leagues so to give you an idea of the basic jist I'll breakdown the key points.

Once we sort a draft order the draft will take place on an agreed date when all owners can make it. This initial draft is extremely important as unlike in standard fantasy leagues, it will be the only full draft that takes place in this league. That means once you have drafted your players, that's it, that is your roster set in stone for this season, next season and the season after that etc!

After the draft the only way to obtain new players will be via trades, free agency and waivers and rookie drafts. Rookie only drafts will take place each year following the real life NFL draft. Once our initial draft is completed owners will be allocated draft picks for the rookie only drafts for the next couple of seasons which can be traded for players/other draft picks, just like in the NFL. The draft order for rookie only drafts will be determined by the previous season's standings with the bottom ranked team picking 1st and the top ranked team picking 12th.

The scoring for the league will be PPR (Point Per Reception), this scoring system is basically the most popular one out there in the fantasy world right now and it's my preferred method. I won't bore everyone with the breakdown of this scoring system as I'm sure most of you are familiar with it and this info can be found on the Sleeper app.

I have set the roster size at 24 for now with 9 starters and 15 bench spots. When I've looked into roster sizes for dynasty startups I've seen various recommendations ranging from 20 spots to as many as 40 so I'm happy to change this if people think we should go for more.

Starting roster spots will be as follows

1 QB
2 RB
2 WR
1 TE
2 Flex (WR/RB/TE)
1 Superflex (QB/WR/RB/TE)
15 bench

I've gone with this as I think it provides everyone with some flexibility as to what kind of roster they build with teams being able to start as many as 2 QBs if they wish or they could go RB heavy and start as many as 5 in that position. I've also decided to not bother with kickers or Defences. I don't have any issues with these positions in normal redraft leagues but I think they are far too luck dependent for a dynasty league as things like Def TDs and long field goals happen far too randomly.

Edit - Playoff Info - The top 6 teams each year will go into the playoffs which will commence in Week 14. The 2 highest ranked teams will have a bye and 3rd will play 6th and 4th will play 5th in an elimination round. For the bottom 6 teams we can choose between having a consolation bracket where we find the best of the worst or we can have a Toilet Bowl to have them battling it out for last place (losing team from each round gets flushed to the next round).

I'm currently working on drafting up some by-laws to cover some of the more nuanced rules of the league so will share them when I get them finished.

I think that covers the basics so let's get cracking with deciding a draft date so we can move onto the important stuff... the trash talk. ;D

Redviper AKA The Commish

EDIT - I have now randomised the draft order which is as follows

1. Gerry Attrick
2. BaxterTheWall (Mr F)
3. Trendisdestiny
4. CarlG87 (Redviper)
5. mikeylfc
6. classycarra
7. BuckPete
8. GLB
9. Beav
10. Claus
11. stoa
12. defacto

« Last Edit: May 4, 2021, 10:34:57 am by Red Viper or RedViper87 please? Thanks x »

Online Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
This is the content I'm here for.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
This is the content I'm here for.

Me too. Perfect pic to kick off with too.

Offline Mr F

• uckwit
  • Kopite
Thanks for setting this all up Carl, appreciate the effort!
Chardee MacDennis: The Game of Games

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
*awaits arrival of a very excited Trend with a completely nonsensical and confusing gif*

;D

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
*awaits arrival of a very excited Trend with a completely nonsensical and confusing gif*

;D

I'll feel let down if it's just one :P

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
Here is my view of Carl's efforts here: Take a bow lad!

Nonsensical  some may say.   Ahem Viper.

I call it free association of the best order - forcing my opponents onto my field of play (utter reprehensible folly, absurdities and a smidge of vehement attitude wrapped in a barrage of word volleys that few can withstand).

Btw, I will be looking to trade down if I get a top three pick.   Please make note if there are players you want.

please note name change from Claus to Something Worse - beware of him drafting Arizona players too...
« Last Edit: May 29, 2020, 02:34:01 pm by Trendisdestiny »
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Never fails to deliver.

