Author Topic: Has anyone got COVID-19 or suspect they do?  (Read 31794 times)

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Red Skeleton

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Has anyone got COVID-19 or suspect they do?
« Reply #81 on: March 17, 2020, 01:22:52 pm »
On exercising I think its important to not do too much.  I ride a bike most days and I'm usually worn out afterwards.  I imagine that being worn out means that your immune system is weaker at that time.  I'm going to ride about 2/3rds of what I normally do so that I have something left in the tank to fight this bug.

My wife came home with a sore throat yesterday.  She's been holed up in the bedroom ever since.  No other symptoms and so far only one reported case for our county (Buncombe, North Carolina), so she probably doesn't have it.

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #82 on: March 17, 2020, 01:45:55 pm »
On exercising I think its important to not do too much.  I ride a bike most days and I'm usually worn out afterwards.  I imagine that being worn out means that your immune system is weaker at that time.  I'm going to ride about 2/3rds of what I normally do so that I have something left in the tank to fight this bug.

My wife came home with a sore throat yesterday.  She's been holed up in the bedroom ever since.  No other symptoms and so far only one reported case for our county (Buncombe, North Carolina), so she probably doesn't have it.
Hiya mate.

You ride a bike most days and are worn out afterwards and now are going to cut the distance down by a 1/3rd.

What distance is your average bike ride?

Offline Red Skeleton

• Main Stander
« Reply #83 on: March 17, 2020, 02:10:36 pm »
Hi Paul, I often ride for about two hours.  Sometimes I ride on the road and sometimes mountain biking and cover about twice the distance on the road.  I live in the mountains and that effectively means slower average times depending on how much climbing I do.  So time is more of an indicator than distance but on the road I go maybe 25 miles and on the mountain bike about half that.  If I hike I reckon on about 1 mph because of the terrain.

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #84 on: March 17, 2020, 02:23:27 pm »
Went for a run yesterday and a run this lunchtime.

Only did 4k loop by mine today but it felt so good to get out and get some fresh air. I think I am going to try and make an effort and get out once a day if I am still showing no symptoms and I'm not self-isolating. I feel re-focused for my afternoon's work.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #85 on: March 17, 2020, 08:01:17 pm »
Went for a run yesterday and a run this lunchtime.

Only did 4k loop by mine today but it felt so good to get out and get some fresh air. I think I am going to try and make an effort and get out once a day if I am still showing no symptoms and I'm not self-isolating. I feel re-focused for my afternoon's work.

Good idea.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #86 on: March 17, 2020, 09:39:10 pm »

in Asheville perhaps ?

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #87 on: March 18, 2020, 10:16:49 am »
A few old remedies here..

https://streamable.com/hugkd
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline stevo7

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • Direct Action Now
« Reply #88 on: March 18, 2020, 10:36:03 am »

Sound. loved that. to quote myself from last week.

Can I recommend Lemsip, Honey and a dash of Whisky.

Also Hot water, Ginger and a dash of Whisky.

Or Hot Vimto and a dash of Whisky.

Offline AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #89 on: March 18, 2020, 11:05:45 am »

Most fun I’ve had in ages watching that. Will be off down the shops later to see if the goose grease has sold out already.

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: March 18, 2020, 02:20:54 pm »
My Dentist has it or at least has the symptoms and is self isolating for 14 days.   I had an appointment for this morning and it's been rescheduled for mid April.   

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #91 on: March 18, 2020, 02:30:27 pm »
GF come down with symptoms & is heading home from work. That'll be me for 14 days now.

Given she is a teacher I'm amazed it's taken this long, they're dropping like flies.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: March 18, 2020, 04:17:01 pm »
Been asked to self isolate for 14 days. Feel like death, got a high fever, chesty cough, weak body the lot. Runny nose which isn't a symptom of COVID so that's a silver lining

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: March 18, 2020, 04:32:22 pm »
Been asked to self isolate for 14 days. Feel like death, got a high fever, chesty cough, weak body the lot. Runny nose which isn't a symptom of COVID so that's a silver lining

Look into her eyes deeply, give her a long kiss, and whisper "My love for you overcomes all. We shall go through this together, come what may, " etc etc.

As long as you don't die, no chores / housework for a year at least. Result.

