Author Topic: China - a Fascist State  (Read 75392 times)

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
Re: China - a Fascist State
« Reply #200 on: February 25, 2021, 12:22:21 pm »
Rather than have your world view as the only one, and any other being worthy only of a witty aside, have you ever tried looking at things that are alien to you? For instance, you've spoken before about Socrates and the beginnings of western ethics. Have you looked at other aspects of ancient Greek society that we can barely understand today?

No, I've never looked at things which are alien to me.  ::)

I'm not denying that the culture of the Chinese Communist party is alien to me, or that there are competing systems of ethics. I'm making no great claims beyond this: mass murder and genocide have no moral sanction. Somebody, somewhere, at sometime may have made a moral case for genocide. But I know in advance that such a case would be worthless.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #201 on: February 25, 2021, 03:02:17 pm »
No, I've never looked at things which are alien to me.  ::)

I'm not denying that the culture of the Chinese Communist party is alien to me, or that there are competing systems of ethics. I'm making no great claims beyond this: mass murder and genocide have no moral sanction. Somebody, somewhere, at sometime may have made a moral case for genocide. But I know in advance that such a case would be worthless.

No one is making the case for genocide and mass murder, despite your claiming that someone is. However, I'm suggesting that you're aiming at the wrong areas. There's other stuff the Chinese government gets up to that may well affect you more directly. By lashing out at stuff that you're comfortable with lashing out at, you're missing more directly relevant points.

For instance, how comfortable are you with the suggestion that Frottage's xenophobia may have more relevance wrt China than your instinctive targeting of genocide and mass murder? Not that he's right in his conclusion. But he's looking closer at the right target than you are.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #202 on: February 25, 2021, 03:05:27 pm »
No one is making the case for genocide and mass murder, despite your claiming that someone is.

The Chinese Communist party is. Have you not been following what's happening to the Uighurs?
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Sangria

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #203 on: February 25, 2021, 03:11:36 pm »
The Chinese Communist party is. Have you not been following what's happening to the Uighurs?

What do you expect the UK to do about it? There's stuff the Chinese government is doing which the UK government can do much more about. And which the UK left should be more aware of.
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline Yorkykopite

• RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #204 on: February 25, 2021, 03:19:26 pm »
What do you expect the UK to do about it?

The first thing they should do is emulate the Canadian parliament and call for a boycott of the Winter Olympics. If a general boycott by the democracies doesn't work the UK should unilaterally refuse to send a team. With Canada and possibly the USA opting out that would be a start.

I also hope that we would listen to the Chinese dissidents and think again about how we trade with China. But I haven't studied this and can give you no technical suggestions. My main concern is that China's Fascism is more widely understood across the globe and that the Chinese Communist party is no longer allowed easy propaganda victories. This is not the time for casuistry and narrowly scholastic arguments about 'different systems of ethics' etc etc. It's about recognising our common humanity with the Uighurs and the fact that China has actually signed up to the UN Convention on Genocide.

There was a superb article by Perry Link (who knows a lot about China) in the NYRB a couple of issues back. (About why Chinese dissidents, liberal to a fault, were favouring Trump).
« Last Edit: February 25, 2021, 03:22:13 pm by Yorkykopite »

Offline Sangria

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #205 on: February 25, 2021, 03:34:03 pm »
The first thing they should do is emulate the Canadian parliament and call for a boycott of the Winter Olympics. If a general boycott by the democracies doesn't work the UK should unilaterally refuse to send a team. With Canada and possibly the USA opting out that would be a start.

I also hope that we would listen to the Chinese dissidents and think again about how we trade with China. But I haven't studied this and can give you no technical suggestions. My main concern is that China's Fascism is more widely understood across the globe and that the Chinese Communist party is no longer allowed easy propaganda victories. This is not the time for casuistry and narrowly scholastic arguments about 'different systems of ethics' etc etc. It's about recognising our common humanity with the Uighurs and the fact that China has actually signed up to the UN Convention on Genocide.

There was a superb article by Perry Link (who knows a lot about China) in the NYRB a couple of issues back. (About why Chinese dissidents, liberal to a fault, were favouring Trump).