You're welcome and also I think everyone is well aware of Claus transforming into something worse. He's changed his name as well.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
What about a date for draft order?  What does everyone think? 

When do we find out?
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Online Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
I assume we're going to wait for a bit to do the draft because they haven't started training yet? Would be tough if your first rounder goes down in the first week of pre-season training. In saying that, I don't mind when it's done. Just let me know and I'll be there.

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I assume we're going to wait for a bit to do the draft because they haven't started training yet? Would be tough if your first rounder goes down in the first week of pre-season training. In saying that, I don't mind when it's done. Just let me know and I'll be there.

No real rush to get the draft done just yet but want to get everyone who's signed up engaged so no one forgets about it.

I do think with it being a dynasty draft that we could get it done a little bit earlier than you would for a one season league as managing injuries is going to be kind of part and parcel of this thing. Also there will be IR slots for players who are out injured so you don't have to worry about dropping them or having them take up a roster spot.

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
What about a date for draft order?  What does everyone think? 

When do we find out?

Draft order I can sort anytime with a click of a button but would like to get everyone involved in this thread first just so I know no one is having any second thoughts about their commitment after being bombarded with my rules. :D

Online Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
No real rush to get the draft done just yet but want to get everyone who's signed up engaged so no one forgets about it.

I do think with it being a dynasty draft that we could get it done a little bit earlier than you would for a one season league as managing injuries is going to be kind of part and parcel of this thing. Also there will be IR slots for players who are out injured so you don't have to worry about dropping them or having them take up a roster spot.

In that case, let's crack on ;D

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
Please wait for pre season! Lest we forget the Andrew Luck bloodbath, arguably the worst thing to happen to OJ Simpson ever.
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
Please wait for pre season! Lest we forget the Andrew Luck bloodbath, arguably the worst thing to happen to OJ Simpson ever.

My thoughts as well. It's imo too early to start drafting.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

My thoughts as well. It's imo too early to start drafting.

Lads, no one is saying we need to do the draft early.  I am the one who drafted Luck in the A league.  So I am well aware of the pitfalls of drafting too early.

What I want to know is the draft order --- for me this involves some game theory, draft preparation, and some time to make trades and things unfold.

Because as you all know, if we went by the previous season (this being the first year and not able to), we would know our draft order already.

So, lets not lose focus here.   Draft later.  Draft Order early.  Capeche?

But I am totally on board with Carl's good idea to get everyone on board first --- engaged so we can make this a community of people who share many of the same goals
« Last Edit: May 29, 2020, 05:42:53 pm by Trendisdestiny »
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
Draft order is fine, I'm first because I'm always last in every draft.

The rest of you figure out the remaining 11 spots
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Draft order is fine, I'm first because I'm always last in every draft.

The rest of you figure out the remaining 11 spots

True story but wrong ending - you’ll get 6th and like it
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
It doesn't matter anyway. No matter what happens in the draft be prepared to be dominated from some clueless guy in Austria with his mighty Unicorns for the next few years... WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
It doesn't matter anyway. No matter what happens in the draft be prepared to be dominated from some clueless guy in Austria with his mighty Unicorns for the next few years... WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Marco is that you?

Unicorns do not exist mate --- should be called the horny horses or bucking broncos or something of that ilk

Draft order ---- please.
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Come on lads... lets get to chatting and making sure we are all in building this new community of Dynasty.

Then, we get the draft order....

Gerry
Classy
Mr F
Claus
DeFacto
Carl -RV
Stoa

Almost home...
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Half the lads who've signed up have hardly been on RAWK for months by the looks of it.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Half the lads who've signed up have hardly been on RAWK for months by the looks of it.

Gods Left Boot
Beav
Buck
Mikey

How about we each take 1 - check in etc

Spoken to Buck recently so he’ll be fine
Mikey/Beav/GLB

I’ll work on GLB!
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline Gods_Left_Boot

• Legacy Fan
Hi all sorry for not responding earlier, but I'm still definitely in for this.
September 12, 2012:Truth today, justice tomorrow.

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world.

