Author Topic: What games are you playing at the moment?  (Read 210584 times)

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan
Re: What games are you playing at the moment?
« Reply #1400 on: June 1, 2021, 02:23:25 pm »
 Just started a second (NG+) playthrough of HZD. Had forgotten just how beautiful the world is and am actually appreciating the game in general more the second time around. Fantastic job all around by Guerrilla Games. Gutted that I'll have to wait for years (if ever) for Forbidden West on pc.

Also started Automobilista 2. Bloody fantastic in VR.

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #1401 on: June 2, 2021, 12:40:51 am »
Andromeda has the best combat of all of them. I played it through once but towards the end it was obligation for having got that far. The whole story was so obviously cut and then pulled back together. Kind of interested in what they're currently cooking up for continuing it though.

I have to say, I didn't really care when the trailer for the next Mass Effect was released, but having finished the trilogy again, I'm really interested in where they are going with this. It could be great getting another game with (some) of the characters from the original trilogy. At the same time, there's also a lot of room for them to completely fuck this up, because a lot of the trilogy is about the way the characters develop and about small details, you don't even notice at first glance. Like how having different squad mates with you in a mission can change what they say (without it changing anything about the mission) or how they interact with each other. Stuff like having Javik with you on Thessia or when you see a Yahg being killed in ME3 and Shepard makes a comment about the Shadow Broker (if you have played the DLC in ME2) complete with Liara reacting to it and Garrus chiming in, if they're in your squad for that mission. Stuff like that takes a lot of additional work to implement. You need to write the stuff, record the dialogue and make sure it works in the game. That's quite some effort for something only some players will actually see in their game depending on their choices. I'm not sure whether they can be arsed with stuff like that. At the same time, I'm convinced it plays a huge part in why players like the original trilogy.

Having said that, I'm kind of looking for what to play next as I still have about half a week off from work. Tried Biomutant, but I don't really think that's for me. Fired up Fallout76 today on Xbox Gamepass to see whether it's actually worth playing now with the additional content they've come up with since the original release, but the UI is just so horrible for the game. I also don't really like that you now have to eat and drink and the base building is just as awful as it was in F4. Might give Solasta: Crown of the Magister a try. It definitely sounds interesting.

Offline Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1402 on: June 2, 2021, 02:52:59 pm »
Replaying TLOU2 with the 60fps PS5 patch. A fantastic game made even better.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #1403 on: June 4, 2021, 06:39:00 pm »
Just copped Mass Effect Legendary Edition. I’ve a good weekend ahead of me.

Offline Crimson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1404 on: June 4, 2021, 07:43:14 pm »
Interested in giving that a go myself. Let me know your thoughts when you're further in.

Sure mate, just got to finish TW3 again first ;D
I have no idea what I’m taking about

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1405 on: June 4, 2021, 08:44:40 pm »
Any chance of ME collection landing on Switch?

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1406 on: June 4, 2021, 08:46:30 pm »

Having never played the originals, this is most definitely on the list!

Offline Disregarder

• Andshe'llripyerknackersoff
  • Anny Roader
  • TV's own
« Reply #1407 on: June 4, 2021, 09:09:09 pm »
Coming to the end of FF7 Remake as I'm in the Shinra building. Had my doubts about it at first, especially since I'd played a demo a few years ago and didn't like it then, mostly because of the perceived cheesiness of the voice acting and confusing combat. A few posters on here said to stick with and it would grow on me and it did just that.

I played the original back in the day and am totally on board with rating it among the best ever games so there was a lot at stake with this remake for me. I've loved playing it although it hasn't been able to replicate that feeling I got in 1997 on the PS1 of 'this changes everything' - an impossible ask, and incidentally something which seems to be rarer these days as changes between hardware are less seismic.

My 8k rig goes boom
PSN: OireCocobean

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #1408 on: June 4, 2021, 09:43:11 pm »
I have to say, I didn't really care when the trailer for the next Mass Effect was released, but having finished the trilogy again, I'm really interested in where they are going with this. It could be great getting another game with (some) of the characters from the original trilogy. At the same time, there's also a lot of room for them to completely fuck this up, because a lot of the trilogy is about the way the characters develop and about small details, you don't even notice at first glance. Like how having different squad mates with you in a mission can change what they say (without it changing anything about the mission) or how they interact with each other. Stuff like having Javik with you on Thessia or when you see a Yahg being killed in ME3 and Shepard makes a comment about the Shadow Broker (if you have played the DLC in ME2) complete with Liara reacting to it and Garrus chiming in, if they're in your squad for that mission. Stuff like that takes a lot of additional work to implement. You need to write the stuff, record the dialogue and make sure it works in the game. That's quite some effort for something only some players will actually see in their game depending on their choices. I'm not sure whether they can be arsed with stuff like that. At the same time, I'm convinced it plays a huge part in why players like the original trilogy.