See how much support that kind of call to action gets. My guess is next to zero, especially given how we've already separated ourselves from Europe, and will be feeling its effects in a short while.

Let me point you to Frottage's recent attempt to rile up xenophobic hatred, this time at the Chinese, by saying that Chinese are buying up nurseries and whatnot. An outrageous piece of racism, right? Yes, but it also looks at something that we should be concerned with, that directly affects us.

How much do you know of China's neocolonialism? Do you understand the strength and extent of family ties in Chinese culture? Did you know that the Chinese government are trying to leverage the Chinese diaspora?

Let me direct you to Orwell's writings about international Communism, and its relationship with the British left. The practice is pretty similar, but instead of international Communism, read Chinese nationalism, and instead of the USSR, read China. Just as not all the left were beholden to the USSR back in the day, so not all Chinese are loyal to China. But the Chinese government is trying to build that relationship, and that is probably their most direct threat to us here in the UK.
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

Offline Yorkykopite

• RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #206 on: February 25, 2021, 03:41:38 pm »
See how much support that kind of call to action gets. My guess is next to zero, especially given how we've already separated ourselves from Europe, and will be feeling its effects in a short while.

Let me point you to Frottage's recent attempt to rile up xenophobic hatred, this time at the Chinese, by saying that Chinese are buying up nurseries and whatnot. An outrageous piece of racism, right? Yes, but it also looks at something that we should be concerned with, that directly affects us.

How much do you know of China's neocolonialism? Do you understand the strength and extent of family ties in Chinese culture? Did you know that the Chinese government are trying to leverage the Chinese diaspora?

Let me direct you to Orwell's writings about international Communism, and its relationship with the British left. The practice is pretty similar, but instead of international Communism, read Chinese nationalism, and instead of the USSR, read China. Just as not all the left were beholden to the USSR back in the day, so not all Chinese are loyal to China. But the Chinese government is trying to build that relationship, and that is probably their most direct threat to us here in the UK.

Europe actually might be more amenable to a North American boycott than the UK.

I am actually familiar with the two things you mentioned. The diaspora is an amazing phenomenon and a unique resource for the reasons you hint at. As for Chinese colonialism, I've been bellyaching about this one and off for years.

And thank you "directing me" to Orwell's writings. I'll check them out. Who is he?

Offline Sangria

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #207 on: February 25, 2021, 03:45:14 pm »
Europe actually might be more amenable to a North American boycott than the UK.

I am actually familiar with the two things you mentioned. The diaspora is an amazing phenomenon and a unique resource for the reasons you hint at. As for Chinese colonialism, I've been bellyaching about this one and off for years.

And thank you "directing me" to Orwell's writings. I'll check them out. Who is he?

Did you know that the Chinese government have been directly giving money to the Chinese diaspora, no conditions attached? What effect do you think this will have?
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #208 on: February 25, 2021, 03:59:32 pm »
Quote from:    Chinese government have been directly giving money to the Chinese diaspora, no conditions attached? What effect do you think this will have?
[/quote

So the Chinese chippy is now a nest of Fifth Columnists?

So we’re all racist now, Ted? :D

Offline Sangria

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #209 on: February 25, 2021, 04:09:35 pm »
[quote author=   Chinese government have been directly giving money to the Chinese diaspora, no conditions attached? What effect do you think this will have?

So the Chinese chippy is now a nest of Fifth Columnists?

So we’re all racist now, Ted? :D

The Chinese government would like it to be. That's my point. It doesn't mean that Chinese diaspora are fifth columnists. But the Chinese government are laying the groundwork. Our response to that should be of more concern to us than making a protest over Xinjiang. It doesn't have to be combative or even confrontational. But simply recognising what is happening, rather than deciding the battle that we're comfortable with and staking out one's position there, would be a start.
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

Offline Yorkykopite

• RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #210 on: February 26, 2021, 11:22:12 am »
The Chinese government would like it to be. That's my point. It doesn't mean that Chinese diaspora are fifth columnists. But the Chinese government are laying the groundwork. Our response to that should be of more concern to us than making a protest over Xinjiang.

If you do know what's going on with the Uighurs I can only describe that as trivialisation of genocide. You're in good company though. From the Holocaust itself to Rwanda and beyond the stock response to genocide - as it is unfolding - is to shrug one's shoulders and move the conversation along to something else. This happens so frequently that it's a phenomenon in itself.