A bit late to say I wasn't entirely serious ...

Nah, keep us updated, get better soon.

Offline Red Skeleton

• Main Stander
« Reply #94 on: March 18, 2020, 04:32:52 pm »
in Asheville perhaps ?

Pretty close.  Black Mountain, 17 miles east of Asheville.  Great place but a football backwater.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: March 18, 2020, 04:45:08 pm »
A bit late to say I wasn't entirely serious ...

Nah, keep us updated, get better soon.
Got a smile out of me anyway ;)

Cheers, hope it clears soon. Not a good feeling at all

Offline King Kenny 7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: March 19, 2020, 01:37:46 am »

Sound. loved that. to quote myself from last week.

Can I recommend Lemsip, Honey and a dash of Whisky.

Also Hot water, Ginger and a dash of Whisky.

Or Hot Vimto and a dash of Whisky.

Have a history of sore throats and my GP 30 years ago told me to heat a measure of Whiskey (35ml) in a glass in the microwave for 25 secs then add a teaspoon (rounded) of honey, a teaspoon (level) of lemon/lime juice with 8 cloves and heat again for 20 seconds and spoon sip it before bed with two paracetamol.

It works well to bust colds and flu's and helps with swollen glands and tonsillitis.

He was adamant about avoiding Lemsip.

Offline King Kenny 7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: March 19, 2020, 01:41:00 am »

Hang in there fella and wishin the best for ya!   :thumbup

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #98 on: March 19, 2020, 04:09:47 am »
Depends on the curfew. In Spain you're not allowed to even go for a run:

http://www.surinenglish.com/local/202003/15/walk-common-questions-answered-20200315134340.html?fbclid=IwAR27m1cjh0cvnC5UGG_bHgnZKiCtT3MQ1fAsB5pnL3GL0lxWzpCwVHzhz3o
Christ, that just....feels wrong. I can understand all the reasoning behind it, and that it is for people's own good, but viscerally it just doesn't compute. I just feel like going against it on principle.

I guess that's a consequence of living all your life in a liberal political and cultural context, where free thinking, self-determination and anti-authoritarianism are valorised and celebrated in art and culture.

Really hoping it doesn't come to that here
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #99 on: March 19, 2020, 05:46:04 am »
Feel sorry for everyone who has got this and I wish all a speedy and full recovery,  however, the amount of work shy  bare minimum wankets out there who are now sell isolating, because they coughed once in the last half an hour, feel warm and have phoned 111 who have said self isolate, though the poor get on the end of the line is going to say that anyway - is a fucking joke.

In times like these, you see the true metel and character of people and their will to achieve and succeed, and it shows, we're fucked.

Well done those small band of people who selflessly looking out for others like the sick, the elderly or lonely -  the rest, the rest can fuck oright off the work shy, stay at home,  Brexit voting tory lazy bastards.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: March 19, 2020, 06:52:04 am »
Feel sorry for everyone who has got this and I wish all a speedy and full recovery,  however, the amount of work shy  bare minimum wankets out there who are now sell isolating, because they coughed once in the last half an hour, feel warm and have phoned 111 who have said self isolate, though the poor get on the end of the line is going to say that anyway - is a fucking joke.

In times like these, you see the true metel and character of people and their will to achieve and succeed, and it shows, we're fucked.

Well done those small band of people who selflessly looking out for others like the sick, the elderly or lonely -  the rest, the rest can fuck oright off the work shy, stay at home,  Brexit voting tory lazy bastards.

I was in a taxi last week and the driver told me about a few passengers he’d had who said they were gonna use the self isolation as time off. The thing is, they’ll have the time off now, be back in work during the peak and may catch it anyway as they haven’t actually had it and won’t have any immunity.

