Author Topic: Places to BOYCOTT when things return to normal.  (Read 15944 times)

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Places to BOYCOTT when things return to normal.
« Reply #40 on: April 2, 2020, 09:38:13 am »
Some info on overdraft charges here: https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/saving/article-8173083/The-banks-heeded-call-halt-overdraft-charges.html

Santander

From April 6, customers with agreed overdrafts will not have to pay interest on the first £350 of borrowing for three months.

Santander also stopped charging credit card customers late payment and c­ash advance fees from March 30.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #41 on: April 2, 2020, 09:42:17 am »

Bad: British Airways - refusing refunds if flights still running even where UK passengers were banned from travelling.  Deliberately changed website to stop people on flexible bookings from cancelling and getting a refund.  They tried you to force you to call and wait in queues for several hours.

Yeah, I was lucky enough to get back into the country with them on the last flight home, and I appreciate the unprecedented nature of these times, but their customer service was pretty appalling. We spent our last five or six days of our time in Asia with no clue if we were getting home or not.

They're a crap airline, but you get what you pay for I guess.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: April 2, 2020, 10:02:23 am »
Good: Hilton - first major chain to offer no quibble immediate refund on non-cancellable bookings.

Bad: Most train companies refused refunds on Advance tickets for first two weeks.

Bad: British Airways - refusing refunds if flights still running even where UK passengers were banned from travelling.  Deliberately changed website to stop people on flexible bookings from cancelling and getting a refund.  They tried you to force you to call and wait in queues for several hours.

My experience with BA was different. I had a flight booked for NY at the end of last month and 2 weeks before departure I phoned and they told me they could offer a voucher of the same value but they said wait for them to officially cancel the flight as i would have more options.

Then I got a text when the flight was officially cancelled by them, I rung in and before I could even mention refund they offered me a full refund, which I got paid back.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #43 on: April 2, 2020, 10:05:46 am »
How far I advance do they let you reschedule do you know? I have a flight with BA booked in June, just to Belfast so hoping I can move it to at least October.

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
« Reply #44 on: April 2, 2020, 10:08:38 am »
This has to be the most hypocritical thread on the entire internet

I assume that people will throw their Apple stuff in the bin and boycott it in future for the way they treat their slave labour? Plus all the clothing and sports goods manufacturers and all the rest?

No?

Thought not.

Have you heard of the term 'going Trojan'?

Not the malware obviously  ;)

But using a company's own products to berate them, admonish them, shame them, disgrace them, embarrass them - ergo have an ipad/iphone and use it to show - besides what great engineers and innovators they are  ;) - how shitty they can be regarding the treatment of their employees, the manufacturing of their products, their ethics and their morals  :no

Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #45 on: April 2, 2020, 10:11:08 am »
Florida

Joe Lockhart@joelockhart
Governor DeSantis now says he'll take the 49 Floridians off the cruise ship sitting of his shores. He won't take the other 250 Americans or the 400 Canadians. So much for the country pulling together. Thanks for the national leadership @realDonaldTrump

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: April 2, 2020, 10:36:15 am »
How far I advance do they let you reschedule do you know? I have a flight with BA booked in June, just to Belfast so hoping I can move it to at least October.

12 months if I took the voucher offer.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #47 on: April 2, 2020, 11:18:26 am »
Deliveroo .

The twats won't give us sick pay but it's been in the media that they are trying to set up a platform for us to deliveroo food as a voluntary worker to the vulnerable. The voluntary stuff makes them look good.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/techcrunch.com/2020/03/18/deliveroo-riders-cant-access-coronavirus-hardship-fund-warns-union/amp/

Stuart ( Just Eat )

I sent them my sick note only to be told Iam Self Employed so ta ra on that one.

Santander.

Taking my last 30 quid for my overdraft fees . I called them days before saying can they freeze it. I was told they couldn't but I should phone them up once it's been taken and they ' may ' be able to reimburse me. I phoned their ' emergency coronavirus ' help line and was given a phone number for a financial company.