In the case of the Uighurs it probably doesn't help their case that they are Muslims - and the wrong sort of Muslims at that. There's also something in your suggestion that China gets a free pass from some on the Left (though even more on the Right). I wouldn't compare this, in scale or intensity of devotion, to what happened with the western left and the Soviet Union in the 1930s, but I know for sure that if the offenders were Israel and not China then the fate of the Uighurs (which is a hundred times worse than what is currently happening to the Palestinians) would be far better known and far better publicised.   

Anyway, although these things move slowly, they do move. The Dutch parliament took an important step yesterday:

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2021/2/26/dutch-parliament-says-chinas-treatment-of-uighurs-is-genocide

Offline Sangria

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #211 on: February 26, 2021, 01:06:08 pm »
If you do know what's going on with the Uighurs I can only describe that as trivialisation of genocide. You're in good company though. From the Holocaust itself to Rwanda and beyond the stock response to genocide - as it is unfolding - is to shrug one's shoulders and move the conversation along to something else. This happens so frequently that it's a phenomenon in itself.

In the case of the Uighurs it probably doesn't help their case that they are Muslims - and the wrong sort of Muslims at that. There's also something in your suggestion that China gets a free pass from some on the Left (though even more on the Right). I wouldn't compare this, in scale or intensity of devotion, to what happened with the western left and the Soviet Union in the 1930s, but I know for sure that if the offenders were Israel and not China then the fate of the Uighurs (which is a hundred times worse than what is currently happening to the Palestinians) would be far better known and far better publicised.   

Anyway, although these things move slowly, they do move. The Dutch parliament took an important step yesterday:

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2021/2/26/dutch-parliament-says-chinas-treatment-of-uighurs-is-genocide

Would you like to look at the points I've raised as well? I've pointed you before to Orwell's writings on international Communism, which you took offence at as presuming that you'd never heard of him. Of course you have. My point on Orwell is that you're not taking in his points about international Communism despite having read him. Or if you have, you're not understanding how it applies to how China is doing things.
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

Offline Yorkykopite

• RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #212 on: February 26, 2021, 01:48:47 pm »
Would you like to look at the points I've raised as well? I've pointed you before to Orwell's writings on international Communism, which you took offence at as presuming that you'd never heard of him. Of course you have. My point on Orwell is that you're not taking in his points about international Communism despite having read him. Or if you have, you're not understanding how it applies to how China is doing things.

You'd better explain what you mean instead of having me try and guess.

Are you talking about the fellow-travelling phenomenon? The use of state propaganda? The internal repression? If it's the first, then I confess (again) that I don't see that much of a parallel with what Orwell wrote about regarding the appeal of communism to gullible western intellectuals between 1936 and 1947. I'd have thought that the reason people don't like to discuss the current genocide has more to do with Big Business than sympathetic Lefties - plus a bit of low intensity racism ("the Uighurs don't count"). Certainly I don't know who the Chinese equivalent of Willi Muenzenberg is, or what Chinese 'Front' organisations are operating in the West to create a phalanx of influential left-wing supporters. Or what the equivalent of Kingsley Martin's New Statesman or Victor Gollancz's Left Book Club would be. Please tell.

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #213 on: February 26, 2021, 02:03:19 pm »
I've never read Orwell. He is, however, on my list.

China presents a monumental conundrum to the globe, as we move on into the future.  They will shortly overtake the US as the biggest economy in the world.  As previously stated, they have gotten rich off the back of our thirst for rampant consumerism.

They are currently causing massive humanitarian and environmental destruction.

Ideally, I'd like to see countries pull out all their investment and manufacturing there, but that wont happen.

We could well be heading towards another cold war scenario.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #214 on: March 9, 2021, 12:17:17 pm »
I've never read Orwell. He is, however, on my list.

China presents a monumental conundrum to the globe, as we move on into the future.  They will shortly overtake the US as the biggest economy in the world.  As previously stated, they have gotten rich off the back of our thirst for rampant consumerism.

Ideally, I'd like to see countries pull out all their investment and manufacturing there, but that wont happen.