Having said that, I'm kind of looking for what to play next as I still have about half a week off from work.

They tried the fan service reference in Andromeda too with Liara. Didn't really work, especially not as that whole branch of the story of how Andromeda began died on its backside with not much further learned. I was up for just making something different, stepping away from Shep and doing something new, just not sure the gaming world is in the same place as it was when ME was made. Focus on games as a service and how that presents problems for RPGs attempting to show meaningful consequences makes me sceptical we'll see a proper comparison to ME trilogy on this turn of the wheel.

---

Keep being sent Warhammer games at the moment. Been mucking about with Necromunda:Hired Gun, a 40k firstperson shooter (nuDoom style) done by the makers of the weirdly fascinating but janky E.Y.E. Reviews of their Necromunda seem a bit mean to me. There's a solid base there, just a lot of jank to animations and some weird balance decisions like the insta-gib autoheal trivialising any sense of difficulty. Few technical issues I've run into such as the odd bit of microstutter when playing with gsync rather the ingame vsync. What it does do well is give a sense of the 40k ludicrous fascist-esque monuments and scale of a world which has essentially become one joined-up city building constantly on top of itself. Its gun play works well enough but I'm no huge fan of the trend of throwing out +0.1 accuracy upgrades every two minutes. Sense that if it's given support and time that it'll polish up pretty well but while everyone's rushing to dunk on it then the chances of that become slimmer.
« Last Edit: June 4, 2021, 09:44:57 pm by Zeb »
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Online stoa

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1409 on: June 4, 2021, 09:43:54 pm »
Having never played the originals, this is most definitely on the list!

Definitely worth playing. :thumbsup

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #1410 on: June 4, 2021, 09:46:20 pm »
Started The Last of Us for the first time on a second hand PS4 pro I picked up.

Its OK so far, bit slow. Just met some girl called Ellie who I gather becomes a big part of the story.
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #1411 on: June 5, 2021, 01:28:35 am »

My femshep, she is very pretty.

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1412 on: June 5, 2021, 07:44:36 am »
My femshep, she is very pretty.

Fit her  ;D

Offline voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #1413 on: June 5, 2021, 09:14:18 am »
wanted a racing game to piss around with so got forza 7 for not very much (but legitimate)

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1414 on: June 6, 2021, 06:34:56 am »
wanted a racing game to piss around with so got forza 7 for not very much (but legitimate)

Are you on a controller or a wheel?

Offline voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #1415 on: June 6, 2021, 09:34:33 am »
Are you on a controller or a wheel?

controller. which was another part of the reason

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1416 on: June 9, 2021, 02:11:07 pm »
Working from home today I decided to boot up gran turismo sport and buy some cars in between working  :D

Purchased 21 in total, I don't usually use my in game credits and just collect them as rewards but thought i'd treat myself! Among my favourites that I bought are the Supra GT '88, the NSX Type R '92, 911 Turbo '81 and the Enzo '02

What i'd give for one of these in real life!

Online stoa

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1417 on: June 9, 2021, 02:34:21 pm »
Fit her  ;D

So was my male Shepard until he looked like a permanently red traffic light in the end... ;)

Have gone back to Terraria now. Did play it a lot a while ago, but only ever saw a small bit of the whole game. I'm confident, that this time I'll go all the way until the end...

Offline dalarr

• hästarr. Call me sensitive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1418 on: June 9, 2021, 04:05:24 pm »
Replaying TLOU2 with the 60fps PS5 patch. A fantastic game made even better.
Will be a long time before I can replay that. Every gaming session left me emotionally and physically exhausted. Great game.

Offline voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #1419 on: June 9, 2021, 07:09:33 pm »
mess effect legendary edition pc version now appears to be available for "free" online.

Offline WillG.LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1420 on: June 12, 2021, 02:27:41 pm »
Just got Chivalry 2, pretty good but very hard to learn :D

https://youtu.be/h1IvYzvfsvo

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #1421 on: June 12, 2021, 08:45:14 pm »
mess effect legendary edition pc version now appears to be available for "free" online.