Threaten to report them to the Banking Ombudsman
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #48 on: April 2, 2020, 11:36:37 am »
Can we keep this for COVID-19 specific issues.  If you're just posting that you don't like a company in general or that your cousin's, brother's dog has heard that someone is a bit of a c*nt, it's going to descend into personal slagging.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Online kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #49 on: April 2, 2020, 02:54:22 pm »
Thanks for the info.
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Online Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: April 2, 2020, 02:59:24 pm »

Hopefully, they’re still in business. May be best to take a refund and rebook if and when back to normal I’m October.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #51 on: April 3, 2020, 04:09:51 am »
The most important lesson is that now, more than ever, private companies must be good citizens.

In the FT yesterday and I think it should apply to every business decision during the crisis.
Of course many companies will flounder as earnings fall but all companies should take into account their workers and the neighbourhods they operate in

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline ShakaHislop

• Shocktrooper of the Vinny Cable Nasties
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: April 4, 2020, 04:04:33 pm »
Thoughts on this?

Leaked Amazon Memo Details Plan to Smear Fired Warehouse Organizer: ‘He’s Not Smart or Articulate’

Leaked notes from an internal meeting of Amazon leadership obtained by VICE News reveal company executives discussed a plan to smear fired warehouse employee Christian Smalls, calling him “not smart or articulate” as part of a PR strategy to make him “the face of the entire union/organizing movement.”

“He’s not smart, or articulate, and to the extent the press wants to focus on us versus him, we will be in a much stronger PR position than simply explaining for the umpteenth time how we’re trying to protect workers,” wrote Amazon General Counsel David Zapolsky in notes from the meeting forwarded widely in the company.

The discussion took place at a daily meeting, which included CEO Jeff Bezos, to update each other on the coronavirus situation. Amazon SVP of Global Corporate Affairs Jay Carney described the purpose to CNN on Sunday: “We go over the update on what's happening around the world with our employees and with our customers and our businesses. We also spend a significant amount of time just brainstorming about what else we can do” about COVID-19.

Zapolsky’s notes also detailed Amazon’s efforts to buy millions of protective masks to protect its workers from the coronavirus, as well as an effort to begin producing and selling its own masks. So far, the company has secured at least 10 million masks for “our operations guys,” with 25 million more coming from a supplier in the next two weeks, Zapolsky wrote.

Amazon fired the warehouse worker Smalls on Monday, after he led a walkout of a number of employees at a Staten Island distribution warehouse. Amazon says he was fired for violating a company-imposed 14-day quarantine after he came into contact with an employee who tested positive for the coronavirus.

Smalls says the employee who tested positive came into contact with many other workers for longer periods of time before her test came back. He claims he was singled out after pleading with management to sanitize the warehouse and be more transparent about the number of workers who were sick.

Zapolsky’s notes from the meeting detail Amazon’s plan to deal with a wave of bad press and calls for investigations from elected officials following the firing of Smalls. They also show top Amazon brass wanted to make Smalls the focus of its narrative when questioned about worker safety.

“We should spend the first part of our response strongly laying out the case for why the organizer’s conduct was immoral, unacceptable, and arguably illegal, in detail, and only then follow with our usual talking points about worker safety,” Zapolsky wrote. “Make him the most interesting part of the story, and if possible make him the face of the entire union/organizing movement.”

They discussed encouraging Amazon executives to use Smalls to discredit the wider labor movement at Amazon. Employees at the warehouse, known as JFK8, launched an effort to unionize in 2018.

In his notes, Zapolsky wrote that there was “general agreement” on this point among the other attendees of the meeting. (Zapolsky’s notes also mention SVP of worldwide operations and customer service Dave Clark and SVP of human resources Beth Galetti.)

In a statement to VICE News, Zapolsky said his “comments were personal and emotional.”

“I was frustrated and upset that an Amazon employee would endanger the health and safety of other Amazonians by repeatedly returning to the premises after having been warned to quarantine himself after exposure to virus Covid-19,” he said. “I let my emotions draft my words and get the better of me.”

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/5dm8bx/leaked-amazon-memo-details-plan-to-smear-fired-warehouse-organizer-hes-not-smart-or-articulate

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: April 4, 2020, 11:53:19 pm »
LFC?