We could well be heading towards another cold war scenario.

The CCP and Chinese Corporations (effectively one and the same) have been buying up assets all over the world. One eye on investment potential, one eye on strategic control aims.

A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Sangria

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #215 on: March 9, 2021, 12:32:00 pm »
The CCP and Chinese Corporations (effectively one and the same) have been buying up assets all over the world. One eye on investment potential, one eye on strategic control aims.

That's why it's important and urgent to move towards local economies and supporting SMEs. It contributes towards greening the economy. It give local communities a greater share of their local economy. And it helps safeguard against foreign control of our economy.
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

Offline Yorkykopite

• RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #216 on: March 10, 2021, 09:40:50 am »
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/china-guilty-of-genocide-over-uighurs-international-lawyers-say-in-report-z5n7b5lcx

China’s campaign of persecution against its Uighur ethnic minority has violated every article in the UN genocide convention, a landmark independent review has found.

The report by more than 50 international law experts, which runs to 25,000 pages, is the first legal non-governmental examination of a swelling body of evidence over Beijing’s treatment of the Uighurs in Xinjiang province. It adds that the government under President Xi bears responsibility for an “ongoing genocide”.

Under the UN Genocide Convention, a party can be found to commit genocide if they carry out any of five acts, including murder, displacement and birth suppression, with “the intent to destroy, in whole or in part, a national, ethnical, racial or religious group”.

Offline newworldorderA

• Kemlynite
« Reply #217 on: March 10, 2021, 10:00:01 am »

Unlike the noble West which after a 100 years of industrialization and pollution still can't reduce their per capita emission levels (highest in the world) or pay reparations to the Global South but point fingers at China  ::)

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/china-guilty-of-genocide-over-uighurs-international-lawyers-say-in-report-z5n7b5lcx

China’s campaign of persecution against its Uighur ethnic minority has violated every article in the UN genocide convention, a landmark independent review has found.

The report by more than 50 international law experts, which runs to 25,000 pages, is the first legal non-governmental examination of a swelling body of evidence over Beijing’s treatment of the Uighurs in Xinjiang province. It adds that the government under President Xi bears responsibility for an “ongoing genocide”.

Under the UN Genocide Convention, a party can be found to commit genocide if they carry out any of five acts, including murder, displacement and birth suppression, with “the intent to destroy, in whole or in part, a national, ethnical, racial or religious group”.

This is hilarious. So the nations that bombed Muslim countries back to the stone age are now suddenly concerned about Muslim rights?

Let's look at what Muslim countries are actually saying shall we?

https://thediplomat.com/2020/10/2020-edition-which-countries-are-for-or-against-chinas-xinjiang-policies/

The source is also interesting. "Non-partisan" and "Experts" they say?

The Newlines Institute for Strategy and Policy (formerly the Center for Global Policy) is a nonpartisan think tank in Washington D.C., working to enhance U.S. foreign policy based on a deep understanding of the geopolitics of the different regions of the world and their value systems.

Managing editor literally works for the CIA

https://imgur.com/a/WSDrSFC

And what is with this bloke Adrian Zenz that Western media are so desperately pushing? Dude is seriously creepy.

Adrian Zenz is a Christian fundamentalist who says he's "led by God" to destroy the CPC. Furthermore, he's a Senior Fellow for the "Victims of Communism Foundation", which was created by the US-Congress to spread anti-communism and has been heavily criticized for extreme bias and horrible, intellectually bankrupt scholarship (such as counting dead Nazi soldiers as "victims" of Communism, and adding them to the supposed "body count" of communism).

Offline Yorkykopite

• RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Re: China - a Fascist State
« Reply #218 on: March 10, 2021, 10:07:30 am »
Oh-Oh.

Why are Chinese Communist Party trolls so obvious? They're about as subtle as their Fascist paymasters.

Offline newworldorderA

• Kemlynite
« Reply #219 on: March 10, 2021, 10:11:15 am »
CCP troll? My country literally went to war with them...

EDIT : But then that is the playbook for failed liberals. Deflect and project when their "reasoning" has no basis in reality

Offline Yorkykopite

• RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #220 on: March 10, 2021, 10:13:49 am »
That makes you a Quisling as well.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #221 on: March 10, 2021, 11:42:28 am »

And what is with this bloke Adrian Zenz that Western media are so desperately pushing? Dude is seriously creepy.

