Author Topic: FA Cup 4th Round replay selling details  (Read 19056 times)

Offline carl123uk

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • @CarlLFC5
Re: FA Cup 4th Round replay selling details
« Reply #160 on: February 5, 2020, 09:13:52 am »
Problem is there only being 9 days between the first match and the replay some people knew straight away they couldn't go and I was one of them. When you sign up for the ACS 8 months previous you don't know when the games will be played

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA, Chester via Newtownards
« Reply #161 on: February 5, 2020, 09:36:08 am »
Problem is there only being 9 days between the first match and the replay some people knew straight away they couldn't go and I was one of them. When you sign up for the ACS 8 months previous you don't know when the games will be played
FA Cup weekends are set out before you join

Offline CONFIAMOS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #162 on: February 5, 2020, 09:49:48 am »
Probably more empty seats due to the fact the M62 was closed westbound at 7&8. The M6 and 58 were down to 2 lanes and the tunnel was blocked.

Just a thought

Offline Tame_Impala

• You wanna know why I always think I’m right?
  • Main Stander
  • I'll tell you why...
« Reply #163 on: February 5, 2020, 09:55:23 am »
Good cup tie there tonight, disappointed with the amount of empty seats I was able to pick out from the lower Kenny, talking chucks in the upper main, all those people with a credit and now a chance at Wembley but didn’t bother to show up, not impressed

Tonnes above you too. Clocked loads in the upper kenny from the main stand, seen a few blocks of 5-6 seats all next to each other empty

guessing they'd belong to groups on the ACS who didn't fancy it
« Last Edit: February 5, 2020, 10:03:20 am by Tame_Impala »

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #164 on: February 5, 2020, 09:56:29 am »
Tonnes above you too. Clocked loads of in the upper kenny from the main stand, seen a few blocks of 5-6 seats all next to each other empty

yeah imagined that would be the case, seat beside me was empty so bit of extra leg room wasn’t bad though

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #165 on: February 5, 2020, 09:57:09 am »
Probably more empty seats due to the fact the M62 was closed westbound at 7&8. The M6 and 58 were down to 2 lanes and the tunnel was blocked.

Just a thought
you’d hope so but I have my doubts

Offline nickyd186

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #166 on: February 5, 2020, 10:10:16 am »
Took us over 2 hours to get over from chester. Don't think we can use the travel excuse to be honest the amount of tickets being offered on twitter for less than fv or for free was rediculous
What we achieve in life, echos in eternity

Offline Tame_Impala

• Main Stander
  • I'll tell you why...
« Reply #167 on: February 5, 2020, 10:17:50 am »
Irish couple got on the same 26 as me at L1. Not sure if they made the journey over (could just be students of course), fair play to them if they did though

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #168 on: February 5, 2020, 10:22:51 am »

Just a thought

All Shrewsbury's managed to get there in the end though

Offline matt_lfc

• Kopite
« Reply #169 on: February 5, 2020, 10:31:45 am »
FA Cup weekends are set out before you join

It was a Tuesday night replay and only agreed last Wed 29th Jan that it would be played on Tues 4th Feb at less than 6 days notice.

Online ChrisLFCKOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #170 on: February 5, 2020, 11:01:37 am »
All Shrewsbury's managed to get there in the end though

Yeah but they will have set out with plenty of time, how many within an hour will set off 2hours before kick off?

Its not black and white.  There will be a good percentage that couldn't be bothered but there will be a few with good reasons for being unable to attend.

Offline MacKon

• Main Stander
  • FOOTBALL WITHOUT ORIGI IS NOTHING
« Reply #171 on: February 5, 2020, 11:32:58 am »
Many of the empty seats could have been unsold touts. It's far easier for the bastards to sell out at league games.
Good thing about pizza is that even when it's bad, it's still reasonably good.

Offline Tame_Impala

• Main Stander
  • I'll tell you why...
« Reply #172 on: February 5, 2020, 11:56:51 am »
Many of the empty seats could have been unsold touts. It's far easier for the bastards to sell out at league games.

Reckon the touts would have even bothered for this?

Seemed easy enough to pick up a spare for FV or even for free in some cases

Offline MacKon

• Main Stander
« Reply #173 on: February 5, 2020, 12:09:33 pm »
Reckon the touts would have even bothered for this?

Seemed easy enough to pick up a spare for FV or even for free in some cases

Yes, of course yes. Saw one with a dozen or so tickets, advertising them on a fb group at 50 quids each. Now it's off to the club if they do something or not, I have emailed them and asked a few mates to do the same thing.