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #55 on: April 5, 2020, 12:01:17 am »
Wetherspoons
i boycotted them before the virus
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #56 on: April 5, 2020, 12:03:38 am »
If everyone is following the rules here, you absolutely have to boycott LFC when this is all done.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Only Me

• Insufferable twat. Brexiteer supreme.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: April 5, 2020, 12:29:01 am »
If everyone is following the rules here, you absolutely have to boycott LFC when this is all done.

100%

Shower of c*nts if the reports are correct. And if they are, cancel the fucking season - serve the money grabbing c*nts right.

Offline filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........
« Reply #58 on: April 5, 2020, 12:39:32 am »
I think what LFC is doing looks shit from a PR point of view, but I have no real issue with what I have read unless I am missing something, the main thing is all furloughed staff are getting 100% of their pay when furloughed, which is the right thing to do ethically.

Apart from that they are doing exactly what the furlough scheme is intended for, keeping people with their regulr income who basically don't have an job anymore and in this case potentially don't have a job for a while.

Its all very well to say the club is well off now but we are looking at a lockdown of up to 18 months, there is at least a possibility that we could see no or minimal football over that time, and as of now they still have potentially huge liabilities in terms of player salaries over that time period, so they are just doing what any financially well run company is doing in the circumstances, and protecting their balance sheet/cash.

I fully agree from a PR point of view it looks shit though, but there are many companies that will be shafting their employees completely during this crisis and Liverpool aren't doing that.
« Last Edit: April 5, 2020, 12:41:27 am by filopastry »

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: April 5, 2020, 12:52:20 am »
I fully agree from a PR point of view it looks shit though, but there are many companies that will be shafting their employees completely during this crisis and Liverpool aren't doing that.
No, we're shafting the taxpayer (and thus the NHS), instead.

There's no indication yet of how long this state will continue - in an 18 month lockdown, there'd be bigger problems than PL football and the government furlough scheme would have collapsed long before.

The bottom line is that 'complex' discussions are ongoing within the club and within the PL, about broader issues of players' pay, taxes, charitable donations, payment of non-playing staff, lower league teams, what happens if the season is annulled, etc.

So wait until those discussions are completed. At worst, you'd have to pay 200 x £2500 for another month. Half a million quid. We've just trashed the name of the club for half a million quid. For the wages of a Divock Origi or Xerdan Shaqiri. For a fraction of the pay cuts the club wants to get from the players.

Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.

Offline filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........
« Reply #60 on: April 5, 2020, 01:15:33 am »
And I'm sure the club will equally likely be shafted by the taxpayer by any CT and other tax increases which are likely in the post pandemic world, may as well get what they are going to be paying for.

They certainly aren't shafting the NHS at present, the funding for the fourloughing scheme will all be debt funded anyway and is going to be recovered through future tax rises.

To be honest as a proportion of the revenue hit they may well take the amount clubs claim through furloughing is likely insignificant compared to the larger employers who will be putting in massive claims.

The point of the whole scheme is to keep people in work who would otherwise be laid off as they have no work to do during the lockdown, that is going to be a massive number of people, and if you think what LFC are doing is bad you should have a read about some of the real rumoured scams doing the rounds.

I don't deny it looks bad, but it is very much within  the spirit of the scheme, as opposed to some of the other stunts being pulled.

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: April 5, 2020, 01:32:36 am »
It is not within the spirit. The spirit was to provide a lifeline to companies - large and small - which were immediately, critically impacted in terms of cashflow.

I'm furloughed (and not at 100%, or 80%, because I'm fortunate enough to - usually - earn a fair bit more than the cap). The company I work for suddenly has a negative income. Few bookings, hundreds of thousands of customer refunds; repatriation flights, system changes, business disruption and activation of business continuity contingencies. Still paying leases on grounded planes, already paid slot fees, empty hotels, office and retail space.

Liverpool FC has already received most of its income for the year - matchday income makes up about 20%, and there are only 4 home games remaining (less than 20%, all comps) - so less than 20% of 20%. We've furloughed 'about 200' staff - at a max of £2500 each per month from the government. Does half a million quid a month make any meaningful difference to the club? Really?