Adrian Zenz is a Christian fundamentalist who says he's "led by God" to destroy the CPC. Furthermore, he's a Senior Fellow for the "Victims of Communism Foundation", which was created by the US-Congress to spread anti-communism and has been heavily criticized for extreme bias and horrible, intellectually bankrupt scholarship (such as counting dead Nazi soldiers as "victims" of Communism, and adding them to the supposed "body count" of communism).

China isn't 'communist'. More a kind of State-Crony-Capitalism.

The CCP is like the board of directors of the holding company. They have direct subsidiary companies, but most of their corporate group is like a franchise operation, with the franchises only allowed to be operated by friends, family, allies, etc.

The sham veneer of 'communism' is there to keep the plebs in line, to keep believing they're working for some greater good, when all it's doing is creating the sort of nepotistic financial elite that the whole Revolution sought to eradicate.
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Yorkykopite

• RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #222 on: March 10, 2021, 12:12:52 pm »

The CCP is like the board of directors of the holding company. They have direct subsidiary companies, but most of their corporate group is like a franchise operation, with the franchises only allowed to be operated by friends, family, allies, etc.

The sham veneer of 'communism' is there to keep the plebs in line, to keep believing they're working for some greater good, when all it's doing is creating the sort of nepotistic financial elite that the whole Revolution sought to eradicate.

That's sort of true. The Chinese economy is certainly hyper-capitalist and capitalist values have percolated every pore of Chinese society. Communism was tried of course in the 1950s and 1960s and - just as in Russia - it proved to be one of the greatest human calamities of all time.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #223 on: March 10, 2021, 12:14:01 pm »
That's sort of true. The Chinese economy is certainly hyper-capitalist and capitalist values have percolated every pore of Chinese society. Communism was tried of course in the 1950s and 1960s and - just as in Russia - it proved to be one of the greatest human calamities of all time.

the human race is not yet evolved enough for communism

Offline newworldorderA

• Kemlynite
« Reply #224 on: March 10, 2021, 12:33:02 pm »

With all due respect I appreciate the fact that you are more open minded than the masses buying American propaganda brainlessly but I think this analysis is simplistic.

Xi has re-asserted state control of the private sector but he's also scaled back the patronage system. A "contradiction" if you will but nevertheless an important distinction and quite brilliant if he manages to pull it off

This isn't Dengs era but even lee kuan yew noted back then that they were merely adopting capitalism to increase productive forces and hadn't  abandoned their goal of Marxist Leninism with a Maoist tinge

Might I suggest xi : the governance of China where he apparently addresses the "false narrative" of China abandoning the red path. I believe it has been translated into English by the CCP themselves and I am waiting for my copy:)
« Last Edit: March 10, 2021, 12:34:42 pm by newworldorderA »

Offline Yorkykopite

• RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #225 on: March 10, 2021, 01:22:24 pm »

the human race is not yet evolved enough for communism

Or capitalism for that matter. This is the trouble with utopian systems like communism and free-market capitalism. Their proponents - Adam Smith, Karl Marx - sincerely believe that if only human beings behaved the way they should do, their systems would run smoothly and beautifully and everyone would be happy.

Offline Yorkykopite

• RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #226 on: March 10, 2021, 01:23:19 pm »
With all due respect I appreciate the fact that you are more open minded than the masses buying American propaganda brainlessly but I think this analysis is simplistic.

Xi has re-asserted state control of the private sector but he's also scaled back the patronage system. A "contradiction" if you will but nevertheless an important distinction and quite brilliant if he manages to pull it off

This isn't Dengs era but even lee kuan yew noted back then that they were merely adopting capitalism to increase productive forces and hadn't  abandoned their goal of Marxist Leninism with a Maoist tinge

Might I suggest xi : the governance of China where he apparently addresses the "false narrative" of China abandoning the red path. I believe it has been translated into English by the CCP themselves and I am waiting for my copy:)

You mentioned Degen there. Was he hard done by, do you think?

