Author Topic: Next European Away?  (Read 61982 times)

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA, Chester via Newtownards
Re: Next European Away?
« Reply #560 on: April 13, 2022, 05:56:25 pm »
I don’t remember seeing that part, so if that’s correct I stand corrected. Does anyone know if any of the earlier games. I.e AC Milan backwards to the group games, had the same ?
they all had that exact same message

Offline russmills10

• Main Stander
  • Kopite
« Reply #561 on: April 13, 2022, 10:45:17 pm »
Had flights to paris sorted months ago as was already going there but need a good journey back (preferably to near london)- any good routes? Seen Limoges (4 hr journey from paris) to Leeds is £14.99 
« Last Edit: April 13, 2022, 10:47:46 pm by russmills10 »

Offline Barry Banana

• because johnster was a rubbish username?...
  • Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #562 on: April 14, 2022, 12:50:33 am »
Game being on Tuesday sound. Had an early flight back Thursday morning and getting back to Valencia after match was looking a struggle.
Long live the King

Offline scouser100000

• Kemlynite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #563 on: April 14, 2022, 01:12:13 am »
Fixture details for Liverpool’s Champions League semi-final against Villarreal have been confirmed.

The Reds will host Unai Emery’s team at Anfield in the first leg on Wednesday April 27, before travelling to Estadio de la Ceramica for the second leg on Tuesday May 3.

Both matches will kick off at 8pm BST and ticket details will be announced on Liverpoolfc.com in due course.

Offline thechulloran

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #564 on: April 14, 2022, 01:54:39 am »
does anyone know how to get from Valencia to Villareal ?

just booked my ryan air flights
"Blackstone was targeted by Internet terrorists" - Tom Hicks

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #565 on: April 14, 2022, 03:54:24 am »

The train is your best option
Quote from: Harvest Fields
i watched the chelsea game at my sisters. her 12 year old son is severly autistic and i forgot myself and jumped up screaming at the goal and he went nuts. screaming and shouting. scared the fuck out of me. apologised to my sister as i thought id upset him, turns out he was joining in.

Offline redandwhitekuyt

• Main Stander
  • YNWA
« Reply #566 on: April 14, 2022, 04:29:11 am »

Hope you got an okay price from Ryanair.. They're proper wronguns, my flights were £25 to start with, rose to £35 in my basket.
Mate bought his shortly after for £80.
Now they are £200.

40 miles in a taxi from the airport so should be twice as quick as the train but i imagine could be up to 100 Euro. Depends how many of you are splitting it I suppose...

Offline Barry Banana

• Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #567 on: April 14, 2022, 06:40:06 am »

Hope you got an okay price from Ryanair.. They're proper wronguns, my flights were £25 to start with, rose to £35 in my basket.
Mate bought his shortly after for £80.
Now they are £200.

40 miles in a taxi from the airport so should be twice as quick as the train but i imagine could be up to 100 Euro. Depends how many of you are splitting it I suppose...

It’s a fiver on the train.
Long live the King

Offline NickoH

• Has to fart in private to avoid offending the posh guys and gals in the Marketing Dept
  • Legacy Fan
  • Speak softly love so no one hears us but the sky
« Reply #568 on: April 14, 2022, 08:06:56 am »
I've got 3 out of these 4:
Atletico Madrid
FC Salzburg
KRC Genk
SSC Napoli

What's my chances do you think for Villarreal?
I clutch the wire fence until my fingers bleed,
A wound that will not heal, a heart that cannot feel.
Hoping that the horror will recede,
Hoping that tomorrow we'll all be freed.........JUSTICE.

Online tasmichkata

• Anny Roader
« Reply #569 on: April 14, 2022, 08:14:57 am »
Qualify on the guaranteed sale.

Offline Tiz Lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #570 on: April 14, 2022, 08:44:49 am »

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #571 on: April 14, 2022, 10:12:35 am »
I've got 3 out of these 4:
Atletico Madrid
FC Salzburg
KRC Genk
SSC Napoli

What's my chances do you think for Villarreal?
Assuming the same allocation as last time, 2062, you’ll be fine as Salzburg was the 2nd lowest allocation @ 1520.
Quote from: Harvest Fields
i watched the chelsea game at my sisters. her 12 year old son is severly autistic and i forgot myself and jumped up screaming at the goal and he went nuts. screaming and shouting. scared the fuck out of me. apologised to my sister as i thought id upset him, turns out he was joining in.