Major airlines and travel companies have cash reserves that would pay their staff (without the furlough scheme) for something between 6 weeks and 3 or 4 months, depending on the business. Not because they're struggling companies, but because they cannot operate and they have massively negative cashflow. Liverpool FC have received ~95% of their seasonal income, and are looking to offload less than 5% of their wage bill onto the taxpayer. Not similar. Not within the spirit.
Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.

Offline Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #62 on: April 5, 2020, 01:55:40 am »
It is not within the spirit. The spirit was to provide a lifeline to companies - large and small - which were immediately, critically impacted in terms of cashflow.

I'm furloughed (and not at 100%, or 80%, because I'm fortunate enough to - usually - earn a fair bit more than the cap). The company I work for suddenly has a negative income. Few bookings, hundreds of thousands of customer refunds; repatriation flights, system changes, business disruption and activation of business continuity contingencies. Still paying leases on grounded planes, already paid slot fees, empty hotels, office and retail space.

Liverpool FC has already received most of its income for the year - matchday income makes up about 20%, and there are only 4 home games remaining (less than 20%, all comps) - so less than 20% of 20%. We've furloughed 'about 200' staff - at a max of £2500 each per month from the government. Does half a million quid a month make any meaningful difference to the club? Really?

Major airlines and travel companies have cash reserves that would pay their staff (without the furlough scheme) for something between 6 weeks and 3 or 4 months, depending on the business. Not because they're struggling companies, but because they cannot operate and they have massively negative cashflow. Liverpool FC have received ~95% of their seasonal income, and are looking to offload less than 5% of their wage bill onto the taxpayer. Not similar. Not within the spirit.

Quite.

This has hit me hard I have to admit. I can put up with all the inconvenience of lockdown, the fact I can’t go fishing, or spend Easter with my daughter and granddaughters.

But LFC is such a huge part of my life. I let the fact that “This means more” was a crass form of misplaced exceptionalism, as was the ticket pricing fiasco in the past, pass me by.

But this is beyond the pale, and has damaged my personal relationship with LFC in a very personal way.
« Last Edit: April 5, 2020, 01:57:51 am by Robinred »
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: April 5, 2020, 02:02:30 am »
Quite.

This has hit me hard I have to admit. I can put up with all the inconvenience of lockdown, the fact I can’t go fishing, or spend Easter with my daughter and granddaughters.

But LFC is such a huge part of my life. I let the fact that “This means more” was a crass form of misplaced exceptionalism, as was the ticket pricing fiasco in the past, pass me by.

But this is beyond the pale, and has damaged my personal relationship in a very personal way.
Exactly. I'm fucking livid. Not simply rationally or intellectually - I was shaking with anger earlier. I don't think I was ever so annoyed with something the club did even under H&G. It's just wrong; and the fact that my club has done it is sickening.

Online Lee1-6Liv

• Daddy Discord
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: April 5, 2020, 03:35:02 am »
It’s sickening and what’s worse is people trying to defend them. The fans, the players and the club will take the hit while fgs save a couple of million. This means more my arse.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: April 5, 2020, 04:27:19 am »
Much that we hate Barca and Juve, both clubs players have agreed to significant pay cuts of up to 70% to ensure their clubs employees get 100% of their normal pay.

And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: April 5, 2020, 05:41:01 am »
Much that we hate Barca and Juve, both clubs players have agreed to significant pay cuts of up to 70% to ensure their clubs employees get 100% of their normal pay.

Not really true that though.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: April 5, 2020, 05:48:54 am »
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: April 5, 2020, 10:52:58 am »
Not really true that though.
Forget about Barcelona - Leeds United players and coaching staff have taken a wage deferral to ensure all non-playing staff continue to be paid. Leeds United. Decided it and announced it over a week ago.

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK's very own spinached up Popeye. Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #69 on: April 5, 2020, 11:32:51 am »
Exactly. I'm fucking livid. Not simply rationally or intellectually - I was shaking with anger earlier. I don't think I was ever so annoyed with something the club did even under H&G. It's just wrong; and the fact that my club has done it is sickening.

I do agree, it's really not a good thing for the club to have done, especially when we are apparently so wealthy.

It's not as if the probable staff affected are earning star footballer wages so it's unlikely to be that big of a proportion of any financial hit on the books.