Offline Sangria

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #227 on: March 10, 2021, 02:55:58 pm »

It doesn't matter if you have a black cat or a white cat, as long as it has Carragher yelling at it to get into position.
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #228 on: March 10, 2021, 03:01:46 pm »
Or capitalism for that matter. This is the trouble with utopian systems like communism and free-market capitalism. Their proponents - Adam Smith, Karl Marx - sincerely believe that if only human beings behaved the way they should do, their systems would run smoothly and beautifully and everyone would be happy.

I think free-market capitalism is the embodiment of unfettered human instincts related to greed and hoarding that were necessary before we evolved from wild animals, but still very present in our psyches.

Communism (as per the writings of Marx) is a clumsy way of trying to frame a path to more altruistic transcending of such instincts in order to allow everyone to share the benefits of productive output.

But then, if not everyone subscribes to the 'sharing fairly' principle, it will fail as a socio-economic model.

Also, we will always start from a position of there being in place a financial elite, who will generally actively oppose any moves to strip them of their privilege, and willing to expend a chunk of their wealth to fight to preserve the status quo, manifesting itself as a counter-revolutionary force.

As we've seen in numerous cases, the response by the revolutionaries has been to impose totalitarianism and oppression in order to block the counter-revolution. Initially noble ideals are cast aside in the name of preserving the revolution. The irony is that such oppression merely fosters antipathy amongst the people the revolution was supposed to benefit.

In many ways, the Cold War was won by the 'capitalists' when the Imperial countries of Europe plus the US armed, funded and even joined the counter-revolutionary White Army, triggering the sort of totalitarian oppression and subjugation of the Russian people that was never part of Marx's manifesto and never part of the plans of most of the Revolutionaries. When Stalin beat Trotsky to succeed Lenin, the mutation of what should have been an emancipating social revolution into a hellishly oppressive totalitarian dystopia was complete.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #229 on: March 10, 2021, 03:49:33 pm »
Oh-Oh.

Why are Chinese Communist Party trolls so obvious? They're about as subtle as their Fascist paymasters.

You would have thought they'd at least pretend to have an interest in soccerball before they/he return to drag this thread down.

Offline Yorkykopite

• RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #230 on: March 10, 2021, 03:52:46 pm »
You would have thought they'd at least pretend to have an interest in soccerball before they/he return to drag this thread down.

I think he was about to post his favourite eleven.

Or maybe he was just talking about Xi.

Offline newworldorderA

• Kemlynite
« Reply #231 on: March 10, 2021, 06:13:55 pm »

Terrible player, glad Arbeloa came when he did. Thought Liverpool missed a mark in not signing Sun Jihai.

Aurelio has to be one of the wasted talents at full back as well. Also, I never understood Jack Robinson not making the cut sadly

But you see as China woke up and realized there is no way an island nation of less than 60 million people should have a monopoly on the top echleons of soccer we too realized it was time to roll up our own sleeves and build home grown structures. The road is long but we will get there

https://wildeastfootball.net/2016/02/read-chinese-footballs-50-point-reform-plan-in-full-exclusive-translation/

Offline Sangria

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #232 on: March 10, 2021, 06:21:16 pm »
CCP troll? My country literally went to war with them...

EDIT : But then that is the playbook for failed liberals. Deflect and project when their "reasoning" has no basis in reality
Terrible player, glad Arbeloa came when he did. Thought Liverpool missed a mark in not signing Sun Jihai.

Aurelio has to be one of the wasted talents at full back as well. Also, I never understood Jack Robinson not making the cut sadly

But you see as China woke up and realized there is no way an island nation of less than 60 million people should have a monopoly on the top echleons of soccer we too realized it was time to roll up our own sleeves and build home grown structures. The road is long but we will get there

https://wildeastfootball.net/2016/02/read-chinese-footballs-50-point-reform-plan-in-full-exclusive-translation/

Does not compute.
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

Offline newworldorderA

• Kemlynite
« Reply #233 on: March 10, 2021, 06:25:24 pm »
I was not careful with my wording :). My nation is building a home grown league structure that completely overhauled the previous one and they did it after the governing body finally got a kick up their backside when the media started questioning why China could build the CSL which had regularly started filling out stadiums and our teams were playing in water logged pitches.