Offline Levitz

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #572 on: April 14, 2022, 11:44:33 am »
This is what was published for Atalanta this season

https://media.atalanta.it/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/Away-fans-Villarreal-Atalanta.pdf

However they did only put 645 on sale

https://www.atalanta.it/en/news/ucl-villarreal-atalanta-away-sector/

I think the "exlusive' part of the stadium on that suggests 2062, as discussed earlier would be difficult to split it
Liverpool ist Rad!

Offline Max100

• Main Stander
« Reply #573 on: April 14, 2022, 12:17:01 pm »
2062 will all but guarantee 2 from 19/20

Offline NickoH

• Has to fart in private to avoid offending the posh guys and gals in the Marketing Dept
  • Legacy Fan
  • Speak softly love so no one hears us but the sky
« Reply #574 on: April 14, 2022, 12:48:16 pm »
Assuming the same allocation as last time, 2062, you’ll be fine as Salzburg was the 2nd lowest allocation @ 1520.

Sound mate 👍
I clutch the wire fence until my fingers bleed,
A wound that will not heal, a heart that cannot feel.
Hoping that the horror will recede,
Hoping that tomorrow we'll all be freed.........JUSTICE.

Offline kevlumley

• Legacy Fan
  • Forza Liverpool
« Reply #575 on: April 14, 2022, 05:17:42 pm »
This is wha I understand. In the Europa we got 2062. You can actually find that on a search engine. From best of my memory, there were not all 2000+ in that away end. It was busy, but I'm sure it wasn't the full allocation. So whether some bought for loyalty, some didn't make it, the Police stopped some getting in, I can't remember. Coukd have been all of that.

I also can't find the 1100 Bayern rumour,  but if on twitter, OK. I believe there around that number unrestricted view. It was never a great view, behind perspex, but most coukd see the game. I never did Barca, so can't say it's the same, maybe others could comment. But we supported the team,  even Alberto 😁

I think they try to sell all the 1100-1200 unrestricted first. So if ins in, then we might get 2000.

Its a tiny ground, but this is a UCL semi and Villlareal are definitely there on merit.

Hopefully all that want in, get in. It's Spain, its a semi, its an unbelievable season and it will be brilliant.

Offline redandwhitekuyt

• Main Stander
  • YNWA
« Reply #576 on: April 14, 2022, 07:43:18 pm »
It’s a fiver on the train.

Correct, thats what i have done, but the limited train times don't suit all the flights back from Valencia so some of our group were looking at taxi price for ease and speed too.

Car hire from Valencia airport was coming in around £60 for 24 hours which wasn't too bad either

Offline jdirckze

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #577 on: April 14, 2022, 09:24:41 pm »
Spain requires 270 days since your last jab... itll be 272 days for me on 3rd may  ::)
if you get a booster you'll be fine no time restrictions associated with that

Offline Barry Banana

• Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #578 on: April 15, 2022, 01:38:49 pm »
ideally they'd be put in the ballot just as part of the overall allocation

UEFA requires that they’re given to most loyal supporters “i.e. longest-serving season ticket-holders, those who attended most away games, etc.”.

They need a way to pick out 5000 people. Even if they went back to Barca it wouldn’t cover it.
Long live the King

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #579 on: April 15, 2022, 02:08:37 pm »
UEFA requires that they’re given to most loyal supporters “i.e. longest-serving season ticket-holders, those who attended most away games, etc.”.