Here's hoping they seriously reconsider this shameful idea and as you say above, perhaps instead follow the example of Leeds.
I don't do polite so fuck yoursalf with your stupid accusations...

Right you fuckwit I will show you why you are talking out of your fat arse...

Mutton Geoff (Obviously a real nice guy)

Online BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #70 on: April 5, 2020, 11:54:08 am »
The world is broken, who knew?

Offline Only Me

• Insufferable twat. Brexiteer supreme.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: April 5, 2020, 11:55:40 am »

Agree with all that mate, except it’s not your club, it’s theirs.

For a long time, there’s been an FSG wankfest on here - how they’re great, responsible owners. Our billionaires are so much better than those other, horrid billionaires at the Manchester clubs, or Chelsea.

But every so often, the PR mask slips, and they show themselves for the greedy twats they truly are.

Remember the mass walk out? This is just the same kind of thing. Money first, money second and money third.

I’ll bet they came up with “This means more” when they were looking at their fucking wallets.

If they don’t sort this, I’ll actively join the clamour for a null and void season. It would serve the greedy twats right.

But even if they do sort it, they’ll have only done so because of the backlash. Not out of any sense of it being the right thing to do. Damage is done.

Offline Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #72 on: April 5, 2020, 12:13:51 pm »
Clamouring to void the season?!!!  Talk about cutting your nose off to spite your face.  That long awaited league title is for us, the fans.  We'll still be here long after FSG have sold up.
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline Mr Benn please?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • 123456789 Benn
« Reply #73 on: April 5, 2020, 01:45:49 pm »
Waitrose. Have just been speaking to my dad and apparently they are refusing to deliver food to his sister who is 86 years old and housebound after several strokes and who has been an online shopping customer for about 15 years.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: April 5, 2020, 01:47:12 pm »
Waitrose. Have just been speaking to my dad and apparently they are refusing to deliver food to his sister who is 86 years old and housebound after several strokes and who has been an online shopping customer for about 15 years.
any reason why?

Offline Mr Benn please?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • 123456789 Benn
« Reply #75 on: April 5, 2020, 02:40:02 pm »
any reason why?
Well my dad says it's because they are prioritising deliveries for people officially categorised as being vulnerable (i.e on the Govt's official list so not allowed to leave their home). That's obviously fair enough but there should be exceptions for someone like my aunt who is literally unable to leave her house at present. She has had several strokes and confined to a wheelchair but people with conditions like hers aren't on the official list.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: April 5, 2020, 02:47:01 pm »
Well my dad says it's because they are prioritising deliveries for people officially categorised as being vulnerable (i.e on the Govt's official list so not allowed to leave their home). That's obviously fair enough but there should be exceptions for someone like my aunt who is literally unable to leave her house at present. She has had several strokes and confined to a wheelchair but people with conditions like hers aren't on the official list.
strange that, especially as I’d assume they know her age

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: April 5, 2020, 02:52:36 pm »

Waitrose are still doing normal deliveries to customers (John Lewis staff have been switched to Waitrose activities and they're trying to increase delivery capacity). It sounds like your aunt may have been unable to get a prioritised delivery slot, or someone's got the wrong end of the stick. I'd try and get to talk to someone at head office if there is an urgent need.

Offline Mr Benn please?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • 123456789 Benn
« Reply #78 on: April 5, 2020, 03:34:25 pm »
strange that, especially as I’d assume they know her age
Yeah. I obviously don't know the full story, maybe there's a shortage of drivers where she lives or some other reason. My dad's just registered with Sainsbury's who said  they'd prioritise him because of his age and because he's got diabetes. You'd think other supermarkets would do something similar. My aunt should be ok because she's got family nearby who can drop shopping off for her but it does seem a bit rubbish from Waitrose.

Offline Mr Benn please?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • 123456789 Benn
« Reply #79 on: April 5, 2020, 03:37:22 pm »
Waitrose are still doing normal deliveries to customers (John Lewis staff have been switched to Waitrose activities and they're trying to increase delivery capacity). It sounds like your aunt may have been unable to get a prioritised delivery slot, or someone's got the wrong end of the stick. I'd try and get to talk to someone at head office if there is an urgent need.
Yeah, thanks, I've heard that too. My cousins are following it up with Waitrose.