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I know Beav is up for it, he's not that active on here but I speak to him on twitter a fair bit.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Buck is good to go as well.

I'll touch base with Mikey...
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Online Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
NFL season cannot come quickly enough. Give me all the fantasy.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
So we need to sort out communications and any issues with the scoring/rules preferences....

Communication
1. Sleeper App
2. Discord App
3. This thread

*** vibrant and frequent communication is a crucial part of developing a fun ethos in a start up league (because we will all experience sometimes where our team needs work, or we need to make a move etc.)
So, timely responses and clear understandings that even losing teams need to present (this game of dynasty is not about one season, one team or one person --- its about all of us creating something fun and long lasting).

If people have any concerns about behavior (ahem -- i.e. Trend's trash talk)  or a group vote that did not go your way please feel free to address these issue up front.  Its been my experience, each of you is a fair minded and reasoned individual.

See Carl if you are experiencing any difficulties with the apps, and if you are not using RAWK at the moment -- we should make this location the last resort for critical communication (as Mikey has stated previously) - Priority to the apps first.

Rules/Preferences/Scoring

Carl has discussed above the approach to the rules, scoring and preferences - to me the work he has done to now has been outstanding!

However, if you think there are places to discuss change or want to have some input --- now is your only chance for 2020 season - so think about it.   Defenses or Kickers not being rostered in this league.  Multiple options at flex positions etc...

Lastly, once we get final input or last say on these two issues -- we can move forward to getting the drafting order sorted.   Its not difficult to do, but I am sure Carl would like to make sure we are all engaged with preparation ideas before showing the word he got the 1st pick (McCaffrey) and it was done by purely random processes :)

All jokes aside, I would like to get going with preparations before work/family life starts to catch up by mid-Summer :)

Cheers lads...

Trends Tits will be my team name unless some of you have children and request a more modest team name.
« Last Edit: June 3, 2020, 08:55:58 pm by Trendisdestiny »
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Trend is right, if there's any rules people feel strongly about then it's better to bring them up now because once this gets started it's going to be difficult to get any rules changed down the line.

As far as I'm concerned I'd like to use the Sleeper App as the first step for communications. The chat is easy to use and there's the ability to DM other team owners for trade proposals. Also, everyone should have easy access to it as you all should now have the Sleeper App on your mobile devices.

RAWK is a good place to use as a last resort as it's where we all originated from I guess but I'm aware some owners are more active on here than others.

The discord group doesn't seem as active lately and also I'm pretty sure there's a few owners who aren't even involved in the group at all. I could set up a new one but it seems a bit pointless given the Sleeper App can do everything we need it to do.

I'm happy to go ahead and do the draft order as long as I know everyone who signed up is still up for it. I can even record me randomising it so none of you lot can whinge ;D

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Dynasty League By-Laws

Expected Owner Conduct:

All owners are expected to carry themselves in a respectful manner that would not harm other owners or the league in general. Bragging and “trash talk” is an expected and interesting part of the game, but should be handled in adult fashion. The commissioner will draw the line between comments made in good fun and inflammatory comments that could harm the good of the league. Violation of this could result in ejection from the league. At the end of the day, we’re all here to have fun so keep it light and NO personal insults.

Activity & Etiquette Rules:

Since this is a dynasty league, all owners are expected to be active in some fashion year round. Owners should respond to all trade offers in a timely manner, even if it is just a "no thanks". Nobody likes to be left with no reply, especially if another trade offer is awaiting a reply. This respect should be reciprocated to those receiving offers. If someone says "no", they are "busy", or "not interested in trading" at the time please respect those answers. If an owner is removed from the league for any violation of league rules or by his/her own choice, the commissioner will take charge of that team until a replacement owner is found and approved. The commissioner/co-commissioners will not perform any transactions on behalf of the abandoned team and the lineup will be entered based on optimal projections.