EDIT : Perhaps "filling out" isn't accurate either but the average attendance was definitely on a steady upward trend
« Last Edit: March 10, 2021, 06:27:36 pm by newworldorderA »

Offline Yorkykopite

• RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #234 on: March 10, 2021, 06:45:25 pm »

There is no "monopoly". England, Spain, Germany, Italy, France, Holland, Portugal (and more) all produce great footballers, contain great teams, have amazing footballing histories. I suppose it helps them being democracies.

Sadly for you (if you're a footy fan), your favourite country is a Fascist despotism and will never be able to sustain any real interest in football, which is a 'people's game'. You might 'imitate' real football for a while, but that's all. Your current champions for example? They've just gone up in a puff of smoke. Disappeared off the face of the earth.

Still, there are far bigger problems for you to worry about in China. Being treated like slaves by the Chinese Communist Party being the main one.

Offline newworldorderA

• Kemlynite
« Reply #235 on: March 10, 2021, 06:54:50 pm »
There is no "monopoly". England, Spain, Germany, Italy, France, Holland, Portugal (and more) all produce great footballers, contain great teams, have amazing footballing histories. I suppose it helps them being democracies.

Ah yes, democracy is important in producing sports stars. I suppose Chinas domination of the Olympics never happened and Brazil and Argentina never dominated world football while being military dictatorships. Really, this is what what the great Western Liberal has been reduced to?

Sadly for you (if you're a footy fan), your favourite country is a Fascist despotism and will never be able to sustain any real interest in football, which is a 'people's game'.

Lol, what hubristic nonsense. Also, for the record China is far from being my "favorite" country.

Still, there are far bigger problems for you to worry about in China. Being treated like slaves by the Chinese Communist Party being the main one.

Ah yes, the Chinese people who have now have food, shelter, wealth and the promise of a brighter future after the century of humilation form so called Western "democracies" due to the hard work of the CCP must really hate the CCP from providing all that. They must really hate the fact that the CCP is efficient enough to control COVID whilse Western "democracies" can't get people to wear a mask.

How will they ever survive without the freedom to write an op-ed article based on half knoweldge  ::)

Offline Yorkykopite

• RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #236 on: March 10, 2021, 07:06:38 pm »
Ah yes, democracy is important in producing sports stars. I suppose Chinas domination of the Olympics never happened.

That's right. It came behind Yorkshire.

Anyway, more on the genocide of the Uighurs since you're here my trolling friend.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/mar/09/chinas-treatment-of-uighurs-breaches-un-genocide-convention-finds-landmark-report

From the Guardian. Obviously not to your liking as a newspaper since it's not controlled by a One-Party State and doesn't have its tongue inserted inside Xi's private area . But it has a certain track record in producing decent journalism over the last 150 years.

Offline newworldorderA

• Kemlynite
« Reply #237 on: March 10, 2021, 07:11:22 pm »
The guardian links the exact same report you already linked riddled with the same inaccuracies that it is from a known American partisan source with Adrian Zenz on it's list of "Experts".

This kind of meta-analysis would be laughed out of the room by people who think credibility is worth anything but we all know the state of "journalism" these days

Offline Yorkykopite

• RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #238 on: March 11, 2021, 10:24:06 am »
It's the 62nd anniversary of the Tibetan uprising against the Chinese invasion and conquest of this once sovereign nation.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/city/dehradun/tibetans-protest-against-chinese-occupation-demand-freedom-of-tibet/articleshow/81436867.cms

No doubt our visiting troll will be hear to tell us that the CCP is bringing colour TV to Tibet or something.

Offline newworldorderA

• Kemlynite
« Reply #239 on: March 11, 2021, 10:50:01 am »
From failed genocide accusations that are cookie cutter approaches from the American template of propaganda to the Western obsession of Tibet. The Western trolls are too predictable nowadays

Curious mate, what is your opinion on the ulitimatum Mao gave the Tibetians to abolish feudalism and the Dalai's refusal?

As a member of a country with separatist movements, good on China for stabilizing their borders. Similar to Spain, funny how the EU looks the other way when Catalonia leaders are jailed without trial but scream REEEEE when it comes to Hong Kong.

Well done China, don't take smack from anybody!