On the flip side, someone came to work with a persistent cough last week and had everyone on tenterhooks, especially the guy who was recovering from cancer, which was pointed out and she didn’t come in the next day.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #101 on: March 19, 2020, 09:11:09 am »
I'm curious to know if anyone knows anyone who has had it and fully recovered yet?
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: March 19, 2020, 09:40:53 am »
Hi Paul, I often ride for about two hours.  Sometimes I ride on the road and sometimes mountain biking and cover about twice the distance on the road.  I live in the mountains and that effectively means slower average times depending on how much climbing I do.  So time is more of an indicator than distance but on the road I go maybe 25 miles and on the mountain bike about half that.  If I hike I reckon on about 1 mph because of the terrain.
Hiya mate,  if riding your bike has got you worn out then I would suggest either slowing down or cutting the distances you cycle.  I wouldn't give a stuff about the times, in fact I wouldn't even bother using the Garmin (presuming you have one) and as for the KOM's, forget it unless you are a full kit wanker   ;D

As well as my 2 bikes I have a rather good exercise/spinning bike and jump on that a couple of times a day and I am seriously interested in purchasing myself a set of rollers (see the link) so I can ride my real bikes in the garrage if they decide to ban me going out and putting some miles in.

https://wiki.ezvid.com/best-bike-rollers

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: March 19, 2020, 09:42:32 am »

Aye, well you're always going to get the fucking shirkers.   :(

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: March 19, 2020, 10:48:50 am »
I'm curious to know if anyone knows anyone who has had it and fully recovered yet?

We don't even know if people have had it or not, that is the big issue and until they start testing, we'll never know.

Just been on a Webex, there are 3 in the office right now and 6 of us at home, as we are doing a day home/day office split. We are split into two teams, 5 in one team and 4 in ours.

However, out of that from the other team we have a Junior developer who had a temp last week so we had to send her home, I'm a first aider so I came close to her, but I feel fine. We've another who came back from Pakistan and is coughing, so he's gone into self isolation, their boss said he felt rough at the start of the webex but fine by the end.

Of us 4, we all feel fine, I've had my usual cough that I get every year, no temperature or anything, everyone else is great.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105 on: March 19, 2020, 10:57:44 am »

Ah the good old protestant work ethic.

::)
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #106 on: March 19, 2020, 11:11:50 am »

It was only a matter of time a post like this came along  ::)

Good old British bulldog spirit!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: March 19, 2020, 12:24:33 pm »
I see some conflicting stuff about going outdoors to exercise alone - either a run or a walk. Is this still safe/OK to do?

I see so many people on the frontline, especially NHS workers, posting about staying home and staying indoors. Is that just for people who are still going out and socialising and mingling unnecessarily, or should I be heeding that advice and doing some HIIT exercise or something indoors? Sorry if this is a stupid question.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: March 19, 2020, 12:38:43 pm »
I see some conflicting stuff about going outdoors to exercise alone - either a run or a walk. Is this still safe/OK to do?

I see so many people on the frontline, especially NHS workers, posting about staying home and staying indoors. Is that just for people who are still going out and socialising and mingling unnecessarily, or should I be heeding that advice and doing some HIIT exercise or something indoors? Sorry if this is a stupid question.
if you keep your distance it’s fine, have seen some stuff with going to the gym and quite a few docs saying it’s ok as long as you wash your hands before and after, use sanitiser on the equipment before and after etc (and to be honest the supermarkets are far worse right now than most gyms off peak or going for a run as everyone is in everyone’s face touching everything)
« Last Edit: March 19, 2020, 12:42:39 pm by Lush is the best medicine... »

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: March 19, 2020, 12:47:54 pm »
The first person in Liverpool to be admitted to hospital on about 1st March hasn't fully recovered. They still have the odd bad day. That's as a hospital case though, others will have had a mild version which as others have said can't be confirmed because they haven't been tested.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #110 on: March 19, 2020, 01:25:57 pm »

It was only a matter of time a post like this came along  ::)

Good old British bulldog spirit!
It's CHOPPER - can you not smell the woosh?

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: March 19, 2020, 02:01:56 pm »
It's CHOPPER - can you not smell the woosh?

"Smell it! SMELL MY WHOOSH!!"
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Red Skeleton

• Main Stander
« Reply #112 on: March 19, 2020, 05:15:08 pm »
Hiya mate,  if riding your bike has got you worn out then I would suggest either slowing down or cutting the distances you cycle.  I wouldn't give a stuff about the times, in fact I wouldn't even bother using the Garmin (presuming you have one) and as for the KOM's, forget it unless you are a full kit wanker   ;D

As well as my 2 bikes I have a rather good exercise/spinning bike and jump on that a couple of times a day and I am seriously interested in purchasing myself a set of rollers (see the link) so I can ride my real bikes in the garrage if they decide to ban me going out and putting some miles in.

https://wiki.ezvid.com/best-bike-rollers

Hi Paul. I never worry about times and things like that.  The point I was trying to make is that I think it would probably be better to reduce exercise a little bit because if you get worn out then your immune system is probably not at its strongest.  I'm basically just taking it a bit easier.