Offline SouthDerryLaggo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Enjoy these times
« Reply #174 on: February 5, 2020, 12:49:21 pm »
I still don't get why the credit can't be taken away if the card isn't scanned? We must have the technology in place to do that and it would stop all those empty seats as people would only buy if they could go! Away games would be a bit harder to manage with this due to the paper tickets but certainly at Anfield, if the card isn't scanned, you don't get a credit!
Much easier and it would open up more seats to those that can only make a one off game as the seats wouldn't be taken by people that have no intention of going
exactly this. like we can do it in Ireland for gaa games in some rough stadiums. Sometimes even names are crossed off a list (potential way round the away games paper tickets). If your card doesn't scan you shouldn't get a credit.
YNWA

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #175 on: February 5, 2020, 12:53:44 pm »
It was a Tuesday night replay and only agreed last Wed 29th Jan that it would be played on Tues 4th Feb at less than 6 days notice.
And again you know the dates when you sign up the ACS

Offline Tame_Impala

• Main Stander
  • I'll tell you why...
« Reply #176 on: February 5, 2020, 12:58:06 pm »
Yes, of course yes. Saw one with a dozen or so tickets, advertising them on a fb group at 50 quids each. Now it's off to the club if they do something or not, I have emailed them and asked a few mates to do the same thing.

Fucking hell, dunno who's worse - The tout who's hoovering up tickets for a cut price game that was an opportunity to get more kids into the ground, or the bellend who's willing to pay 50 nicker to watch the reserves

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #177 on: February 5, 2020, 01:28:37 pm »
And again you know the dates when you sign up the ACS

You don't know which specific day of the week it's going to be, just like with the bulk sales. You don't even know if we'll get drawn home or away! Or you could still think you could go and then work intervenes late on. Life isn't always that smooth unfortunately. You don't not sign up to the ACS just in case one of the rounds we're drawn away but then scrape a draw and then the replay is not a night you can make.

I was able to go but one of my colleagues couldn't unless it was the Weds game. Loads of the usual ACS around me were absent, but it was nice to see loads of mums and dads with little kids there taking their places.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #178 on: February 5, 2020, 01:31:47 pm »
You don't know which specific day of the week it's going to be, just like with the bulk sales. You don't even know if we'll get drawn home or away! Or you could still think you could go and then work intervenes late on. Life isn't always that smooth unfortunately. You don't not sign up to the ACS just in case one of the rounds we're drawn away but then scrape a draw and then the replay is not a night you can make.

I was able to go but one of my colleagues couldn't unless it was the Weds game. Loads of the usual ACS around me were absent, but it was nice to see loads of mums and dads with little kids there taking their places.
I agree life can always have a say and the ACS doesn’t allow for that, it’s just a convenient life intervenes for some people when it’s U23 v Shrewsbury. Doesn’t help that all homes give you a chance at Wembley semi and final whether you show or not

Offline sharkeyb

• Would pay to see a Mason's willy, but not more than £35.
  • Legacy Fan
  • He's on the floor
« Reply #179 on: February 5, 2020, 02:02:00 pm »
. Doesn’t help that all homes give you a chance at Wembley semi and final whether you show or not

not sure why you seem to have an issue with an empty seat and assuming its an ACS seat.

and empty seat is an empty seat regardless.

The ACS is brilliant and you seem to have a been in your bonnet against it for some reason.  People are on it because they've built up the loyalty, and fair play to them.
Sir, the cash monies?

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #180 on: February 5, 2020, 02:20:15 pm »
not sure why you seem to have an issue with an empty seat and assuming its an ACS seat.

and empty seat is an empty seat regardless.

The ACS is brilliant and you seem to have a been in your bonnet against it for some reason.  People are on it because they've built up the loyalty, and fair play to them.
well a lot of the seats in general are ACS so it’s fair to assume this. I have no issue and actually support the ACS, as I am on it too. But I also know it has flaws

Offline MacKon

• Main Stander
« Reply #181 on: February 5, 2020, 04:23:24 pm »
Fucking hell, dunno who's worse - The tout who's hoovering up tickets for a cut price game that was an opportunity to get more kids into the ground, or the bellend who's willing to pay 50 nicker to watch the reserves

Those 'bellends' are still genuine LFC fans afterall. They are just desperate to see the team they love. I'm not one to judge them and if my bank account wasn't constantly screaming for mercy, maybe I would be paying some odd amounts for the tickets too? I don't really know. So it's pretty obvious who's worse.
Those fans will never report the tout to the club as they still have a feeling that he's actually doing them a favour, no matter how much they have to pay for it.

Offline Tame_Impala

• Main Stander
  • I'll tell you why...
« Reply #182 on: February 6, 2020, 09:28:42 am »
Those 'bellends' are still genuine LFC fans afterall. They are just desperate to see the team they love. I'm not one to judge them and if my bank account wasn't constantly screaming for mercy, maybe I would be paying some odd amounts for the tickets too? I don't really know. So it's pretty obvious who's worse.
Those fans will never report the tout to the club as they still have a feeling that he's actually doing them a favour, no matter how much they have to pay for it.

Obviously the tout is worse I was just making a point.

Was loads of FV spares knocking about for this all over social media, many people even offering tickets out for free. If you've somehow bypassed all of those and ended up paying 50 quid to a tout then I'm sorry but you're an absolute clown
« Last Edit: February 6, 2020, 09:46:24 am by Tame_Impala »