They need a way to pick out 5000 people. Even if they went back to Barca it wouldn’t cover it.
well most of those people would be guaranteed with aways or in the ballot anyway so they shouldn't have to enter it then,

Offline Barry Banana

• Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #580 on: April 15, 2022, 02:40:39 pm »
well most of those people would be guaranteed with aways or in the ballot anyway so they shouldn't have to enter it then,

My point was that the free tickets unlikely to go into the ballot. So they need a way of selecting 5K people.
Long live the King

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #581 on: April 15, 2022, 02:44:18 pm »
My point was that the free tickets unlikely to go into the ballot. So they need a way of selecting 5K people.
giving our ticket office that kind of power, good luck

Offline redandwhitekuyt

• Main Stander
  • YNWA
« Reply #582 on: April 15, 2022, 04:43:01 pm »
“UEFA President Aleksander Čeferin today announced that fans of the participating teams at this year's club competition finals will be offered a substantial number of free tickets for these showcase games to reward them for their support for European football during the COVID crisis”

1. A hint that it’s related to people who travelled through covid.

“Each of the finalist clubs will be able to use these tickets to reward their most loyal supporters (i.e. longest-serving season ticket-holders, those who attended most away games, etc.), but these tickets cannot be given to sponsors, partners or club officials.“

2. It then suggests long serving fans

It’s going to be down to club how they want to do it. Probably say that the fans who are guaranteed a ticket will get it free. Any free tickets left will be given to the order they come out in the ballot until the 5k are exhausted.

Offline red number 9

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
  • Moses said "come forth" but we came first
« Reply #583 on: April 15, 2022, 07:04:41 pm »
I'd probably fall into the first 5000 guaranteed tickets but personally if we reach the final,  I feel the club should use the value of 5k free tickets to subsidise the full allocation.

Let's say it's hypothetically 5000 @ £60ea = £300k, it would reduce price by £15 a ticket based on a 20k allocation.

Whether UEFA would allow them to, or the club could sort themselves out to make it work is another story but feel it would be the fairest approach and drive least argument/resentment amongst the fan base.

I'm sure the club have subsidised tickets before, perhaps when purposely overcharging away fans at a European game to make a point to the opponents having fleeced us in the return leg.  Pretty sure they used the excess to reduce prices for the away leg.  Think United did the same.

Offline Tommypig

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #584 on: April 28, 2022, 01:44:25 pm »
I'd probably fall into the first 5000 guaranteed tickets but personally if we reach the final,  I feel the club should use the value of 5k free tickets to subsidise the full allocation.

Let's say it's hypothetically 5000 @ £60ea = £300k, it would reduce price by £15 a ticket based on a 20k allocation.

Whether UEFA would allow them to, or the club could sort themselves out to make it work is another story but feel it would be the fairest approach and drive least argument/resentment amongst the fan base.

I'm sure the club have subsidised tickets before, perhaps when purposely overcharging away fans at a European game to make a point to the opponents having fleeced us in the return leg.  Pretty sure they used the excess to reduce prices for the away leg.  Think United did the same.

the idea is great but UEFA will want the free tickets publicity that they will get by just giving them away Im assuming they will all be Cat 4's

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #585 on: April 29, 2022, 12:11:03 pm »
“UEFA President Aleksander Čeferin today announced that fans of the participating teams at this year's club competition finals will be offered a substantial number of free tickets for these showcase games to reward them for their support for European football during the COVID crisis”

1. A hint that it’s related to people who travelled through covid.

“Each of the finalist clubs will be able to use these tickets to reward their most loyal supporters (i.e. longest-serving season ticket-holders, those who attended most away games, etc.), but these tickets cannot be given to sponsors, partners or club officials.“

2. It then suggests long serving fans

It’s going to be down to club how they want to do it. Probably say that the fans who are guaranteed a ticket will get it free. Any free tickets left will be given to the order they come out in the ballot until the 5k are exhausted.

I don't think it's intentions are to specifically reward people who travelled through Covid - it's about continuing to support football even when things were locked down etc.
YNWA.

Offline sonofkenny

• Kopite
« Reply #586 on: April 29, 2022, 12:17:05 pm »
The Club pushed UEFA to be able to subsidise ticket prices instead of giving 5000 away for free.  The Club has won I believe and most supporters will be getting slightly cheaper tickets now.

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #587 on: April 29, 2022, 12:52:35 pm »
So now just dear not extortionate ::)
We are a team of one half.