I'm lucky enough to live where there are a lot of mountain bike trails and good places to ride on the road.  There has been no mention of having to stay at home yet - an advantage of living in the country.

I used to have rollers but got bored with them and gave them away.  They're good for improving form but don't offer much of a training benefit because the resistance is too low.  I don't use a trainer either because I think they don't offer enough variation in position and therefore don't spread the load between muscle groups very well.

I'm sorry if this is a thread hijack.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #113 on: March 19, 2020, 06:05:40 pm »
I'm sorry if this is a thread hijack.

Might technically be a thread hijack, but it's inspiring me to dig my bikes out of the garage... :thumbup
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #114 on: March 20, 2020, 09:22:54 am »
On Thursday, the chief executive of British Cycling, Julie Harrington, wrote to the health secretary, Matt Hancock, urging ministers to add cycling to their list of recommended activities during the outbreak.

Earlier this week, a group of nearly 50 academics and experts on public health and transport wrote an open letter to the government, urging ministers to not discourage walking and cycling amid the pandemic, noting their vital importance in the wider public health issue of combating inactivity.

During any lockdown, “all of our existing social and health risks do not simply go away”, they wrote.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/bike-blog/2020/mar/20/why-not-encourage-cycling-during-the-coronavirus-lockdown

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #115 on: March 20, 2020, 09:43:11 pm »
My wifes cousin was diagnosed with it and is just getting over it now.
He reckons he caught it at the Atletico away game.
He then went to our home game and started feeling unwell the day after.
He felt really rough for 4 days and phoned 111. They came out, tested him, and 36 hours later he was confirmed with the virus.
He felt rough for the next 3 days, but is now feeling well enough to start posting on Facebook again.
Once he realised he might have the virus he self isolated before he called 111.
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #116 on: March 20, 2020, 10:27:56 pm »

Yes. My sister in law and her husband have had it.
They were tested on March 10th and they were informed on March 11th
They caught it in Italy where they were the week before.
He was quite unwell, with a high fever. He is very fit (runs marathons) and was unable to eat for a week.
She was not so bad, but still quite unwell with a fever.
They are both now much better and are eating but still weak.
Their  son lives nearby and was shopping for them.
They are both PhD chemists - so not daft - and isolated themselves as soon as they got back from Italy. The test was done in their regional drive through centre in the UK.
Sorry for the long post but I think it’s interesting information
They have been told they are safe to go out 7 days after they feel well
They will not be tested again
They were patients 9 and 10 in their region

« Last Edit: March 21, 2020, 12:34:39 am by kavah »

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #117 on: March 21, 2020, 12:06:45 am »
Sounds like they were all quite lucky, above. In the sense that they didn’t need hospital care. Never had flu so can’t begin to imagine being wiped out like that.

What would people define as a persistent cough?

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #118 on: March 21, 2020, 10:51:39 pm »
Is it possible I may have had the virus in December?

Had all the symptoms looking back, out for crimbo bevvy (chokka) fri 20th Dec & went down on Boxing day & bedridden for nearly a week.
Defo wasn't the ale..

Edit: First known case mid November..a possibility.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2020, 11:05:19 pm by Medellin »
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline McrRed

• Member of International Hill Climbers Group. Only gets happy endings at Christmas.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In the town where I was born
« Reply #119 on: March 22, 2020, 08:43:23 am »
Is it possible I may have had the virus in December?

Had all the symptoms looking back, out for crimbo bevvy (chokka) fri 20th Dec & went down on Boxing day & bedridden for nearly a week.
Defo wasn't the ale..

Edit: First known case mid November..a possibility.
We've been thinking this a bit. Persistent cough and fever. But definitely not as bad as the flu (which I had in my twenties and can still remember!). So, a flu variant perhaps & some wishful thinking? The lack of transmission is what says it's not covid-19...