Legally?

Offline voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #1422 on: June 12, 2021, 08:49:08 pm »

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #1423 on: June 12, 2021, 08:50:20 pm »
Didn't think so.

Never been a fan of pirating games personally.

Anyway, started on Control today. Great little game so far. Very puzzly and I'm not very good at puzzles so I do worry I'll get bored of it when I get to one I can't do.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2021, 10:10:27 pm by Jake »

Offline Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1424 on: June 12, 2021, 09:28:57 pm »
Will be a long time before I can replay that. Every gaming session left me emotionally and physically exhausted. Great game.

Oh definitely the story is amazing... but so bleak and depressing. Definitely left an impact on me.

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1425 on: June 13, 2021, 03:23:41 am »
Huh I thought it came with Denuvo
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1426 on: June 13, 2021, 07:22:56 am »
Huh I thought it came with Denuvo

Empress has cracked Denuvo over and over. Valhalla being a recent example.

Online AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1427 on: June 13, 2021, 07:56:49 am »
Finished Ori & The Blind Forest, great game but I’m playing something else before I jump into the sequel. Some of the areas had me rage quitting a few times haha.

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1428 on: June 13, 2021, 08:35:53 am »
Empress has cracked Denuvo over and over. Valhalla being a recent example.
I had a look on the CrackWatch subreddit, apparently EA removed Denuvo, very odd. I know Empress cracks it but it still tends to take a while.
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #1429 on: June 13, 2021, 08:51:51 am »
one of the recent updates removed it apparently. I can only presume that gaming companies only see the initial rush of sales as when they want to stop piracy and aren't that arsed afterwards!

Online AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1430 on: June 13, 2021, 04:37:29 pm »
Started Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice earlier. It seems there are a lot of puzzles, think I'll crack on with it.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1431 on: June 13, 2021, 05:08:43 pm »
Started Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice earlier. It seems there are a lot of puzzles, think I'll crack on with it.

Just picked that up in the sales too, mate told me good things. Be interested to see how you like it

Offline Fabulous_aurelio

• You will always find him in the kitchen at parties (most likely alone in a corner with a half-empty glass of Tizer keeping his powder dry...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well Red.
« Reply #1432 on: June 13, 2021, 09:02:26 pm »
I started this recently. It looks incredible. Some puzzles are very stressful but it's amazing.
"Salahs in here......"

Online AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1433 on: June 13, 2021, 09:05:38 pm »
Yeah I’m enjoying it, it’s something different. The combat is basic and some of the puzzles are annoying but the story is intriguing and it looks gorgeous.

Offline leinad

• Kopite
« Reply #1434 on: June 13, 2021, 10:21:55 pm »
Anyway, started on Control today. Great little game so far. Very puzzly and I'm not very good at puzzles so I do worry I'll get bored of it when I get to one I can't do.

It's free on the epic games store atm think I will start it myself, the Alan Wake dlc sold me.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1435 on: June 14, 2021, 12:49:43 pm »
It's free on the epic games store atm think I will start it myself, the Alan Wake dlc sold me.

I just completed it. It was a bit slow to get started, but I enjoyed it quite a lot. I took a lot less interest in the text after a short amount of time but didn't feel like I missed out on the story as a consequence

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1436 on: June 14, 2021, 01:02:20 pm »
bought ME: Legendary Edition. dunno whether I can be arsed with mass effect 1 again, might just skip straight to 2
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #1437 on: June 14, 2021, 01:58:57 pm »
bought ME: Legendary Edition. dunno whether I can be arsed with mass effect 1 again, might just skip straight to 2

If you don't play the first one after them spending pretty much all their time on it you've probably wasted your money.

Offline Mr Mingebag Squid

• Wire glory hunter
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1438 on: June 14, 2021, 02:05:57 pm »
99% of my time spent on some iteration of Call of Duty but now having the games pass I've dipped into Planet Coaster - bloody difficult to make something half decent!

Any recommendations for any hidden gems on games pass?
My Sporting Dream Team:-
LFC - Worcester Warriors - Warrington Wolves - New England Patriots - Jenson Button
My Twatter : @MrHappySquid

Online gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #1439 on: June 14, 2021, 02:11:00 pm »
Neon Abyss and Lonely Mountains:Downhill.
AHA!