Tanking:

Tanking (referring to intentionally setting a poor lineup in order to get a better draft position), can be subjective and inherently difficult to police, but like pornography, you know it when you see it. Starting lineups should be submitted as complete and in the best interest of that team. This is not just for that team's win/loss ratio, but for their opponent's and the overall parity of the league. Handing out easy wins will not be allowed. If an owner is accused of not submitting its best lineup, the commissioner will make a ruling. If an owner is guilty of tanking, they will lose their draft position relative to the severity of the offence. Repeated offences may lead to ejection from the league. Inactivity may be interpreted as tanking and dealt with in the same manner. For clarity, this is different from teams "rebuilding" or trading away key assets for draft picks or players with potential, which is allowed. However, teams doing this will be expected to continue to set an optimal line up even if your roster is missing an RB/WR1 etc.

Trades:

All trades are final when accepted by both owners and have been executed on the league website. The trade deadline will occur at  Week 11 of the season. Off-season trading is allowed. Off-season trading can begin as early as directly after the real life Super Bowl. If an owner thinks a deal is potentially collusion; he has 48 hours to bring that to the attention of the commissioner. The commissioner will then make a decision regarding the validity of the trade. Owners are encouraged to post on the league chat in order to explain and discuss any recent trades.

Commissioner/Co-Commissioners:

Our goal is to have a fair, balanced league consisting of highly active and competitive owners. The commissioner will act in the best interest of the league at all times. The commissioner accepts the following responsibilities: Interpret and enforce rules. Settle all disputes between owners. Preside over draft and league set up. Removing the commissioner is a serious situation and should be considered a last resort. Should the need arise for the commissioner to be removed; 3/4 majority (8 votes) would be required.

Rule Changes:

Rule changes can be proposed at any time, by anyone. Rule changes will only be voted on during the off-season and must have a majority (7 votes) to pass. Rule change discussions will be discussed during the Pro-Bowl each year.

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
Re: NFL Fantasy Dynasty League (UPDATED WITH DRAFT ORDER & BY-LAWS)
« Reply #30 on: June 4, 2020, 09:13:46 am »
"Randomized"!

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Online Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: June 4, 2020, 09:14:30 am »
Behave yourself, Carl is a man of outstanding integrity. I definitely think Discord should be used for the regular NFL draft and Sleeper for the dynasty. Helps keep the chat seperate and when the season's up and running I think we'll see some people return to Discord. I don't think they'll want to wade through all our dynasty chat.
« Last Edit: June 4, 2020, 09:16:11 am by Gerry Attrick »

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: June 4, 2020, 09:27:49 am »
Behave yourself, Carl is a man of outstanding integrity. I definitely think Discord should be used for the regular NFL draft and Sleeper for the dynasty. Helps keep the chat seperate and when the season's up and running I think we'll see some people return to Discord. I don't think they'll want to wade through all our dynasty chat.

Agreed. No point setting up a new discord either as I think that may just cause more confusion.

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: June 4, 2020, 09:28:33 am »
"Randomized"!

I recorded myself randomising the draft so video evidence is available for anyone who doubts my integrity ;D

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: June 4, 2020, 11:28:58 am »
Randomly at 12th place :(

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: June 4, 2020, 11:35:58 am »

Think of it as getting to make 2 picks out of the first 13.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: June 4, 2020, 11:39:31 am »
Guys. Been mega busy. Not had chance to look at rules or anything but I'm in eventually.

Can someone PM me when we have a draft date/time agreed please

cheers

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: June 4, 2020, 11:59:15 am »
Guys. Been mega busy. Not had chance to look at rules or anything but I'm in eventually.

Can someone PM me when we have a draft date/time agreed please

cheers

No worries mate. We won't be doing the draft for a while yet.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: June 4, 2020, 01:46:11 pm »

Want the third pick?

Trend trades
2021 3rd round pick + 2020 #3 1st round pick  (3rd round next year + #3)

for

DeFacto trades
20210 1st round pick + #12 pick in the 2020 1st round (1st round next year + #12)

THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: June 4, 2020, 01:46:55 pm »
I recorded myself randomising the draft so video evidence is available for anyone who doubts my integrity ;D

Btw fantastic job organizing this - really.  Top drawer.
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN: